Disney+ is NEET-friendly: Why Yea Forums prefers the weekly episode model of TV show airing

Netflix:
>all episodes released at once
>Yea Forums neets watch all the episodes in 5 to 10 hours and have only a short time to discuss them on Yea Forums because the hype wears down within a week or two.
>when there's no show to watch and discuss, they get bored and think about suicide and are open to people telling them to get a fucking job instead of discussing the latest TV show ad nauseum

Disney+:
>episodes always released weekly
>Yea Forums neets have something to look forward to every week and can discuss each episode for the entire week until the next episode, giving them an activity to enjoy instead of finding a job or thinking about killing themselves

Therefore, binge watching is the normie way of watching TV, giving normies free time to enjoy their active lifestyle instead of watching TV back to back every week. You can just finish a season quickly and not have to tune in the following week. You can plan something else instead, like going on a hike, kayaking, or going on vacation with your friends or gf.

Weekly episodes are the NEET way of watching TV because it gives NEETs a long time to savor their shows on a weekly basis instead of being forced to think about the implications of their lonely, suicide-prone, sedentary lifestyle.

Disney+ is NEET-friendly and it doesn't matter if you torrent or pay. You are still beholden to their schedule and become a word of mouth advertiser for their shows for a much longer period of time.

They know their audience.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-29 Disney+ to Release Episodes Weekly A Welcome Break From Stress-Bingeing (1).pn (386x379, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgFTDv0pBX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>friends
>gf

You're not getting our shekels yidsney

Holy shit this is embarrassing even for a disney shill

Neets need binge watching though

T. Former Neet

it's about money and sustaining subscriber numbers as long as possibe, they're going for the weekly release model so people can't binge then cancel after a month like happens with netflix/amazon etc, they want people to start watching a show and if they like it keep subbed every month as it airs. they're closer to just another cable channel than a streaming service.

Weekly episodes is superior in every way, funny to see Yea Forums being contrarian just because Disney is doing it.

Then I'll download it weekly you rootless cosmopolitan

>disney

Attached: just consume product goy.jpg (550x440, 82K)

this is the most obvious shill post ever lmao, its almost like it was intentionally written like that

>pay for product
>owner says "I'll bring it around next week, trust me."
>(((articles))) praise this
hmmmm...
Jesus tapdancing Christ

Shill : the thread

>they're going for the weekly release model so people can't binge then cancel after a month like happens with netflix/amazon etc
Except they forget that people can still wait for the show to end, binge for a month then cancel.

>Weekly episodes are the NEET way of watching TV because it gives NEETs a long time to savor their shows on a weekly basis instead of being forced to think about the implications of their lonely, suicide-prone, sedentary lifestyle.
Please please be fucking bait.

All streaming services are a waste of money

services aren't products, goy

I'd rather watch shit whenever I want then base my viewing habits around when other people watch it.

>Neets need binge watching though
no they dont

>Film a whole show
>Drip feed it weekly

Yeah n.a. It ain't the 90s anymore gramps

you know its true

Literally the only show that did this that I've followed past 3 episodes in the last decade is Better Call Saul, I'm not sure how I'm expected to give the slightest shit

If you've been a Neet you'd understand you need constant distraction to stop the thoughts about suicide

>If you've been a Neet you'd understand you need constant distraction to stop the thoughts about suicide
That's what weekly shows do. The OP is right.

I hope you kill yourself in the most painful way you can imagine. Do it sooner than later.

Trust me, all the people here talking shit about Disney/Spiderman... karma is coming back like a motherfucker!

20-30 shows only released weekly? Yea Forums is about to become ground zero for The Mouse. Marvel discussion for months on end. Imagine Brie posting and times'ing that by 3000!!!

You all shoulda kept your mouths shut. Now it's time to pay the piper!

Binge watching is bad for advertising purposes

I prefer weekly.

>weekly discussions
>generals
>dont have to worry about spoilers for the whole season
>dont have to watch the entire season in a day if you want to discuss it
>watching it all at once can fuck up the pacing
>DAMN THIS CLIFFHANGER IS CRAZY! alright next episode.
>all episodes meld together

I watched Bojack in one day and remember little to nothing about it.

