NOOOOO NOT MY FIFA

NOOOOO NOT MY FIFA.

Attached: E91C86C0-9B32-4594-98D0-28F677E50E23.jpg (1282x1145, 172.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xN0fLiun-bY
youtube.com/watch?v=IB6gjPm1ZuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

let's decide once and for all Yea Forums, what was the best FIFA?

Fifa 17

FIFA 10 was the one that surpassed PES first time

FIFA 09, then FIFA 12

Fifa 97

Lots of soul

Attached: Snap11_1.jpg (640x480, 80.29K)

Thank God. Fuck EA. Hopefully NFL is next

agree big time

99 of course, my funk soul brother

Reminder that FIFA asked for 1.2 billion USD just for the game to be called FIFA. It has nothing to do with player names, likenesses, club names, stadiums, etc. Literally nothing but the name FIFA cost EA 1.2 bil a year.

Awesome, do Madden next

hopefully they lose the nba license next

Madden sold them his name forever in 2005.

Fifa street 2

no one likes ea
fifa is for basedjaks

He is also dead anyway so what's he gon do

Attached: x1080[1].jpg (1920x1080, 161.94K)

Good. It's been the same shit game for 14 years.
2K will buy the license if they don't already have it. I wouldn't be surprised if EA lost it to them by not matching or beating their offer. EA knows how much the game makes so they knew if it was/wasn't worth it.

>NOOOOO NOT MY FIFA.

Attached: soybrappe.jpg (1852x2407, 450.24K)

>which roster update was the best bros?

Attached: 1581531163954.jpg (320x292, 19.49K)

fifa 07

Why would 2k want a useless license?

It's not totally useless, the name FIFA will sell games and they'll want to microtransaction every aspect of the game.

For me, It's Winning eleven 4.

>itt people that do not understand the difference between FIFA and FIFPRO

this, but not because FIFA suddenly became good, PES just became abhorrent and never returned

98WC expansion

Agree

06 or 13

for me, it's fifa 96 for mega drive

Pro Evo 2008

For me, its the one I played with my friends when I was a teenager, when the world was a simpler place, and I still had hope

Attached: D0uzGaSWkAAEgXd.jpg (868x1200, 154.7K)

>EA Sports FC
Can't even think of a good name for a video game. Was EA Sports United already taken?

Attached: sipp.jpg (1000x1000, 90.22K)

ChelsEA

I really loved 10,14,17 and 22

They can't call it EA Football because the yanks would get angry

NFL game is named after a coach
>EA Sports Bald Fraudiola 2022

For me it's ISS Deluxe on SNES.

Because they couldn't get the NFL naming rights?

>nostalgia
Fifa 03
>fun
Fifa 12-15

Fifa 98, unmatched sovl. Simple as.
youtu.be/xN0fLiun-bY

>pes dead
>now this
How weird

12 and 14

Best game? 98 RTWC. Indoor stadium. SOVL at the highest peak

youtube.com/watch?v=IB6gjPm1ZuA

>Best game? 98 RTWC.
end the thread rn

Attached: 1652208357396.jpg (583x388, 160.44K)

>EA Sports FC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1601734123209.jpg (1108x1080, 117.7K)

Based opinion George

>caring about video games in 2022
Pathetic

BASED

Attacking in Fifa 15 was too easy compared to defending. Fifa 12 has a better balance between attacking and defending imo. You could actually win online matches by parking a bus. In 15 scoring as much goals as possible was pretty much the only way to win.

I never understood why they never fhanged their business plan. They should have released a base game, say FIFA 17, and add DLC with new shirt and updated players model for like 20-30 bucks till releasing a «new» fifa, let’s say Fifa 20?
Is that a good idea or i am i just massively retarded?

Attached: 0416EFA8-4439-4E08-BE97-4778B9C66D8F.png (369x342, 162.25K)

you're massively retarded

fifa 13 was the best but 17 was so fun to play though

Will the EA football games have PES-tier names for certain clubs now too?
North London?
Manchester B?

Also, who'll buy the rights for FIFA now?
My money is on Microsoft or Epic Games

but why is it a bad idea though?

nothing changes beyond game title

The series started in a time when it was a more marketable practice to stick a beloved figure’s name on the game rather than the organization, and just continued from there. NFL is still technically in the official title with their license, but everyone just calls it Madden anyway.

I would imagine FIFA not minding selling the naming rights again though
Money talks

because people already pay full price every year for updated shirt models

No the NFL literally wouldn't give them the rights, only the NFLPA would, that's why every madden game up until like 2001 or something has no team names and fake stadiums.

It's not a bad idea, it's what would make most sense, both from a consumer standpoint but also less consuming for developers
However, why sell a 20-30 dollar shirt DLC when you can sell it for 60 dollars if you simply change the number of the game name?
Also, it resets FUT, which is where the real money comes in

It's EA who wanted to stop paying FIFA for the naming rights.

Why not rename it to FUT? This is all people play anyway

Yeh true, but I don't think that changes anything in regards to wether or not FIFA would simply sell it to someone else

EA need to pretend FUT is not that big a deal and just another game mode to regulators.

I mean sure, expect that to happen.

ofc it’s too late to make it that’s why i said that i didn’t understand why they didn’t make the change sooner after fifa 2010
although i forgot about the marginal benefits of fut i think the return you’d be more interesting with the sale of more dlcs and nothing could stop them from making «season» format just like we see with battle royal games because honestly in the age of consumer sobriety and second hand market it doesn’t make a sense to release a copy paste each year

this is nonsense
madden has had real team names since i was 7

Attached: madden-nfl-94-10.png.png (1024x896, 50.54K)

I'm very convinced their current buisiness model nets them the most cash
They made nearly 1,5 billion USD in 2020 on FUT alone

was for
further here's the packaging showing they had nfl license even back then

Attached: Genesis_BACK_MaddenNFL94.jpg (640x902, 183.46K)

Reposting from the other thread on this topic:

>Video games publisher Electronic Arts says it is going to stop making Fifa branded football titles.

>Its EA Sports subdivision made the first Fifa game in 1993 and has been in charge of the franchise ever since.

>It is one of the most profitable brands in gaming history, but the cost of the licence was one reason why the decision was made to ditch the partnership.

>EA will continue to make football video games, but from 2023 they will come under a new banner, EA Sports FC.

>While the gameplay mechanics and core modes of play will be similar to what players have come to expect in recent years, this change will likely see the title offer a broader range of other experiences, beyond just the ability to play.

>Speaking to the BBC, David Jackson, vice president at EA Sports, explained that the studio thinks it's time to move in a different direction in order to build a "brand for the future".

>Although the details of those experiences are vague at the moment, it's fair to assume that being able to watch real-life matches, experience Fortnite style live in-game events and have access to a broader range of branded in-game items are the kind of things EA would like to be able to offer.

there was some hiccup with the n64 games where he was right but i don't remember why i was playstation/genesis chad with sports games