Terminator 1

>Terminator 1
>The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his inhumanity

>Terminator 2
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses at night to look "cool"

Attached: 1458314945571.jpg (960x1417, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/james-cameron-came-up-terminator-during-dream-2015-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cool evolution considering the second one is sent back to protect humanity and gains a bit of sentience along the way.

he copies a bikers look in t2, and the glasses also hide his inhuman gaze

>Cool evolution

*Cringe evolution

if you think T1 is the same flavor as T2 you're dumber than you look

T1 was niche sci-fi action thriller
T2 was a big action blockbuster designed to be 'cool'

T2 is a kids movie. 7/10 at best

The first one is a 10/10 scifi thriller

yeah but he's bad to the bone now

T2 deconstructs the terminator. He gets the biker get up in the beginning of the film because that's the cool look the audience expects after the T1 police station shootout.

Once he loses the sunglasses at the hospital, that's when we start to see the terminator learn about humanity.

it's poerty

Cry more zoomer

>Terminator 1
>Ruthless killing machine
>aggressive, unstoppable, and rarely speaks

>Terminator 2
>quipbot

Almost like they're two different characters with one being re-programmed by humans and learning human emotions while fighting off a ruthless T-1000.
Why do idiots insist on comparing the T-800's instead of the T-800 from T1 and the T-1000 from T2?

It's almost like one is fucking trash

If you think either of these movies are trash then you need to return to reddit.

Who won the poll yesterday?

Cameron is the biggest hack of all time. He has never once in his career had an original thought.

Terminator - Plagiarized from a novella.
Terminator 2 - Terminator with more explosions
Aliens - Alien with more explosions.
Titanic - Literally just history.

If you actually think T2 is good, especially compared to T1, then it's YOU that needs to go back

>852 days until pure Cameron kino

Wait, did the number go up?

>taking inspiration from tales of old is a bad thing
>history is a bad thing
Imagine being this retarded

It got DISNEY'd

t. Michael BANE?

>Terminator 1
>atmospheric bone chilling slow burn with zero jump scares and le cyberpunk aesthetics - the ultimate soi film

>Terminator 2
>non stop action cinema that teaches the importance of a father figure and the dangers of technology - one of the most respected pieces of art today

>Watch T1 on bluray
>during the famous "I'll be back" scene, you can see through his glasses that the skin is no longer damaged
>He is just wearing sunglasses at night to look "cool"

you need to go back

You realise that T1 is way more in your face, violent, distressing and non-stop than T2 right?

T2 is full of quips and one-liners and set pieces, and is basically a fucking family film by comparison to the ceaseless claustrophobic paranoia of the first film

>claustrophobic paranoia

I ran this through my anagram machine and it came back "bone chilling slow burn." Shocking, right?

>Cherry picking words to obscure meaning
Nothing about T1 is "slow burn", hence CEASELESS

How can something be slow burn and relentless you fucking retard?

This.

So much this.

T1 is the Iron Man of its time and T2 is all of the other MCU flicks designed to push products.

All my life I've looked at T1 as T2 with less bombast. But if I view it as a Blade Runner imitation it makes much more sense.

That's a fucking terrible comparison and makes me hate T1 now

T1

Not him and I probably agree with you more than him but something can absolutely be ceaseless/relentless and also slow burning, if anything I'd say most muh soi burn horrors could also be classified as relentless or ceaseless or whatever you want

pröv

Cameron is so powerless?

The rest of the quote is clearly about how it's not that though

What kind of pseud pretends a very gritty, physical, active action horror with a shitload of chase scenes, a fucking shootout in a police station and a relentless murdering psycho robot from the future is "slow burn"?

It's funny cause the shades he has in the first are cooler than in the second.

>Terminator - Plagiarized from a novella.
2 Outer Limits episodes
If Cameron had not stupidly said so in an interview no one would ever have suspected it

T1 is awful.

Look how hard Alita flopped. Cameron is basically impotent and it's hilarious how this board jerks over him.

Avatar 2 contracts were based on Avatar 1 and Titanic performance thou.

