Help an American understand the “big” premier league teams

So it seems like these are generally considered to be the “big six” teams even though Tottenham has never even won anything. What are the basics about each of them? I think I know a little bit, am I right or wrong?

> City
Plastic team with no history but dominant in the league with pep at the helm but not won a champions league, have unlimited money and will continue to dominate and win a UCL soon likely

> Liverpool
Most popular in uk, lots of fans in USA too, well coached and well run, best at getting good transfers and a lot of history and club legends, second most successful behind United historically, little behind city but may win a second champions league in 4 years soon

> United
Biggest team overall, best club legends, best history, will always be relevant but in a slump now even now though they had a few 2nd place finishes in the league and a Europa league title recently, spend a ton of money but for some reason every single singing is a flop or idiot

> Arsenal
Dunno much but they seem really popular and have a loyal following and are remembered for the “invincibles” team but not really won anything important in a long time, they get crushed in Europe and Henry is best player ever in the prem?

> Chelsea
Russian money laundering operation, were extremely dominant with Mourinho and won a UCL and somehow again won a champions league last year?

> Tottenham
Meme club that got lucky to have Son, Eriksen, and Kane at the same time and will probably never win a league title or UCL.

Attached: 094F0E9C-A650-480F-AD26-2887396DA553.jpg (1296x729, 285.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ar6Gno8uU8I&t=325s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nicholson_(footballer)
youtu.be/gnYjI17lPso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pick depending on the owner
>arabs
>yanks and jews
>jews
>yank
>russian jew
>jew

Dude it’s all bullshit. There is no big six, just like there’s no big four in US sports. Easiest way to spot a mid wit who doesn’t know what he’s talking about

City - Atlético-MG
Liverpool -Flamengo
United - São Paulo
Arsenal - Santos
Chelsea - Palmeiras
Tottenham - Corinthians

>Arsenal
Used to play the best football in the league....which later became a meme as the long term 20 years+ manager refused to adapt to change and kept buying attacking midfielders and a possession based style even as more violent teams figured them out by repeatedly hitting them on the counter and set pieces

>Chelsea
Always competitive even when you count them out. I remember feeling sorry for their decline in 2012 and then they won the fucking CL

I remember thinking no chance and then they won the league in 2017 after finishing 10th or something in 2016

Same for last year's CL

>Spurs
Don't get the appeal nowadays. Used to like them as an unlucky underdog always screwed over by Arsenal but with kino players like Van der vaart, Bale and Modric

Now they're very meh.

>United Europa league title recently
No. They won in 2017. It will be 5 years since a trophy next season. United haven't been this bad since the 80s

>Liverpool most popular in the UK
Nope. That's United

It’s not comparable to American sports at all because we have the draft and a salary cap

Since 1995 no team besides City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, or United ever won the league, except one time when Leicester pulled off the most unlikely upset in sports history

Also for the next 25 years I doubt any team outside those 5 will win a league title

It’s even worse in Spain (3 team league) or Germany (1 team league)

Liverpool and United are the main 2 teams with the most trophies, history, and fanbases
Chelsea / City are the new money teams who only really started winning trophies in the mid-2000’s
(English League football started in 1888)
Arsenal are the biggest team in London, both in terms of trophies and fanbase
Tottenham are irrelevant.
(and are the Jewish team of England)

Chelsea won the league once and the fa cup multiple times before abramovic, stop pushing this zoomer narrative that they were some small team. They finished mostly around 4th and comparably were better before the money than Tottenham are now (chelsea have always won trophies, Tottenham win fuck all)

>Tottenham are irrelevant.
Why does the media push them as part of the big 6? Also popularity wise there’s a massive gap between them and 7th (Leicester I think?) is this recent or what?

Should we include Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest as big teams as well?
The fact is that it’s only Man United and Liverpool who have constantly won things for over a 100 years

>Help an American
Shan't

>Why does the media push them as part of the big 6?

See “(and are the Jewish team of England)”

Please reread what I wrote

Wolves won the league 3 times and the FA cup 4 times which is more than Chelsea did pre-2007
Does that mean Wolves are a big club lol

Citeh = success customers with no history and legends
Chelski = success customers with no history and legends
United = lots of real success and legends
Liverpool = lots of success and legends
Arsenal = some success and legends
Spuds = always been applying pressure for the other 5

first post ive seen that takes up my entire screen on my new phone congrats

Attached: 3410_MSJA_SG_20160509_036.jpg (1200x630, 56.43K)

Yeah wolves are a relatively big club, the big 6 is meaningless is more my point. Tottenham should be nowhere near there, west ham are a bigger club than Tottenham

>Arsenal
>but not really won anything important in a long time

Excuse me, the FA Cup is important and 4 of them within the last 8 years especially so.

Attached: 1433087689819.jpg (2048x1348, 1.47M)

> Liverpool
Terrible "Ultra" fans, Search for "Heysel tragedy"
They had best seasons in 70s to 80s, but fans think that they were legendary.

>Arsenal
The only team with "invicible" record for one season (undefeated). Completely useless in Europe. Most fans are Africans now.

