If Palpatine is alive what was the point of his sacrifice ?

if Palpatine is alive what was the point of his sacrifice ?

Attached: r.jpg (992x558, 47K)

redemption.

To make way for Rey to be the true hero

how did sheev survive the explosion of the death star?

what the point of redemption if you die a few seconds later ?
if he had not redeemed and stayed evil but still die, what does it change ?

This.
It’s all for Rey.
Enjoy your new Star Wars bro

ding

What's the point of sacrifice if you get resurrected in a few days?

how do you kill palpatine for good since he's just going to resurrect every 45 years ?

Selling merchandise six times instead of only one.

Star Wars is gay

what's the point of dying it you're a ghost ?

/thread

How is he redeemed now? He’s still responsible for the murder of billions and the destruction of the Jedi order
His one act of penance was just taken from him

sadly this

fuck that cunt Kathleen Kenney
fuck Jew Jar Abrams
fuck Ruin Johnson

Attached: 800353.jpg (750x445, 51K)

This. Fuck you gisnep bot

that is the redemption. Realizing that you fight for the wrong side and do something about it

Why did they kill luke and han while leia is still alive ?
If I were rian I would have let leia be the one who sacrifices herself by crashing the ship into the star destroyer

Then I'd end the movie with luke training rey under the beautiful sunset of tatooin

i take it you haven't seen SW? he returned to the light, that's all it takes to be redeemed in-universe. it's like repenting for your sins.

What did hebdo about it though ? He didn't kill the emperor

Shut up goy just like it.

i am not arguing that the sequel trilogy is good. Its a piece of shit and makes the prequels look like a masterpiece in comparison

>he returned to the light

Yeah, and ? He's still dead

How is returning to the light helping in anything ?

How did Maul survive being cut in half, fall from a great height and left down there however fucking long?

The prequels are still a masterpiece
Who is it that started the whole 'the prequels are bad' meme ???

you've gotten your answer user, now you're just moving the goalposts. if you have a point to make, then do so.

it was enough to defeat the Empire. In the Expanded Universe (fuck Disney Wars) the only reason he could return was through clone technology

Attached: Emperorreborn.jpg (768x781, 135K)

He was feeding on his own anger

now he can chill with his buds in jedi heaven where as before he was on life support and had no penis.

get rekt faggot

New SW aren't canon.

hes an alien

I got downvoted -70 for the mere suggestion that the death star blew up in ROTJ and it couldn't possibly have crash landed on a planet (like the new poster) Reddit is so fun.

that's just as gay, if not moreso, than anything in Disney Wars. muh Luuuke

i would argue that the execution (dialogues, characters) could have been better

Luuuke was dumb but the rest of the story was quite good. The Disney trilogy, on the other hand, is shit from the beginning to the end

opinions. Luuuke and Yuuzhan Vong are fucking irredeemable in my eyes.

toxic masculinity

>my bad

Yuuzhan Vong at least shows that the Star Wars universe is more than Jedi and Sith

>if Palpatine is alive what was the point of his sacrifice ?

To show that in order to finish a job you need a woman to do it properly

what about bigger luke?

sure, but there are better ways of doing that than some edgelord, force-immune S&M aliens that feel like Star Trek rejects moreso than something that belongs in SW.

He might as well have thrown a pie in palpatines face. The fact is Vader destroying the ultimate evil so that his son wouldn’t have to go down the same path he did has actually some redeeming qualities. Throwing a man down a shaft which apparently is lined with secret escape hatches is nowhere near as powerful of a metaphor

to save luke you dummy

bigger luke?

>openly admitting to browising reddit

you don't belon ghere

The point of his sacrifice was that his own son was groomed and primed to become a new body for Palpatine.

He saved his son.

>His one act of penance was just taken from him
How? His actions don't change just because Sheev survived. I'm pretty sure he also survived in the pre-Disney canon.

>Bigger Luke, commonly abbreviated to BL, or more uncommonly BgL, is the slightly larger manifestation of Luke Skywalker that is said to appear in certain scenes of the original Star Wars Trilogy, contrasting to Regular Luke.

>The appearance of Bigger Luke in a particular scene is generally, but not always, judged relative to the height of Han Solo, and as such Han is the primary go-to frame of reference amongst Bigger Luke Theorists. Because of this, "No Han Pics"(commonly abbreviated to NHP) are generally discouraged, as it is very difficult to determine Luke's height without Han Solo as a constant frame of reference. Whilst uncommon, the use of other Star Wars characters to judge Luke's height are not unheard of. The second most common character to judge if Bigger Luke is in the scene or not has generally been Obi-Wan, followed closely by Princess Leia. The activity of combing the original Star Wars trilogy for instances of Bigger Luke is known as Luking.

been here since before reddit existed sonny

An actual spoiler.
After Vader has failed by getting his limbs chopped of, and therefore became unsuitable as a vessel for Palpatine's soul, Luke was the next best candidate.
Vader saved Luke by now allowing him to turn to dark and therefore let Palpatine in.
The whole business about Kylo wanting to get to Luke and finish what Vader started was about getting Luke so he could be possessed by Palpatine as intended.

>He might as well have thrown a pie in palpatines face.
That would be unlikely to destroy the empire in the same way as throwing him down the reactor shaft.

then go back there

makes the fight interesting because the force is the ultimate power to wield.

And i would still argue its better what we got from Disney because at least this trilogy has world building and character development

Every one of these nuwars films goes to great lengths to undo and make void and meanigless everything that has come before it. The only decent member berrys of the last decade have been Twin peaks the return and Fury road.

Reeks of desperation trying to give meaning retroactively

Shill thread.

I'd rather make you enjoy your last days of summer trying to make me faggot.

Obviously blowing up a second Death Star and uniting the galaxy against its rulers has a more profound effect on the Empire if Sheev was never REALLY gone. The point is an action should produce results.
>well shit Luke sorry kid I couldn’t actually do the job
>now you have to strike down Palpatine anyways and once again risk going down the dark path

For you

Don't send disgusting cis whyte males to do a woman's job

>nothing matters if it doesn't last forever
Where do you brainlets keep coming for?

Plausible

I hope when they time jump during their battle rey beats the white cis males ass in every time with characters in the related time period applauding going YAS QUEEN