Watching Lost for the first time, what a fucking blast. You guys never told me this was the fucking shit...

Watching Lost for the first time, what a fucking blast. You guys never told me this was the fucking shit, it's the best show I've ever seen. I'm at season 5 and the time travel thing is a bit weird, but man, this shit is good. I can't wait to find out what's up with these statues, are they Egyptian or something? In the South Pacific? Fucking wow.

Nobody fucking spoiler this for me, I just want to talk about how great this show is

Attached: 1231255.png (757x443, 654K)

Lost is Yea Forums approved. We had a good run.

F O U R · E I G H T · F I F T E E N · S I X T E E N · T W E N T Y T H R E E · F O R T Y T W O · G U Y S · W H E R E · A R E · W E ? · W A L T ! · V I N C E N T ! · L I V E · T O G E T H E R · D I E · A L O N E · D U D E · W H E R E · I S · M Y · B A B Y ? · T H E Y · T O O K · M Y · B A B Y · N O · M A T T E R · W H A T · I · D O · Y O U · A R E · G O I N G · T O · D I E · C H A R L I E · I · L O V E · Y O U · P E N N Y · I · H A V E · A L W A Y S · L O V E D · Y O U · J A C K ! · Y O U · A L L · E V E R Y B O D Y ! · N O T · P E N N Y ’ S · B O A T · D O · N O T · T E L L · M E · W H A T · I · C A N N O T · D O ! · Y O U · H A V E · S O M E · A R Z T · O N · Y O U · S E E · Y O U · I N · A N O T H E R · L I F E · B R O T H E R · D O · N O T · M I S T A K E · C O I N C I D E N C E · F O R · F A T E · F R E C K L E S · I T · O N L Y · E N D S · O N C E · A N Y T H I N G · T H A T · H A P P E N S · B E F O R E · I S · J U S T · P R O G R E S S · D O · Y O U · H A V E · A N Y · I D E A · H O W · B A D L Y · I · W A N T · T O · K I L L · Y O U ? · I · D O · N O T · K N O W · H O W · L O N G · T H E · B A T T E R I E S · W I L L · L A S T · I · C R A S H E D · Y O U R · B L O O D Y · P L A N E · W E · H A V E · T O · G O · B A C K !

Attached: EVANGELINE ODYSSEY.gif (257x266, 445K)

went thru the same user, sometimes i tell my friends or co-workers to check it out when discussing favourite shows and they fucking have the same stupid response about how bad they heard the ending was, but hadn't even seen any of it, just read a trash article

fukin normies bro

Attached: disapoint.jpg (483x464, 41K)

OP you dumb newfag LOST is the best show ever created or that ever will be created and it’s the only show anyone ever needs to watch and then you can quit TV altogether. You would’ve known this if you weren’t such a newfag.

Attached: 7391A761-354E-4301-9A3B-A7B739D9F2B7.jpg (403x132, 42K)

>I can't wait to find out what's up with these statues, are they Egyptian or something? In the South Pacific? Fucking wow.
If only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 1541732341765.png (607x645, 365K)

i was disappointed in the last season but compared to most "good" shows final seasons, it's a decent ending.

This. Brace yourself for Special Friend Heaven: The Musical. Come back here when you've crossed into the evil dimension from Event Horizon and you "see"

>LMAO THEY WERE DEAD THE WHOLE TIMES SIKES HAHA EVEN THE FUCKING DOG WAS DEAD

Attached: 1564242919001.jpg (1024x904, 73K)

Durn

>watching lost first time

Ya, it's amazing until the end when you get pissed off

ya

>Running time 40–50 minutes
>No. of episodes 121

Attached: article-0-08249C78000005DC-496_306x423.jpg (306x423, 20K)

L O S Tposting while the show was on air was the golden age of the board and the last time I felt truely happy.

>I can't wait to find out what's up with these statues

Attached: 1548513339277.jpg (236x237, 10K)

Dumb plebs go back to your Terror/Chernobyl generals where you’ve got your nice SJW sentimentalities packaged in a safe anglo environment

>muh hurr HURR dur DURR HUUUUUUUUUUUR
Fuck off faggot, I haven't watched any of that shit either

I didn't watch the last season. Did I miss anything important?

