/MLS/ general

Nashville's new stadium

Nashville vs Philly on ESPN in a few minutes
LAFC vs Minisoda at 10e/7p on FS1 if this thread lasts that long

Attached: 20220501_154155.jpg (1030x1200, 411.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/usmntonly/status/1521121289574002688?t=9MMylmajzuocRqSUy-_RqQ&s=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 20220501_155152.jpg (1200x1500, 767.77K)

Attached: 20220501_155246.png (1280x701, 372.65K)

How do americans not feel embarassed when they go to a "soccer" stadium?

Well I mean anyone going to a soccer game has probably already gotten past it

Not enough gay pride flags

Soccer is the most popular sport in your country retard

>Trashville

Because they’re comfy and not the same oversized toilet bowls that gyros cream themselves over

Euros*
Stupid phone

Soccer-specific bros, we got the point.

Attached: 9873583463.png (845x1010, 626.89K)

Those new American stadiums are fine, better than the boring bowls we build here

Finally got a DOOP
>first in ASSville's new stadium
get fucked

Attached: twitter_0b2ciMHD.jpg (1400x1400, 256.78K)

Attached: 20181031210958_1.jpg (1200x756, 212.93K)

MLS should have kept all of the NASL names and made up new ones. And no FCs ever. We already have football and it's loads better than gay soccer.
>Montreal Impact
>Minnesota Kicks
>Los Angeles Aztecs (Galaxy is OK just because of the history)
>Miami Fusion
>Tampa Bay Rowdies
>Dallas Tornado (Burn would be acceptable)
>Nashville Metros
>Boston Tea Men (New England Tea Men also acceptable)
>San Diego Sockers

>Boston Tea Men
>play in foxborough

What's weird is the Revs 2 play in Foxborough too with like 100 people showing up for those games
They couldn't have bothered to at least put those games in Boston?

>embarrased

no one goes to them unfortunately lol.

Why pay rent to house their B team in a stadium when the A team doesn't pay rent.

Because surely they're losing money having only 100 fans per game

Why would I feel embarrassed?

Thats a comfy looking stadium

VIIIIIIILLLLAAAIIIIINNNSSSSS

It's absolutely embarrassing to see whitoids larping as jolly ol brits with their caps and scarves
Mexican MLS crowds are the only with any sovl

>Mexican MLS crowds are the only with any sovl
Kek look at this spic
YHTGB

Fuck off Spics

Attached: Screenshot_20220502-101140-851.png (922x572, 164.68K)

I've concluded that the comfiness of a soccer stadium hinges on the tasteful restraint of its roofing

Vegas Villains when?

Chicanos are subhuman. You will never be a real Mexican.

Because we have state of the art facilities that are built with fan comfort in mind. Rather that having to go to a shit shack that evolved out of wooden bleachers in a literal cattle farm pasture.

>fan comfort
you are there for to watch a match not enjoy a spa day you big girl

Whatever dude, I'm glad you enjoy your rat infested rust bucket stadiums like Old Trafford. I can't imagine convincing myself that's enjoyable just because the fanbase is obsessed with "muh soul"

Las vegas lights already exists

twitter.com/usmntonly/status/1521121289574002688?t=9MMylmajzuocRqSUy-_RqQ&s=19
gaga bros we're only getting started...

shut the fuck up you shit eating brother killing faggot

Goddammit he's nowhere close enough for that

The next zack steffen...

he's gonna immediately be loaned back to the fire, don't worry. I think it's chelsea, it was rumored before the sanctions

>sold to prem league team
>stay in mls for a little longer
>loaned out to shitty team
>return from loan and ride the pine
Right, the next zack steffen

Well honestly that's worse considering how Miazga's development went
Plus right now he's just an okay goalkeeper. I see why Euro clubs like him but he needs to work on his technique before he would be anywhere near ready

This literally happens all the time for goalies. The good ones succeed and the bad ones (steffen) don't. Being bought by a prem team and being loaned out is in no way a unique thing to steffen. Miazga fucking sucks and can't cut it at alves.