Would be smarter to release a new episode every day instead. If they can get to a point where they're putting out a steady stream of new content, it makes more sense that people get their 2 weeks of watching a show, giving ample time to talk about it with water cooler talk each day, and then move onto the next new series.

>neet
>paying for anything you can get for free
you shills aren't very bright

They're betting on the watercooler effect, people don't want to be left out of discussion for 12 weeks or whatever. The reality is that nobody is going to pay for this shit aside from capeshit retards.

>removing an option to do things
>uhhh it's a break lol
Disney shills man.

>I prefer weekly.
so you're a neet, right?

Weekly watching = Consistent structure for my fucked up autistic brain

I prefer it a lot more than binging

>20 shit shows no one will watch and only meme their worst scene in webm form
It's going to be a massacre, like TLJ flopping but 24/7

Skillfully utilizing the episodic format is a nuance of true telekino. Shows designed for binge watching might as well be long ass movies.

Nah, only neets have the time to binge watch. Normies watched TV every week for a century

it's too make more money, obviously. You have to pay for a year to watch a whole season instead of only paying a month. Why Netflix doesn't do this has never made sense to me.

>you can't choose to watch it on one sitting if you want and that's a good thing!
Disneyshills ladies and gentlemen

>only neets have the time to binge watch.
Every normie I know does it just fine.

weekly is objectively better
binge watchers need instant gratification and dont understand the importance of anticipation - theyre essentially jizzbrains

>weekly releases
aka how regular fucking tv works and has worked for 70 years

Watching Twin Peaks with you niggers week to week was amazing

I miss you little niggas like you wouldnt believe.

whoa, a weekly release schedule? what a truly based and unprecendentedpilled move by the mouse!

>welcome break from stress-bingeing
>stress-bingeing.
What a non problem. First world problems am I right?

Attached: 40466E9C-083F-44D8-B32B-AF53CD937712.gif (348x374, 2.31M)

>stress-binging
Do people have no self-control or scheduling skills?

>same shit as always bros! Isn't it great?
These guys are lucky some people will get this thing to make their kids shut up, among actual adults it's flopping hard

>Therefore, binge watching is the normie way of watching TV
tell that to me who grow up in the 90s

Actual NEET going on 9 years isolation here. FUCK cliffhangers and FUCK delayed episodic content. I infinitely prefer entire seasons being dumped. There are too many shows out there for me to try and fit things into a "schedule". If there even end up being exclusives on the platform I want to watch, I am 100% pirating only full seasons after they've all been released. Disney's current marketing department is full of the most out of touch retards holy shit.

there's a lot who won't though, if they have friends who're a couple of weeks into something and getting hyped about it they could sign up to be a part of it, word of mouth is a pretty big influence on a lot of people. think of GoT, how many people watch it week to week so they can talk about it with their friends, they could just wait for it to end then get a month of HBO to watch it, but they don't.

I'm a coincuck NEET who mined BTC early. I pay for things I like, but I won't be paying for the streaming version of being led on and blueballed.

youtube.com/watch?v=dgFTDv0pBX8

My biggest problem with Netflix and co is the fact that their catalogue is not fixed. One movie can be there today and literally get taken out tomorrow. This is worse with tv shows: what if I start watching a series with 5/6 seasons at my own pace (so, no binge, but let's say 2/3 episodes per day at most) and it gets taken down when I'm still at season 3?
I don't care if the mouse is evil and bla bla: if Dysney+'s catalogue is fixed I'm going with it and FUCK NETFLIX

they announce the comings and goings of movies well in advance, user. it's only a mystery or a surprise to the ignorant.

Or I could just sail the eight seas (formerly seven) and do my best impression of Jack Sparrow.

Main problem will be that their catalog is going to be trash, fixed or not

I for one will purchase a subscription to the long-awaited Disney+ streaming service. Just look at the line up of shows you will have access to, simply epic.

I shall cancel my Netflix subscription right away. Only junkies and losers 'binge' shows.

