Having different teams randomly win each season because of draft shenanigans, salary caps and forced transfers is...

>Having different teams randomly win each season because of draft shenanigans, salary caps and forced transfers is... LE GOOD

Attached: Fuck meritocracy n shiet.jpg (474x474, 29K)

Parity is a good thing.

This but unironically

Forced parity is meaningless. It's just feel like watching lottery winners.

>Parity is a good thing
kys commie

>noooo we need to see buyern win for the umpteenth time again!

Attached: CE411339-2074-426F-8187-1ABAD844F1B0.jpg (2048x1137, 223.28K)

It’s more interesting than watching Real Madrid or Barcelona dominate for 20+ years just on the basis they have more money than the other clubs

Being rewarded for failure is good. Punishing teams for being shit by relegating them is just cruel.

It is, but the US sports go too far in the opposite direction to be respectable in that regard. For example, having two divisions which only play a limited number of games against sides from the other, then putting a few teams from each group into a play-off and calling the winner the best in the country... that's the most retarded fucking thing I can think of

t. Evertonian

>NOOOOOOOO I NEED TO SEE FAKE MADRID WIN AGAIN FOR THE 15TH YEAR IN A ROW

kek

This is the one thing NFL does better than European football. The Bengals went from last in their division to almost winning the Super Bowl. Someone like that could never happen in regards to winning a domestic league and then Cl

>American sports have parity they said
>my team's been shit for almost 40 years

com'on atleast let them have that one
there might be a lot of thins wrong with american sports but that one isnt one of them, its acually better than what we have here

>forced playoff system that lets in half the teams after a marathon season
you missed the biggest culprit

Parity ruined the NHL.

I would kill for all of our leagues to be 20 teams, home and away, 38 games and relegation. Maybe not NFL but everything else would be nice.

It’s better than le richest team wins lmao

Yeah because the leafs winning every cup is a good thing.

Why?

Sucks to suck.

It does, both yuro and american general systems of sports leagues are shit on each end. it's pretty fucking gay to see some 83-79 team limp around all season and have a couple pitchers get hot for 3 weeks. hockey had a team with a losing record win a decade ago
>cue queen song

Euro footy is 100% decided by which clubs are willing to spend £300 million+ on players

No amount of parity could ever help the laffs. Enjoy the impending implosion.

Whats the problem? Sounds like Dodgers, Red Sox, Yanks Ect.

That's why baseball is a dying boomer/spic sport

I actually think that rewarding the shittiest team is cringe and it results in embarrassing franchises like the Sacramento Kings who have not fielded a competitive team in over 15 years but still get to be part of the biggest basketball league in the world.

We should do some kind of middle ground. Top half of the league makes the playoffs and competes for the championship, bottom half of the league makes the loser playoffs and whoever wins the loser playoffs gets the #1 pick in the draft. Whoever gets last place in the loser playoffs gets relegated.

Attached: 1616764118205.jpg (800x600, 49.66K)

Technically the Montreal Canadiens have the most Stanley Cup trophies at 24.

Attached: E6DE91F0-EB81-4C49-8324-30AB0AB677E8.jpg (625x468, 46.25K)

Yeah most of them are from when there were 6 teams in the league. Counting those trophies is like counting pre-merger championships in the NFL.

There's not a great answer here from where I sit. Sports are on one hand some form of primal warfare LARP and as such the strongest teams with the most resources shouldn't have to give an inch of ground to the weaker, smaller market teams, and on the other hand a form of entertainment wherein you don't want power to become too concentrated or there's no fun (or money) in the entire spectacle, and a majority of the fans become dispossessed. I don't know how to reconcile those two but as long as a given league strikes something that can reasonably be considered a "balance" I guess that's all I can ask for. Beyond that, I don't want to obsess over whether the format is perfect as it ruins the escapism element.

Attached: tumblr_n183mk28S71trdcjwo1_400.gif (400x285, 965.53K)

And what makes the Brady-Belichick Patriots the greatest sporting franchise in history. Even with the myriad of league rules in place to prevent a dynasty, they still managed to go to the playoffs 17 times, go to the Super Bowl 9 times, and win it 6 times.

It's not "random".
The best teams usually win each year.
Same with the CL, but they CL has infinitely more refball than ant NFL game.

Brady is a definitive fraud. And the only reason the Pats won 6 was because their opponents were retarded, or they cheated.

The concept of teams intentionally tanking is abhorrent. I know the teams say they aren't tanking, but I also say I don't find feet sexy.

so, rewarding bad teams more than good teams is obviously bad, but what about a 5% tax on all signings that gets redistributed evenly among all other teams? that way when PSG spends 200 mil on neymar ligue 1 bottom feeders get some cash. is the only problem with this that ligue 1 teams are handicapped with competing for transfers when other clubs don't pay this tax

Attached: 1517317430358.jpg (1078x862, 260.44K)

imagine sports where the same teams always win
imagine a system where hundreds, no thousands of teams never have a chance to actually compete
no matter what city an American is born near they at least have realistic hope that the team there can win a championship

>The concept of teams intentionally tanking is abhorrent.
This and it's why as a Philadelphian I have never supported the Shitxirs
>b-but the Eagles also tanked a game
one game, and it eliminated the Giants from the playoffs which was absolutely competitive gamesmanship against a division opponent

Can't wait to see which of the 3 La Liga teams wins the title next year

>Randomly

Tardpost & still obsessed

It's even more extreme

>forced transfers
what is OP referring to here? no league forces anyone to leave their team or join a new team.

>oh well the guy we drafted is ending his rookie contract and we have to give him the supermax so that means we can't keep our other star

I'm not sure how this is different from European sports. Technically you could sign a guy to a lifelong contract if you wanted but it's an obviously bad investment.

>I'm not sure how this is different from European sports
No salary cap to begin with

I mean there are four major sports leagues in North America and I think only half of them have salary caps. In any event, to equate a salary cap to "forced transfers" seems like a bit of a stretch.

Yes

>oh well the guy we developed in our academy is using our team as a stepping stone and going to play for bayern next season and win the championship for the next 10seasons in a row while we got nothing other than getting to see him play for us that 1 season

>be nfl
>taxpayers pay for most stadiums
>taxpayers pay for academy via state colleges
>exploit players with horrible labor agreements until they cte themselves
>literally print money

>be soccer club business
>go into crippling debt
>fifa takes your best players every so often for national tournaments
>they get career ending injuries, lol that's a you problem
>relegation means financial oblivion
>have to deal with literal nation state owned teams

cool it with the antisemitism you guys

Nope

It is though?

Yes.
>muh economic determinism

Nope.
>muh economic determinism
Literally makes qualify for CL, dodging relegation, or getting promoted from league 1 more significant than a superbowl win

>qualify for CL, dodging relegation, or getting promoted from league 1 more significant than a superbowl win
Yeah that would be the problem.

Attached: laughing broads.jpg (1022x1433, 332.1K)

Parity makes the sport interesting.

Having some random oil oligarch spend a billion plus on player contracts to own the entire league for years at a time is bullshit.

sounds very commie of you user

Cope and seethe

>>exploit players with horrible labor agreements until they cte themselves
LOL you're retarded.
>minimum is $480k a year to play a fucking game
>three year minimum for a scrub is over $700k
>average in 2017 was 2.7 MILLION a season
Fuck off. A GOOD salary is considered $100k a year. These low iq fags make in one season what a high level worker makes in 27 years. Kill yourself.

What are the Patriots?

Care to explain these three things, user?

Yup