Wheel of time

>this is the next GoT!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1545141096418.jpg (1024x1024, 676K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iAr6LYC-xpE
reddit.com/r/WoT/comments/cu1rv8/words_from_team_jordan_regarding_casting/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ever_Victorious_Army#Literary_allusions
youtube.com/watch?v=1tJ9sdP_Pvw
youtube.com/watch?v=n73Oda3W8I8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wheel of time turns into YA shit halfway through anyway. GOT became total garbage also.
>TFW Tolkien’s legacy wasn’t ruined by cuck shit
Thank fuck, meanwhile these heebs are dabbing on GRRM and RJ

>Josha Stradowski as Rand al’Thor
This is fine. Everyone else is miscast.

Peter Jackson is fucking great.

>"Child Bornhald, report on Aybara RIGHT NOW"
>"Yes sire"
>"That Falme thing is a big fucking mess, the King of Amadicia is breathing down my neck so I want some better results in finding the Darkfriends behind that shitfest"
>"Sirt, our intelligence shows Aybara is from a famous west Andori ghetto known as the Two Rivers, known for their ignorance of Andoran laws and refusal to pay taxes, and for producing tobacco which may or may not be entirely medicinal"
>"Last year when our patrol found Aybara trying to eat one of their horses, he also tried biting and stabbed one Child with his axe, trying to finish the kill by biting the officer in the neck"
>"when questioned afterwards by our officers, he said "he dindu nuffin" and proclaimed himself to be a heir to the ancient kingdom of Manetheren, all while accusing the officers of racial profiling
>"However the man managed to flee into the night when the camp was attacked by a rogue witch and possibly kinsmen of Aybara"
>"Bornhald, are you sure it was a witch?"
>"yes, a witch with that crazy catlady look, who somehow had managed to hire a gang of similar looking Two Rivers people, it could not have been local Andori due to how diverse they looked"
>"Dammit, we need to find this Aybara and make him pay for his crimes, take this rope and lead a thousand of our finest to Two Rivers and make sure they learn that no matter how many darkfriends there may be, the Children of the Light will make sure that all the dark friends of Aybara will be answering to justice"

didn't the author die without finishing this dumb haremshit anyway?

>That Falme thing is a big fucking mess, the King of Amadicia is breathing down my neck so I want some better results

We will never have a comfy Whitecloak buddy cop series.

kek

>Discount drake and cheap zoe kravitz.

>didn't the author die
Yes
>Without finishing
No. Sanderson finished it - feelings are mixed on this; some people missed spending half a page describing a dress.

since Nynaeve got blackwashed, at least there is good chance Lan will be white so they get those BFWM thing going on
plus he is supposed to have piercing cold blue eyes... but ehh, Lan is supposed to be like 195cm tall and still shorter than Rand who is over 2m

it's gonna be the guy from almost human

>brown people bad!

I love these WoT posts so much.

TELL ME OF BAIN, WHY DOES SHE WEAR A CADINSOR?

Nobody cared who I was until I took up the spear.

IF I REMOVE YOUR VEIL... WILL YOU DIE?

Mat is great too.

He's pretty fucking ugly though.

This but unironically.

Let’s see how they look on constume. If the on chick has braids audiences are going to automatically disconnect regardless if they care about ethnicity matching the source material.

Absolutely based

>SHARANS could be here

min >elayne > the whore

I've only read the first book (so far), I know about Rand's looks but what about the other ones? Aren't they all supposed to be Manetheren folk and therefore have the same skin-color?

It's mentioned that Perrin is a wolf-talking-dude but does that have to do with his background maybe?

Egwene and the Wisdom being black seems ridiculous.

>min >elayne > the whore
You know Min was not a pure waifu, right? Barmaid, formerly worked in mines, aunts who sound suspiciously like prostitutes... and how forward she was with Rand from the start

Wait for Amazon to fuck it up

>Egwene and the Wisdom being black seems ridiculous.
The Two Rivers folk are consistently referred to as brown/tan/dark. They are obviously not African-black, but they are brown skinned. The actors they chose are not far off at all, it is just that some of them are mixed race, and have specific non-white traits (Perrins hair, mostly). None of them are black, unless you go by the American one-drop-rule

>cast brown people
>they're not even above average looking

Is this some kind of scam?

slander

>imagine caring about the skin colour of fictional characters

first book comes out 1989, 30 years of bookcovers with white cast, could not survive 2019 casting couch in Hollywood and 3/5 got blackwashed.
in a world with over dozen unique and diverse cultures including a black continent wide empire.
with the main heroes from a small backwater village in the middle of nowhere, famous for having been isolated for almost 2000 years - yet remains as diverse as 2010s New York

>this autistic
Have sex.

bsd
crng

I'm beginning to think studios are casting non-whites more and more so sad racist faggots won't get to enjoy anything. And I like it.

Attached: WoF.gif (360x240, 1.6M)

Attached: 1547536330956.jpg (1111x729, 361K)

I can't remember that, weird, I mostly remember the remarks about Rand being much taller than most Two River people.

So they why does he describe Two Rivers as 'Dark', but explicity describe Domani, Ebou Dari, Julian, Sea Folk, etc ad having tan/coppery/olive/brown skin?

And why did he pick white actors in his personal hypothetical casting? And have them drawn that way in the graphic novels? Or on the covers?

man fuck diversity. I just want films that are made to purely entertain, not promote an agenda by some fat, pink haired, kike.

I'm so sick of blacks lads. I never understood racism growing up until this shit was smeared in my face every waking hour.

Attached: 1428270750214.jpg (456x320, 31K)

When Egwene is introduced in tEotW, she is described as having the same dark color as Nynaeve. Cenn Buie is described as being "dark as an old root". Elaida, on meeting Rand for the first time, automatically knows he isn´t from the Two Rivers, in part because he is too pale skinned. The Two Rivers folk could be anything from Meds, to Spaniards, to Latinos, to even North African/Arab mixed. Having them be portrayed by people with tones like is not incorrect. It is in the realm of possibility, with regard to the text. Them being drawn a certain way in graphic novels doesnt mean anything, because the text is the important thing, and the text allows for different shades. This is a retarded discussion, I hate how you people are so insecure about white genocide that Perrin fucking Aybara having hair that is too curly makes the show unwatchable.

