Did he really kill all those people?

Did he really kill all those people?

Attached: comiccon-American_Psycho-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483994504848._SX1080_.jpg (1080x608, 92K)

Yes, but no one knows who he actually killed since every one of these interchangeable NPC rich boy vice presidents is so alike and the absolutely the same. Barely anyone gets anyone's name right the entire film.

Also check em

Attached: 1560798865383.jpg (970x595, 269K)

Check these

no, the only thing that distinguished him from everyone else was his psychosis, which is the only way the viewer understands the continuity of his character

A disappointing amount of dubs in this thread, let me fix that

No real answer. Realistically no because the chainsaw scene and the one where he went on a rampage where impossible. Pretty much any of his murders would have caught him in the end.

But the purposeful cliffhanger means there is no right answer

Just read the book, OP

unironically read the book

The real question is whether the chinks messed up his dry cleaning.

Nice

test

Check em

Dubs say no

He never killed anyone. He was too busy returning videotapes.

Check

Test

Test

I felt the implication for yes was that he did and someone else covered his tracks for him, presumably because they'd suffer massively if he got caught.

I want to die.

what the fuck is going on

Dubs say he killed the homeless guy

Did you?

Singles say he did it

It’s undetermined and also somewhat beside the point whether he “actually” did it.

checked

Trips insight

do tell what is the point of the film

Dubs and all the black people will die tomorrow.

Dumb

get

Did he really check all those dubs?

lemme show yall how to dub\

Dubs says my first class will go smoothly

Dubs says first class go smooth

Dubs

plz let me post hiro

no but he coomed in a lot of prostitutes

Alienation.

Patrick Bateman was the Tyler Durden to Marvus Halberstram.
>I am simply not there
Because Bateman was never real

Patrick Bateman was the Tyler Durden to Marcus Halberstram.
>I am simply not there
Because Bateman was never real

no

But who had the better haircut?

Did he really get all those dubs?

Cool it with the antisemitic remarks

Checked

the guy fires a bullet and blows up a car, of course it was in his head

Test

The point is: even if he killed all these people...no one cares. So did your question have a sense or not?

no, it's completely fictional. he's a character. it's based on a novel.

fucking servers

check em

based who doesn’t

Impressive

Dubs grant me the power to have sex.

>that rat chapter in the book

come one he fed that rat really expensive french cheese

It was Paul Allen all along.

come one he fed that rat really expensive french cheese

Money =/= happiness.

Can someone explain this double reply meme to me?

gookmoot forgot to pay the bills now Yea Forums is all fucked up

Summer is over, shouldnt you be in class

Attached: witnessed.jpg (544x499, 47K)

I think he killed the first few wanting to get caught, and the rest were a result of his mental degradation understanding the position he was in.

A man and his life are so artificial, even the honest, human need to be a psychopath killer can't stop them. With nothing meaning anything he has both cart blanch to act, and no desire to try.

That question is one that is ultimately left to the viewer. This kind of soft touch subtle story telling is a stark contrast to that which plagued the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: BFDC3FC5-8EA4-4182-94A3-40FE8B86B4FD.jpg (1616x2896, 548K)

I think this is the wrong thread buddy

Attached: jon.png (307x394, 143K)

RENT

I THINK DORSIA SUCKS

Attached: coolsville.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

It was a movie, not real life. No, he didn't.

check out my trips

Why is Tolkien in the shit tier?
It's not conveying a complex indepth message, sure, but it was never meant to.
It was supposed to be a complex and lore rich fantasy funtimes adventure, and it excelled at that.
I'm also unsure why brave new world is in low-tier, when I'd argue it's predictions for the future have become more accurate than 1984(though I love 1984, as both the writing and message is great)
also why are the micheal jordan and kanye west books so high?
not saying they shouldn't be, just legit curious what they have going for them that puts them above all the stuff below them

Did you just type all this shit in response to an age-old pasta?

Dubs and I kill myself.

nah, the image attached to the pasta

yes he killed all those people.

1. the blood red bedsheets at the end
2. the detective knew but let him off hte hook because he couldnt get the evidence.

everything is explained by the fact that in this film everyone is almost the same htey get each other's names wrong. john allen mistook bateman for someone else hte entire movie. bateman's lawyer, during the face to face confession at the end, thought he was another guy named davis.

the card scene is the only time we get a true accurate representation of who each of these people are - and thats only for 4 people. the only times that arent real is when he shouts at poeple that he's a manical killer - like when he was breaking up with his gf, he'll say he's a killer, and then they'll look up like the gf will ask what they were talking about.

batement gets off because while he was killing paul allen, all his "Friends" were meeting together somewhere else, and someone at that meeting mistook someone for bateman. so the detective knew that bateman killed, but because someone placed bateman with his "friends" (actually mistaking another guy for him) he had an alibi, and there's nothing the detective could do with it.

batemen was more in touch with humanity as he said to his gf, because he thought it actually mattered that he killed people, that it should matter, when at teh end of hte day, none of thees people cared and everyone was interchangeable - no one ever let bateman have a "real" conversation, his gf didnt let him get serious about breaking up for a long time, and the lawyer essentially fled the scene when bateman was trying to tell him he was a murderer

Hello, newfren.

>tfw no dubs

>haha american psycho look at numbers xD

Attached: 1566322929071m.jpg (1024x854, 122K)