OFFICIAL EFL LEAGUE ONE PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL 2ND LEG: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v SUNDERLAND MATCH THREAD

The first EFL play-off final of the season will be determined tonight as Sunderland take their 1-0 lead to South Yorkshire to face Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough. Who will be facing the anti-football of Wycombe Wanderers at Wembley on 21st May?

Kick-off at 7:45pm BST with coverage on Sky Sports Football from 7:30pm.

SHW: Peacock-Farrell; Hunt, Storey, Dean; Hutchinson, Johnson, Byers, Luongo, Bannan (c); Windass, Gregory.
>Subs: Wildsmith, Palmer, Dunkley, Mendez-Laing, Paterson, Berahino, Kamberi.

SUN: Patterson; Wright, Batth, Cirkin; Gooch, Evans (c), O'Nien, Clarke; Roberts, Pritchard; Stewart.
>Subs: Hoffmann, Doyle, Embleton, Broadhead, Neil, Matete, Hume.

Attached: lcimg-cf4a1e72-04cb-4a5b-a03a-615343a3bacb.jpg (1024x576, 79.22K)

Hello

Hope Yea Forums doesn't shit itself today

Once again you get it right for lower league games. Be consistent mate. Get it right every time. Cheers.

Small bean regarder

That was fucking annoying.

Nah, fuck off.

No I don’t think I will, until your pea sized brain learns how to be consistent.

Hello lad. Would appreciate it if you were a bit more appreciative of those who put effort into making match threads. Cheers.

go black cats

>either get a decent away trip or a ground tick with Wycombe

Cool beans. Hope there's banter tonight.

He is inconsistent, that’s my only constructive criticism. I appreciate him making the effort - but if you go to the effort of making it, make it properly.

Just saw Dover got their first league point this weekend. Good on those lads.

What is the general consensus around the play off system in England?
In Germany we re-introduced relegation play-offs for the 1st and 2nd bundes about 10 years ago, albeit in another format. Here it is very unpopular and a clear way to make more money and protect the bigger clubs. But what about in England?
I guess it's a little bit better because no club can save itself from relegation through it

>He is inconsistent
You got fucking OCD or some autism thing going on? If fucking sounds like it. Fuck off and make your own threads, then you'll stop bitching all the time.

Based. Not really sure why they didn't voluntarily relegate after not finishing the previous season like

cringe song

even if we win

Attached: that blunderland feel.jpg (1080x984, 158.9K)

It’s not my responsibility to make the threads

yeah its just for promotion here
its a bit of a nightmare but ultimately keeps a 24 team division alive for the whole season so i don't think there are many who want it gone

I think it adds something to the EFL, I wouldn't be for it if it determined who won the league but deciding who gets the final promotion place is good, just gives the teams that in the top half a little extra to strive for

Yeah it's alright. Bit of a frivolity when the top 3 could go up, but it's totally accepted after many years.

Completely disagree with your and Scotland's systems were it's either a straight playoff between like the 3rd place team and the 3rd bottom team from the league above, or 3 teams joined by 1 team from the league above

CAM ON WEDNESDAY
regards, geordie

What we drinking tonight lads?

The world famous Hillsborough Stadium

not changed a bit since '89

Tango will be in with the mongs (Sheffield Wednesday fans, not people with disabilities)

Attached: 20220507_140106.jpg (1512x2016, 499.11K)

21/30

ON THE RIVER WHERE THEY USED TO BUILD THE BOATS

Is that paulo

Still got myself 2 cans of Guinness in the fridge, though not sure if I really wanna drink tonight.
Yeah our systems is retarded, even if it saved my team twice in the past. Only good thing about it were the years of seethe from everyone else in Germany. But looks very likely we'll have to go into the play offs as the lower league team this year.
But I would also be pissed if my team lost in your play off system.

Aye, he looks like the coomer guy

It's not your responsibility to keep criticizing them either. Fuck off to plebbit if you don't like it here.

lets go black cats? but also want tangos team to win....super conflicted about this one

Cheers Deano xx

Attached: Screenshot_20220509-195401.png (1080x1471, 710.51K)

water. off the booze this week as got a marathon coming up on Sunday.

>criticizing
proxy off fatty

KEK

>Completely disagree with your and Scotland's systems were it's either a straight playoff between like the 3rd place team and the 3rd bottom team from the league above, or 3 teams joined by 1 team from the league above
Interestingly that was the system used in England when play-offs were reintroduced in the 80s. They stopped it after two seasons.

I will say The National League's play-offs system is fucking daft.

kek
luv me deano

Attached: hull1.jpg (625x833, 362.14K)

I see are trusty south yorkshire police have netted off half the stadium.
Same happening at the lane on saturday, we've had to move season ticket holders who aren't allowed to sit in the upper tier for the forest game. Probably a couple of thousand seats we're not allowed to sell.

what side are the neutrals choosing in here lads?

I hated it when my team finished 3rd twice and lost in play-offs. But as a neutral it's based

Wycombe in the final

why, just cause of the 1 automatic spot?

Clearly autistic, toys out the pram when the words on the screen don't look how he imagined them.

Any sane person would want Wednesday to win and then lose at Wembley, but deep down I know Sunderland will jew a win here and then beat Wycombe too

Nothing against either team but would find it funnier if Sunderland bottled it

sunderland probably. think it'd be more entertaining for them to make it to the championship and choke promotion there than in league one

Sending SO much energy to Sheffield from Newcastle tonight.

This ref looks like a right fat cunt

Sending SO much energy to Sunderland from Sheffield tonight.

Remember to watch on Sky Sports football
Piracy and illegal streaming is not only against the law, but damages the sport, players and fans as a whole.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (900x900, 81.28K)

No, this is why. 2nd and 3rd place get byes to the semis where they're at home.

Attached: national league.png (829x341, 16.33K)

Attached: 16379BD2-830B-4662-A88A-5FCC8EE80E1C.png (300x281, 20.53K)

fuck off jobi mcanuff

National League playoffs are 6-team, with the top two teams getting a bye to the semis. Single leg ties with the higher team at home, with the final at Wembley usually but at West Ham this season because of the same reason the League One playoffs are earlier than the other two divisions.

No reseeding either, 2nd plays 5/6th whilst 3rd plays 4/7th. So you can get the 3rd place team arguably getting the easier semi

>clearly autistic
wedoyouthinkweare.gif

Would really love for both of them to go up, but for me it has to Sheffield Wednesday

oh, i guess that isn't as weird to me cause american playoffs have byes. but i can see how that is weird for your leagues, especially compared to EFL

this Hitler guy sounded based

come on windeh

really refreshing to see Sunderland playing attacking football considering how we've played these games in the past

>but at West Ham this season because of the same reason the League One playoffs are earlier than the other two divisions.
It isn't because of the Jubilee. It's because the Women's Euros are on. I wish I was fucking joking about that.

>we’ve

Wendies vs Mackems is like Aliens vs Predators films. Fucking shit.

>implying he's not Peter Reid

It's uber...

>not Micky Gray

Barrold Bannan is one of those typical players with good technique but a total manlet who could have had a decent career at a minor Serie A or La Liga club if only he challenged his comfort zone

Stuck playing hoofball in the Championship instead

Ah right lel. Just assumed with the lack of weekends. Ridiculous when all the teams are fairly Midul unless Dagenham or Boreham Wood sneak in

Attached: UK-Nations-Map-761x1024~2.png (761x1024, 360.29K)

I am Julio arca

personally I think we're owed a few more years of third tier sunderland at least
it doesn't feel like four years

based

Wtf is Edinburg