ITT: the best female-led films, that aren't explicitly about feminism or women's rights, but don't use sexist tropes

ITT: the best female-led films, that aren't explicitly about feminism or women's rights, but don't use sexist tropes

Attached: the silence of the lambs.jpg (2011x2968, 1.66M)

She was the worst part of the movie, you fucking retard.

Could you say Duvall was the Shining's lead?

untrue

chicken run

During the second half, yes.
Alienses

holy fuck you really didn't get the movie did you ya fucking idiot

Attached: 052.jpg (480x411, 14K)

Cringe

Aliens had the HURR HURR YUR A WIMMINZ bullshit in it.

It was refreshing to talk about it back then and have her do stuff, but it's kind of grating and nasty now, Espescially with the uber bulldyke marine "chick" in there.

Fucking Amal

Attached: 1561632996614.jpg (211x211, 14K)

OOF and yikespilled

idk user

Attached: sicario-poster.jpg (767x1136, 1.07M)

Explain

She wasn't the lead though. She had no idea what was really going on for the entire movie.

Have sex.

Close your legs.

the movie is entirely about feminism and women's right in the work place /society, there are alot of sexist tropes, for example everytime a man is talking to Clarice the camera looks down on her, when Clarice responds camera2 looks up to the man

Attached: tumblr_omxxrzy0FU1qetb0ho1_1280.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

Not until you suck my cock you raging faggot.

Even the thing with the tranny is about faggots in dresses taking women's places and pushing out women who are unattractive.

Get it?

Sneed

You're right that there's social commentary illustrated through how men in the FBI treat Clarice, but Clarice herself isn't written in a hamfisted overly-feminist way. She responds to it all like a real person would, not like a feminist movie character would.

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 16K)

those are just your personal and paranoid bias

Geez, have sex..the movie is tremendous and Clarice is a fantastic character.

idk I always perceived her as the lead tho the ending fucks that up abit.

The movie is a realistic portrayal of a women in the work place.
If this movie was made today her lambs would of stopped screaming.

I didn't say the movie isn't great, I just said that saying the movie isn't feminist and about women's right is just downright stupid and you didn't get it

Hence why I said EXPLICITLY. The subtext is there and it informs a lot of the plot but on the surface it’s not a movie that’s about sexism/feminism. And the “sexist tropes” you’re on about are commentary on the feminist subtext, it doesn’t mean the writers are falling into tropes/stereotypes that reduce women to objects

OP said "explicitly." Yes, The Silence of the Lambs is a feminist film that explores how Clarice is mistreated by the men who surround her, but the subtext of the film isn't obnoxiously handled. Clarice works her way through the bullshit without acting like a stuck-up cunt or crying about her troubles.

it'll be the same 4 movies because there are only 4 good female movies.
silence of the lambs
terminator II (fuck terminator 1)
legally blonde
the heat

It's not ABOUT that, it has that subtext but how wouldn't it? It was beautifully written. But no it's not about feminism directly even though it has slight tones.

>(fuck terminator 1)
Fuck you. Also, Alien is better than 3 of the 4 films you mentioned.

I think she chooses to handle it like that because she knows lithe FBI and law enforcement in general is a man's game. Crying and saying it's not fair, at least at the time the movie was made, would have got get ass fired and sent back to whatever trailer park she was from.

When in Rome, do what the Roman's do.

But what of good Solonious?

Technically I am cheating since the film predates 2nd and 3rd wave feminism. Bette Davis plays an aging actress at the top of her game when a manipulative sociopath young actress enters her and her friends lives.

Attached: MV5BMTY2MTAzODI5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjM4NzQ0MjE@._V1_.jpg (1000x1500, 661K)

Just the one Alien, really

god damn i hate vasquez and i've never even seen the movie

You could say a lot of things