>Tottenham
Very strong link to jewish fans.
Alwways refuse to buy very expensive players or sell their stars at market price or lower.
More interested in financial stabiliry.

>Chelsea
Using money from ex gazcom profiteering by the owner. However, he is genuinely interested in football unlike other most owners and pouring money to get result.

>United
Was good under Alex Ferguson as coach.
But now, the current squad is full of mercenaries
Still the most family-friendly environment for matchday. Very commercial.

City
Financial superpower using oil money.
smallest fanbase
Now is the strongest squad in premier league, also with much younger age compared to Liverpool

Newcastle about splurge as much money as possible. They tried it before in the 90s but fell short after being beating for the title after leading by a big margin. Liverpool beat them in what for years was seen as the best game ever, ironically helping United to win the title. They fell to shite after that. Think I would support them if I had no team.

You forgot the bit where they're all plastic husks of a club propped up by African, Indian and Muslim fans

They all lack SOVL and thier owners would move the teams to another, more profitable country if possible.

Yep pretty much. The "top 6" just means teams that have qualified for the champions league a few times. It used to be the top 4, when united, arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool, seemed invulnerable in claiming their champions league spots, so calling them the top 4 made sense. Things got a little more complicated when City got bankrolled and coincidentally spurs hit a successful patch, and now 6 teams were the top 4, competing for the champions league spots. That's all that separates them, in recent times, and possibly in the future, spurs, united, and arsenal can finish in the top 4, where as your West ham's, Leicester's, Wolves, always seem to fall short.

It's a bit more complex, Liverpool's current form is thanks to City, Bayern and PSG because they (and liverpool) suck players and leave the others with nothing
"Arsenal" wasn't crushed in Europe, Bergkamp was afraid of planes.

Villa, yes. They had a rough 2010s but they're historically one of England's most successful clubs and have very large fanbase in and around a massive city.

Forest, probably not. Good old club but really only known for that great streak they had during Clough's tenure.

>> City
>Plastic team with no history
you fat cunt
>City win FA Cup decades before the likes of Liverpool
>win league title as far back as 1930s
>still have the highest league attendance for a domestic game in their home stadium
>had 30k fans through the gate when they got relegated to what is now league one (the third tier of english football)
>get reduced to a halfwit's obese opinion
maybe look past the memes for once in your stupid life

Attached: maine road.jpg (2000x1338, 304.28K)

This may be true but these days they don’t even sell out their away allocation to champions league games lol, by far the least supported team of the “big 6”, there’s probably about 20k proper city fans and the rest are plastic, similar to chelsea but chelsea have about 40k proper fans

youtube.com/watch?v=ar6Gno8uU8I&t=325s

Now there's only Big Two. In a few years will be only Big One.

sadly the case
everything becomes a monopoly when you throw enough time and money at it

the only way you can determine what a "big team" is, is if such a team was deserted by its owners and demoted a bunch of leagues, which would retain "relevancy", and without question rise back to the top.

Only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal could do this. A somewhat distant 4th would be Tottenham.

Arsenal and City can just about be considered "big" due to past and recent successes respectively, but Tottenham is just realistically not a big club.

If you're gonna have Villa in there, might as well have Everton too even though they've been a shambles lately

Yeah, they'd certainly qualify. Every team has rough patches and time in lower divisions throughout their long histories, it's one of the interesting things about football frankly. The whole "Sky 6" thing is grotesque.

The Scottish Premiership will finally become more competitive than the Premier League.

My dad is a Tottenham fan but he’s a boomer from Northern Ireland so I’m assuming that he’s a spurs fan because spurs don’t have sectarian ties to either Catholics or Protestants because they’re traditionally Jewish or they were really good in the 60s and 70s

>City
Soul club of perennial losers who annoy the fuck out of united and liverpool bandwagoners
>Liverpool
Fanbase of utter scum (scousers and plastics) who think they are better than they are. Responsible for 100s of deaths. Doped to the tits since Klopp arrived.
>United
Literal cancer. Created the age of corporate football. Everything wrong with the modern game is their fault. Bought out refs left and right during their era of dominance. Comparatively shit in europe.
>Arsenal
Barely English. Euro chokers. Nogs love them because they played lots of nogs back in the day. Banter FC since 2006.
>Chelsea
Traditional fanbase. Deserve their modern success. History of strong mind players like Terry, lamps, and Drogba.
>Spuds
Spuds

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nicholson_(footballer)

Spurs were fashionable in the late 70s early 80s. Maybe to do with that.
youtu.be/gnYjI17lPso

City are the only team with just Local support.

The other teams are all foreigner bandwagon Plastics.
Imagine having the smallest group of your support been the ones that live here. Disgusting

Very cool graphic. Thank you.