This shit is ruining a book series I really enjoyed.
Fuck niggers and fuck Amazon. All I wanted was an accurate adaptation. Tell Robert Jordan's story, not some woke trash rendition.

Robert Jordan was too much of a fag to have whores in his fantasy

Black Irish Colin Farrell types you mug

>YA shit
One of the only things I remember vividly from the later books was that Chosen tieing up the Aes Sedai and torturing her, while simultaneously tying her warder up and making him cum over and over again so she could feel it through their bond, until both eventually died. Jordon was a massive pervert (and that’s a good thing) but his work definitely wasn’t young adult shit. I assume you’re referring to the way Rand basically became OP magical Hitler?

Fuck off Brandon

>that scene where the Two Rivers folk start shouting “AYYYOOOO DARKFRIENDS FINNA GET DABBED ON” and “WORLD STAR” in the Old Tongue

not him and don't care about perrin, nye n the other hand, how exactly are you going to argue that one?

>but they are brown skinned.
No they are not, you dishonest snake. They are meds at most, light enough that to notice a difference between them and Rand you need to compare Rand's untanned skin to them. It's noted that Egwene gets tanned after spending time in the waste and gets almost as tan as an Aiel. They are literally lighter than tanned Irishmen. Everyone trying to claim they are supposedly "brown skinned" is fucking lying, plain and simple.

Jordon was clever in the way he discribed things, when your young you don't pick up on 1/2 the kinky shit thats going on but its still a fun epic story, and then you re-read it when older and realize how perverted it really is, and that's a great thing

correct

Perrin is supposed to have curly hair, which blacks don't have. Black hair is nappy, not curly.

why are they all weird half blacks

The lite-BDSM theme popular with cat ladies and trailer-park housewives was pretty obvious when I read it as a kid.

>ignores everything else I said
They are consistently described as brown, tan, and dark skinned. If you look at OP, the actors are actually a good fit, unless you expected them to be pale, which they are not.
>light enough that to notice a difference between them and Rand you need to compare Rand's untanned skin to them
No, Elaida knew him not to be Andoran at the first glance. Even though Rand was tanned by the same sun as the rest of them, he was still too light skinned, as evidenced by his untanned skin. If the Two Rivers folk were simply tanned by working in the sun, Rands untanned skin would be the same as theirs. But they ARE brown. Again, dark and light are not absolute terms, they are relative. The actors are not a bad interpretation at all
As I said, Perrins hair is maybe the only actual argument you have, but it is a minor issue

I couldn’t tell but did Logan rape those Aes Sedi’s when he forcibly bonded them...I felt the book was intentionally vague about what happened in that scene.

Wheel of Niggers

>Rand, “Tam is my real father...how could he not be?”
>Tam *is black*

wrong on all levels
they are tanned because they are farmers
see any comissioned art or RJ interview
the first black character is that thief-catcher (ironically) with the funny hats, and sea folk with bare tits out. Oh and the western continent people.

Rand was clearly always retarded, as he was the only one in the village with light eyes, red hair, and freakish height. Having Tam be a bit darker as well wouldnt add much to Rands stupidity

its a bit more then that, that is exactly what you pick up when your 12 try reading it now
no but he starts fucking one consensually

Any slight difference in Rand’s appearance was due to his mother being an outlander. Rand wasn’t like everyone else in Two Rivers just not THAT different.

Nyenaeve, who gives a fuck about perrin

The brown sister whose name I forgot but I remember her being an absolute milk truck chose to have sex with him because she was bored of captivity, and the red one felt it through her bond. A lot of the other A’shamen broke their Aes Sedai with regular dickings though. They learned to love it in the end though, so was it really rape?

A’shamen were Chads...it was obvious with how fast the Aes Sedi wanted to be bond

a forcible bonding is kinda rape, so in a way I guess

>they are tanned because they are farmers
See . Despite Rand and them being farmers, and being tanned by the sun, the Two Rivers folk have darker untanned skin than Rand.
>slight difference
>that height, eye color, hair color, and skin color
>but Tam having even a shade darker skin strains belief!
What is the issue? Nynaeve has brown skin, so what?

HAHAHAHAHA
what are we laughing about guys?

>They are consistently described as brown, tan, and dark skinned
They are not. When there are characters that are actually brown it's explicitly said. They are described as having dark eyes and hair, but they are definitely european in skin tone.
>No, Elaida knew him not to be Andoran at the first glance
She had to reveal his untanned skin, which you always conveniently leave out. If it was obvious from a glance she wouldn't have to do that in the first place.
>But they ARE brown
Repeating a lie does not make it true no matter how much mental gymnastics you do. They are darker than an Irishman living among them, but lighter than Irishmen that have lived in the waste. Remember that Rand is not related to the village in any way, but he is still close enough that it was a complete shock to him. If you still claim they are supposed to be "brown" you are literally that meme about Rand wondering if he's adopted when Tam is played by Morgan Freeman.
>The actors are not a bad interpretation at all
Ignoring that they are obviously too dark to be an accurate interpretation as proven already, there's also the issue that they couldn't even stick to one ethnicity which DOES make them a bad interpretation. They literally couldn't even stick to the single most fundamental aspect about the Two Rivers which is that it has been isolated for thousands of years. If they absolutely HAD to blackwash them, they should have at least chosen a common ethnicity for them all, but even that was beyond them.
If your only justification for your headcanon is "lol he's retarded anyway" you have no argument at all. His eyes and hair were said to come from his mother, but those were the only thing that were always mentioned as far as the differences go. If the skin tone was actually noticeably different you'd think it would've been mentioned along the hair and eyes, but it wasn't.

Go back to plebbit, you can come up with justifications for the casting all day there.

To be quite honest im ok with the casting of the Two Rivers females, Egwene is now as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside aka a fucking goblina, and Nynaeve is hot.

The difference between Rand and the Two Rivers folks would be like a tall blonde guy from Scandinavia living in Ireland.