Attached: lost-the-game-for-2-to-b-players-ages-13-1543986.png (500x469, 132K)

The LOST audience basically consisted of three groups, the brainlets who thought the show was one big science fiction mystery to be "solved", the normalfags watching it purely for the characters like they do all shows and finally the kinoseurs who could fully appreciate the mythopoeic imagery and themes.
Back when it aired I must admit I more belonged more to the first group than to the third and a lot was lost on me and went over my head. Rewatching it, being being older and having a much deeper perspective I've come to love it even more.
Only plebs dislike it.

nah the only Yea Forums approved show is Twin Peaks

>You guys never told me this was the fucking shit
We shouldn't have had to you worthless sperm cell

if you weren't on Yea Forums during L O S T days then you've never been on Yea Forums

I don’t care you’re a dumb pleb. You exist to be made fun of.

Go back to /z/.

We have to go back. Will never go back.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand LOST. The drama and dynamics between faith and science are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics and ancient mythology most of the scenes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Jacob's metaphysical outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Vedic literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his interaction with the Man in Black, to realize that they're not just a puzzle to be solved- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence plebs who dislike LOST truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the metaphore of the cork, which itself is a cryptic reference to the Bhagavad Gita. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated brainlets scratching their heads in confusion as Damon Lindelof's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

Yes, you missed more kino. Every episode and season of LOST is 10/10. You are not a fa/tv/irgin. You disrespect his memory by wearing his face.

Attached: The source vs The Hatch.jpg (1438x846, 109K)

The diamonds episode is 2/10

It's a fun show but it's ruined by the ending because the explanation to literally everything in the show is MAGIC ISLAND.

>THEY WERE DEAD THE WHOLE TIMES
didn't watch the show

he think the show was about explanation......

Every episode is 10/10 including the Nikki and Paolo one and including the Jack's tattoos one. Every. Single. One.

Attached: tv island.jpg (1054x1223, 1.07M)

Evangeline Lilly-bros she was in a tv show called Judgment Day which by the looks of it only had one episode. Is the episode online at all or atleast a picture of Lilly on it?

Attached: file.png (1223x1498, 1.57M)

lost would be like game of thrones if both started out good had all kinds of theories and speculation and then became shittier and fucked up their endings

Fuck off newfag trying to cope with missing out on LOST era. LOST is nothing like Game of Plebs. It's the best show ever made not some average show for tumblrinas and anglos who barely read books.

nigger i was in the lost era

clouds would be like buildings if both were green and spongy

You unironically need to have a good working knowledge of esotericism and some base hermetic principles to understand LOST. It's so full of allusions and references to the royal art of alchemy, esoteric texts, symbologies, and other ideas like the Brahatma and Aggartha, you'd end up talking like those plebs complaining how they "made it up" because you weren't able to connect the dots yourself.

It's incredible how even almost after a decade since the show's been over and all discussion on it has exhausted, that I'm still finding new things that take me back to LOST and make me appreciate it more. You can read so much and find so many references in LOST. Not only from the direct references to books they make, but from the very concepts themselves.

You truly need to be a high-level /x/ wizard (not the UFO/politico-conspiracy type) and an avid reader to appreciate the scope and knowledge hidden within LOST.

it's actually the opposite, very low IQ and a feeble mind to be able to endure the trash. it just makes you feel special so that's what you obviously would think.

You can stop watching television once you finish LOST. That’s the best part. You can literally finish the medium.

based

>aziz lighthouse
Kek never noticed that one

Reminds of that Yea Forums meme with the schopenhauer quotation
How do normies find the time

Schopenhauer is zoomer’s first philosophy and Yea Forums is for plebs. Also watching this show is better activity than most other stuff people normally do these days. I put watching LOST on the same level as reading a book. It’s spiritually, morally, and intellectually enriching, on top of having great entertainment value on par with other great sci fis like Star Trek or Stargate.

How fucking new are you, faggot? LOST has always been kino.

> Jack's Tattoo
> YOU HAVE TO BAPTIZE THE BABY CHALIE!

Stop at the end of season 5 user it's the best ending. Season 6 is the biggest letdown you can imagine.

>other great sci fi
oh dear
you think lost is sci-fi

If you watched 8 hours a day, you could finish that shit in 12-ish days. That's not bad at all. Don't pretend like you have a life.

