sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2022/essentials

>Guide to Football Manager:
guidetofootballmanager.com/

>Tactic and Strategy Guides:
community.sigames.com/topic/495115-tactic-and-strategy-guides/

>Training and Mentoring Guides:
community.sigames.com/topic/495114-training-and-mentoring-guides/

>Team Talks:
strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

>Macca's official /trb/ database:
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe (2015)
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap(2016)

Attached: 1479763413936.jpg (1994x1332, 866.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3t1EjdKByk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: so true.jpg (960x680, 149.59K)

>the city of the Edinburgh Hibernian's city
Thanks Scotland kek

Attached: the city of hibs city.jpg (440x446, 57.63K)

>Be 7th-10th place team
>Loan in 3-4 first team players from champions league teams during summer window by substantially overpaying
>Win league
>Loans end
>Return to 7th-10th place following season
>Know I'm just a few players away from competing for the league every season
>Players good enough cost too much for transfers
>Players good enough don't want to join
>Players on free choose by bigger clubs
>Even 31-35 year old guys being let go by big clubs won't consider me
How do I get out of this situation?

sign younger players on long term contracts so they can't leave

What's the cheapest you can buy 2022 game rn?

League was pretty interesting this year. Leicester won the Europa in the end, so West Ham got a qualification spot. Chelsea had a big surge at the end of the season, winning 3 and drawing 2 of their last 6 games.

Attached: 20220505035715_1.jpg (1920x1080, 295.92K)

If you're safely 7-10th you should be spending your money and squad room on hot prospects and either aiming to develop them into better players than you have or getting a big sale that'll let you.
Then with the money you either get even more of them, even better prospects or some better immediate first teamers who you couldn't afford before.

Other way is to just take transfer listed players but they're pricier for less upside

>I'll put the "B" team of "our" boys, see how they do.

mfw

Attached: our_B_team.jpg (1920x1070, 622.97K)

>press, hoof and spam cross tactics are close to maxxing out what I can get from my really bad squad
>even with better players would need to sign 4-5 specific positions to actually switch tactics to something more ambitious
Becoming increasingly sympathetic towards Dyche and Pulis types.
When you start with keeping up a properly weak team it's hard to know when to trust them to do more.

I'm always curious to see the setup tactics, as in pic related, which can tell sometimes if that's optimally set up or contradictory in other ways..

See pic related.

Attached: Starfield Farms SP_2.jpg (883x969, 143.72K)

sign players on free transfers. look at slightly bigger clubs than you and find players whose contracts are due to end at the end of the season and scout the hell out of them, you can always find a few gems

How long did it take you to get them to the prem and how long after arriving did you win it?
I’m currently stuck in the vanarama conference with Chorley, got close to play offs a few times but mid season slump always kills me

these two were made for each other

Attached: pepspurs.jpg (1440x900, 186.06K)

Wait for the Nxtgen 50 best kids report and sign all the South Americans on it.

My wage budget is 60k pw I'm spending 7k pw, the club has made a £2m profit this season and they still won't let me hire a single data analyst who'd be on like £300 a week max

what really grinds my gears is when i have 200 thousand dollars in available payroll, and the board will let me sign as many players to eat that entire amount up, but if i want to sign a few really good players at a 40k per week, they tell me i'm capped to offer them 30k
no option to interact with the board about it either
we have all this money and i can't offer good players decent contracts, but they don't care if i sign 10 shitters for 5k a week each

So keep wonderkid hoarding line I did to get to mid-table? Cool…

current players will want much more on renewal, and they dont want an imbalanced squad
one or two big earners + shitters usually isnt sustainable [irl], you only ever see it in commie leagues like china and mls where financial stability isnt an issue, its stuff like league imposed wagecaps and nationality restrictions

why doesn't SI pay the japs what they're owed to have the J league in the game?

Don't think they have any motive to
Not a big potential customer base and dedicated fans who want it know how to mod

iirc J-League has an exclusive contract with PES so it can't be sold to anyone else

Never seen the golden generation text before
(it's because my starters are so bad that it's easy to have potential to be better than them)

Attached: 20220505165837_1.jpg (1920x1080, 211.55K)

Yeah iirc I've also got that
What's extra dumb is that the league has signing restrictions so it's not actually possible to catch up to my budget

>get 3 new players during transfer window
>first two are midfielders, third is central defender
>the CD (I signed him after the midfielders) makes me promise to strengthen midfield
>transfer window ends, CD gets pissy saying I broke a promise and he's going to look for a different club
Hate this game.

