/USFL/ General - WEEK 4 PT. 2 edition

>Sunday 5/8
Houston Gamblers (1-2) vs New Orleans Breakers (2-1), 3pm EST (NBC)

Happy Mother's Day

Attached: hg.jpg (315x316, 48.28K)

anyone know what the numbers are like?

Attached: nob.jpg (348x287, 49.44K)

GAME
TIME

Attached: pacha.png (500x500, 192.38K)

My Breakies!

>kickoff
>dead thread
It was fun while it lasted, Yea Forums

>Holder
>Holding

Good call from the refs

I remember when the AAF was going on, there were game threads and a general flooded with anons. Then the league died immediately.

Dead thread means we're stuck with the USFL for years and years. Hurry up and get here, XFL

link to a stream?

it's on NBC, it's free

>AAF
I miss the pre-coof world

dude there were fucking websites, podcasts and shit with the XFL. mcmahon really did a full court press with the engagement. fucking coof.

Fake cig lol

It's fine, they just need to keep it going. Boomers love this shit, my dad has watched almost every game.

that's what i'm saying. the XFL had that, and even the AAF had its own app where every player had a chip in their helmet and you could see where they were on the field. it was tech savvy.

the USFL is... whatever this is.

>spee doesn't even have a meme yet
That's how you know it's fucked

Attached: usfl_.jpg (700x394, 61.12K)

top level juco player is our meme

>>spee doesn't even have a meme yet

Because this league Is booty

T. Top juco player

that was ever secondary league. why is this version the worst of the imitators?

Gotta wait until XFL comes back to challenge USFL. Also checked

that little dude ran so slow and somehow still got a touchdown with the defenders just flying at no one.

Breakers in break-down mode

So I've watched the AAF, the XFL, and now the USFL and the FCF (the fan controlled league) over the last few years. And honestly the USFL might be the worst (least interest for the future) iteration of the 4.

WTF Breakerbros... we had the best team in this league and now even the likes of the G*mblers are dabbing on us...

I haven't seen any of the fcf, is it good?

It knows that it's weird and embraces it. It has Johnny Football throwing to T.O. like you can't be too serious. The fact they have a small 1500 capacity indoor stadium makes it not seem empty like it does in the USFL and having it in Atlanta also adds to having it have consistent attendance.
Having fans being able to choose plays and even vote on replays is a gimmick but I'll admit I found it fun.
Rather than a hollow shell of football which some of these leagues can feel like, FCF is more like Area Football where it's just weird and you can accept it and find it fun in it's own right

what is it about the game, though? i haven't watched any FCF but by all accounts it's terrible

Attached: fcf.jpg (400x400, 30.78K)

I'm not going to say it's amazing football in any way. Out of the 4 I mentioned, I was most hyped for the AAF and then the XFL. USFL imo succeeded with the media deals but having every game in the same stadium with bare bones crowd hurts it.
FCF is weird, and not what I'd call good football. It relies on gimmicks like former NFL stars and fans calling the plays. But because they embrace it, and it has enough of a support to make it to it's 2nd season and even build a stadium designed for it's own use it kinda has succeeded more than other leagues can list.

>caring about crowd size while watching from home
they're not even on camera

Attached: ak-jax.jpg (689x568, 62.08K)

That TD was robbed

My Breakies :(

Only in spring league will you have more INTs than TDs (7 INTs vs. 6 TDs) ACROSS THE ENTIRE LEAGUE'S QBS IN A WEEK

I see why these guys don't play in the NFL. They need to play better, otherwise this is getting unwatchable longterm.

I know they had 3 weeks to practice but it's week 4 (7 including practice) and they look even worse than week 1.

ahhhh! where is the audience bros?

Why is the stadium empty?

it's a sunday and hockey is on

seems like the later games have a lot more people in the audience. nothing major though

>more players than spectators
Even shit league baseball get people dumb enough to go
Do they charge money for tickets?

Same. AAF lost me after a few weeks, stayed with the XFL most of its run and enjoyed it. But the USFL lost me the first weekend. The quality of game is so low and doesn't have anything to make it interesting.

$10 a ticket, kids under 15 are free, iirc.

Because Birmingham is not obsessed with football. It honestly doesn’t care. Maybe if they honored Dr.King, people would care, but until then nobody in Birmingham gives a shit about this shit league.

>Because Birmingham is not obsessed with football
That entire state obsesses over the Crimson Tide like Canada obsesses over syrup. It's public record.

Football is to Birmingham what Islam is to Tehran

Exactly, it’s something that they only pretend to care about. Otherwise, they’d be there.

what

that entire state loves Bama so much they tried to kill UAB because it offended their delicate sensibilities.

the Stallions going yard should cement their importance

If that was true, then why does this town not show up? They’ve had 3 attempts at spring football there and the town doesn’t care. Maybe they would show up to major league soccer, because there aren’t enough boomers there for the usfl.

the state cares about football. they're just also mostly conservative, which means any "new fangled high falutin' city idea" needs to exist for 30+ years before they'll take a cotton to it.

Anyway, a MLS team in Alabama would be hilarious, thanks for that. In person attendance is shit because why would a resident of Birmingham Alabama go to see Philadelphia play Houston. It's ludicrous.

Just wanna say, yall niggas hating on mexican league football lost on 2 damn fine entretaining matches, those whomdont hate know what im talking about , Heres some links if you want to check It out

Attached: FB_IMG_1652072446355.jpg (1024x683, 50.88K)

plus you're leaning on the same people to attend 40+ games in a short time. you run out of people willing to go to one or two to "check it out" quick. even mlb teams don't need as much fan support in the amount of games and time we're talking, and that's with a vested interest team with history in a major league

hey pablo. kill yourself.

gotta wonder how they incentivize locals, or if an anti-vax state like alabama is just expendable to a company like fox sports, knowing locals will show up to live events even now.

this was all conceived when lockdown was still going on though, they'll presumably move to their real home cities next season?

>four weeks down
>six weeks to go

Attached: usfl.png (1024x683, 48.94K)

>mfw I picked the maulers to follow

Attached: 1652082765611.png (900x1251, 13.75K)

lmao this league is straight booty
I was gonna watch the games this saturday but instead i decided to watch the kentucky derby. that shit was lit. i fired up a blunt and smoked good.

i'm a top juco player and tried out for a couple of these usfl teams and they cut me.

the funny thing is bum ass jeff fisher called me begging for me to come bak but i was like
"nah bruh, i don't like kissing ass and licking booty"

i'm thinking about trying out for the mexican leauge or the FCF and chill with TO and Johnny football.

usfl is trash

Kek

next season will be better, user

>straight booty

Attached: stop.jpg (800x450, 162.29K)

>better than the eagles

Attached: philly-asterisk.png (625x600, 52.28K)

i hate the fucking eagles, man

>eight teams
>zero memes

>after four weeks
Is it ogre?

Attached: usfl-north.png (729x389, 22.23K)

Attached: usfl-south.png (741x424, 22.11K)