Wrong pleb. Season 6 is just as good as the rest and essential to understanding all of LOST. Stay mad headcanoneers and anti-synarchists.

Those were some sublime pits back in the day

Yes dearie sweetums, it is. It incorporates many scientific concepts like exotic matter, time travel, electromagnetic anomalies, and many other fields of science through various expositions on Dharma’s research.

I, too, watched LOST incorrectly and care to know which specific ancient civilizations built those statues.

Get ready for disappointment.

Only if you’re retarded of course. It’s a litmus year, really.

*litmus test

They were dead the whole time and the island is purgatory.

>the brainlets who thought the show was one big science fiction mystery to be "solved"
I think the problem with the last season was that the writers felt that they had to tie up all the mysteries.
Similarly, the GoT writers felt that they had to put someone on the throne at the end. Think of how much better it would have been if Dany had overcome her madness and resolved herself to humbly rule over Meereen. Maybe have Cercei live and maintain control of King's Landing, but subordinate to Arya in winterfell. Give Sansa a love story. /game

I like you, poster.

Seriously, I've never been more disappointed in the human race than after reading the reaction to the LOST finale. I have little hope for us at all.

Seriously, when we become extinct in 50 years, it won't at all be a shock. Just look at the reaction to the LOST finale... the way people misunderstood things...shockingly dim, our race is.

This is a fake spoiler btw so you’re safe OP. This fake spoiler gets thrown around by people who never watched it and people who want to continue to keep you from watching the show because they don’t want you witnessing the greatest thing the medium has to offer, fearing that you will never return to the medium once you’ve done so and won’t be a TV slave like them anymore.

Trolling or retarded as fuck and contributing to rapidly increasing climate change

This show was a pointless waste of time and the last series I watched.
I'm right and saving that user a lot of time.
Go read a book, OP.

>Hurr what if we had all these mysteries and spooky shit but never explained a single one haha so edgy and subversive aren't we smart

That shit made me drop it and never look back. Show for pretentious brainlets basically.
Sawyer was based as heck though.

You are right? Care to prove that claim? Oh, wait, you can't. Funny how that works.

Well this is a cold hard truth in all esotericism and a lot of religions: there are different levels of enlightenment that human consciousness is on. Gnosticism also borrows from this. Those of the Buddha-consciousness are very very few. So few in fact that you or I are still excluded from this. Then there are he adapts and the seekers who understand the Buddha-mind and strive for it. That’s people like us who appreciate and understand LOST. It’s a show for such seekers of peace and wisdom. Then there are the vast majority of people who simply are part of the wheel of samsara and are simply trapped in the swaying motions of their emotions and natural rhythms. To them LOST is just a surface level story with some cool mysteries that will give you a prize at the end for watching.

This is why LOST will never ever inherently be liked by all across the board. It is fundamentally designed to be appreciated by a SELECT few.

What made you drop it? "That shit"? But how would you know if mysteries were explained or not if you dropped it?

Thank you for this post

All mysteries in LOST are explained and you as the viewer only have to connect the dots.

I dropped it at season 4. They just kept abandoning old plot devices and throwing new ones and at that point, the show started feeling really basic and like it was dragging on just because of the characters.

I wasnt watching it for the characters, I wanted to find it what the fuck was going on, but the show literally never even hinted at an explanation.

>I dropped it at season 4.
This is the right answer. You did yourself a favor.
>I wanted to find it what the fuck was going on
The point of the show was to enjoy the mystery.

I mean fair but I really cant think of any questions I still have after watching the series.
Sure, some specifics are left out like walt but they give you enough to connect the dots as the other poster said.

These are not funny, go take a shower

Patience is a virtue. Also by season 4 you would’ve had enough knowledge to know what Dharma Foundation was about and also some idea behind the nature of the island. Only Jacob and the predestine purpose of the candidates would’ve been a mystery to you (among other smaller episodic/seasonal mysteries which get explained in a self contained manner).

L O S T was the biggest show on Yea Forums for a while m8

And I was, until it became obvious there was no answer. Would you read Sherlock Holmes if he never cracked the cases? Of course not, it would be asinine as fuck.

Walt was a candidate and was able to influence others from afar similar to Jacob

You should've browsed this place back in the day. Nothing but Lost threads. By that I actually mean to say fuck off, newfaggot.

