People literally hate it because it's double bladed, aka "Prequel shit"

People literally hate it because it's double bladed, aka "Prequel shit".

Attached: 6879.jpg (1200x800, 46K)

Nah its cause its silly and doesnt do anything for the character or story. It's just more of
>well we need to one-up our last light saber. last one had a light-hand guard, guess we'll make this one like a bendy straw.

i shit on everything posted about star wars because you nerds are annoying about it

The exact saber design has appeared in the Clone Wars and Rebels

Again, it doesn't matter. It could be Palpatine's own saber but if the character doesn't grow or go through an arc or some sort then who gives a shit what the bendy straw saber looks like?

no because of the folding design
shit's going to chop her legs off

Half the hate is because people know full well it amounts to nothing because it's just a vision or some shit, so it's really just there for merch and garner interest that something interesting might actually happen with Rey (when she'll just continue to be a blank unstoppable slate). The other half hate it because they can't wrap their heads around how it works because they didn't watch the extra shit like Clone Wars/Rebels where they'd see it's just a double bladed lightsaber that folds up so it's not as cumbersome on your belt, it's only meant to be used unfolded, and when it unfolds it locks into place.

I won't hate it until she uses it to fly.

God the energy around here is so so far off from how it was in the time of TFA....

It’s so nice.
I don’t even feel a little bit stressed about anything, I’m just coasting along, lurking, seeing some newer fans asking about all the gates, seeing those newer fans getting so excited and being able to enjoy reylo and SW so much more freely without much of the shit we’d been put through in the past. There’s so much more positivity.

TFA era fandom was sucha dark fucking place, god…... we loved it but sometimes it just made you miserable and the only reason most anyone stuck around is because you: 1) weren’t suffering alone. 2) were incredibly stubborn and 3) did it out of spite. XD

But the fandom vibe right now? I feel so at peace, y’all..
I haven’t seen anyone have to call themselves trash or have to justify themselves as a means of self preservation in a long while….

Attached: tumblr_1ae5249832199a72221bdb0a28650d7f_d117f649_640.jpg (640x540, 75K)

This, plus there is precedent for Rey using that fighting style. She grew up using a staff, hence why she carried one in the first movie and was shown to be good with it/trained with it before the movies take place.

>its just a vision or some shit
My theory is palpatine has been using clones and Rey is a clone using Vader's DNA. The red staff saber Rey shown in the trailor is Palpatine's perfected evil clone of Rey.

i didnt hate mauls dagger, but id rather see some exar kun lightsaber shit

Attached: 4767611-9351578122-ExarK.jpg (800x478, 134K)

At least 75% of the adult Star Wars fandom DOES NOT EVEN DESERVE the sequel trilogy, to be honest.

The intricate symbolism, the meaningful imagery, the layers of perfectly laid subtext, the deep thematic coherence with and full circle connection to the previous movies (especially the prequels), the mythological and psychological concepts…either completely lost on or completely unappreciated by the lot of them.

People hate it because it looks desperate and pathetic, which it is

Gonna give me cancer

>There’s so much more positivity.
??? The reaction to this shit has been overwhelmingly negative

wouldn't the way it folds make it really vulnerable? like, a forceful strike to the middle and it will fold itself together again?

and stfu, everyone wanted rey to have a double-bladed saber staff like darth maul when they showed her fighting with her selfmade staff in tfa

Do you like it or do you hate it, please make up your mind...

Attached: prequel shit.jpg (600x709, 42K)

I suspect, if it is anything more than a vision, it can separate into two sabers

I want the trailer, but I don’t want it. The closer we get to December the more anxious I get about what’s going to happen to Kylo Ren. Because I’m tired of Redemption by death. REASSURE ME PLEASE!

I only hate it because its dishonest, everyone knows already it will be a vision/dream/palpatine possession, but her character is and will still be the same cardboard. There's no way the most famous mary sue in recent times turns this way, jj abrahams is not that good of a writer and kathleen kennedy will never allow it.

oh boy, two sabres don't really speak for good fighting scenes, considering how bad they look when it's just one

oh well, at least adam driver nailed it as usual. can't wait to see his scenes on youtube

WTF I LOVE DISNEY NOW

again, the bad rey is a clone made by palpatine. The "big" twist of this trilogy, there is always one in star wars main trilogies. "good" rey is also a clone. That's why her parents are a mystery. It's why she sees millions of repeating images of herself in the vision cave Luke tests her with. She is so powerful because she is made with Vader/Luke's DNA and she learned to use it so quickly because of clone memories. It's the reason she has a connection to Kylo because they are basically siblings from the same bloodline. "good" Rey fights "bad" rey in the final scene.

It folds like an old Nokia, it is retarded.

>t.dumbfuck

I was just in a play. In one scene, many characters are killed onstage, and every time one of them dies, they toss up a handful of red artificial rose petals. Today, at the cast party, our director explained why she decided to use the flower petals instead of fake blood (which she is good at making): the actors needed to not have bloodstains on their costumes for the following scene. I casually mentioned how Rian Johnson made a similar decision for The Last Jedi, using the salt plains of Crait to create great visuals and convey the violence of war without showing blood and carnage. Our director has only seen A New Hope, but other cast members started talking about the movie.

Then came a surprise for me: a fellow cast member said that when she saw The Force Awakens the love story went completely over her head. Naturally I got excited and asked her which characters she was referring to, and sure enough, she said Rey and Kylo! I of course went into fangirl mode and tried to sum up my experience, how I didn’t see it either, but The Last Jedi made me realize their relationship was heading in that direction, and then I went on Tumblr and found out the seeds had been planted in The Force Awakens and people had been analyzing it ever since. My castmate said she had only become aware of Rey and Kylo’s romantic dynamic

Then my best friend spoke up. She is not a big Star Wars fan, but she has become a bigger one since I showed her The Last Jedi a year ago and has happily read Ian Doesher’s Shakespeare parodies of the films. She has been very supportive of my passion for it, and though she initially wasn’t keen on Reylo, she has listened to me talk about Reylo and Bendemption.

She summed up Rey and Kylo’s relationship this way: “It’s basically a situation where they’re attracted to each other but their morals are mutually exclusive.”

Just when I thought I couldn’t feel more proud of my friends or blessed to know them, I was proven wrong......

This is reddit pasta isn't it?

I forgive you, fren.

And it was stupid there too.

Star Wars fans and people hate everything nowadays. They hated Rian Johnsons the last jedi because it had PT and OT pathos and logos/visuals/directing/scripting/mise-enscene

Sorry Jesus, I'll rephrase it, we aren't going to pretend now that Rey ever had actual character building, are we?

I am so not ready for “The Rise of Skywalker”

I’m not mentally prepared. I knew I wasn’t since the moment I saw the trailer, but now seeing the D23 clip…I-

I

C A N N O T

F U C K I N G

P R O C E S S

E V E R Y T H I N G

I

S A W
….and to add…WHERE’S HUX?! WHERE’S MY PSYCHO GINGER?!

no, but the style of her lightsaber is probably the least credible avenue seethers could go down to get their point across since its probably one of the few things that makes sense about her character. She uses a staff lightsaber because she has used a staff her whole life.

these are awful

Attached: roger roger.png (1060x816, 993K)