Terminator 2 is a great movie.
Aliens 2 is a great movie.
Rambo 2 is a great movie.
But they are more action-oriented than the first, which means they are different, not that they are bad. I wish sequels would try different things nowadays, instead of THE SAME BUT MORE

Both are good movies. I enjoy both, but 35 years later and 1984's The Terminator is easily the most re-watchable. T2 is slowed down by Futlong's pathetic "acting" job and Arnies quips.

why do the terminators almost look the same but one seems roided out and the other not

How do Marvel babies even know what Terminator is?

>T1 is the iron man of its time

First time on this board I have legitimately been disgusted. Fucking kill yourself.

>T1 is the Iron Man of its time
There's one little difference and that is that Iron Man was a terrible movie.

Your mistake is thinking the two are even in the same genre. T2 is the perfect popcorn action flick.

>I want more movie sequels to deviate from what made the first movie so enjoyable and instead appeal to wider audiences

Attached: 1564604604139.jpg (501x500, 65K)

Wait for the new terminator. It was made for your kind.

>this
>so much this

no one called out this obvious fucking redditor. . Piss off

this

I never understood this boards' autistic hatred of Terminator 2.

It's Yea Forums contrarianism to a fault. Both movies are great, but it's hard to compare them since they're tonally different. Alien and Aliens have the same discourse behind it.

>Terminator
>Never finishes his mission
More like Procrastinator

Am I the only one that thinks T1 was...just..okay?

7/10.

Whereas T2 was definitely an epic, 8.5/10 for me.

T1 was cool even though unoriginal, cool synth soundtrack, animatronics, stop motion, 80's cars on wet streets, lots of kills
T2 is too 90's and tryhard, no real cool kills, John Connor is a Bart Simpson,

This is the same type of argument that Aliens retards make
>so what if it's dumb action and makes the aliens weak as fuck, it's a different genre

you didn't figure it by his spacing?
reddit-nigger

Attached: FUCK YOU 1 RESIZED 1.gif (113x213, 1.11M)

This. I know it's a stupid meme at this point, but the real reason for the sunglasses in T2 is to complete his bike "disguise".

>Forgetting his good movies

Attached: Arnold Intesifies.webm (1280x546, 2.97M)

Please be bait

The Terminator films are as reddit as one can get

>Avatar - Pocahontas in space
Dances with Space Smurfs

fucking keke'd hard at this.

>How can something be slow burn and relentless you fucking retard?

I think it is YOU who is the fucking retard, you fucking retard. The majority of films that are referred to as “slow burns” are called that because they literally are relentless with the mood/atmosphere and never let up, as compared to most shit films that have big setpiece sequences and then long stretches of boring shit in between.

If everything is reddit, nothing is reddit.

Childhood is thinking Terminator 2 and Aliens 2 are the best action movies of all time
Adulthoot is realizing they are only cotton candy dressing to the perfection that T1 and Alien already were

>makes the aliens weak as fuck

You’re comparing the first film that has a group of dumbass fucking truckers fighting an alien to an experienced team of marines with ridiculous firepower fighting more aliens. Of course the marines are going to rip through the majority of them, but that doesn’t mean the aliens are somehow “weaker” as evidenced through the entire film. Are you a fucking idiot?

>>Terminator 2
>>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses at night to look "cool"

Also to hide his red eyes

Attached: EF4A0989-EACB-4581-8340-D4D9A679360D.jpg (1280x688, 59K)

Not everything is reddit. Terminator is though. And you.

>Terminator 3, the Terminator hates fags and stomps on the star glasses

why do people have to sperg out and call the one that isn't their favorite terrible
why can't you just accept that they are two different genres of movies but both are very good examples of their genre and are enjoyable to watch

The best thing about T2 over T1 was how ridiculously strong the T1000 seemed with its regen bullshit.

In T1 the T800 was strong but he was visibly affected small arms fire and you could imagine if you used something big enough like a rocket launcher you could kill him.

In T2 the T1000 felt invincible, and you went the entire movie guessing how they were finally going to beat him.

>Terminator - Plagiarized from a novella.
I thought it was a fever dream?
businessinsider.com/james-cameron-came-up-terminator-during-dream-2015-6

Yeah it's hard for me to pick between the 2 because they are 2 different experiences.

Well said.

Attached: 6dc8e87e8962fc09e25ec23b7f570be4.0.jpg (1200x800, 108K)