It became obvious? More like you became impatient and let the world decide for you what the writers knew and didn’t know. Clearly you are one of the types that consumes news about off-screen dramas and journalist opinions. The answers were all there as I’ve said and you simple didn’t want to take the time to figure it out.

I would say that season 2 was the point where it became obvious they were making it up as they went along. I still liked it, personally.

I have a job

What’s the difference between making something up as you go along and making something up before you go along if the final product is still in the mind of the creator and not yours?

And secondly, anyone that actually watched the show till the end or actually put some thought into the show would tell you there was a high degree of planning all throughout. Season 2 in fact has a lot of moments at the end of the season that bring together a lot of mysteries like why the plane crashed or why the light in the hatch turned on or who the others were. It sounds more to me like you’re an impatient type who should stick to less complex narratives.

>What’s the difference between making something up as you go along and making something up before you go along if the final product is still in the mind of the creator and not yours?
there's not necessarily a meaningful difference - but if you start telling me a story and I can tell that you're just riffing it, my enjoyment of the story is going to be one of enjoying a story that I can tell you're riffing as you go along. Whereas if you're telling me a story that feels like you're recounting events that happen then my enjoyment is going to be one of enjoying a story that feels like a recounting of events.

Anyways - u crazy

I was 8 when it ended, couldn't have done much about not watching it

Stop posting

That doesn’t say anything about the methodology, only the final product. Again, there’s no objective value you get from judging a work by how it was created. It is completely besides the point. The final product is all that matters.

Your problem was in the inability to grasp the “answers” to the “mysteries” yourself. You waited to be spoonfed and found no spoon. That’s because LOST does not spoon feed.

I said
>there's not necessarily a meaningful difference
reading comprehension, much?

No. You can go back to one of your generals if you don’t like it.

Shit's amazing

I don’t care what sort of flimsy wording you use. There’s no meaning whatsover. You’ve simply identified the wrong cause for your disinterest in the stories.

I knew SupaHotFaggot was a retard but damn.

>flimsy wording
I was very specific.

You were very specific and very wrong, yes.

wow nice quints - no I said the exact same thing as you but you're living on another planet. You just repeated what I said but in different terms.

That’s great.

>Game of Thrones
The difference between LOST and Game of Thrones is that LOST’s ending, although admittedly bad, doesn’t ruin the experience of watching the whole show. Seasons 1-5 are still amazing television that I would recommend to anyone, whereas now I wouldn’t even recommend the first season of GOT.

don't feed the tripfags

LOST’s ending isn’t bad. It’s amazing and the best ending in Television history. Stop being such an impressionable pleb.

>impressionable pleb
I made that opinion myself when I watched the finale on air. Season 6 is bad because it completely changes direction and becomes religious shlock. It’s watchable but far from the best ending in history.

Nope it’s the best ending in the entire medium and LOST always dealt with spiritual and religious themes. The final season simply ties it all together and the metaphors it plays with connect with a lot more wisdom than just any single religion.

LOST sucks
As evidenced by the fact that one tripfag (AKA retard) defends it

Can't argue with that.

I still can't believe when people call the last season/episode of LOST "religious"

Then they point out to me WELL HURR THEY ARE IN A CHURCH

So fucking what? Seriously, name 1 thing about LOST that is firmly "religious" rather than pointing out religious ideas as something for the viewer to simply muse about?

Makes me so fucking mad how stupid people can be.

I see this as an argument for why it’s good. I’d hate for LOST to be well liked across the board by nu/chan/

Just filter him. I did long ago. He's as bad as Krager.

Seething filtercuck wondering why he feels left out of convos

Did they ever explain the hieroglyphics in the hatch?

how about the whole afterlife thing, ya big doofus

>not religious
>spends a ton of screentime on the “flash forwards” which takes place in purgatory/life before heaven
based retard

The hieroglyphs mean “Die”/“Death”. It was a Dharma Initiative homage to the previous inhabitants of the island that they found ruins for.

Oh interesting, tell me, which religion is 'general afterlife' a part of?

Or, maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the afterlife, but a series of metaphorical scenes for the viewer as a way to say goodbye to our favorite characters.

