You fuckers tricked me into thinking this was edgy and overrated...

You fuckers tricked me into thinking this was edgy and overrated. This was one of the most redpilled movies I ever watched.

Attached: MPW-121655.jpg (500x750, 95K)

I've never heard it mentioned here, but maybe it's for the best. Amazing movie, which is why it became a cult classic I guess.

its got some great shots and a great sound track but lol come on dude

How old are you?

my favorite deep movie when i was 16

Attached: 1531854850296.png (891x939, 612K)

It has a great feel to it. Very comfy movie. But you can't deny it's an edgy 15 year old's favorite film. Fight Club also has a bit of that but at least it has other things to take from the story when you're older and rewatch it. Donnie Darko has nothing an adult can appreciate

reminder that the old lady at the end is right
we all die alone

It's exactly the other way around. Fight Club is for edgy teenagers only. Donnie Darko actually has religious undertones

It's not overrated, it's good. Loved it as a teenager. Wouldn't want to watch it now as an adult though

>This was one of the most redpilled movies
how was it red pilled?

I watched Fight Club with my father recently, it was his first time seeing it and he loved it. I remember making him watch Donnie Darko with me like a decade ago because I thought it was super awesome and edgy so he'd love it too. He hated it.

gen x hates it, gen y loves it, and gen z has no idea it exists

>Wouldn't want to watch it now as an adult though
why not? if it came out today it would be gushed over even moreso than garbage soi-fi films like Arrival and Annihilation

this
Fight Club has some good moments but all the ending is awfully done

your dad has shit tastes

I watched it for the first time as an adult and I liked it.

Its a good movie when you're a teenager but thinking its not edgy and overrated is wrong man. When you heard "Everyone dies alone" or the smurfette monologue did you think, "Wow bro, thats really deep."

Just makes me cringe how much my edgy 15 year old me adored this movie, id probably like it watching it for the first time now

i hope to god you didnt watched the directors cut because that one was shit compared to the slightly less worst version of the theatrical

Celar door my bitches

The directors cut makes it a 5/10 instead of 8 or 9, incredible how you can trash up a good movie. Changing the music alone was pure sin

Now, he's saying it should more be seen as an alternative cut than a director's cut and that he only made it because they asked him to do it for the DVD edition. He pussied out.

Gen X fag here.....I enjoyed it, but that mainly may be due to the fact it takes place in 1988 (when I would have been Donnie's age). Soundtrack is excellent, and the atmosphere is top notch, however it does have its issues as an overall film. Still above average at least for a kino escapist ride.

>This

The music change was the most jarring, particularly when you expect certain tracks to sync. Nothing against INXS, but the opening scene will always be better with Echo & The Bunnymen.

Fight Club's religious undertones are even better, seeing as the film is almost a critique of mass movements entirely

your dad has great taste

UPVOTE!! LOL!!!!!

> ctrl+f
> suck a fuck 0 results

You guys attracted reddit

if you liked that, watch Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me - a lot of influence from those Lynch works on Donnie Darko