You can tell he’s not from there, but he doesn’t stand out like he is from South Africa

the trans boy at the bottom right made my dick twitch

Attached: ah-shit-here-we-go-again-48263920.png (500x343, 96K)

>absolute milk truck
90% of the women in WoT were milk trucks. Amazon can fuck up race if they want, but if there aren’t at least one pair of gigantic milkers in each scene I’ll cancel my fucking subscription.

>that height, eye color, hair color, and skin color
Don't try to sneak that skin color there. The differences that were mentioned were always just his eyes and hair. The ONLY scene where his skin is mentioned is when Elaida reveals his untanned skin. Normally he was so close that they never mentioned his skin along his hair and eyes, which were constantly mentioned when he was being compared to the rest.

are you even reading what your posting? one more time the Two Rivers is a homogeneous community thats been isolated for over a 1000 years, if you don't understand the issue then you are retarded, but your not your just being incredibly disingenuous

user...

>What is the issue? Nynaeve has brown skin, so what?
She is not supposed to.

Why are black africans in a medieval european show? To make things worse the black africans have modern black hairstyles not afros that africans in medieval west Africa had.

Or more accurately an Irishman living in Italy.

A’SHACHADS

Attached: 1716128C-1594-44D4-906D-10B05CBBFDDC.png (848x361, 34K)

Here have the original.

Attached: virgin sedai asha'chad.png (3518x1500, 313K)

Race issue aside, why are they so old? The plot makes less sense if they're not teenagers, especially if they keep all of the awkward romance.

as far as that goes, you have to age them up to get people who can act, but I have no idea who any of these things are so who knows if they can act

>has never seen an angreal in his life
Always makes me kek

For me, it's
>impresses people by blowing them up

>She had to reveal his untanned skin, which you always conveniently leave out. If it was obvious from a glance she wouldn't have to do that in the first place.
No, you absolute midwit, she only bothered to look under his shirt because Two Rivers people are dark ALL OVER, not just by being tanned. If they were just like him - white, but tanned - there would be no point in looking under his shirt. You people are so tiresome
>To be quite honest im ok with the casting of the Two Rivers females, Egwene is now as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside aka a fucking goblina, and Nynaeve is hot.
Kinda based, to be honest
>She is not supposed to.
She canonically is. The discussion isnt about whether she is brown/dark, it is about how much so. The actress is not so dark that the casting is bad

I can never decide which is better

Aiel = Irish / Scots
Two Rivers = Welsh / native Britons
Andor = English

Pretending abbos or basketball americans fit that setting is peak mental gymnastics in service of the religion of woke.

correct

>she only bothered to look under his shirt because Two Rivers people are dark ALL OVER
You have nothing to support this claim. You're literally pulling this out of your ass to support your headcanon, but everything that's actually in the books proves you wrong. She reveals the untanned skin because otherwise the difference is not obvious and this is literally the only time his skin is being compared to the rest of the Two Rivers folk despite the eyes and hair being constantly mentioned. You're also ignoring the part about Egwene getting tan enough to almost resemble an Aiel after spending time in the waste, meaning she's normally LIGHTER THAN A FUCKING TANNED IRISHMAN.
>You people are so tiresome
Truth is often tiresome to those who desperately want to cling to a lie.
>She canonically is
No, she is not. Everything in the books proves you wrong. Jordan's own casting proves you wrong. The graphic novels prove you wrong. Decades of official and unofficial art proves you wrong. You are literally just a redditor who's trying to use mental gymnastics to blackwash the cast.

You have no argument, you have fucking nothing.

>tfw almost done with book 2 and want to participate in threads but don't want to be spoiled

Attached: 1565087020133.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

just stop responding, he's retarded and needs to go back

Attached: 1565945212759.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

Mat is best boy and Nyn is best girl. Sorry for spoiling.

lol, get the fuck out now

I guess you're right. It's just annoying to see this bullshit here. I can understand reddit because those fags are beyond help.

Mommy Graendal.
Mommy Cyndane.

Light I love fat titted Chosen.

Threadly reminder
Rand is Tyr
Mat is Odin
Perrin is a mongrel

yep

>sex doll Halima
>sadistic dominatrix Semirhage
>cute and bullyable Moggy
I want to FUCK every single female forsaken, maybe Barid too, for the humilation.

I find it funny how hard the Amazon shills and their useful idiot sjw fans are trying to justify race swapping this series.

The script that was leaked way back explicitly stated they are going to make the characters as black and brown as possible. It had nothing to do the descriptions in the books. This is exactly the same thing as when they made Achilles or Heimdal black. It’s obviously politically motivated.

Holy fuck I want to fuck Aran'gar and tell him that he's still a man as I ram his virgin hairy pussy and grope his gigantic K cups out in the woods away from the camp.

one of the
MAIN characters
is going to be a
SEX SLAVE
to a milf queen
for AT LEAST half a season
unless they COMPLETELY chicken out

Attached: amerinames5.jpg (960x960, 191K)

>tfw he'll try to protest at first but then just go "eh whatever" and enjoy the ride

There's a few normal ones on there, but holy fuck Gen X and early Millennials parents are the fucking worst.

poor fucking David

>Mat getting raped by a mega-milk queen at knife point repeatedly
>everyone laughs at him for it

They wouldn’t dare

yes he also gets to hang out with based beslan

They totally will, nobody takes male rape seriously.

he likes it

>imagine saying this if the roles were reversed

well-crafted

He almost breaks down in tears at one point. He's obviously very fucked up because of it and doesn't know what the fuck he can do to make it stop.

she would too Tylin definitely would've been down for that

>It's noted that Egwene gets tanned after spending time in the waste and gets almost as tan as an Aiel.
Got a reference on that?

thats because she keeps harassing him. he likes her then it all goes to shit because she becomes obsessed, also he's ta'veren and being treated like that mostly being dressed like that, kept him safe from the seanchan, and he was devastated when she died it was a weird rapey kinda relationship

It's gonna be somewhere in book 5 I imagine when she's with the Wise Ones.