>stress-bingeing
Is that even a thing?

yes sweaty

>Stress-Bingeing
Man, if you are under stress just sitting on your ass and watching TV you got some issues that need sorting out.

Attached: 1526096220851.jpg (911x718, 104K)

oh boy i can't wait to pay monthly for what amounts to a glorified disney-only on demand channel. because turning technology backwards for profit is just so motherfucking awesome.

Then hopefully this will turn off normies. NEET audience isn't good business

>Therefore, binge watching is the normie way of watching TV,
Funny how that happened. It used to be anime dorks and those nerds downloading whole series off p2p were the ones that would binge series. Then it became something office clerks and soccer moms did.

Attached: 1566644288850.jpg (1440x1080, 374K)

>Just look at the line up of shows you will have access to
Why do they look so bad disneybros?

Too bad I'm an animechad, so I already have a weekly discussion topic and shan't be giving disney my time or money.

I remember binge watching anime as a neet between college semesters and during college. Only losers without a normal social life would binge shows like that. Now everyone does because corporate America said it was the thing to do. I could almost swear they stole the idea from the otaku subculture.

Attached: 1562736676784.jpg (1520x1080, 204K)

I can't wait for marvel cancer stage 4

Attached: WOKEMCU2.jpg (561x1176, 119K)

>a welcome break from stress-binging(((?)))
fuck this gay earth

I could at least understand depression binging. Just vegging out and losing yourself in media.

>stress-bingeing
>stress
pathetic fucking faggots
reminds me of you OP

same here
I miss it
excuse me

Attached: 1495600343455.webm (1600x900, 2.95M)

Attached: 1566066226642.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

but black is the absence of color...

>and shes stronger than superman
>and she can fly
>and she can punch so hard universes and stars are spontaneously created
zzzZZZzzzZZZZ

No, black is every color together. user, c'mon.

No it's completely wrong. NEETs currently wait for weekly shows to finish their seasons before watching them in a marathon.

white is every color, you dumb nigger

>Neets need
Based Sneed is a NEET.

I wish I'd done it. I made the mistake of leaving Yea Forums for months to avoid spoilers, really dumb.

Attached: lp.jpg (720x485, 27K)

All there original content with the exception of Mandaloran is being made by hardcore intersectional weirdos. All they had to do was attract people before switching to woke after they got there foot in the door. They just keep fucking up.

Weekly is indeed better, but Disney can suck my dick with their slew of children's cartoons and capeshit.

You did the smart thing. Damn Eddie Vedder spoiled the whole thing only a few episodes in. Everyone found out what happened once that news got out.

Netflix/Downloading ruined me. I can't watch a tv-series one episode at a time anymore. And I'm not even sure what "stress-bingeing" is. I watch content to relax, it is the opposite of stressful.

I'm sure I'll sign up for D+ at some point in the future. But I'm not going to subscribe 12 to 24 week to watch content I could finish in 4 weeks.

>And I'm not even sure what "stress-bingeing" is.
a thing invented by disney to pretend that giving you the content you pay for upfront is a bad thing

binge eating > binge watching lol

Attached: david lenchh.png (640x443, 254K)

david binge lol

So it's CABLE TV 2.0. It's just a fucking tv channel than, but on the internet. Normies thought Disney was gonna let them just cut the cord. lol

Attached: 1555036118908.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

>Thinking Disney + will underperform
Do not underestimate the Mouse. Also, every Disney movie will be on there. So expect people who are parents to stay subscribed

Attached: 9F6B5CD5-096E-481B-8A6B-82DCD335DFE6.png (659x1280, 622K)

noticed this too, can't disagree. as much as I wait waiting the comfy threads make it all worth it. chernobyl, got, bcs, etc

shut up you AIDS ridden black ugly mutt disney dick sucker. YOU should kill yourself, you're a fucking glowing abomination. you don't have a fucking SOUL faggot! hahaha

>this entire thread
>omg I love weekly shows! think of all the theory crafting and epic generals we can have and tripfag and suck eachothers dicks and run memes into the ground this is so epic!!!!!!

