/USFL/ General

Where you at Maulerbros

Attached: Logo_of_the_United_States_Football_League.png (1108x447, 73.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

st.freestreams-live1.com/usfl-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tampa Bay Rowdies representing

How long before Lynch throws an INT? :^)

This audio is wild today

Why do these people keep shelling out millions for a spring football league that will never make it

Attached: wk3.png (760x354, 16.78K)

My Stallions :)

Stallionsfag reporting in. Roll Tide.

The fact that even Yea Forums threads on the USFL fail to gain traction shows you just how many people are actually watching this shitshow.

At least the AAF and XFL had /comfyposting/. I can't imagine the TV figures are even real.

Beats me, they should’ve called it quits after the AAF went bankrupt mid season. At least that league was entertaining.

Attached: EF1F20E1-70B5-4804-8CD3-4A6D39911367.png (400x435, 161.76K)

Right here wish it was more popular tho

Even as an Alabamafag I gotta say it's mostly because they don't play in the different cities of the teams. There's only one home team.

Yeah it's strange. They really need to keep it going for 4-5 years to get a solid following. Only so many times you can restart a league.

What's the attendance lol there are like 90 people at this game

Unless it's the home team, based Stallions, no one shows up

There really needs to be a 16/17 week spring league and then maybe 6-9 week dedicated camp for each position in the summer. There's a lot of edge guys that shouldn't really even be around NFL camps that just need more practice, plus a lot of guys who need 3-4 years more of playing at a high level to be draftable. A reliable spring league would be great for filling out weak draft classes, rehabbing problem players, and developing longer to learn positions. For example this year the QB class was super weak, and the USFL would have seen more of their QBs go if teams were really hungry.

>There really needs to be a 16/17 week spring league and then maybe 6-9 week dedicated camp for each position in the summer.

As a player, spring leagues are thoroughly retarded and there is no reason to play in them.

You risk a season-ending or career ending injury for $3500 usd/mo.

Only way to generate hype around a league like this is to cultivate a big gambling crowd and pay ESPN to talk about it non-stop. Normies don’t give a shit about American football unless it’s the NFL.

They were but they didn't have a reliable pay structure in place. Much like Yea Forums is always happy to remind us that the NBA funds the WNBA...... Fox Sports funds the USFL. It'll stay as long as they want it to.

Wait isn't that a soccer team

Is it a bust?

Attached: think.png (640x640, 106.51K)

Yeah they'd have to pay more obviously, but like 500k-2mm a year would be worth it.

This makes sense if you're good enough to play in the NFL. If you're not, you take the money and you get to play football on TV.

F

Attached: maulpit.jpg (720x720, 59.66K)

Mexican league game starting

Attached: images (19).jpg (739x415, 54.12K)

Jason Garret shilling for Kirby...

Dude will be fired and is a perfect argument against the Rooney Rule.

fugg :DDDD

Fellow Alabamafag here. The only reason I have been watching is because we have a team and all of the games are in Birmingham.

Also all of the games for season 1 and 2 will be in Birmingham. Season 3 has the teams playing in their own cities. Assuming the league lasts that long.

No links to streams of tonight's game, as there is such a level of apathy that nobody has bothered to host an illegal feed of it.

Browsing Reddit some teams have just a few hundred fans total.

The AAF was funny because they faced financial instability from day one.
The XFL was a revival of a beloved childhood branding experiment, som
The USFL is just soulless and sad.

Attached: Capture.png (394x548, 40.25K)

Nevermind, found one.

st.freestreams-live1.com/usfl-1/

Ty user. Also,
>Maulers less than 100 subs
Grim.

I don't know that I've ever had this much trouble finding streams for ANY games

What's with the general apathy for the league? With backers like NBC/FOX, we should have a good deal of hype, right?

>Breaker making it all
Based.

The Breakers are the best team in this league and had a small blunder because this league is scripted as fuck and they are rigging for the Stallions.

>shittsburgh does not even have fans
LOL fuck shittstburgh

>What's with the general apathy for the league? With backers like NBC/FOX, we should have a good deal of hype, right?

The NFL is such an established part of modern American culture and the identity of major cities, that any league manifesting itself out of thin air with literal who's as players will always be seen as contrived.

Bundle this with football fans being exhausted of shitty spring leagues, as we've now had two in three years that were literal rug pulls.