>tugs braid
TUGS BRAID
NYNAEVE TUGS HER FUCKING BRAID
NYNAEVE STRETCHES HER LEGS
NYNAEVE SCOWLS
NYNAEVE TUGS HER BRAID
NYNAEVE SMOOTHS HER SKIRT
SMOOTHS TUGS BRAID SKIRT

Attached: reeee.jpg (1000x1000, 77K)

Fuck off you retard read the fucking books. They were not nignogs no matter how bad you wish they were.

I don't have the exact chapter right now, but it's in Fires of Heaven as said.

Wheel of Popeyes chicken

>he likes her then it all goes to shit because she becomes obsessed
It's almost like you're able to initially like someone but dislike it when they start to rape you at knifepoint.

>Fuck off you retard read the fucking books.
Reread a dozen long, boring books looking for a specific reference to the skin color of a character? Many references have been given in the discussion about the color of the Two Rivers people, but this one about Egwene and the Aiel I have not heard before

Egwene stood a few paces behind the Wisdom, watching intently. Of a height with Nynaeve, and with the same dark coloring, she could at that moment have been a reflection of Nynaeve’s mood, arms crossed beneath her breasts, mouth tight with disapproval. The hood of her soft gray cloak shaded her face, and her big brown eyes held no laughter now.

but then go back to her when he could've just escaped? nah he was always into it it just got to much, he was worried that she would never let him go, not that she was 'raping' him

so you haven't even read it? fuck off

She was literally starving him and didn't let him leave. No matter how you try to spin it, she was using her power and position to keep raping him and he was very fucked up because of it.

>so you haven't even read it? fuck off
God damn, you are actually illiterate, aren´t you?

>Egwene, whom he had grown up with. Now, except for her big dark eyes, she could almost have passed for an Aiel, and not only for her tanned face and hands [but also because of her Aiel garb]

>wearing a burqa
>can pass for an Aiel
not surprising

>deliberately ignoring the part about her tanned face and hands

>Reread a dozen long, boring books
The woke brigade that insists everything be changed to suit their diverse vision for the world are usually not even fans of the source material. They just ruin one franchise that they don’t even like and then move on to the next one.

Why are white elites intent on shoving a big black cock down everybody's throat?

ok yes she was raping him, he was still pretty broken up by her death

Well, statistically speaking, yes.

>deliberately ignoring the part about how she can't pass for an Aiel, only "almost"
"dark" people can tan, btw

We was wisdoms and sheeit.

Sweet, I'll go get a tan and audition to be the next black panther.

So what is getting cut?
>Morgrase storyline
>Faile captures storyline
>Basically everything from the white cloak preseptive pre Galad duel
>Bowl of the Winds search
>The Kin
>Elaye’s war for the throne

Mat's a good boy, he doesn't wish death to women no matter how much they've wronged him, plus getting ripped apart by the Gholam is a fucked up way to go and he is partly responsible for that because they did the whole thing where they tied her up so their escape seemed more plausible.
You literally just proved me right. She got tanned but it was only enough to make her "almost" pass for an Aiel, meaning that she was still lighter than them. If she was brown from the start getting even more tan would've made her LESS passable.

named horses

I hope they will go with condensing and streamlining instead of straight up removing plotlines.

It's like you've never even cosplayed as Aiel. You have no idea what you're talking about and hate the fact that the text proves you wrong.

If you didn't care you wouldn't feel the need to blackwash every character and defend the people who do.

This...Two Rivers is white.

BEZOSED

How can one darkwash something already dark?

yea exactly

Good point, I agree

Having a tan isn't being black, rabbi.

user, I'm sorry, but you're illiterate.
>spend time in the waste
>you're now tanned enough to almost pass for an aiel except for your eyes
If she was brown before she would've been able to pass better BEFORE getting tanned. The books prove you wrong, go cry on reddit.

Let's discuss that when it actually happens.

>the hobbit wasnt a steaming pile of shit

>Tuon stared at the crystalline form before her and then smirked as she wove Fire and Air, something she'd seen her favorite damane, Brit, perform before. The resultant blast of light was almost as white as she was. A coal-black corpse flopped onto the soft peat. Was this not the marath'damane who was once called the Amyrlin Seat?
- Falcons of Chaos, ch 47 pg 909

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x1706, 160K)

>Falcons of Chaos
>In a series with the title Lord of Chaos
Almost great pasta, but needs a little revision

I thought the same after my first FoC pasta attempt but I'm running with it

also falcons are associated with faile

I scolded my id for this as well, friend.

>A coal-black corpse flopped onto the soft peat. Was this not the marath'damane who was once called the Amyrlin Seat?
kek. But would Tuon consider female channelers marathdamane if she herself is actively channeling?

It would be crazy expensive to have elaborate sets like King's Landing in GoT for all the cities they visit in WoT especially with all the added fantasy architecture so instead of Elizabethan metropolises the sets are probably going look more like the small grimy villages in The Last Kingdom which works for that show but will look like ass in this setting.

Attached: WoT255.jpg (662x768, 181K)

>cast is two shades darker, and has more curly hair than their book counterparts
>OH NO NO NO NO STOP IT PLEASE STOP IT

>you'll never be a young, innocent Asha'man that gets bonded to a centuries-old Aes Sedai who teaches you everything there is to know about the bond between a man and woman with her years of experience.

Why even live?

Am I allowed to think those people are whiney bitches, and also thinking that the people bitching about a brown cutiepie playing Nynaeve are just a different color of bitches?

>how about we keep the ethnicities as described which will result in BOTH whites and non whites being cast?
>NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THIS STOP IT STOOOOP

>You will never be strong, handsome, young Jahar Narishma, and Merise will never be your mommygf

Attached: nooo.jpg (251x201, 10K)

Leaked footage of Thom telling the Two Rivers folks the story of Mantheren:
youtube.com/watch?v=iAr6LYC-xpE

>ywn bond her back and then get arrested for consent violation

I can't stop laughing

I couldnt finish watching it, lol

he creates Dragonmount at the end

>the first black character is that thief-catcher (ironically) with the funny hats
I imagined him as someone italian-looking.