>zack steffen signs a contract with city thru 2025
ACK! gaga is cursed to the same fate!

Slonina should stay in MLS where he'll have to face a ton of shots because defense is ass. Better for his development.

The point is Slonina will likely be lost in the mass of youngsters those teams sign

I'll be honest, I definitely don't want him joining Chelsea's retarded loan army, fuck that team. I agree that some players definitely get lost in the mix but big clubs signing youngsters and then loaning them out is in no way a death sentence, in fact I would argue it's a positive

>NOOOO STOP SENDING OUR BEST PLAYERS TO EUROPE!!! MY LITTLE SAWKER IS GOOD ENOUGH TO DEVELOP WORLD CLASS TALENT!

This is why our most common World Cup result is "Did Not Qualify." MLS is certainly the best it's ever been, but it's still not good enough to create a competitive national team.

Fuck off Yuroboo
You're so far up your own ass any argument we could have you'll be too oblivious to acknowledge any position but your own

Most of the young players big teams sign don't end up as regulars for that team
Slonina is talented but he could easily be lost in the shuffle and since they would just loan him to a smaller team idk what the issue is with just keeping him here two or three more years
He isn't even near his MLS ceiling yet

i don't get this logic. i don't follow soccer nearly as close as the NFL, but do you think a QB would get as much training or coaching staying in the NCAA or getting to the NFL as soon as possible and riding the bench for a year or two? See: Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Romo, and Brady

Multiple things can be true st the same time. Walker Zimmerman is a great example of a homegrown talent who is serviceable at center back for the national team. He never would have gotten play time anywhere in Europe, and he has greatly benefitted from getting quality minutes against MLS quality teams. But if you actually believe Tim Howard would have become a world-class goalkeeper if he played in New York his whole career, you are a fool.

>world cup qualification before MLS: 4/14
>world cup qualification after: 8/9

Attached: bullybullybully.jpg (505x887, 191.72K)

NCAA coaching relative to NFL is actually much worse than MLS coaching relative to Europe (especially low-level europe leagues).

First of all, you're cherry picking examples
For every Mahomes there's plenty Brady Quinns or Mitchell Trubiskys to point to. Plus there's also the Kurt Warners who had to go to a different league to prove themselves
Second, football is a systemic sport. Coaches engrain certain plays and certain scenarios where it's pretty much a plug and play. Soccer is a much different animal. They have to learn the game themselves and the best use is to just play.

Did I say stay there forever? No.
But he's at least no worse off staying in Chicago for a few years then going into Chelsea in a few years than riding the bench or playing with their reserve team or probably playing in Belgium

>there's plenty Brady Quinns or Mitchell Trubiskys to point to
isn't that kind of my point tho? they started immediately and sucked. they weren't given time to learn and develop, but that's mostly because they were expected to start on a shitty team. players like Mahomes and Rodgers were on good teams and allowed to learn. Slonina is 17 and will will get to train with and against anyonebetter he'd face in the MLS, all the while reaping the benefits of an EPL facility and their staff

>Quinn
>Trubisky
>started immediately
user....

No
Brady Quinn didn't start his first year. I think the Browns starter might have even made the pro bowl Quinn's rookie season. Trubisky sucked but the guy ahead of him Glennon also sucked.
Plus he won't even have Chelsea coaches. He will be in Belgium or the Spanish 2nd division more than likely

For me, it's the Eastern Conference leading Philadelphia Doops

Attached: brujo-doop.webm (480x480, 834.56K)

Nice

>poops

Attached: 2a60d83216ce90b92b4a55adb286ddd3.png (600x536, 230.84K)

>9
Good morning /mls/

Attached: Ep-oJTPXUAA3Rd3.jpg (1536x2048, 517.88K)