Has anyone tried We Are Football?

Is it good?

Trying to sort out my logos for fm19 because for some reason the competition ones aren't working and the main TCM pack is behind a 15 euro paywall lol

They don't even own any of the assets in there the greedy bastards

Anyone use man marking settings?
I've always ignored them but after that user asked about zona mista I decided to give that approach a go with the back 5 man marking and the midfield and forwards pressing like mad

No idea if it'll work

I swear the way reputation works in this game is fucking retarded.
>Be me playing FM19
>managing Palermo going on to win multiple titles. Winning CL 10x in a row
>one of the best players on team gets upset cause "random Pl team that just got sugar daddy money" comes in and wants to buy them
>set a fee of 150m if they want him
>they turn it down
>player gets upset "why won't you let me leave, I want to play at a higher level!"
>mfw

Attached: 1406566749644.png (200x200, 68.69K)

Thoughts on Semin?

Attached: Semin.png (1920x1022, 405.03K)

Huge talent, and underrated because of how injury prone and /weakmind/ he was. 4-6 concentration is about right but that determination is 13 points too high

Attached: 230px-Alexander_Semin_2013-02-01_151_Wikipedia.jpg (230x322, 25.39K)

>Promise to sell them at X amount of dollars
>Transfer list them for $10k
>Auto reject all bids
>Player accepts no offers were submitted that meets the promised price
Fuck the oil money clubs

If a team with good players get relegated, should I try to make bids early before the summer hits? or wait until they are placed in the lower league?

should i sign him before his value moons?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1008x212, 40.01K)

is a players height not actually an attribute? like the game engine considers jumping height ahead of their actual height when calculating who wins a header?

youtube.com/watch?v=X3t1EjdKByk
Some info on training modules and example of SI just making shit up probably because they don't know how their own game works

Yes, the only thing that matters is jumping reach. Height increases the odds of having a higher jumping reach and plays a role in the animations. For example, your 2 meters tall center back won't even have to jump many times. But, I think, that height also influences weight and strength so it's probable that a taller player is stronger or has the potential to be.

yes, if they are under 180cm its a hidden confidence and morale decrease

>86th minute
>winning 3:1
>slow down tempo, time wasting, be more disciplined, slow the pace down
>90+3
>3:3
Heh, nothing personel kid.

you probably got all panicky and animated like >poop

it's your tactics

why would you watch that subpar shit instead of simply following scripture, meaning my schedules.

Attached: training_summary_2.jpg (1856x802, 288.29K)

I love autistic shit like this t b h, with tables and stuff no clickbait or memes like Zealand (the only one I've seen videos off).

Obviously you understand how training works, you have your Excel tables (me too, super useful) and your schedules are good, but the only reason why you have those training ratings is that your players are created and are Model Citizens, etc. So your results cannot be extrapolated to a normal team.

what, you mean you don't love it when Zealand sings the loans song every video for two minutes?

you are correct in that the average rating is very high because of Model Citizens, I don't dispute that for one second. However my schedules can be applied to any type of personality, with lesser results but will always be way better than default schedules which are shit.

Training depends on a lot of stuff, we can only test stuff out and then conclude which makes sense. I'm wondering how big of an impact for example Coach personalities have on training. How Directof of Football and obscure roles like this might have on development. etc..

Attached: training_2024.jpg (1892x688, 144.52K)

I am not at my computer so can't check, but I remember spending a couple of seasons in the National North and then a couple in the National, blitzed League 2 and 1, I think I won the Championship in my second season and then barely avoided relegation first time in the prem (was 16th or 17th iirc) and then mid table, UCL spot, champions. I haven't lost a prem season since but my cup runs have been spotty as have my Champion's League runs, but a lot of this was down to the fortune of throwing all of my eggs in the "try and get a 3rd round FA Cup tie" when I was still semi professional. I think I had an away to West Ham and an away to United by the time I was in League 2, and I basically burned that money to progress quickly. I was also helped by having (what I think is) the best work permit brexit rules in FM19, which is the "youth work permits for anyone paid 3k/week, full work permits for anyone paid 8k/week". It fucking sucks in the lower tiers as you can't sign some random Nigerian national for 800 a week, but by the time you hit the Championship it becomes a literal easy mode.
I will note that this save was atypical, my laptop save with FC United of Manchester was stuck in Conference North for 12 seasons and then plateaued at League 2. The Guiseley save is where everything just came together, some good released youth players from top clubs (well good for a conference club to snap up), a couple of promising youth players I was able to sell on, a few cup runs to fill up the war chest and a fortuitous buyout (not in the sense that I got a sugar daddy or anything, I just got a board which didn't care about any philosophies and let me do my own thing).
Good luck user, I would say that getting to the Football League is the hard bit, if you survive the first season in League 2 you should have a fairly easy go of it up to the Championship.