>Aes Sedai have to use a throwing motion when hurling fireballs as if they were utilizing Ansatsuken
>Wise Ones just stand there calmly
Aiel were based

Will pillow friends be included in the show?

Attached: 1404902812397.jpg (800x1000, 697K)

yes, but they'll be lesbians

That’s canon. Even Jordan said so.

>Well, you put fifteen-year-old girls in a tower filled with almost entirely women, with their hormones raging on overdrive, keep them away from men, because you can’t afford to lose any of them, and what do you think is going to happen?

>Pillow friends are not just good friends. Oh, they are that, too, but they also get hot and sweaty together and muss up the sheets something fierce. By the way, pillow friends is a term used in the White Tower. The same relationship between men or women elsewhere would be called something else, depending on the country

Being that most of the Tower are beautiful mega milks I don’t really mind.

>2 trannies
>Drake's cousin with downs syndrome.
I ain't watching this shit.

no i mean straight up man hating lesbians

So the entire red ajah?

Jordan was such a pervert. He would have fit in well here.

>we never got to see a World of If where women sealed the Bore and got saidar tainted
My sole complaint about this series

One male channellers is on average as strong as four female channellers, so I imagine they could have sorted it fairly quickly. Especially as the women would have been too crazy to link probably.

>Seanchan royalty are black
>The world is Earth in a previous age and all the races are represented anyway just in different locations
>The Two Rivers folk are pretty explicitly white people and the fact Rand looks different than the rest in commented on
>Bloodlines play an important role
>Still change the races of the cast because the people making this are deranged political ideologues that need to jack off into everything they do to push their politics and fuck the actual material

It is just frustrating. Wheel of Time was ALREADY a what the people would call a woke series. Women were strong, powerful and played a leading role in most societies. The Seanchan were lead by a black woman would later go on to conquer the lands with their superior technology if not for the main character making a deal.

Can anyone give me a reason beyond politics as to why they would do this? Why would you piss off the fans more for no reason? At this point it has to be purely political because no savvy businessman would do this.

The thing that's most unbelievable about this series is that people who can channel generally treat non-channellers reasonably well. In the real world if there was a group of people with godlike powers they would treat the normies like slaves at best and like livestock worst. Basically all of society would look like the countries with a Forsaken in charge.

Attached: Pharaoh-Main.jpg (1000x610, 285K)

Why don't you write it

People who make these decisions don't read the books.

The series was written by a white male. It has to be destroyed.

The best insight I've seen into this phenomenon is when Peter Boghossian and James Lindsay went on Joe Rogan and talked about their ridiculous fake woke papers they got accepted into a bunch of respected academic publications.

They describe the current climate in academia, which is spreading right now into the tech and media industries, as a religion or cult like Scientology. When you think about it in those terms it makes the seemingly irrational things they're doing (like driving profitable franchises into the ground) make a lot more sense.

Attached: cult.jpg (994x745, 162K)

Actually didn't the book begin as ya and then take a hard turn into pervy fanservice?

You know what? I just might. I'm going to munge everything and call it something different and steal every idea possible from every interesting historical source and all of my favorite authors.

WoT is post-woke. It had to be dragged back

Should have been one of the alternate realities during the Last Battle desu. Frankly, I'm butthurt that I didn't think of this.
>I win again, Lews Therin

Attached: 1566413705302.jpg (720x429, 201K)

>Women were strong, powerful and played a leading role in most societies.

Nigger did you read the books? women ruin everything, all the time. I’m not even and incel and think irl woman hating is retarded, but in the books apart from like three characters women always ruin everything ESPECIALLY the fucking Aes sedai

Why don't the big studios realize that you need to start the series with all whites like GoT to hook in the audience then poz it up in the later seasons for the minority audience? The formula worked perfectly for GoT

Berelain is ok.

>WoT series is successful
>lasts for a decade
>cast replacements are required due to the aging of the actors
>the cast gradually gets whiter
What if I told you that Rafe is secretly based?

>WoT series is successful
lol

Were all of the Forsaken really so bad? Asmodean was just transhuman Salieri. Eminem destroys artists he doesn't like all the time and he's hailed as a hero.

Based, love that it’s triggering /pol/cucks

Best post

Daily reminder that Couladin was the true car'a'carn and everyone from the Two Rivers is evil

pretty sure Asmodean also killed his own family to prove how emo he was and then ended butchering rivalling musicians
compared to other Chosen he was kinda mild as adminostrator, vs Mesaana with her child cults or Semirhage with prisoners rather suiciding than get into her hands. But there were maybe 30-50 Chosen in total, as IIRC as many as +30 most favoured Chosen were given varying access to True Power / saa

Thank you.

Eminem dissed his mom and dad too

>She canonically is.
So why are the Ebou Dari described (both in the narrative and by Two Rivers characters) constantly as olive, or the Domani as tan, or the Sea Folk as brown, when they don't comment on the skin of Andormen or Cairheim at all? And why would the skin color of those other groups be mentioned, but only ever the eyes/hair of the TR people?

And why is is there absolutely zero official official artwork portraying them as anything other than European? (why does no one have an answer to this question?)

>Why does no one have an answer to this?
Because they are arguing from a dishonest position that was created by nothing other that politics so their basis for the argument is non-existent so pure rhetoric and deflection is the only real course of argument.

That is all there is to it. They know their arguments have no foundation but they are duty bound to argue for them because of their political stances.

>pure rhetoric and deflection
Hey, hey, I agree with your position but don't insult my home

The latest spin from Team Jordan (whatever the fuck that is) is that you are racist and need to check your privilege if you pictured the Emond Fielders as white.

reddit.com/r/WoT/comments/cu1rv8/words_from_team_jordan_regarding_casting/

The mental gymnastics in that crazy person's post would do Valan Luca proud.

>cute and bullyable Moggy
So what do you think Nyn was doing to make Moggy hate her so much, compared to Elayne or Egwene?

Beslan was hilarious
>Wise women? I was hoping to get into a fight today
>But with Mat's luck, maybe they'll think we're City Watch and attack us!

