Twin Peaks: The Return

Now that the dust has settled, was it worth the 25 year wait?

Attached: douge.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gl7t5s37WbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More than worth it.
It was absolutely wonderful.

Attached: 1496893781768.jpg (895x1057, 180K)

overall, yes.
18 episodes was a bit much it could have been condensed in 12.

Fucking pleb just KYS

too much pointless doughie filler.
and Lynch himself had WAY too much screen time. watch him leering over his sexy assistent for 6 epsides was creepy.

>doughie filler
Dougie was the heart and soul of the show and pretty much every scene was gold.
Fix your heart or die

Attached: 1496933487249.jpg (760x569, 329K)

>LE BIG SUIT MAN
Lynch is such a hack. end yourself.

Attached: Taking Head.jpg (867x1134, 74K)

David Lunch lol

Attached: david lunch lol.png (640x443, 348K)

mmmmmmm ......... doughnut.

Attached: mmmmmmmmm.jpg (701x784, 77K)

Dougie haters have no soul.

Attached: 1501411464488.jpg (1080x1080, 172K)

Ok, so was the cage theory true? Because it seems like the only theory that makes sense. The Return was good, but the original series was far superior simply because its character interactions and not overly relying on CG. Though one of my favorite shots of The Return is anytime someone is guided to the Dutchmans hotel, and goes through that long hallway that is between two worlds, the forest and the hallway overlaying each other. Absolutely Kino

Attached: 1566506949129.png (128x128, 29K)

Yes.

I still want S4 though.

Attached: mr jackpots.jpg (540x540, 39K)

lycnehd

David Lynch and David Byrne are the same person.
prove me wrong. you cant.

Yes. I'm old; I watched Twin Peaks when it was on broadcast TV, and Fire Walk With Me has haunted me for 25 years. You cannot imagine what it was like realising the rumours were actually true and that there was FINALLY going to be closure on the story. And then seeing the first episode and realising not only was there going to be closure but that this was not some cheap cash grab but the most mindbending kino ever witnessed. It is just incredible. And Cooper *travelled back in time and saved Laura Palmer*.

Anyone wish Garland Briggs’ actor didn’t die? It would’ve been nice to see him try and save Cooper from the black lodge, it was hinted at in 2x22. I really wanted to see him interact with Bobby, he would’ve been proud that his dream fame true

LYNCHED

Attached: lynchian humor.webm (534x300, 2.98M)

I wish the insane midget would've come back for the large role that was written for him.
I also wish they'd written something for Chet

I'm not even 25 yet and I kind of envy you. I love Twin Peaks more than anything, but it must be a really special feeling to have had it with you for so long, and then have The Return arrive like a gift you never dared to hope for. I'm glad you got to experience that, user

Attached: 1502402350610.jpg (1396x1080, 195K)

It was great as it was airing and trying to figure it out going along. I'm finally doing a rewatch and it's pure kino, especially understanding the core plot (i.e. in an early episode, mr. c getting a call from sarah palmer/judy pretending to be jeffries. First watch the fun is trying to figure this out, but now I can just follow along as I'm going)

Without waiting for the nostalgia to hit, I can now just appreciate the dougie scenes as funny and heartbreaking at the same time. You can also separate the easter eggs, red herrings and allusions rather than trying to figure out how they fit into the plot.

I could watch the BTS for days and not get bored. I hope there's some good stuff in the new release and I hope it gets uploaded quick. I'd buy it but I literally don't have the money

>BTS
BTS for The Return? Shiit I didn't even know this existed. Will check out now.

Yeah, the BluRay. There's a torrent for just the extras. They're goddamn great, but be ready for some obnoxious creative choices by the guy who filmed and edited most of them. You'll know what I'm talking about. Fucks with them a little bit, but not enough to really ruin anything. Great content anyway.

Attached: 1488129214598.gif (360x240, 985K)

Was Sarah Palmer Judy?

Judy inhabited Sarah/fed off her trauma.

me on the left

Judy is in her house.

Attached: 1501282958075.png (500x500, 155K)

And when did that happen? Like when did Sarah stop being Sarah because in the first two series the poor woman is just absolutely broken

It's perfect. And ultimately the message is that you should "go outside and fuck." Sure, there's a lot more to it... but overall it's a Wizard of Oz remake crossbred with End of Evangelion.

Attached: 1561520172711.png (720x1080, 216K)

It was better than anything I could have realistically hoped for. It did a lot of things different than I expected but it never felt like a letdown. Maybe could have had a more optimistic ending but I can see why they decided on the one they did.

Attached: tpreturnmedium.png (1379x1781, 3.78M)

why is the bottom row cropped?

