/hoc/

youtube.com/watch?v=WafWphQzUlo

Attached: images (1).png (246x205, 11.46K)

bud sr should have smashed the mug when he had the chance

Send it.

Attached: AA20A9EB-A889-47C5-92D9-933D86D2ADF4.jpg (168x168, 5.57K)

Not Trotz' fault Lou loaded up on offensive dead ends. Or was Lou expecting more than 35 points out of 37 year old zach parise?

Attached: 1644164956840.gif (316x400, 47.13K)

that literally was the expectation for parise

Why would they fire Barrold

Attached: 1626554871169.png (369x228, 112.48K)

What phenotype is this?

This isn't a very good op. Doesn't get me excited for tonights games at all.

I'm not saying it's Trotz fault at all. Lou hasn't set this roster up to provide him with guys who can get you those goals when you need it.

I think it was more that Lou expected greater than 91 points from the sum of Palmieri, Beauvillier, and Wahlstrom.

not posting in this SHIT thread

Good because tonight's games are all shit. Why Gary would put all the good series on one day and all the shit series the other day instead of having a healthy mix of both is beyond me

I know. I (and many other people, including you) are saying Trotz got a raw deal considering Lou built a shit team for him.

they missed toews and leddy this season, badly. i hope lou can get the chance to just offload bailey right away, because he definitely was pissed at barry for playing him as the extra attacker instead of palmieri. bailey should be counting his chops he had that bubble performance.

just got the latest facsimile dont expect any close games tonight

excellent post, spain!
that is not my problem

Palmieri's career best in points was 57 when he was playing with Ryan Getzlaf. Outside of that he is a fucking 40 points player. Everyone seemed to know this except Lou.

Flames
Kings
Avs
Blues

Caps
Bruins
Pens
Bolts

checkem

Attached: 1507228126686.jpg (281x180, 6.75K)

Bailey has no trade protection, makes fewer actual dollars than his cap hit, is an highly versatile bottom 6er, and is a veteran with playoff experience.

I'd be shocked if they couldn't get a mid-round pick for him from Anaheim, Ottawa, or Arizona.

and he's fine at being that type of player if he wasn't shuffled around the lineup so often. barrolds issue was how much he just played the blender and refused to play younger players. i'm already hearing rangers fans being upset at gallant by this practice as well.

All the series will go up 3-1 tonight

Jesus H Christ what is this

Attached: isles.png (3224x1235, 247.68K)

I don't watch the islanders. Lou was in the right. Trotz lost the room and players don't have the patience to deal with autistic systems for too long. We don't know how much of the current roster is built with Trotz's style in mind, like the identity line. Lots of work ahead of Lou to fix the team and he may not be able to. But Trotz isn't the super king pin best coach in the NHL people say he is today, he was a known choker for years.

Gallant is fine, ranger fans are just upset that Lafreniere is on the 3rd line left wing instead of being forced into his unnatural RW on the first line, and that kakko is on the 3rd line as well still.

i do remember towards the end of the season when trotz was asked about whalstrom and he gave some "the young players will play when I think they are ready to play". I didn't think that was a good look for him.

The weeb says he had sex I doubt it and even if he did he was probably ugly so it doesn't count

He scored 57 in New Jersey when he was the single only top 6 player on the roster.

He also had scored 20-30 goals in five of his previous six seasons. It was a bad contract, but he, Beauvillier, and Wahlstrom all played below expectations.

Stephen had sex with TBG

Lol missed quads ya jinxed it

the weab seems pretty truthful on his twitter, no reason to believe he would just make that up. he did hint last week that he may have finally gotten a gf.

he probably was losing the room. i think lambert will be their coach, and they end up offloading this offseason. some players got way too comfortable being complacent this season. maybe they can bounce back but that requires getting a good defenseman, and getting barzal an actual winger for once. no more revolving door at wing.