>literally exactly what happened

What was the exact quote?
>The mind never wants to admit that it's running from something. Sooner or later, they'll come around to believe they really want to obey, so they don't have to be afraid anymore.

>white
Got some news for you

>Galad duel
Wouldn't surprise me if Galad gets cut entirely he doesn't really become important until late, and they've got to recognize that their odds of lasting 10+ seasons are slim.

>It's like you've never even cosplayed as Aiel
Aiel aren't actually just fantasy Fremen. You have to do more than just swap the nostril-plugs and facemask for a shoufa.

You can't. If you could find any RL-approved visual portrayals of the TR people as dindus, it might be different.

>if she herself is actively channeling?
The damane is just a tool. You don't think
>My rifle just shot someone
It's
>I just shot him
She wouldn't see any need to note the presence of an object which could obviously be infered from context. But just in case, I've reported your efforts to suggest that the Empress (Peace be Upon Her) is a marath'damane to the Seakers for Truth.

>The fucking racists who loved the series that involves, interracial relationships, a dominant black nation and a variety of races learning to get along to deal with a common threat with and the equality of people being a common theme
Really taught those racists a lesson.

Team Jordan are the people who didn't read the notes same as Brandon Sanderson didn't, and used fan wikis to "complete" the series

They call their army the Ever Victorious Army for a reason. It’s never lost a war. Battles, yes, but never a war. When they lose a battle, they sit down and work out what they did wrong, or what the enemy did right. Then they change what needs changing for them to win.”

“A wise way,” she said when the flow of words paused. Plainly, he expected some comment. “I know men who do the same. Davram Bashere, for one. Gareth Bryne, Rodel Ituralde, Agelmar Jagad. Even Pedron Niall did, when he was alive. All judged great captains.”

“Yes,” he said, still pacing. He did not look at her, perhaps did not see her, but he was listening. It was to be hoped that he actually heard, as well. “Five men, all great captains. The Seanchan all do it. That’s been their way for a thousand years. They change what they have to change, but they don’t give up.

I loved these books as a kid but this is some awkward ass writing.

go to bed rafe

>And after Eldrene allahu ackbared herself, the trollocs raped all the surviving women of Mantheren
>Their children obviously had no alphabet, not even numerals, so they couldn't keep the name
>And that's how the Two Rivers happened.

>I imagined him as someone italian-looking.

I also pictured him as a black man.

That's called the Red Ajah.

The difference wasn't that extreme. Logian needed to be shielded by six sisters because he was extemely powerful himself.

It was noticeable - all the male Forsaken were more powerful than Lanfear, the strongest woman. The difference is eight steps (on a 72 point scale) based on the worldbook, but given the difference bettwen Rand and The Sex Doll Formerly Known as Moragase, that scale probably isn't linear.

>Can anyone give me a reason beyond politics as to why they would do this?
It's not having dindu representation that matters, its taking things away from white people and forcing them to be happy about it.

>What is Shara

>so pure rhetoric and deflection is the only real course of argument
Ah, so it's pilpul..

>They call their army the Ever Victorious Army for a reason

It's a reference to a the Ever Victorious Army raised by Europ-American officers to protect their treaty ports in China from the Taipang rebellion.

We just call it the Army here

No, it was a specific formation:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ever_Victorious_Army#Literary_allusions

Also, inb4 something something rice farmers something something napalm sticks to gooks

Hey, that's neat. I didn't know that. Sorry for misreplying. Thank you.

>And why is is there absolutely zero official official artwork portraying them as anything other than European? (why does no one have an answer to this question?)
The fact that the artwork, or RJs imaginary cast, look a certain way doesn't mean that that is how everything related to the characters should be understood. The text speaks for itself - the artworks and stuff are an interpretation, and it may well be that RJ liked that interpretation, but that does not make them above the text, and the text is open for interpretation

Oh, yeah. The late Imperial/Warlord Era China is really intresting. And also hilarious:

>A brutal man, Zhang was notorious for his hobby of smashing in the heads of prisoners with his sword, which he called "smashing melons". He loved to boast about the size of his penis, which become part of his legend. He was widely believed to be the most well endowed man in China, nicknamed "General Eighty-Six" as his penis when erect was said to measure up to a pile of 86 Mexican silver dollars. His harem consisted of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian and two French women. He gave them numbers, as he could not remember their names, and then usually forgot the numbers.

>Few of the warlords had any sort of ideology. Yan Xishan, the "Model Governor" of Shanxi, professed a syncretic creed that merged elements of democracy, militarism, individualism, capitalism, socialism, communism, imperialism, universalism, anarchism, and Confucian paternalism into one.

Ahh, so you know the work better than the author did. Fascinating.

>His harem consisted of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian and two French women. He gave them numbers, as he could not remember their names, and then usually forgot the numbers.
based

>The difference wasn't that extreme.
I got the impression that strength in the Power was analogous to physical strength, so Rand or Ishy was equivalent to someone like Eddie Hall or Hafthor Bjornsson and someone like Lanfear or Alivia was equivalent to a top female power lifter. If that's the case the strongest male would be roughly twice as strong as the strongest female, and you'd have to go quite a ways down the list of strongest male channelers before they are weaker than someone like Lanfear.

I think all the men are roughly four to eight times stronger than a woman of equivalent talent. However they can't link and as pointed out in one of the novel even Rand at his strongest would easily be bodied by twelve women with no talent as linking is multiplicative.

Of course the strongest result is when Men and Women work together.

>Of course the strongest result is when Men and Women work together.
That's problematic. I hope it's changed.

>Holy fuck I want to fuck Aran'gar and tell him that he's still a man as I ram his virgin hairy pussy and grope his gigantic K cups out in the woods away from the camp.

Attached: 1511876335498.jpg (645x773, 80K)

My guess was that the numerical scale in the Companion had to be logarithmic. Moragse is basically useless (with the power and otherwise). Morraine is described as being strong for a modern Aes Sedai, but struggled to deal with a fairly small number of Trollocs during the attack on Emond's Field, whereas someone like Logain or Taim wouldn't have blinked at them. So we have at least rough order-of-magnitude differences between steps.

