My professor has offered me to write a doctors thesis in film studies with him as a phd student...

My professor has offered me to write a doctors thesis in film studies with him as a phd student. Should I do it Yea Forums?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-07-25-at-10.30.26-AM.png (780x493, 328K)

Is that a metaphor for butt sex in academia?

No, it’s about transparency in gaming journalism.

No. I wrote my MA thesis with him and he said he sees potential in me and would support me if I want to do a thesis in film studies

The way you wrote that makes me think you aren't cut out for writing.

I'm not a native English speaker, I actually like to write about film I just don't like to read books

You should do it with a dog

>a doctor
>of film

What a waste of a life.

i wish kstew was my gf

Attached: 4.webm (1280x694, 2.73M)

I wish Kstew still looked like that

Fuck yeah, bro, are you kidding? Just do your thesis on a subject YOU want to explore, not something related to your professor's investigation needs or career path. And stay away of intersectionality, diversity, gender, representation bullshit. Study cinema, not current politics.

congrats, I just got my 11th film role as the cuck who is jerking off his little cock while he watches his girlfriend get fucked by black guy.

Yeah, write about Tarantinos foot fetish and how Thanos was right.

Seriously, KILL YOURSELF YOU RETARD

No one in my department is focusing on that. They are big fans of genre theories and inane linguistic definitions. Also lots of Gilles Deleuze, I like him though.

Attached: 1561885041893.jpg (2000x3000, 749K)

You're gonna want to learn english more better before you start, seeing as english is the language of cinema.

She was so perfect, it hurts, please stop

Attached: 1561688557369.webm (1280x720, 325K)

As long as you understand that he expects you to write the whole thing and he puts his name first.
If you're trying to get a doctorate the the more you publish the better.

The language of cinema is French.

Please, it hurts

Yes because what the world really needs are more lawyers

Attached: come here anon.webm (1000x800, 2.98M)

What was your Masters on? And what are you realistically trying to achieve? There's no point wasting time on a PhD if you can find work now.

Stoooooooooppppp

This lmao just go to films

>more better
kek

I compared monumental epics from the 1930s and how they use motifs of Roman literature and visual representation

I'm not trying to achieve anything, just want to research on a big topic and get a PhD. I already work

>write a doctors thesis in film studies as a phd student
what the fuck

Attached: 1528436877949.webm (1334x720, 2.95M)

You might as well write a thesis about paint drying. Heres your paper: The spectacle is dead. The art was just a costume. I welcome death as a friend

pattinson that lucky bastard

Why? You never read anything on film theory? Start with David Bordwell desu

what line of work are you in, as a person with an MA and prospective PhD in film studies?

>PhD in film studies

Attached: tenor.png (360x346, 142K)

Yes but on the condition he writes about Avatar.

You say this like it's some kind of treat and you aren't being scammed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

>I'm not trying to achieve anything, just want to research on a big topic and get a PhD. I already work

I'm guessing either Starbucks or Daddy's company, whether Daddy be your actual dad or the rich guy you suck off.

Imagine paying thousands of dollars in order to be trained to "analyze" the paper wrapper that a hamburger comes wrapped in. You make me fucking sick. I want to enslave you.

kek well I don't live in America so I never paid a single cent for my education.

I work in marketing

He sees potential in your tight little butthole tbqh.

Her feet are absolutely supreme. I've never seen anything like them. Most men would rather lick those than ice cream.

Attached: 1441835733449.jpg (2362x3543, 1.6M)

My mouth is literally watering

Attached: 1463088884011.jpg (2400x3600, 1.11M)

>asking Yea Forums for advice on a career in academia

You realize most of these cretins never even finished high school, right? They don’t know anything about actually pursuing a doctoral degree. Even if they actually do, you don’t know who’s larping and who is it. You could end up taking advice from a head chef at Wendy’s (who makes $300k/year).

Go with your gut. Do you like your research? Do you have a good relationship with this professor? Do you want to pursue a career in academia? Do it if the answer is yes.

No but it does need more real doctors.

A PhD in film is fucking worthless dude. Film is barely an artform right now, its just an entertaining product meant to be sold. Its like dedicating your life to the art of hamburgers.

Academia is worthless unless you want to teach or unless your field can directly relate to actual influence in the world such as in behavioral sciences like social work or psychology/therapy. Otherwise your stuck in a niche circle jerk that doesn't extend to anything real.

user, the only thing you need to get a doctorate is the willingness to spend your life and a fuckton of money going to school
Secondly, colleges are done.
There's going to be one of two things that will happen within the next ten-twenty years.
Either colleges will collapse or colleges will start to change the culture.

This honestly
If you want to write about film just fucking do it wtf is the point of doing it within the context of academia?

to be fair if you want to write professionally i imagine having a phd on your resume is pretty good for getting a job

You think any movie critics on websites, magazines, journals and YouTube have phd's? Any dumb fuck can write or talk about a movie and people will listen. Doesn't take years of schooling to do. You can dedicate that time to something, idk, real. Its like getting a degree in ASMR.