Attached: 1566965142109.jpg (594x582, 55K)

The only tv I watch is PBS' Saturday Night Cinema or Svengoolie. Part of the fun is having to tune in and see what they offer. Being able to watch anything, anytime, I tend to just replay stuff, ignoring things I would normally never watch. But in the past, I have found many new favorites that way.

Attached: 1566531974715.jpg (640x480, 39K)

>for me, it's Marvel's stupendous action filled romps that I can later tweet about. I just heard there's a good app called "reddit" that's pretty choice

Attached: 1538844282741.jpg (640x640, 31K)

>start watching Star Trek TNG on January 1st
>January 15 they announce TNG will be out the service fom February 1st
>I'm at season 2, episode 3
>have now to binge 5 seasons in two weeks
Non-fixed catalogue = no subscription.

>and suck eachothers dicks
Only good part and only when it's offline desu.

Releasing an episode daily would work best.
>no pressure to binge
>don't have to worry about spoilers
>easily manageable
>can still watch a whole season within the month
give me 1 reason why this isn't superior to both.

Attached: 1542955032511.jpg (2490x1400, 589K)

I actually prefer weekly episodes, they're doing the right thing.
I won't pay for disney+ out of principle though, the mouse can go fuck itself

>we're limiting your options, and here's why that's a good thing

Attached: 1555344777938.png (554x496, 19K)

>corporate america said so
Who the fuck do you think started weekly episodes?

>stress-bingeing

Attached: a5j5G0w.gif (320x240, 2.66M)

What about Zorro?

the best show in Netflix is terrace house and it's released weekly

but you can make the structure, what you have is anxiety.

Netflix's model is fucking awful. All episodes at once, wow, how fun. Tell me all those great discussions about Stranger Things you had in real life with people.

My close friend and I were looking forward to ST S3, bringing it up every few weeks to just hype about. Then it came out and guess what? We spoke about it like two times ever briefly. That's it.

Netflix is literally an anti-hype machine. It will become more glaringly obvious over the years when something needs to fill the vacuum GoT left

I've been saying this for a while. The best example I can think of is Jessica Jones Season 1 and Arrow Season 2.
Jessica Jones introduced Kilgrave in episode 4 of 13 and about 8 hours later he was dead. Arrow revealed that Slade was the bad guy in episode 12 of 22 and three months later he was beaten.

Now if you were watching Arrow you had three months of stories, conversations, fan theories and time to process the entire show as it went on. If you were watching Jessica Jones you had an afternoon.
With one model you have a nice hype and tension build-up over a long period that gets you excited for the ending, with the Netflix model you are actually kind of tired at the end because you've just watched 13 hours to TV and the next episode is at least a year away.

Also if you're watching Netflix shows you're always having to stop before discussing them because some people haven't watched the whole thing and you don't want to spoil it for them, which also limits discussion on Facebook and other social media platforms.

People here are already salivating over Wandavision. Get ready.

kek imagine shilling your streaming by trying to act like a fellow 4channeler

Attached: 1564258042580.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

Agreed. I cant talk shit to my coworkers on a weekly basis about a show that someone can finish in two nights. Weekly episodes keep communication alive.

disneys desperate

Based Disney.

>All episodes
Netflix cuts some seasons up into bits so episodes are spread out more.

Never use Jessica Jones as an example of anything ever again.

>if you were watching Arrow you had three months of stories, conversations, fan theories and time to process the entire show as it went on. If you were watching Jessica Jones you had an afternoon.
What's your defense of movies then? Are movies worthless to watch since they wrap up everything in an hour and a half?

This.
Imagine a buying an art piece as a puzzle box with 100 pieces, but after putting 10 in you turn around for a second and 90 other pieces have been connected. Should’ve just bought a poster of the art at that point

>reddit spacing

>All neets
>"I like binge watching"
>Shills
>"No you dont also buy this product"

Just lmao....just... lmao

>Disney + Pixar
Kid animated shit I saw years ago
>Marvel
Formulaic superhero movies
>Star Wars
Some of the movies are cool, but fucking the pozzed up new ones
>Nat GEO
Nature and animal shit? I get that for free on youtube!