Spare a thought for all those poor bastards out there who waited 25 years like me, but real hardcore TP fans who browsed the fan sites and went to Twin Peaks conventions dressed as the Log Lady, and bought all Mark Frost's crappy books... And then TPTR came out....... And they DIDN'T LIKE IT. That's got to hurt so much.

Probably does hurt, but I don't even try to empathize. Can't be helped anyway. I'm just glad it was everything I didn't even know I wanted.

Absolutely

Attached: 1496772544348.png (440x485, 313K)

>TAKE A LOOK AT THESE DUBS

Evil Coop getting interrogated is an underrated scene, I can't tell if his voice is slowed down or it's just an artifact of the speakers but it's unnerving as shit, especially when he repeats himself verbatim.

Attached: 1517842675623.png (611x356, 305K)

Wrong David..just stop

youtube.com/watch?v=gl7t5s37WbQ

Attached: Twin Peaks S03E05 The Return - Part 5.mkv_snapshot_30.02_[2019.08.14_22.11.16].jpg (1280x718, 48K)

"Cage theory" sounds like some reddit jargon. Why don't you bring back this nugget them. The Dutchman's is the only realm not corrupted by Judy at this point. Store is all burned, horse is shitting on the chevron floor, Fireman explicitly says she's in the tighty whitey, Jumping Man is running down the stairs in The Zone, she's falling through the void with Cooper.

>*too much pointless filler.
this

That old bag's hand was seen by Desmond beckoning him over to the trailer. It didn't read on film though. It was there though.

What was the jumping man anyway

Most kino moment in the whole series

Attached: Twin Peaks S03E16 The Return, Part 16.mkv_snapshot_29.51_[2017.11.14_01.57.31].jpg (1280x718, 90K)

Visually wonderful but an absolute fucking waste otherwise

Not really. It's great, but mostly just a moment of dopamine rush and nostalgia for people who were waiting for it. I wasn't waiting, I was thoroughly enjoying the ride

... was when Dougie made friends with the Mitchums.
Gotta remember to finish your posts user.

How it get in her. Only get in if you let it in. Word of Lynch, word of canon. Word of the Scriptures. Closed all all angels and demons by default.

Leland clearly bent over his little butthole for BOB and got some Twin Pearls all over himself. Opened up wide. Tried to beat Laura down into opening. No one said that some little demon can crawl in your mouth while you're asleep. What's she been playing at.

When did Bill Pullman invite that dracula into his house?

Who here /skipfag/
Also what happened to josie?

Which leaves her open. Time doesn't exist. Hello bug. Hello "Jeffries" from NYC.

>Who here /skipfag/

Attached: 1502702241686.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

Lynch himself would readily condone skipfagging late Season 2.

Then there are those of us who only saw the Jeffries / convenience store scene on pay cable 25 years ago and have only thought about important things like formica and corn and white suits the whole time, only taking in the universe once knowing it would be continued.

Wait when was Jeffries in NYC?

FUCK who dressed those scenes, I read her table the way I try to decode the beans in a jar and congressman's dilemma. What's she been up to?

sounds pretty wicked.

Attached: 1433365378768.png (511x560, 256K)

Been lending out her pin for some scratchwork on one of her cards

A talisman [of Judy] come to life, [made of smoke and wood and fire, malice, masked with pointed proboscis to pierce between two worlds, interfering with static when her name is spoken]

Attached: TwinPeaksJumpingMan01.webm (1536x832, 2.56M)

When was "Jeffries" talking out of Sarah Palmer's mouth last? I'm in the Black Lodge with Agent Cooper she said. In the ass she'd fuck him.

How do you know it was Sarah Palmer pretending to be Jeffries?
What are you saying?

Why would she know what scratches to make, other than Sycamore Street / the gate in the area / good snort. The Sparkle was not Mr. C since he was only elected their leader late. So her good snort was not magic.

Can i just watch the return or do have to watch the previous seasons?

A shame Heather Graham didn't return for the return. Sexiest woman of twin 'eaks.

Because she wants him and her want is greater than any he imagines he's ever had, or spoken of

Are you retarded? Seriously

I'm pretty sure most of the role that would eventually become that of Diane was originally written for Annie.

I'm more sure of inane horseshit like that I'm sure all of Inland Empire happened to Diane while she was fucked off in the stars

Attached: 1520489089307.jpg (600x918, 102K)

Who the fuck was Mr Strawberry and why was their a dog leg in Mr Cs trunk?

in audreys scenes was billy = cooper and tina = laura? who was charlie supposed to be? i got lynched with this character. what did you anons think about the direction her character took anyway?

Mr Strawberry was the dog. Did you even watch the show brainlet?

I think what's funnier is that the guy whose name he invoked to the warden clearly divulged the information about Mr. Strawberry to the FBI, where Mr. C handily accessed the information with his laptop only the night prior.

