Why does Nolan direct his movies in a suit?

Why does Nolan direct his movies in a suit?

Attached: gfmul7jqlqj31.jpg (1024x712, 195K)

Because he is a pretentious faggot trying to self-consciously project an air of Old English sophistication and class. That's his "I'm a director" costume.

Because he is a pretentious faggot trying to self-consciously project an air of Old English sophistication and class. That's his "I'm a director" costume.

I consider him a bigger hack for always wearing an unnecessary scarf.

Attached: 1564128165235.webm (718x404, 1.46M)

It's his way of saying i'm not an uncultured american who hangs around in cargo shorts and sneakers.

we heard you the first time

SamRaimi does too.

>he doesn’t where grey tshirts with grey sweatpants and grey crosstrainers everywhere

Nobody can beat Paul Feig on pretentiousness.

Attached: paul-feig-1-e1560451672658-700x323.jpg (700x323, 51K)

That's what he wears most of the time, even when not working. I know some people think it's an act, but he's just a posh boy from England, that's how they dress. It's not an act.

Paul is the same, he dresses like this every day, the only difference is it reflects in his work because he's incredibly shallow.

I mean it's not like wearing really casual/ shitty clothes makes you any better either. Pic related.

Attached: kevin-smith-e1515078460147.png (993x491, 1.04M)

That's not a suit.

it's his hack costume

Proper fucking response!

based
cringe

K I N O C E P T I O N

Attached: 70[1].gif (332x215, 2.07M)

Me on the right

I literally cringed

>"I got used to the pockets"
Quote from the man himself.

I bet you have a matching fedora too

Op begins a /fa thread on TV. Well done

Attached: 51zoXGZe3AL.jpg (500x334, 43K)

seems to be working, a lot of people here seem triggered

Attached: 1497370763917.jpg (400x400, 65K)

I like how he wears merchandise hats of his past movies on set.

Attached: 79b3e84aa1b37b886ffdb69ab7b35380.jpg (500x661, 61K)

The chad Fincher remains as comfy as possible on set. He doesn’t need a suit to exude authority.

Attached: E1A665C1-364E-412A-83C1-2074F7EA0DDE.jpg (1280x712, 83K)

Attached: michael-bay-and-jerry-bruckheimer-armageddon.jpg (1000x667, 828K)

>David "gotta CGI that office space/building lobby/street because I'm a raging autist and some extra sneezed two times in a row" Fincher

those are pants and a coat

I'M DIRECTING

>the Virgin Mastroianni
>the Chad Fellini

Attached: 812.jpg (1200x862, 492K)

Attached: dolcevita.jpg (1241x1024, 208K)

That's not a "suit" you dumb manchild.
And he is the literal opposite of pretentious, he's like a kid on a playground on set not afraid to get dirty at all

Attached: nolan having a blast.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Attached: nouomo.jpg (1417x926, 272K)

An outfit that simply says, 'I made fucking Indiana Jones'

How is that supposed to mean he's not pretentious?

Attached: BrianDePalma.jpg (640x800, 49K)

It would be less pathetic if his movies weren't total garbage. Imagine directing the Fembusters movie and being this full of yourself.

That isn't a suit, its a pair of M&S chinos, some shoes and a blazer. Its really 'living out of hotels half the year' -core. If you look closely the jacket hasn't been pressed in months and his shoes are scuffed but you kind of get away with it if you iron your shirts.

Because he's not a fucking bum

well it makes for kino so I don't care

At least Smith acknowledges he's an unremarkable director who contributes nothing to the tv shows he works on beyond bringing boxes of donuts for the crew.

Well ... it’s much better than being naked, user. A dude ain’t exactly the king of comedy just yet Y’know ?

> not knowing what Old English is

Amerimutt detected

I'd like to see what you'd dress if u were a director

His “high school equivalent” education years were spent at an Independant(private) school in the UK that has a number of former distinguished pupils.
He probably got used to that sort of clothing at the school.
If the clothes are bespoke made, they’re probably comfy as fuck.

Yea ... Steven has always been right on the issues. The things used to hit the video shop by the time he made new one. He definitely know how to sell darn thangs without costing too much.

Sport coat and pants is not a suit. You can tell Yea Forums doesn't go outside much.

He's imitating the real master

Attached: Sam raimi.jpg (692x478, 83K)

>where
yanks, everyone

I have noticed that Nolan flicks are very fashion conscious. Inception in particular was fashion kino. Tenet seems to continue the trend as well.

>suit

>Can you string them up higher?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1050x701, 121K)

>I'd like to see what you'd dress if u were a director
I'd probably do something like Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs and find some comfy work clothes setup and just buy dozens of those and wear them every day.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Attached: nicolas-winding-refn-ryan-gosling.jpg (680x478, 53K)

fpbp

based soulless lizard user

I would pull a T-Bone and direct naked

>wearing a full suit in the middle of summer
>comfy

That's not a "full suit" you dumb manchild