Non-consensual sex might I add

how are the garyoffs so shit /hoc/ is talking about teams that didnt even make them?

high profile coach got fired today in case you didn't know

I would say shit teams but they’re taking turns blowing each other the heck out.

Every series has terrible reffing

I think Lou said himself today that a priority is upgrading the defence from an offensive standpoint and said if he has to make a hockey trade using his forwards he will. I think Lou finally woke up to the trend that you basically need at least one pure offensive defenceman these days.

what does the coach have to do with managing the roster or the teams capspace?

all that jlmi stuff was just a front, we love discussing the gold standard here

this is making every fucking game a nightmare to watch. 10+ penals guaranteed every game
fuck gary

Gallant has no problem playing and developing younger players if they're actually good. During the season he took Florida to the playoffs, he used...
20-year-old Barkov as the 1C
22-year-old (rookie) Trocheck as the 2C
19-year-old Ekblad as the 2D

Even now with the Rangers, he's using 22-year-old Miller as defensive 3D.

But Lafreniere blows and Kakko is inconsistent, so why would he spoonfeed them minutes?

If Trotz coaches again his new team will miss the playoffs

It’s only Monday

Attached: 686AC075-A699-4BA0-93B2-FF6857ADAE8F.gif (498x373, 1.95M)

Lafreniere looks much better than Kakko

Not the Jets

Let take a trip down memory lane, /hoc/.

Attached: dipietro.png (2860x1531, 215.66K)

AND A LITTLE CHIP OFF THE GLASS
RAPE TBG ON EASTER NIGHT
A LOLI MUG THAT SIPS JUST RIGHT
AND THE ANIME OOOOOONNNNN

Cap fr

Then Lou is gonna fuck up the roster even more. The problem is that there is not a single dynamic winger in the Islels lineup.

Pelech - Pulock
xxxx - Dobson
xxxx - Mayfield

is a perfectly fine d-corps skeleton for both offensive and defensive purposes. but your top 6 wingers can't be a pure net mule (Lee) and then guys who only score a dozen goals per year.

Would be kino to see the islels burn it down

from what i've seen of the rags, i disagree.
KK looks like the tools are all there, but he isn't finishing/putting it together. Lafreniere is invisible unless he's gifted 10 feet of space in the o-zone.

Cope they'd still have two other buildings

Crappo crakko

Can’t disagree but you had toews. He’s literally that dude. I know the timeframe and all but it rubs me the wrong way. Chychrun could be the one I assume
the isles roster runs on defense. they need that guy because dobson had some oopsies on the power play (both marner SHG’s came off of dobsons shitty handling), so yes I agree with that statement by lou

I won’t say that trans rights are human rights.
I won’t say that women deserve health care.
I won’t say billionaires are by any measure immoral.
I won’t say be kind to others.

Oops wait….

they'd never take a loss on all those brand new toilets

the season he took the panthers to the playoffs the laffs were hard tanking for matthews, price was broken from knee surgery, and the sabres were absolute shit. he literally had a cakewalk to the top of the division. it was no wonder he folded in spectacular fashion in the playoffs. hes a regular season divison babby.

I will say that the islanders SUCK

Two more hours :^)

it's actually the exact opposite but ok

noooooo you can't just say that!!!!

>Lafreniere is on the 3rd line left wing instead of being forced into his unnatural RW on the first line
A purely offensive player with (allegedly) high hockey iq, like Lafreniere, shouldn't struggle to adapt to the opposite wing.

Not to mention detoilet was still trying to cling on to false hope

All Canadian teams will be eliminated in the first round...