QRD: Liverpool are the best

Attached: 1652204692243.jpg (1080x1080, 922.27K)

It is very cool and frankly I think it deserves more (you)s

>Question for EPL snarties
Were there any sexy teams in the last 40 years and truly fell to the shits and and are now a joke team and how did it happen

big 6 is more about finances of the club than how big they are

> City
plastic
> Liverpool
plastic
> United
plastic
> Arsenal
plastic
> Chelsea
plastic
> Tottenham
plastic

Attached: Consider_it.jpg (718x718, 69.18K)

>The only team with "invicible" record for one season (undefeated).
wrong, preston north end also did it.

So how do we rate Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester, West Ham and Aston Villa?

They're called the Big 6 because they are the most marketable, i.e sell the most shirts, and can spend the most money but most importantly all have the ability to have prolonged success. Which is to say that pretty much every team in the EPL can spend 10s of millions of pounds on players but these 6 teams will almost certainly dominate year in year out, through either their pedigree or referee intervention or both.
One of the real reasons for their name is that European spots currently have about 6 places, and European qualification is a big deal after most drop out of the title race.
So (I'm an Aussie but I've been here long enough to understand) I'll break it down for you:
>City
Money club that jumped on the bandwagon right before the EPL took off, have legitimate history but nothing remotely close to their "rivals", United, who have only recently considered them a real threat
>Liverpool
Very successful with lots of history, had a recent period where they were mocked but they are one of the handful of English teams to have domestic and European pedigree, Liverpool is apparently a shithole
>United
Basically Liverpool in terms of winning but their early 21st century coach Sir Alex dominated in a time where the EPL was starting to gain real traction internationally, which is why Pajeets love them
>Chelsea
Basically City before City, no real history, gained a lot of history real quick with big spending
>Arsenal
Shit tons of history without the same European pedigree as Liverpool due to being ratfucked by UEFA's love of Barcelona, play attractive football
>Spurs
A surprising amount of history (at one point they had the mot FA Cups) but are now losers who exist to be Arsenal's foils, haven't won anything in 20 years or something like that and everybody generally likes that they can't really compete, they're also Jewish and big in America

the mid 6

Who is the other member? Wolves? Before this year it would have been Everton right?

I get you mean 'the next big 6' but those clubs aren't really representative of that. Been a dire season for them but it would be Everton in Leeds' place and probably Wolves in Newcastle's.

>Everton
>Villa
>Newcastle
>Sunderland
>Blackbrun
>Wolves
six clubs who were bigger names than Spurs and CIty less than 15 years ago

If you are counting wolves then you have to count spurs boomer fa cups and Europa leagues

It used to be big 4 United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Then City got money and aground same time Spurs out a decent team together and got into Champions League. The gap widened between the other 14 and big 6 just stuck.

Leeds were one of the best teams in the country in the 60s/70s and won the league in 92 before it became the premier league and were top 6 in the late 90’s/early 00’s and made it to the champions league semi in 02 but were run hilariously badly by former chairman Peter Ridsdale and went £100m plus in debt “living the dream” and had to sell all their players, the stadium and the training ground when they didn’t make CL and then got relegated in 04 and went in to administration and then got relegated again and nearly went out of business before being ‘saved’ by former Chelsea owner and massive bell end Ken Bates who bought the club for £1, formed a new company a la rangers and exited administration without a CVA which probably should have got them kicked out of the league but the other clubs voted to reinstate them in league 1 with -15 points. They spent 3 years there before getting promoted and then were mid table championship for several years and the fans turned against bates for not investing in the team and stopped going to games so then then the club was sold to some Italian crack head called Massimo Cellino who hired some bloke no one ever heard of from the non leagues and then sacked him after 6 games and replaced him with some other bloke from Slovenia that no one ever heard of and then sacked him after 6 games too and the team ended being managed by the youth coach and they continued to be lower mid table in the championship before cellino was banned from running the club by the FA for being a crook and he sold to the current owner who bought back the stadium and training ground and invested a bit in players but the team continued to be shit and finish mid table until they hired Bielsa who transformed the club through the power of autism and then fans came back and they got promoted back to the PL finally after 16 years but now he’s been sacked and they are heading back to being a shit championship team again

chelsea have literally never been a big club in their entire history until abramovich

80s Everton and 90s Newcastle mainly.
If you're talking fallen out the premier league then maybe Ipswich under Bobby Robson or something.

Before that it was big 4 Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle.
And before that it was big 5 Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham.
Plus in the early 90s it was a genuine toss up with Villa and Leeds being about as good as anyone, Norwich finishing 3rd and then Blackburn having a brief reign.

>City
garbage ass team
>Liverpool
PARK PARK WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, YOU EAT DOGS IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY, COULD BE WORSE, COULD BE SCOUSE, EATING RATS IN YOUR COUNCIL HOUSE
>United
Based team, kinda shit these days
>Arsenal
Has world record for most jerseys sold to poor african kids, they're more of a jersey selling company than an actual football team
>Chelsea
No history
>Tottenham
It's alri

Chelsea were the most supported team in the country from their founding in 1905 up until about the 1930s, they were the first team in England to average over 40k attendance when teams like Arsenal and Spurs were pulling in around 10k. Then Arsenal moved to billionaire Islington and become known as "the bank of england" and won a shit ton of trophies. It's all swings and roundabouts.