ITT: Fuck you I like it

ITT: Fuck you I like it.

Attached: Fuck you.jpg (1000x1500, 240K)

Great movie.

great movie

Our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

Excellent watch

Than you for suggesting I have The Sex, OP, but I like it too.

Yes.

Attached: kek.jpg (220x340, 23K)

Medievalkino

yeah great movie, saw it in there theatres when it came out.

Attached: book_smart.jpg (415x615, 97K)

>not liking 13th warrior

Attached: 1521526927881.gif (500x260, 3.97M)

LO THERE DO I SEE MY FATHER

LO THERE DO I SEE MY MOTHER AND MY SISTERS AND MY BROTHERS.

Attached: download (6).jpg (1280x720, 35K)

Attached: watchmen.jpg (317x445, 45K)

But everyone loves that movie already. The details in it are better than many historical movies. For example when Ibn Fadlan goes to the Rus camp they try a few languages to communicate with them. Eventually they talk in greek because many swedes in those times became mercenaries in the byzantine empire.

Fucking based Arabesque-Banderesque-Vikingesque K I N O

>I LOVE THIS FLOP MOVIE THE WISE ARAB TELLING THE STUPID UNWASHED WHITE MEN WHAT TO DO! REMINDS ME OF THE BEDROOM

Attached: 1566495360244.png (847x673, 57K)

Because its a great mix of horror, fantasy, history, bromance and action.

Fuck yes. This is a time capsule.

Did you even watch it? Because its the opposite, its the cultured, educated, self-absorbed arab thrown in a situation where he has to learn from the simpler vikings.

LO THERE DO I SEE THE LINE OF MY PEOPLE, BACK TO THE BEGINNING

>tfw we will never get the direcotr's cut

book was bretty gud tho

LO TO THEY CALL TO ME, THEY BID TAKE MY PLACE AMONG THEM, IN THE HALLS OF VALHALLA!

The Godfather Part III

>The maiden who wished to be put to death went here and there, and entered each of the tents where the head of each tent had intercourse with her saying: “Say to thy lord, I have done this out of love of thee.” On Friday in the afternoon they brought the maiden to a structure, which they had erected like a doorframe. She put both her feet on the palms of the men, and was lifted up onto this doorframe, and said her piece. Then they let her down again. Thereupon they put her up a second time. She repeated what she had done the first time, and then they let her down, and let her go up a third time. Again she did as she had done on the first two occasions. Then they gave her a hen. She cut off its head and cast it away. They took the hen and laid it in the boat. Thereupon I asked the interpreter what her actions meant. He said: “When they raised her up the first time, she said: ‘Behold, I see my father and mother’; the second time she said: ‘There I see all my deceased relatives sitting’; the third time she said: ‘There I behold my lord sitting in paradise, and paradise is fair and green, and around him are men and servants. He calls me; bring me to him.’”

>Then they led her to the boat. She took off the two armlets that she wore and gave them to the old woman whom they call the angel of death, who was to kill her. Then the slave girl took off two anklets that she had and gave them to the two maidens who had waited on her, and who were the daughters of the old woman known as the angel of death. Then the people lifted her onto the boat, but did not yet let her go into the tent. Hereupon came men with shields and staves and gave her a bowl of mead, whereupon she sang and drank it. The interpreter said to me: “With this she is bidding goodbye to her friends.” Then she was given another beaker. She took it and sang for a long time, while the old woman was urging her to finish the goblet, and to go
into the tent where her lord lay. I saw then how disturbed she was. She wished to go into the tent, but put her head between the tent and the side of the boat. Then the old woman took her by the head, made her go into the tent, and also entered with her. Whereupon the men began to beat their shields with the staves so that her shrieks would not be heard, and the other maidens become terrified. Then six men went into the tent, and all had intercourse with the girl. Then they placed her beside her dead lord; two men seized her by the feet and two by the hands. Then the old woman placed a rope in which a bight had been made, and gave it to two of the men to pull at the two ends. Then the old woman came to her with a broadbladed dagger and began to jab it into her ribs and pull it out again, and the two men strangled her until she was dead.

>A man of the Rusiya was standing beside me and I heard him talking to the interpreter, and I asked what the Rus had said to him. The interpreter answered that he said: “They, the Arab communities, are stupid.” So I asked: “Why?” He said: “You go and cast into the earth the people whom you both love and honor most among men. Then the earth, creeping things, and worms devour them. We, however, let them burn for an instant, and accordingly he enters into paradise at once in that very hour,” and he burst into immoderate laughter. He said: “His Lord sent the wind for love of him, so that he may be snatched away in the course of an hour.” In fact an hour had not passed when boat, wood, maiden, and lord had turned to ashes and dust of ashes. Then they built on the site of the boat that they had hauled up out of the stream something like a rounded mound. In the middle of this they erected a great beam of birch wood, and wrote upon it the name of the man and the name of the king of the Rus, whereupon they departed.

Is worth both reading the book and watching the movie, for diferent reasons.

If you want the true experiece, do both.

It is pretty much an old trope of white man going native except in reverse. People watching it even identify with the Arab because he acted more like modern man.

Mediocre at best
Not really a bad movie but truly a mediocre adaptation of an excellent graphic novel

I can't stand Banderas, and in this film he feels particularly out of place.

>Not really a bad movie but truly a mediocre adaptation of an excellent graphic novel

The intro is absolute kino. Watchmen is basically unfilmable. Considering that Snyder did a really good job apart from miscasting Ozymandes. I am sorry but the giant squid was really out of place in the graphic novel.

