This should get criterion release

This should get criterion release

Attached: Manhunter_michael_mann_film_poster.jpg (252x394, 16K)

it's shit Mann is a hack. Red Dragon > Manhunter

i'm sure they would if they could, but Shout! Factory got it. besides, Criterion aren't the only guys that do good work. all the "prestige" a Criterion release carries is mostly marketing plus being the first guys in North America to produce home video releases of culturally/artistically significant international films with supplementary material

Wrong.

Silence of the Lambs is an infinitely better film though and anyone that comes on here saying otherwise is just being contrarian.

Hannibal (TV series) >>>>>>>>>> The Silence of the Lambs > Manhunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hannibal > Red Dragon > Hannibal Rising

Look at the faggot, everyone

The Silence of the Lambs > Manhunter > Red Dragon

All other opinions are wrong.

>Hannibal (TV series) >>>>>>>>>> The Silence of the Lambs

Fucking lmao

Brian Cox is the better Lecter. Hopkins is too campy.

He's really not, and I say that as someone who does appreciate his performance and thinks Cox is one of the finest character actors of the last 30 years.
There's a reason Hopkins rendition became so iconic.

The show is great but mortally weakened by a badly cast Lecter. Mikkelsen simply didn't project enough menace.

Correct. Hannibal is shit tier and shouldn’t be mentioned

he was in the movie for 30 seconds

>Silence of the Lambs is an infinitely better
Disagree I would not say better but manhunter has some stronger qualities

lol no

I remember liking it and being really interested in reading up on the Hannibal series because of it.

Yes, and the prequel film should be erased from existence.

he's better than the cartoon Hopkins created

>Retroactively providing backstory for iconic characters that were memorable without it
Has this ever proved successful? Even once?

He really isn't.

20 years old and 102 IQ.
Your opinions are worthless.

>a tv show being better than anything
nah

literally this

Literally not. I'd put the TV series at its best between Manhunter and Hannibal.

The first scene always reminded me of the Original Nightstalker killings. It's a horrifying thought to be woken up by a flashlight shining in your face.

Weak bait.

the tiger scene is one of the best ever. did anyone webm it?