HOLLYWOOD DYING REVENUE DOWN 6%

oh look i was right.
hollywood is dying.
what was supposed to be a record breaking summer ended up being down 2% from last year.
the year overall is down 6% from last year.
hollywood is dying.

Attached: moviesdying4.png (744x846, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kAGGsO23z_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah they’ll be just fine.

Have sex.

this year is the worst year in 25 years.

Attached: moviesdying3.png (726x538, 41K)

OYY VEYYY HOW WILL WE SUBVERT THE GOYIM

next week the numbers will be posted and they will be the lowest in over 25 years.

I know raise the ticket prices

So?

wow a shit movie got a shit box office! that means hollywood is dying!

They are still making billions. Relax.

>worst year in 25 years
>so?
it means that americans have rejected hollywood's culture.
no, one company is making billions. everyone else is dying. and that one company stacked this year with all of its mega movies in a pathetic attempt to make the year look like not a total disaster.

no, it's not?
also we are still in august, it's obviously gonna be better than 2017 and probably higher than 2018

>While a record number of summer tentpoles crossed the $1 billion mark at the global box office — thanks mostly to Disney
>The gap between the haves and the have-nots at the box office has never been greater, and neither has the domination by one major Hollywood studio — Disney
>Disney — whose domestic market share is a staggering 40 percent or more when counting Fox films — commands three of the top five performing summer films in North America: The Lion King, Toy Story 4 and Aladdin. Globally, all three have earned north of $1 billion alongside Sony's Spider-Man: Far From Home, co-produced by the Disney-owned Marvel Studios.
>There's also Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Endgame, which hit theaters April 26, one week before the official start of summer. Endgame has earned $858.2 million domestically and $1.94 billion overseas for a worldwide haul of $2.8 billion, making it the top-grossing film of all time, not adjusted for inflation.
>"It's difficult to say the summer start is set in stone when for two years running, massive record-breaking Marvel films have been released in late April and generated hundreds of millions of dollars before the first Friday in May rolled around," notes Dergarabedian.
It's nice to know that despite your lip service to hating the mouse you people are here celebrating it's massive success

this 9.11 for ticket shit ain't flying with me. Got three kids, renting my shit and watching it on my 4k projector.

COPE

Cus Disney can't pick up the slack alone. Other studious make garbage no-one wants to see. 5 out of the 6 over 1B movies are from Disney with the 6th one also having creative control from Disney.

The year is not over retard

Slavery

every time i post this, i have to follow up with this image because you god damned fucking monkeys are dumber than dogshit. i need to find a board with more white people in it. god damn.

Attached: moviesdying5.png (233x191, 6K)

Holy shit a whole 6%! That means they only have $136,000,000,000 left!

And other than Maleficent Frozen and Star Wars it's going to be just as bad

Genuinely amazed how retarded this board is

frozen will make a gjillion dollars but SW an maleficent wont.
and one movie cant carry the rest of the year.
hollywood is fucked.

I am crying for the corporations ahh damn how cruel this world

im laughing and cheering.

6% in one year is a huge deal. especially when it is part of a multi decade trend, and especially when it is at the top of the business cycle. when the recession hits, hollywood is going to feel the pain hard.

>price doubled in 20 years
Anons what the fuck...

>Got three kids
to fuck?

End of the year is obviously a better time for sales than the start of the year, so you can't just round that shit up and get a correct "annualized" number

this is the end of the summer season, so the annualized rate is relatively high right now.

only Disney makes money, the other studios can't sell a movie to save their life.
even though Disney is massive they can't carry everyone on their back.

AND they stacked this year with a bunch of single event movies. next year will be a holocaust.

If a black swan event happen s and all their movies flop in a year what will happen

>next year will be a holocaust
lets hope so

Attached: 1543431331297.png (323x291, 105K)

no, the summer is the best time of the year for ticket sales. there is a term "summer blockbuster" for a reason

>*laughs in avengers*

Attached: evans laugh.jpg (1092x400, 111K)

pretty unlikely as Disney has big enough fan base that they are pretty much guaranteed at least 1 or 2 billion dollar movies each year

Got three kids

Attached: 1566111913384.jpg (504x389, 27K)

With an inflation rate of 3.5% you can expect a doubling time of right around 20 years.

Td = log(2) / log(1 + r)

Td = / log(1.035)

Td = 0.30103 / 0.01494

Td = 20.14926

The inflation rate in the US for the last 20 years has been closer to 2% or so but that's for the economy across the board. Prices for one category of goods/services going up slightly higher than inflation is not unusual at all.

>this 9.11 for ticket shit
Very disrespectful

>>With an inflation rate of 3.5% you can expect a doubling time of right around 20 years.
Why hasn't the minimum wage doubled in 20 years then?

I am so fucking happy that Hollywood is doomed and all its fucking parasites will commit suicide, this is the greatest news ever

I would rather it go back to the old days when we had good films.
I watch shitty 80s B-movies because I get more enjoyment out of them than nu shit.

>caring how much money huge corporations make
sincerely kill yourself, you have the shittiest hobby I've ever seen

Nobody fucking watches movies during the winter, you sperg.

It's almost like jews can't write for shit, and changing around existing stories can only get them so far.

because fuck poor people

We unironically have Marvel and Star Wars to thank for keeping theaters in business.

This guy fucks.

3 out of the top 5 highest grossing movies were released in December

>Hollywood celebs shit all over Americans
>Americans stop going to their movies
>Hollywood cries about it and blames Trump

yawn

Around Christmas time. Most of the box office came during January.

Idk, ask Congress.

which is still winter

How the fuck are you people this dumb?

>hollywood is dying.
>what was supposed to be a record breaking summer ended up being down 2% from last year.