It's hard to say, because we never see one of the top-level Asha'man go up against Semirhage, or Alvia fight a male forsaken. And Angreals make it harder to evaluate because we don't know their rules for how much they boost a channeler of a givne power level.

>that scene where Demandred teleports in with a full maxed circle of 72 men and women linked together and the Aes Sedai under Egwene who are limited to circles of 13 women ; realize they are properly fucked

problematic as hell

Fuck diversity.

tbqh it is quite annoying that anything described as not being lily-white is automatically open to being characterized as "black."
meds, arabs, indians, latin americans, south-east asians, etc. are a thing that exist, hollywood.

It doesn't matter actually. The books describe plenty of characters which are tan as being darker than they are. They are only using the pretense of it not being explicitly stated twelve times as a defense.

They would still defend the change because its just an excuse for pushing their politics.

I give both Sanderson and Demandred shit but I kinda marked out for that

This is why you shouldnt have an attachment to anything today, people will find a way to ruin it

so nigged up this will probably be the opening song

youtube.com/watch?v=1tJ9sdP_Pvw

just look what they did to the internet

yup, cant even laugh at retards online anymore, they will just bann you from everywhere

Excellent, thought-provoking post. Kudos!

Don´t really care about Wheel of time. More interested on the king killer chronicles, dark crystal and the dark tower adaptations, then comes the witcher and the black company, then LOTR and only THEN the wheel of time. I don´t even give a fuck about those GoT prequels either.

Lot´s of high fantasy shows coming up. And then there is stuff like Carnival row. We only need one of all of them to be decently good so i don´t really care if this one is dead on arrival.

t. rafe

>We only need one of all of them to be decently good
That doesn't make any sense from the viewer's point of view. Maybe the studios think that way?

Dabid botched gurm's shitty ending, but it was very uncucked in terms of race and gender politics in the last season

They want the propaganda to be successful and money isn't really important. If one is successful then in the following seasons load it up with more propaganda. Especially if its one of the ones with very little of. Its pretty common.

>Make series everyone likes
>Once its popular start filling it with propaganda
>Sunk cost makes people keep watching it
>Eventually drive the series into the ground

Attached: greens.jpg (324x27, 17K)

>Holy fuck I want to fuck Aran'gar and tell him that he's still a man as I ram his virgin hairy pussy and grope his gigantic K cups out in the woods away from the camp.
Something about this statement makes me want to fap. I don't know if it is the male subject, or the hairy pusy, or the k cups, or the woods, or the fact that he was definitely not a virgin, or just a mix of all of it

Being reborn restores your virginity

Attached: genetic lineage -GONE.png (875x719, 1.11M)

That's mostly what writing is. Originality is a meme

I read Poetics too

13 and 50

I don´t know, maybe it wouldn´t make sense if they where all on the same platform but considering nobody pays for every streaming service (always considering the viewer that matters is the one that actually pays to consume the product) it would be statistically unlikely that someone would watch all the shows. (they don´t care about pirates).

From their perspective it´s a race or competition so my bet is they are aiming to a fragmented market. Considering that it makes sense that while they all want the same-ish target audience each show is probably going to try and offer something unique to hook them on their show. Some will offer politics, some will offer better production values, some might try to offer better written characters or plots, some will get better actors, some will get better known actors, some will get cult actors and so on. With such a wide offer it is unlikely that every single show will suck (at least for the same reasons).

As a viewer i expect that at least one of those shows won´t suck.

/pol/

>“You have chosen a good campsite, young man,” she said. “I have often used it on my way to Remen. There is a small spring nearby. I trust you have no objection to my sharing it?” Her guards were already dismounting, hitching at their sword belts and loosening saddle girths.
>“None,” Rand told her. Careful. Two steps brought him close enough, and he leaped into the air, spinning—Thistledown Floats on the Whirlwind—heron-mark blade carved from fire coming into his hands to take her head off before surprise could even form on her face.

>Abruptly he channeled—not really understanding what it was he did, or how, only that it seemed right; and it worked, lifting the corpses. He set them in a line, facing him, kneeling, faces in the dirt. For those who had faces left. Kneeling to him.

Uh...

>your bro's milf mom rapes you and your biggest concern is whether your bro will still be your bro after finding out
>he fucking loves it and thinks you're great for his mom
Now that's a bro.

rand should be the only one remotely dark skinned from the two rivers cast. Aiel were redheaded niggers with gray? green eyes? For some reason I remember their eyes being some weird shit. Anyway there is no way this shit is gonna be serviceable at all but I'll pirate this dumb trash and watch it anyway just for the bare hope that I get to see some iota of Punished Rand kino.

Rand was paler than any of the 2 rivers folk, the aiel were naturally pale but being exposed to the sun all the time tanned them, that's all.
Two Rivers folk should be like, spaniards or latino, since they'd have the right coloring, but still possible to have fair skin just not as fair as a slav, nordic, or Irishman.

they were darkfriends though, with a grey man there to stab him

I like that Rand's paranoia and madness turns out to be the right path. It gives me hope

It's going to be epic. Even the rightard rage after every episode is going to be epic.

Thanks for reminding everyone that leftists are cancer.

>ruining someone else's story in an "adaptation" where you scrap their source material and tell your own story loaded with modern politics is "epic"

>haha I'm voting Trump just to trigger the libs

What is Punished Rand?

>Nynaeve discovers how to heal insanity
>"I have won again, Lews Therin"

they’re brown

A fool who persists in his folly will become wise

Trump and his supporters are leftists.

thot exterminator

I wiki'd it and you are right. My bad. Got hung up on the middle eastern culture influence and their similarities to the Fremen from Dune.

book six and after. Rand gets trapped by some aes sedai bitches and completely fucking loses it along with his brain-soul-destiny connection to previous dragons and his gluttonous pulls of the tainted male side of the source completely warping his mind.

I made the mistake of saying this once to coworkers

yeah easy to mistake, also among the parallels to the Fremen are messiah character (Rand/Paul), and the distinct light eye coloring that is near universal, some are green, some are blue, some are grey, but there's pretty much no brown eyes among Aiel, fremen of course, have distinct blue eyes from the spice.