>finish third season, second in top flight
>finish 3rd
>fairly shitty attendance, worst in the league, avg. 2200 or something
>board decides to build a stadium because we're playing in a different city right now, loaning a stadium
>they're building it with the exact minimum amount needed to have it registered in the league, which is only 4500
fuck this board is not thinking much ahead, I'll be fucking around in european cups in a season or two

Attached: 245066741_4286419401411095_3156346896483056273_n.jpg (1365x2048, 545.42K)

The twenty year rule and my board deciding to build the new stadium as we left the Championship means that despite being the biggest club on Earth according to rankings and metrics (for about a decade no less), I have basically been stuck playing in the King Power.
At least I have been a stingy transfer manager running a selling club, so I now have about 600 million in the bank with about three seasons left before they will consider a new stadium.
How much should I try to have saved before the new stadium gets planned? I want to optimise the chance they build a properly large one, but not sure if I will need a billion in the kitty to fund it.

>Just looked it up
>Websites are saying it is 25 years, not 20
Fucking kill me not sure I can tough it out.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how happy my board is gonna be when we'll play in europe in different cities because they fucking built a 4500 seat stadium with no roof
I was annoyed when I managed Chrobry who build a 11,900 one, but this is something else

I think that coaches personalities of your U-19 have an effect on your Youth Candidates, not only the Head of Youth Development. Also, Determination, Discipline and Motivating have been proven to be very important for your coaches regardless of being first team or youth. I only hire (Model) Professionals or Model Citizens anyway.

What is the lowest CA a player with 199 PA would get to? Let’s say a balanced personality, no player traits, 16 years old with a 100 CA starting out.

Actually they shifted from PES to FIFA a few years ago, and now they're in both games in PES' abortion called eFootball. Ironically the modders who fixed SI's lock on the homepage of Japanese clubs in FM are Japanese, but that's anecdotal. Reminds me I never managed there, although I did manage in Thailand.

They don't wanna, they probably don't have the money. They probably don't have researchers doing it for free to get reliable info there either compared to England that almost has a head researcher per club. The irony is that FM is a perfect fit for the smartphones and garbage PCs that Japs use, and that FM is published by a Japanese company. SI cannot even get most citizenship rules right.

Attached: Ackchyually.png (700x700, 20.78K)

When I did a Turkish save they built a new stadium after promotion in my first season because of not playing in the home town and it was only a 6k seater lol

A lot of saves in places like Turkey/Israel/Russia have builds like that because so many clubs groundshare in the lower tiers

Had some winnable ties so I thought I could sneak my way into some coefficient points and money immediately but now I'm gonna get dyched

Attached: 20220506150741_1.jpg (1920x1080, 239.01K)

>FC Vaduz
did you win the conference league last year and that is how you are in the europa league?

This is 19 so they just have the lichenstein europa spot every year
iirc you can't ever make the cl even if you win the europa so unless they've changed the rules irl they're probably perma conference irl now even if they win

What exactly is the reasoning behind why Liechtensteiner teams can't enter the Champions League, even if they win the Swiss league?
Could Swansea enter the Champions League?

Federations buy their spots and they figured it was a waste of money to buy a CL spot when their best team can't make it through europa qualifying
better to spend the money on grassroots

Oh and I think you also have to have a league for CL spots
They just have a domestic cup and then every single team plays in the swiss system

What do you lads think about playing without wingers and relying only on wingbacks / fullbacks? I've started a new safe and I'm playing pic related right now and I've only lost 1 game out of 18 in second LaLiga. However, I'm worried I might get wrecked once I get promoted.

Attached: 1648004189549.png (826x983, 451.56K)