Thing is...It's dying because they keep releasing shit films.. That + the netflix era is obviously not helping.
But it's not just a netflix issue. I can of course only speak for myself but...As far as i'm concerned, i no longer go to the cinema for 3 reasons.

1 - /POL/ (i unironically can't watch films without being distracted by SJW/marxist/feminist ideology sprinkled here and there..So much so that i rarely watch films anymore.). I mean, used to notice it before, but not as much as today. (after discovering /pol/), kinda def ruined my film enjoyment.

2) - Mediocrity. Films have gotten so bad that i no longer even bother pirating them online. Just lost interest (that plus the constant propaganda, cultural subversion also doesn't help).

3 - TV series.
Many series are actually better than 99% of films released today. I'm very selective about what i watch, but i occasionally binge watch quality shows that i simply find more interesting than 2h long films. True Detective season 1 comes to mind. Breaking Bad, or that German sci-fi series, "Dark".

That being said...I do make some exceptions. I recently went to see "Once upon a time in Hollywood". (ironic title considering it's slowly dying) but i did the effort, went to the cinema, why ? Because it's Tarantino, because even though i do not like all his films, i know for certain that i'm going to watch something "different". I fucking hated Inglorious Basterds & yet even that film (if i'm being honest with myself) had memorable and extremely well written scenes.

Not gonna bother seeing the latest Star wars. Why ? because the saga hasn't been good since the original trilogy. I may just may move my ass to see Cameron's Avatar 2. But then again , the original was meh. So maybe i'll skip that one too.

Attached: Fall of the Damned by Peter Paul Rubens.jpg (1866x2400, 1.95M)

kys

2017 will be. just wait for all the exciting movies in December!

cool painting

all it takes is one bad summer for hollywood to die

How much did you pay for a 4K projector, which model, and does it do HDR?

Shut up Epstein

God I wish. I want this nightmare to be over already.
Too bad the worst offender to the artform is still raking in billions upon billions and it is only going to get even bigger for the forseeable future.

Last two movies I actually went to the theater for were Fury Road and Rogue One. Maybe they could try making good movies.

This was a weak summer movie season aside from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Crawl. Maybe a couple others.

Vaudeville died, but other forms of entertainment were invented. Hollywood will die someday, but there will be something else.

It's even worse with population growth.

Agree with everything here except Tarantino being worth a cinema ticket.

Redpill me on 2002

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings mania.

>after discovering /pol/
cringe

spider-man 2 star wars clone wars, I can't think of anything else though

I hear ya on pretty much all those points bro.

>clone wars

That and everyone wanting a distraction from 9/11.

the 1998-2003 period was incredibly good for original movies, a few big franchises started while others made a comeback

no one said it was good, just that it was profitable

>spider-man 2
>2002

it's attack of the clones, dipshit

NOOOOO DELETE THIS THIS GOES AGAINST THE TRUMP NARRATIVE

USA IS DOING GREAT

>cringe
Cringe or not...It ruined 90% of my film experience. (even though i was aware of most of cultural subversion before /Pol/ but Yea Forums accentuated this problem)

Attached: dog selfie.jpg (750x728, 50K)

The United States would be better off if current Hollywood fell.

fucking hell the 2016 tourist meme is real

You don’t have to be a tourist to have /pol/ ruin everything for you.
Not who you’re responding to either.

Based

>I would rather it go back to the old days when we had good films.

That would be the ideal outcome but do you seriously think that's possible without 99% of the current Hollywood people dying

I don't know what that mean is about.
But all i can say is that before /pol/ I knew it was bad. After /pol/ I was shocked by how bad the situation truly is.

>They are still making billions.
What is inflation?

>6%

Wow it's fucking nothing.
Disney are still making trillions. They're still breaking records constantly.
Let me know when it's down 20%+.

>the 1998-2003 period was incredibly good for original movies,
Odd. I remember Doug Walker talking about how that period was the worst Hollywood history and how newer movies today are better than ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=kAGGsO23z_k

Attached: 56246245.png (492x256, 246K)

>breaking records because tickets prices keep going up.

Meanwhile less and less people are going to the movies°(reflected by less ticket sold).

Matrix 2 as well I think.

Once you really learn how the world is, the fantasy they make for you becomes unappealing and for good reason.

Honestly I'm really grateful that GodzillaKOTM didnt have all the bullshit sjw, feminist, etc sprinkled in as bad as the average movie. I actually really enjoyed the theater experience, probably the most fun I've had in a theater in years.

Pump out whatever remaining Godzilla movies WB/Legendary has in mind and then afterwards let Hollywood burn, I'll sit back and watch in enjoyment

*fewer

>All the Hollywood shills in thread nervous as fuck
I feel your pay checks drying up

Attached: tumblr_lydygcLKkC1r57t8v.gif (318x174, 491K)

jean grey is a tall supermodel with a big ass and big tits. get it right next time jews.

Oy vey! We need a hollywood bail out now! These dropping profits are not the principles america was built on! This is probably drumpfs fault!

That retard would say that sort of shit wouldn't he.
Meanwhile almost every significant original film from the 90s and 2000s that hollywood has been copying for the last 20 years was released in that era e.g.

>The matrix
>Gladiator
>Saving private ryan
>Fight club
>Lock stock
>Borne identity
>Sixth sense & unbreakable
>Blair witch
>Truman show
>Fear and loathing
>Ronin
>American beauty
>Memento
>Crouching tiger
>Battle royal
>Amile
>Spirited away
>Kill bill
>Lost in translation
>Ringu
>Etc. etc. etc.

Hollywood has been rehashing the style and concepts of borne, SPR, lock stock, ringu and blaire witch for the last couple of decades now.

>Doug Walker
Opinion discarded.

Attached: displeased.gif (420x420, 71K)