Heh. Were you able to find a new job?

>Fellow nynaeve lovers
God damn it hurts being so based bros I'd love to tug on her braids and smooth her skirts if you know what I mean :)

Attached: 1560086847462.png (1139x2072, 570K)

I'm officially On Leave but my investments are doing well. Also I still have access to-- wait, what am I doing?

This but no irony added.

Absolutely fucking based

thank you. I haven't finished the series yet because every god damn book starts with the fucking slog of slogs of jordan reminding you that Rand is the dragon reborn and he's from the two rivers and also the dark one is gonna ruin the world and aes sedai are etc. etc.
The pacing can be abysmal at times but i'm seriously gonna close this thread and just go read.

>how do you do fellow kids
You fucking retards are so easy to spot it’s hilarious.

Mmm pretty cringe post my man. You some kinda darkfriend? I hear you have to suck a halfmans dick to get in but I suppose learning how to not sweat would be a nice advantage to big fat autistic retards like you

She's easily one of the best developed characters in the series. The show will never do it justice.

This is the Eminem's Killshot of /wot/ posts

Rafe loves Egwene. He'll destroy Nyn

Rand and Mat are relentlessly handsome. I want to kiss them relentlessly.

Trollocs will most likely look like shit. Myrdraal will probably be nazghouls
if shadar logoth is in ANY way lessened i'll rip my dick off. It already hurts that padain fain wasn't as big a player as I thought he would be in the end. Nigga was outside the weave. Something unknown to the dark one himself. Was hoping he would be the surprise! actual final boss.

I want Rand-Mat bromance.

Find it super intresting that Rand had no problem terminating this thot, but couldn't bring himself to patrol Lanfear later.

I suspect his white knighting was actually madness caused by the Taint.

When does this pile of shit release? Going to pirate just to post wot memes with you guys.

Also what's your favourite scene, for me it's Rand losing his shit on dragonmount and almost nuking the whole world.

EXT. TWO RIVERS, SOMALIA

A helicopter is flying over, with a MYRDDRAAL surveying the land.

NATTI CAUTHON:
I'm giving birth, Abel! I want to name him Ma-

The MYRDDRAAL opens fire, killing every Cauthon present.

drops october 2nd

When the Asha chad who is op with gateways but shit at everything else drops the middle of dragonmount of some trolloc fags, that shit was next level

>some people missed spending half a page describing a dress.
why I stopped reading the series

Kingkiller fucking sucks my nigger. You are a fucking pleb ranking that shit so high.

yeah no way I give amazon a dime over this.

>he doesn't pay for Prime just for the one-day delivery
WoT is going to be a perk but you're missing out

I don't order from amazon anymore either.

Those fucking mental gymnastics jesus fuck

Apparently amazon called the harem sexist, and is going to change the relationship between rand and his 3 ladies.

youtube.com/watch?v=n73Oda3W8I8

They're not teenagers, except for Egwene, Rand, Mat, and Perrin are 20 years old at the start of the story. Egwene is 18 and Nyneave is 26.

That's cool. I'm all over the place and Locker delivery is better than trying to manage multiple PO boxes. I get you, though.

POO IN EGWENE

DINDU NUFFNAEVE

I’m going to stop shopping at Amazon and cancelling Prime because of this post.

realistically even before this I ordered from amazon maybe 2-3 times a year so prime was never worth it. You still got free delivery on orders over $25 so that covered most of it, I just had to be more patient.

But now, I will use pretty much any online store (even walmart) over Amazon. I know, me alone won't do shit. But it's the principle.

>the show will be about balance vs imbalance instead of the antiquated and frankly racist light vs dark

uh oh

Your loss, my friend! You're not going to be able to see Jack Ryan S2, either (unless you steal it, but why would you do that?) and that's going to be one HECK of a show.

I appreciate that you still have the will to fight. Lost mine, my friend.

WHY CANT THESE FUCKING KIKES KEEP THEIR HANDS OUT OF EVEN ONE FUCKING THING HOLY SHIT

You’d be surprised at how much this kind of boycott can move the needle. Gillette’s woke ad basically fucked an entire division of P&G.

Whatever you feel about sanderson he and jordan were bros and he tried to do right by the series. There's no two writers alive that one can die in the middle of his 'magnum opus' and hand off to the other without some amount of hiccup in tone and pacing.
Nothing to whinge about. Nigga died. Shoulda finished his fucking boooks faster. Or rather, it should inspire oneself to accomplish ones most important life goals quickly and effectively lest your legacy be left "half done" or left in the hands of another by no rite of succession.

Watching a fucking darkfriend.

Attached: Get fucked waifucels.png (218x143, 69K)

I mean I went on amazon's twitter and tweeted to them that because of an inaccurate adaptation of one of my favorite book series, with writers choosing instead to tell their own story rather than the one they were tasked with adapting, that I will never give them business again.
So I let them know why but.. 1 person. Too many others aren't willing to inconvenience themselves or just don't care or actually WANT a jacked up adaptation with modern identity politics all over it. But I will not contribute to that.

It’s funny how hard they are spinning this even though Mat’s actor being white and the book covers etc. all showing them all as white completely torpedos their convoluted rationalizations. It’s like watching hardcore creationists trying to explain dinosaurs saying the earth is only 6000 years old.

>There's no two writers alive that one can die in the middle of his 'magnum opus' and hand off to the other without some amount of hiccup in tone and pacing.
Niven and Pournelle could have done it, man. You're welcome to your opinion about Sanderson, but I just don't like his books at all and would have preferred if Jordan's notes were published and the series left unfinished.

>1 person
2 of us now friend.

That line about Jordan’s cast choices being about facial features and not skin tone because Val Kilmer has blue eyes is surreal, like something straight out of 1984.

Nineteen Eighty-four was a welcoming guide, not a cautionary tale.

How can a sensible human person like Egwene?

Leftism is a mental illness.

>sensible
>human

Elder Haman, pls go

Thats just not fucking possible, egwenes cuntiness is an upward exponential function.

This thread is almost full. Should I make new general, or is it too late in the day?

do it