Yankees vs blue jays game thread

return of teo edition

Attached: teoscar-hernandez.jpg (620x349, 102.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-yumi-a-dance-club-instructor-who-is-in-hongodai-junior-xn4enf2.fullpage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jaysbros... why do we only get gamethreads when we play the Yankees?

Go Jasy

BASED SPRINGER

im a yankee fan so im only making yankee gamethreads, havent done them for the past few series bc we were playing teams with zero fans like the rangers and royals
nothing stopping you from making your own jays threads its easy and fun

Mayne next week when we don't have competing maple leafs games anymore lol

sevvy settling in! that solo shot won't kill us unless our offense continues to be dead

Can someone explain to me like I'm retarded why Springer is our lead off hitter? He's now tied with Vladdy for HR production, but so many have been lead off solos that I can't help but imagine his improved effectiveness with runners on base. Like put Espinal (#2 in Jays OBP) in the top slot, followed by Springer, Vlad, Teo, etc.
But seriously, tell me if I'm retarded and not seeing the actual strategy here.

Anyone have a stream?

I'm no expert but leadoff hitters are usually speedy. Takes guys like Espinal longer to round the bases.

>eric adams is in the yankees booth and he just talked shit about gleyber's defense
kek
mlb66 dot ir although the home feed is broken tonight

>I can't throw strikes

WEW LAD

it's over

NOW this is peak playoff Severino. BOOT THIS FUCKING MAYOR OFF THE BOOTH.

Can we get this dindu mayor off the broadcast already

According to Statcast, Espinal's average sprint speed is 95.7% of Springer's. That is slower but it's not like he's Kirk. Hell, he literally has more stolen bases/GP this year and last.
And not trying to diss Springer in any way, just think batting second would increase his RBI.

>Marinaccio
It'll be a long night.

Boone setting up the punt

get this mayor out of here jesus fucking christ
why is boone punting with a shit pitcher when we're only down 3 in the 2nd?

Well, the next day-off is May 30th. Also, there's a Jasy game tomorrow, with a decent pitcher.

Finally got the game on
>65 pitches thrown in the first two innings
Holy fuck

Maybe that would be a good idea then. Could be a case of Espinal hitting a lot better this year and they just haven't adjusted their lineup around that yet. There's a lot of considerations around putting a lineup together aside from the leadoff hitter though and they may value Espinal higher later in the order for what he does. Springer seems to be a career leadoff guy too so perhaps he's just better at that and knows how to catch fresh pitchers off guard.

>Severino and Kikuchi both having control issues
What's the opposite of a pitcher's duel? A pitcher's circus?

the bats are dead again

IT'S ONE OF THOSE "GLEYBER SHITS AT DEFENSE" DAYS?
Since Sunday.

>1 hour in
>3rd inning
Jesus Christ

Based Threadmaker

>more shitty balls
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MANFRED

>new balls are pearly white
Already been brought up that it's the home club's responsibility to mud the balls. Some Yankee Stadium wage slave didn't do his job today.

Gausman was bitching about them being inconsistent the other day, like some had fluffier seams or something.

Only took 70 pitches to start playing. Fucking great, Severino.

can't even blame sevy if he keeps it to 3 ER, offense has gotta wake the fuck up

Took the ump's cheque cashing from the looks of it. Strikes called three inches off the plate on either side.
Manoah blamed his control issues the other day on the balls having no traction because they were fresh. When complaints were made to the umps afterwards, they pointed out it was the club's fault.

I get that Severino's thrown a ton of pitches so far, but it feels arbitrary to pull him on a single with two outs.

going batter-to-batter with pitchers and pulling them as soon as they give up a hit is boone's signature move

>even the Jays broadcast admits it wasn't a HBP
>no challenge

Attached: Akko_blanks_on_math.jpg (540x443, 28.67K)

oh thank god at least we're not gonna get no-hit

Attached: stantonian.jpg (1536x1024, 148.72K)

G I A N C A R L O

NON SI PUĂ’ S T O P A R L O

A S T A N T O N I A N HOMERUN

(In the same cadence as Sterling's Stanton HR call)

M A R A R A K O V I T S

MAKES MY C O C K A' T W I T C H

MEREDITH M I L K T R U C K JUST ARRIVE

>home run in 1/30 ballparks

THE ABSOLUTE COLLAPSE OF TORONTO!

PORCHED

Im Yankees fan but these umps r retarded. Also get cucked Toronto fans Lel

Umpiring needs to be automated.

clearly wasnt intentional, bullshit ejection,

Would unironically love to see a team brawl the umps over some bullshit.

>another little league homerun
Sigh.

They're asking for it with ejections like that

Pronlem, blue gays?

Attached: 1646968695468.jpg (617x701, 87.09K)

What the fuck is happening

this game is a fucking clownshow

Heheheh get cucked jews

Attached: 84F11EFB-8822-448E-9E79-E55B3D51F795.jpg (480x480, 30.65K)

UMP CHADS WE'RE STEALING THE SHOW

>umps in Yaks pockets

must be a day ending in "y"

That's unfortunate.

Any jays fans have any idea why jays hitting is so bad compared to last season?

Last year jays were 3rd in runs, 2nd in hits, 2nd in RBIs, 1st in HRs, 2nd in avg, 1st in slg, 4th in obp

This year jays are 20th in runs, 11th in hits, 15th in RBIs, 6th in HRs, 14th in avg, 10th in slg and 21st in obp

lost grichuk/semien, teoscar was injured, other guys slumping, they've been particularly unlucky/bad with risp

Cimber's slow pitches bailing him out jesus

My assumption is because of how the order goes down typically near the eighth or ninth he gets a chance to clutch bat and bring in the guys from the 8th and 9th positions who are decent enough to get on base. You put a guy like Tapia at 8 because he's quick and a decent base stealer, Kirk after him because he can typically get a base hit or a double moving Tapia further. Springer comes in and sends it and either all 3 can score or Tapia can come in and snag that one point we've been relying on to either win or tie the game in the ninth.

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-yumi-a-dance-club-instructor-who-is-in-hongodai-junior-xn4enf2.fullpage

WTF?

nice the leaf's are finna have another 3-2 lead to choke away

If the laffs make it out of round 1 I will eat a hockey puck. Least-likeable Toronto sports franchise.