Attached: 1508204663041.png (420x420, 263.31K)

Isn't Pulock the PPQB?
Again, Lou is retarded if he thinks that big hole is a bottom 4 d-man who will play 16 minutes per night and run the second PP unit

just got off another three day ban lads

lou lamoriello will never make the playoffs again

This was Lafrenieres first actual season in the league. When he started with the Rangers in 2020, he had not played competitive hockey for 10 months because of covid. The short season was a loss under Quinn, Gallant came in and wanted him to continue to adjust to the NHL at his natural LW rather than force him to learn RW when he hasnt even learned to play in the NHL yet. It's unfortunate the LWs in front of him are Panarin and Kreider. If Kreider was putting up 50 goals this season, Lafreniere would have seen more time in the top 6 at LW.

It used to be leddy and pulock on the power play iirc. They shifted pulock to PP2 since he got injured this season. So again, I see Lou’s logic here. Dobson also needs a better partner than chara, since he becomes a babysitter as a result

God I hate “progressives”

*wasnt

Unlike my islanders

based what did you do to get jannys panties in a tizzy

Hopefully

If a coach leads an incredibly young team to 3rd in the conference, then he's a decent coach--regardless of Canadian cope about why their protagonist teams were shit.

Also, my Kitties actually outplayed the Islanders in that series iirc, it was just that Tavares absolutely FEASTED on Kulikov - Gudbranson all series long.

shut the fuck up chambers

the regular season is the first round

rip senile man

Attached: lou.jpg (1400x1400, 157.67K)

he’s the fans captain

>we would have won
lol panturds fans are so delusional

called the janny a pedophile and told him his transgressions against morality would see his soul spend eternity in a lake of fire

If Lafreniere was actually good, he would be able to play RW or force his way up the lineup and push Panarin/Kreider to RW (which they can both play if necessary).

The only time it's acceptable for a winger to only be capable of playing on one side of the ice is if he a) is actually too retarded to handle the switch, and b) he's active in the defensive zone (needs his stick blade facing the correct side of the boards).

Griess griess baby

thats not even developing players. barkov played against men before he played in the nhl. i would hope a coach can utilize a 1st and 2nd overall picked player properly and get a team into the playoffs. fucking retard.

didn't say that we would have won. just correcting the wrong statement that Gallant "folded in spectacular fashion" those playoffs.

SHALL be getting whiskey and darts for my yinzies game

Attached: 1631509714512.png (1200x1024, 217.12K)

Right on lad

Attached: 91D0BC55-07C3-481A-B0D6-3E74D991AD1D.jpg (762x800, 286.29K)

He scored 19 goals at 5v5 from the 3rd line while receiving next to zero powerplay time. I think he's going to be just fine.

yinz catch cancer now ya heard?

Will be sober this week.

it might be age-related decline with palms and not just a down year. he wasn't great his walk year in jersey.

Isles had no right to even be close to the panthers that series.

Cope im invincible

Attached: 1621276264134.jpg (1280x960, 776.06K)

You've never played hockey have you
Your handedness makes a bit of a difference on receiving passes and shot selection
plus muscle memory. when I was a kid and I had to switch to RD instead of LD I caught myself going into the wrong corners at times

lmao nice cope being 100+ point division winners and losing in the first round to a wild card team in 6 is being exposed. tell me why that upward trajectory stopped so suddenly the next season? fucking idiot.

it's also possible that lafreniere -- and byfield -- were just physically bossing underdeveloped 16 year olds and that's contributing to a less than seamless transition to the top flight.

Losing to the islanders, those islanders in particular was losing spectacularly. isles went from 1993 to 2016 without a series victory

no, do (YOU) even /hoc/?
if you aren't dumb and you don't suck, you can handle the "bit of a difference on receiving passes and shot selection" as a winger.

LD and RD are completely different because it actually does matter when you're trying to get the puck out of your own zone under pressure.

nobody hates me more than myself.

That's Kakkos biggest issue, not Lafrenieres.

>ya just receive passes and shoot from your backhand on every odd man rush that'll work

because they fired Gallant, who was a major part of the Kitties success, and also Huberdeau sliced his achilles, and Ekblad's brain got scrambled. then Tallon sold off two of their best forwards out of pure spite.