Saigon, shit

Saigon, shit...

Attached: Martin-Sheen-in-Apocalypse-Now.png (618x412, 389K)

Watched the Final Cut and it would be perfect if the part with the Frenchies was cut. Pacing gets too slow.

>says how he likes being in the jungle
>complains
hmm

He didn't complain at all once they were in the jungle.

Attached: 1345766546753.jpg (620x348, 51K)

>Pacing gets too slow

Attached: 1564717007089.png (211x239, 74K)

Vietnam, fucking shits...

Attached: VFS.jpg (250x321, 14K)

Vietnam movies are so much more kino than WW2 movies.

How come?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-18-00h25m33s737.png (1280x720, 878K)

WW2 movies are basic good guys vs bad guys, in Vietnam movies everyone is doing sketchy shit

OwO

>communists
>less clear villains than Nazis

Attached: 1566334105283.png (360x474, 125K)

It was a deeply fucked up conflict, a war that was unnecessarily forced, and then artificially prolonged to send the unwillingly drafted youth to their death, just to benefit the military industrial complex, all the while exposing said youth to even more horrific kinds of warfare than WW2 plus shitloads of drugs.

>muh ebil commies
>commies literally didn't even once attack the western powers once during the cold war
200% boomer

the gooks weren't really ideological commies though, they were nationalists that just wanted foreigners to fuck off out their country though, & if that meant accepting material support from the enemy of their enemy...
that's what the whole French plantation scene was about.

kek

right they only attacked our eastern allies. fuck me right. cause they ain't white

>made up bullshit: the post

Americans lost the war so the movies are all about tragedies

>the myth of north korea invading south korea

Yeah, Korea and Vietnam and China and Afghanistan don't matter lmao.

>south korea dindu nuffin eh was a good boy

>conveniently get on the side of the attacked in every unrelated conflict during the cold war
>OUR ALLIES WERE BEING ATTACKED REEEEEEEEE
lmaoing@u

This post ruined this thread.

Attached: 1566860023562.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

I need more "descent into Hell" movies bros

If you're into video games, you could play Spec Ops: The Line.
But you probably already did.

Attached: maxresdefault-3-800x500[1].jpg (800x500, 83K)

Vietnam was the coolest looking war. Helicopter assaults , Jet Planes , Napalm , B52 carpet bombing , New Rifles that looked like they were designed for a sci-fi movie. And most of the footage was in color. Also the objective was not clear it was just kill the commies , not take territory or liberate anything so it seems like a pointless sisyphean exercise from the start.

Attached: 38006-1552794390-1899334290.jpg (600x337, 36K)

Attached: 1540005642839.jpg (565x311, 27K)

>south korea dindu nuffin eh was a good boy
The north invaded. Explain how that was justified faggot.

Mah nigga

Best iconography and music.

not that guy but the problem isn't the pacing, the problem is the story comes to a standstill for the movie to make philosophical declarations about the Vietnam War. The part where they fuck the playboy bunnies for fuel was perfect tho

All this shit to realize the original theatrical cut was the best.

What is exactly cut from the final cut? Redux version is 15 mins longer.

how come a 3 hour movie is so rewatchable bros

>In my platoon we had a name for the queer brothels in Saigan. We called them the Cu Chi Tunnels, because GIs who fall down Charlie's damp hole never come home to their wives

Because the south was occupied by imperialist foreigners.

What other movies use just smoke effects to make the setting feel hazy and surreal like in Apocalypse Now?
Coppola's method is really interesting and I dont know if I see it very often at all, at least done well

Attached: Apocalypse-Now-326.jpg (1015x503, 134K)

Reading Heart of Darkness right now. The Vietnam war makes it better.

check your post

That wasn't my post.

>missing the point this badly
Even if you'd be right (which you aren't), Vietnam is less remembered for the communism vs capitalism aspect and more about the US interventionism/reasoning for war/bombing civilians aspect
It was pretty much a lost cause since the French fucked off, yet the US intervened anyway (to no avail at all).
Moreover shit was a hell of a lot more crazy and a hell of a lot less glorious, which I guess fitted in with late 20th century pessimism.

>What other movies use just smoke effects to make the setting feel hazy and surreal like in Apocalypse Now?
The Mist.

Shoulda actually got Jimi Hendrix for the shootout in the dark

Attached: 64C5A88A-F0E5-48B4-B48E-78C3AA008051.jpg (1695x2542, 938K)

>throws u gulag
Heh nothin' personnel comrade

why attack that argument?

>no credits sequence at all
kino

No glory or honor, just hell.

what are you doing, nigger? never get out of the boat.

Just jumping on the discussion.
The war in Korea was the entire fault of the allies (USA / USSR), saying the Norks were in the wrong doesn't make sense.

i don't think anyone is ever innocent in war

Theatrical is best version

Attached: 1566769599172.jpg (1039x780, 142K)