Nobody wants to be emotionally invested in something that won't last, especially as the XFL 2.0 actually did have somewhat of a following and it died from the chink flu, which just pissed people off.

XFL 3.0 worth being excited about?

It's arguably and if you're just talking about men unquestionably the most unifying cultural entity in this dumpster fire at this point

No. They got rid of McMahon and Oliver Luck.

The whole draw of 2.0 was the subversiveness of McMahon returning with a quality, viable product that was spearheaded by a pro football industry veteran and former player.

3.0 is just piggybacking off what vince and luck built, with a guy that has no pro football industry experience calling the shots. It's somehow even more of a meme league than the USFL.

mfw another USFL quarterback throws to his receivers feet

mfw another 3-and-out followed by a shit punt

mfw I hear that SKYRIZI is a prescription medicine used to treat adults with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis

m fucking fw

Attached: podracing.jpg (315x315, 60.63K)

As a former high school QB who understands the game on an X's/O's level, I thoroughly enjoy shit spring football leagues.

Football is a game of timing and the sport can devolve into something that doesn't resemble a sport at all if just one or two players get their assignments wrong.

Paired with the constant clock stopping & incessant standing around that football is known for, shitty spring football creates a juxtaposition in which a sport cease to be a sport.

Yet everyone involved in this sham must continue broadcasting, and the players lining up for each play, running at maximum speed, playing their roles they know will never be fulfilled, as if it is indeed a captivating product.

It is the adult variant of a children's christmas concert, in which the concert isn't the spectacle, but the spectacle is the concert.

And lads, it is a thing of beauty.

I watched week one and then got distracted
I'll watch next week, hopefully there's more people like me and tv numbers and attendance improves

A spring league is still better than watching apehoop playoffs or whatever divegrass game is on.

This league doesn't even disputes with the CFL, who will start one week after the last game, so I can have back to back to back football all year long.

games are full of trash players

i'm a high level juco player and i tired out for a bunch of these usfl teams and they fucking cut me. i was like wtf i was out shining all these scrubs. but i didn't kiss the coaches ass enough so they cut me

the usfl only cares about ass kissers and cry baby bitches. they don't care about talented all america juco players.

if i played for this league i would legit be MVP. but they rather keep bums like paxton and perez lmao

usfl gonna fail

from what we saw with the XFL and AAF, there's a serious mid-season ratings slump. I'm curious if the playoffs will boost interest at all or if ratings will continue to be in the toilet.

Can you deliver a pass above your receivers' ankles? If you can, you'd look like fucking Joe Montana out there.

I meant, it will start one week before the last game.

go out for xfl, user

>Can you deliver a pass above your receivers' ankles? If you can, you'd look like fucking Joe Montana out there.

I can, but I'm 5'8 and not exactly the pinnacle of athleticism anymore now that I'm pushing 30.

QB skill isn't what the league needs. The offenses have barely been together for a few weeks which is the same problem XFL 1 had.

The timing for routes are all messed up. QB's are throwing to receivers they don't know the names of. Can't anticipate cut speed or route depth compared to an NFL squad that's played together for 5 years.

They started the league too fucking late. they waited over a month after the superbowl ended. Most americans are out of the habit of watching football.

>ESPN4

Attached: 8396011d43810dbe5c6c330d3b2639b8.jpg (961x541, 353.9K)

Based and accurate take

Oh so it’s like the NFL but worse in every way.

All 10 fans look excited to see the McDonalds pro team play

>the bustling metropolis of Birmingham, AL

xfl finna booty blast this semen slurping league

I can’t wait to see you proven right.

fingies crossed

Man that is depressing. I'll stick to NFL. Fuck amateur hour CFB, XFL, USFL.

They don’t play in other cities? Why the fuck?

And we’ve literally never lost in our entire history.

Attached: B031B83F-F751-457F-B589-BB22D8498F20.jpg (1125x1709, 1.21M)

It's the first year and there's a pandemic going on, user

USFL is also a revival. Also wasn’t the AAF pretty novel for the time? It was the first spring league in my memory and I had started paying attention to football in 2013.

And there’s saturation. 1 meme league is all you need and I’ve seen three in four years.

>and there's a pandemic going on
Uh, seriously?

Also, the water girl and the black girl near the tent were both qts.

Attached: 1496679688465.jpg (325x325, 11.05K)

Nothing is everything bro