Anyone else started browsing /pol/ after The Last Jedi? If Disney wanted to indoctrinate the newest generation they only ended up redpilling us.

Attached: 1564334828705.jpg (813x768, 129K)

>What's your defense of movies then? Are movies worthless to watch since they wrap up everything in an hour and a half?

No. Because they're over in an hour and a half not 12-15 hours and they tell one main story with a strong focus while a TV series tells multiple stories, stand-alone stories, with different themes and focuses.
The Netflix model creates a blurry mess of a season where no individual episode ever stands out because they almost all look the same and the writing is done as one big giant plotline to ensure that the viewer keeps pressing "Next" at the end of each episode.

TV and episodic content is strongest when it embraces its own flexibility to tell lots of different stories but in a structure that saves time in establishing the setting(characters, themes, histories).

Imagine if in 2008 Marvel had released all of Phase 1, 2 and 3 on the same day as they released the first Iron Man movie.

>themes
stopped reading there lmao

Well aren't you the kind of stuck up faggot who'd fuck another man in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach around.

Why are there so many Disney shills here?

No one wants your sjw infested movies. Fuck off.

>not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach around.
Despicable desu.

this only works be with HBO-tier quality shows, and disney is going to put out sub par budget shows that this will fail tremendously with because people will lose interest by week 2 or 3

Yeah why does it have to be weekly? Why not twice a week? Every Monday and Thursday? Or why not 2 at a time?

Its always weekly or all at once, why not something else?

Torchwood season 3(Children of Earth) was only five episodes long and aired over a single week every night Monday-Friday.

The plot was set over the course of a week and each episode was mostly set over the course of a single day(give or take) and because of this limitation they ratcheted up the tension really well as each day things got more dire for the main characters as they tried to save the world.

So as a model it can work. I'd probably argue for four weeks, Monday-Friday(or probably better Sunday-Thursday as less people watch TV on Friday). Twenty episodes and try to aim for four-five episode arcs with maybe the start of the week being more stand-alone stuff to give people room to breath and introduce new viewers to the characters.

good points. 2 episodes a week is better than 1, and you can still have that weekly discussion just with a bit more. wouldnt mind multiple a week either, maybe mon/wed/fri or something.

Agree. With the way we consume things nowadays once a week is just too little. But I'd argue all at once is too much. Something in the middle would be best.

Like you said, lets say its a 20 episode Trek show, or a 20 episode sitcom, 1 a day Mon-Fri for 4 weeks. Rinse and repeat every 12 months. Seems based to me.

why would a neet even pay for a shitty service like that instead of torrenting the shows/movies for free?

Too late fags, you can't come back from this hole you dug yourself. You'll never get my money. Star Wars is dead now.

So now I have to either A. continue to pay for it monthly just so I can watch the episodes or B. wait for them all to be released and binge them months later what a great deal

Can't do that if you want to make small talk with your coworkers so they don't think you're That Guy.

nope

Oh boy, can't wait for this board to be clogged with threads about Disney + shows every week!

Yeah. And now they're changing the gameplan, declaring a new norm.

>stress-bingeing

I fucking hate women so much.

Attached: 1548591331425.jpg (260x384, 27K)

As a consumer I want more bang for my buck, not rationalizations for corporate greed. Some series can be ran weekly but most are a journey that can be best experienced with a binge.

Weekly episode is to reduce people using the services for just a month to watch a single show and then cancel.
Disney just practicing Jewish tricks.

I've never understood the all-at-once show release form.
I have not bothered to look up some article or video which could potentially shed some light upon this matter, nor bother to read any of the posts in this thread.
I don't care enough to learn something about this and my ignorance is my own fault and choice.
That's all I've come to express.

>only interested in one show
>lmao keep paying the monthly fee to keep up, cuck
Yeah nah pirate time

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-225922~01~01.jpg (453x534, 36K)

Can't wait for this

Attached: 1565123354777.jpg (880x880, 129K)