So the mystery of Mr. Strawberry is something that special agents probably crack the fuck up about all the time. Less now that they had to peel his head off the driveway.

retard

>Oh, yeah? When was that, Cooper? When did we last see each other?
>At yourrrr housssse.
What did Dale "Mr. C" Cooper mean by this?

Attached: 1497952346403.jpg (642x636, 143K)

Wait was it the warden's dog? How did Mr C know to kill his dog before he was even arrested?

Dog of the Warden, I presume, Joe McCluskey was a guy that Warden did something really bad to, and the threat of spilling the beans on the topic AND getting close to the Wardens family intimidated him enough to release doppelcooper.
He wanted to be taken into custody from the start, in order to release Ray and obtain the coordinates. He planned it from the moment he killed Daria.

That's the correct question, and the answer is the question you're responding to.

Joe McClusky revealed the name Mr. Strawberry and his ties to pernicious deeds that the warden is involved in. Mr. C could have FBI access above Cole's level. Powerful hax. The dog would give two other parties proof or something, or compromise the warden, or make McClusky's information actionable against him somehow.

From the start of what? Ray's ingenious plan to get himself arrested and placed in a Federal prison? He didn't even look up the prison until he knew Ray was in it. Then Ray got a gun in there and iced him. Jeffries set the whole thing up. Think on it.

Dougie blowing him the fuck out effortlessly from miles away as always

i miss u /tpg/

literally cured my summer depression

Attached: 1 1 9.png (766x809, 1.21M)

Beyond kino

119 is cute

Real depression isn't cured by browsing in imageboards.

>Norma and Ed finally get together after all these years
>Norma died a year later
Oof

My interpretation was that Charlie was her doctor and/or psychologist who she personified as her husband because she's a total mental case

When he learned about Ray being locked up. He checked out the layout of the prison and any information pertaining to the man running the place. It's possible that he'd have enough time to kill the doggo during the night, then give the other legs to Hutch and Chantal. And iirc Jeffries gave Ray the gun and instructions on what to do after he got himself arrested like a moron, I don't remember Ray being in jail as a part of their original plan. Both sides were basically improvising after Ray's arrest. I'd be happy if you could correct me though.

Charlie was self insert by Lynch. The actress was a nightmare to work with, which the line "Do i need to write you out of the story"alluded to.

perfection

Attached: 1500316427580.jpg (504x375, 26K)

Peggy Lipton died, Ed and Norma are still happy together until s4 disproves it

>s4

Attached: ERNIE NILES 4KUHD.png (640x480, 533K)

>can i skip the first 2 seasons and the movie of a really confusing show, and just watch season 3

I can't believe this incredibly useful chart hasn't been posted in this /tpg/ thread yet.

Attached: TWIN PEAKS SURVIVAL GUIDE.jpg (904x814, 397K)

Attached: MKi3WkH.jpg (851x831, 65K)

Best girl
You cant argue

Attached: Madchen.webm (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Beta version? Needs to be updated for season three. It's been almost two years since season 3 concluded

anons of /tpg/, is it necessary for me to watch the first two seasons of tp to watch firewalk with me? cuz I really don't wanna watch the show but the movie interests me.

all of s3 (and fwwm) can be skipped

>best grill

Attached: 1553562432106.jpg (1047x1222, 715K)

It kinda is a prequel so you could probably watch it without watching the series first, but why would you watch exclusively just that one thing, that is a part of a larger narrative is beyond me.

Bobby had the most based character arc in the whole show.

Attached: 1500333543651.jpg (800x500, 40K)

Because I prefer movies over shows. Also because I'm gonna do a David Lynch binge and I need to know if that movie is standalone enough.

A gaoler no one ever saw before gave him the gun in jail right before he was let go

DONT FUCKING SAY IT

Attached: 1500073335039.jpg (493x493, 49K)

It's better than fucking Serenity, bean juicer

Lynched

Oh, that guy didn't act like any victim! Douglas Jones, he moved like a cobra!

Initially, I didn't like that Showtime streched the season a bit, but in the end it was pretty good so I don't mind it much

Redpill me on the cage theory

No it's not standalone enough. FWWM can only be appreciated completely if you watched the first two seasons of the show and enjoyed them.

>Lynch himself had WAY too much screen time. watch him leering over his sexy assistent for 6 epsides was creepy.

Lynch is a legit pussy slayer irl, and the FBI segments were the best parts next to Dougie/Mr. C.

Ah fuck guess I'll have to postpone the movie then. Thanks for an actual answer.

2017 was a pretty shitty year for me but marathoning the david lynch films i didn't see before watching s3 with Yea Forums during that summer was pretty based

ONE ONE NINE, it should have been 119 episodes.

Attached: luckynumber.jpg (702x861, 144K)

>"Yrev-..Very, good to see you old friend"

this is UNIRONICALLY a better show than the original series