>that dolls drug trip

FUCKING KINO

same here. For me, the only bad part about it was Coppola's daughter acting. Other thant that it's kino.

One of those movies that was way better than the final product had the right to be, given the immense amount of drama it took to get it made in the first place.

Nobody hates this movie no matter how bad it is

That bit actually weirded me out, when old boy is talking Greek to Herger but Herger manages to put it together enough to respond in Latin, which has no resemblance to Greek.

>The intro is absolute kino
For you
>Watchmen is basically unfilmable
Probably, but I believe it could have been better if it had a format of a small serie like band of brothers
>Considering that Snyder did a really good job apart from miscasting Ozymandes
No he didn't. I could make a really long list of everything he messed up with: overall tone, characters psycology, etc

Attached: 1000_AL_.jpg (675x1000, 134K)

Attached: alexander-revisited-2.jpg (500x283, 45K)

>For you
CIA?

>No he didn't. I could make a really long list of everything he messed up with: overall tone, characters psycology, etc

Okay, shoot. I am interested in your opinion.

It's great I have never said anyone otherwise, it just wasn't a box office hit

Bloodborne is cool

It's not the white savior trope because the narrative doesn't form around Banderas' character he merely retells a story he is eye witness to.
He has very little impact on the actual things that happen. I think the only time he does anything that drives the plot is when he comes to the conclusion that the savages think they're bears.
Apart from that everything would've happened exactly the same if he was there or not. Beowulf (can't remember his name in the movie but it's essentially him) his men and the villagers would've acted exactly the same. Nothing changed because of Banderas he was not the hero of that story (that was Beowulf) but merely his own hero (surviving the harsh conditions he's not used to in a foreign land). He learned the ways of norse people. His role as ambassador was meant to reflect that after all.
It's not like city of joy or dances with wolves.

Kino AF.
A great remake of the Seven Samurai, they even had the final battle in rain, Banderas as the Katsushiro character. The seven samurai touches are largely Crichton (who came in to do reshoots).
The Predator like horror elements are all John McTiernan, which btw makes this a second remake of Beowulf that McTiernan has done.

>It's alright, little brother. There are more.
kino

Quit false flagging faggot

Why does everybody hate this movie for some odd reason? I think it's a really good action flick which is quite enjoyable and even operator-level to an extent.

Attached: 515bZshQxRL.jpg (337x500, 39K)

Interesting take on Beowulf.
To bad we cant like it anymore because cultural appropriation.

i think he came off as a little too polished and pretentious. You dont really connect with him until he connects with his masculinity.

>It's alright little brother - there are MORE!

*throws a goat's ass at the king*

Attached: 57341A00-A8F7-48B9-8FC9-AEFD7CE27506.jpg (1012x1500, 490K)

I didn't know people hated it. That's a shame. It's a great movie.

Genisys and Dark Fate makes this movie look like a masterpiece, in retrospect.

HONEY! IT'S MADE...FROM HONEY!!

Great payoff. Don't see moments like that in movies anymore.

What did he mean by this?
it's mctierkino fool

No one hates this movie, although fags who hate Seagal always bring it up as their favorite Seagal movie because he dies 15 minutes in.

Pic related.
Good post.

Attached: Miami Vice.jpg (5760x2400, 2.78M)

He probably had some Latin too, just not enough to converse.

THE CITY OF ZINJ

Attached: Congo-1995-Bluray-720p-Hindi-Dubbed-HD.jpg (800x1129, 306K)

nobody hates it, the coolest thing is the way it disposes of seagal

Attached: true-detective-season-2-omega-station-ep16-ss01-1920.jpg (780x438, 64K)

FROSTMOURNE HUNGERS

Attached: the_13th_warrior-3.jpg (800x500, 78K)

Attached: witcher.jpg (328x475, 52K)

Racist movie

the only user who recognized mctiernan's skill. good job, user.

How so?

Are you referring to the fact that Charles Monroe in the book is actually a white African?

It's definitely the best of the bad ones.
T1=T2>>>Salv>>>T3=Gen

Except Herger keeps speaking Latin, and the old dude translates it and responds throughout the whole choosing of the warriors. I just want to know how Herger made the intuitive leap between Greek and Latin when it's clear he didn't know Greek.

I love this movie, they accomplished quite a lot with the budget they had. Although I'm still looking for an uncut version, I remember there being more nudity than in the two copies I've found.

I don't have the scene in front of me but it sure sounds like they both understood Latin.

Attached: congo.png (500x269, 159K)

I liked this as well, tbqhwy. It's a solid action flick.

Omar sharif starts in Greek: "hegemona hymeteron, basileus hymeteron" and Herger replies in Latin: Noster rex tabernaculo. Non loquetur, quia mortuus est.
I think it was meant to be unsaid that once Herger replied in Latin that they could just continue in Latin.

>Aim for the bushes?

Attached: the-other-guys-original.jpg (1080x1600, 384K)

Aye, the epilogue to Michael's arc was something and I'll never understand the hate it gets. That confession scene got me choked up.

The Rock and SLJ are the best part. The rest is Will Farrell garbage.

Vikings were absolute garbage. Only a coping swede would claim otherwise.

This tbqhwy. Snowniggers are Cringe Tier. Sure, they're above actual niggers, I mean, they made some great ships, but... yeah.

featuring stannis king of scots

Attached: King_Arthur_2004_original_film_art_spo_2000x.jpg (1641x2416, 652K)

I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Attached: GczKffU.jpg (594x396, 42K)

For some reason, I always felt that this movie is super comfie to watch. Anytime I get a cold/flu, I always watch this movie and lotr

Comfy*