Perhaps it was some kind of metaphysical space that is "seen" by a human as they die as some sort of chemical reaction. You will laugh at this, but there's literally no reason why this can't be it. It's up to the viewer to make an explanation. When I watched, I saw the flashsideways as literally symbolic scenes that never actually happen, but depending on who you are, you can make it more scientific, or religious.

Literally nothing inherently religious about that ending.

See I can't wait to hear you scream and cry in response to my theory of the "afterlife" (aka flashsideways) scenes of being nothing more than a chemical reaction (much like love is) during death.

It never says the flashSIDEWAYS (flash forwards are different) are the afterlife. It could very much be taken as a metaphor for what they’ve been through and what was truly important in their lives and them realizing it. The fact that you can interpret it as such is all a testament to the allegorical nature of a lot of the show.

And frankly there’s nothing wrong with exploring religious themes and esoteric ideas.

Attached: 1462509048698.jpg (500x2522, 414K)

Ahaha oh no, m8 walk away. Keep the mystery alive for yourself by never finishing this you will feel like a fucking idiot at the end.

the notion of an afterlife to be coherently, conciously experienced is 100% a religious one. something doesn't have to be tied to one specific religion to be obviously religious.

the flashforward scenes were very clearly portrayed as actual happening events after the character's physical deaths on earth, not some conceptual metaphorical fuckassery

by your logic i could argue that the entire series took place in the mind of the pilot in a half second before impact and be just as correct as you are

Attached: 1455675988958.jpg (638x1920, 161K)

Thanks for this, looks like we are in agreement

You can look at the flashsideways 1 of 3 (or many more) ways.
Symbolic, looking at it as purely a narrative tool
Religious, taking it extremely literally and believing in a specific afterlife
Scientifically, by attributing scientific rules to make the "afterlife" something tangible (which again could lead back to the scenes simply being symbolic, or thinking of some kind of chemical explanation as I have detailed above)

Still no one has replied to my chemical reaction explanation. I bet the posters are crying and shitting in their shorts.

Headcanoneers are fags m8y bruv lad pham cunt. Innit an all that eh?

Attached: 1462497979855.jpg (600x1342, 86K)

Attached: 1455724279804.jpg (402x3099, 316K)

Dude, they're flashsideways, not flashforwards.
Lol.

>very clearly portrayed as actual happening events
Interesting, how so? Refresh my memory. Because I can say that they were not very clearly portrayed that way. And I'd be...correct.

>by your logic i could argue that the entire series took place in the mind of the pilot in a half second before impact and be just as correct as you are
I mean sure, you can, but to me that would leave an unsatisfying show where everything is a dream. Labeling these Season-6 specific scenes which make up no more than like, 5% of the entire series, as a symbolic storytelling to send the series off in its finale, is way more both believable and satisfying, than 'Oh the whole thing was a dream haha!'

Attached: 1455724342987.jpg (389x2870, 255K)

Yea Forums was absolutely based when Lost was airing.

>I ACCIDENTLY THE HATCH
>you accidently what?
>THE HATCH

This is something you will find in common with all LOST detractors. They are very hard set on finding only ONE interpretation to LOST and having the show fit to ONLY that understanding. It’s like they refuse or simply can’t comprehend multiple perspectives. And this show not only plays with multiple perspectives on ideas, but actively promotes its viewers to participate in looking at things in multiple perspectives via its character dynamics (man of science vs man of faith and everything in between).

Frankly if you’re not willing to put in the effort to not only watch the show but actually think about it in various ways and try to explore its ideas in your mind, you shouldn’t watch LOST. LOST isn’t just a piece of entertainment you consume. It’s more like an activity you engage in. It calls for a specific mindset, or better yet, an exploration of mindsets.

They shouldn have never explained shit.
At least made it more subtle, extremely more subtle. Same shit happened with x-files, by season 6 they blew the entire load by literally having the cigarette man narrate it to you like to a retard.

It's just funny because this was all instinctual to me. I didn't at first see 'oh afterlife? Lost is religious!' and then decide to think more about it to reach my conclusion of different possible perspectives. My initial thoughts were that of 'wow, i can't wait to explore these themes further and think of all the different kinds of scenarios and mindsets the writers had in mind when detailing these scenarios'

But not all people can be this way I guess

We can only help. Never force.

based and storytelling pilled