Modern viewers struggling with Yea Forums plots

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.45.57.png (667x518, 364K)

i don't care, next thread.

>10/04/16 New board for Yea Forums Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
thanks for bumping this epic thread . your so needy that you couldnt avoid bumping this. and your going to bump it again because you cant be left with your user post making you look burntthefuckout

I cant even remember the last time i didn't guess the entire plot of a show in the first 5 mins, including twists.

Then again thats what you get when you hire wikipedia degree millenials to diversify your show.

gf keeps scrolling instagram during a series or movie.

i literally don't get it. what's the fucking point?

Attached: 1512447354405.gif (1080x1080, 504K)

she's probably browsing based Cavill's account and imagining what it would be like dating a chad

If he knew what saging was, he could avoid that. But I'm pretty sure half this board doesn't know what it is because they only got here in the last three years.

Why even have the television on? Put on some music if you're not going to engage with the second screen.

not surprised tv shows have blacked shit these days

I guess this is the only way to wake the whitoids up from their fluroid stare looking at their phones

My brothers wife does this shit. Can't even follow a simple Law and Order plotline because she is on Amazon

>fluoride stare
goddamn my sides

i see her screens, all she's looking it is other girls, then she wonders why she has self-esteem issues. MAYBE JUST WATCH THE MOVIE BITCH!!

Attached: 1511052138265.png (768x768, 153K)

Is there even any show with a legit complex plot

Legion demands attention

Up next, OUCH MY BALLS

>Modern viewers lose track of tv shows because they are boring as shit and would rather do anything but watch the show but they've been programmed to sit in front of the box while it's on.

But all the most popular shows have super long complex plots

I hate this so much.
>watching movie with friend
>5 minutes in he pulls out his phone and starts fucking around
>watching movie with dad
>does the same
>hanging out with friend doing random shit
>pulls out his phone
>go out in punlic
>people have such shit attention spans they're literally walking around with their faces in their phones
At least it's fun telling people I don't have a phone, and watching their heads explode. They will literally get physically upset with me. It's absolutely astounding how many people have fallen for the cell jew.

>ex complained that I focus too much on the movies
Fuck women.

It's all predictable junk, anyway

This explains why GoT received so much praise, nobody fucking watched it

I can't watch things with other people because I tend to sperg out if people don't pay attention. same when people use their phones or cameras too much

thought it was someone sucking dick in the thumbnail

I found out that when most people say they 'watched' something they actually mean they had it on in the background while doing something else. Explains why shitty shows do so well.

Most of what they're watching is garbage anyway.

Same, but I don't want to say anything and piss the person off, and end up having them get up and do shit on their phone in another room.

It’s really fucking sad tbqh. In response to these retards, shows and movies are being dumbed down. Esoteric movies aren’t getting wide releases because the majority of audiences are too dumb to understand what’s going on. Capeshit culture is a symptom of these people - constant bright colours and sensory overload to keep the retards engaged.

people on this board are especially guilty of this, don't think you're any better than the normies. i've seen threads where retards can barely watch a movie for 30 minutes before alt-tabbing and making a thread asking about whatever details the movie has

Anyone that still watches movies or shows (that they care about) with other people is a retard. It’s impossible to do these days. You can literally see people exhibit signs of withdrawal and get fidgety if they haven’t looked at their phone in half an hour.

A lot of those threads are bait to be fair. The ones that aren’t are made by capeshit zoomers that have infested Yea Forums in the last ~4 years.

Only takes me 2 minutes, what are you some kind of moron?

>Have sex

Attached: 1565549363179.jpg (1598x2015, 652K)

Not having a phone just shows that you have just as little self control as they do. Phones offer too much convenience to not have one unless you really can't control yourself with one, or you just never step outside your basement, which would again show a lack of self control.

newfag, thats been coined since 2016

>the irony of the one taking the picture

If you're gonna watch a movie or tv show, you should give it all of your attention. And if it can't keep all of your attention, it's probably not for you. Most people only watch tv out of boredom though, not for the aesthetic experience. That would explain a lot.

>complex tv plots
I'm sure this has nothing to do with viewers being shitskins.

Lets be honest, "modern viewers" is just analogous for "women"

It really grinds my gears when people pull out their phones for no good reason while you're doing something together. I've walked out on first dates with girls because they couldn't stay away from their phones for half an hour. Talk about being disrespected. You shouldn't tolerate that from anyone. Call them out on it.

When I show movies at home, I collect all the phones from everyone. You want to play on your phone, get the fuck out.

Fuck me I used to date a girl like this

Every 5 minutes
>what's happening?
>who's that?
>what is going on?
>where are they?

Couldn't watch fucking ANYTHING with her.

My mom was retarded before she ever had a smart phone. Was it because she was always half reading books?
"multi tasking" is a meme because in 100% of cases you do two or more things poorly rather than one decently. I always thought the meme of reading books making you smarter was true until I met my mom, she's a retard and a half but reads a dozen books a month.

>sister looking through her phone during movie
>asks me whats going on

Attached: 1402864765646.png (196x255, 103K)

Women are fucking stupid and distracted by EVERYTHING because they hate having to focus on complex stuff.
Ever had this happen to you? A girl asks you something, you proceed to explain it to her and if absolutely anything happens in the vicinity (a cat appears, she gets a phone message, a fucking cloud appears in the sky) she has to verbally acknowledge what just happened and menstruate her stupid fucking emotions about it for a few minutes before she goes "Sorry, continue please."
It's one thing if they do that when someone is talking boring shit to them but they literally do it when they are the ones who asked you to tell them something.

Stop talking about your mom like that you ungrateful piece of shit.

And people say marathoning a single movie is not possible... Zoomers can't do that

cavill is probably the most based WoW player in history

Attached: 3hai2gw79gh31.jpg (750x1334, 126K)

Just as annoying is when you go to the bathroom for a second or whatever, and the moment you leave, out comes the phone. "Thank god you left now I can finally scroll through Instagram again." It's a fucking addiction, like an alcoholic hitting the booze like he couldn't keep it together for the half hour his family came over.

I wonder if I fought against being pussy whipped would my girlfriend leave me for a more subservient man

>have three friends from middle school
>we never hang out after graduating high school
>one has the idea to have a movie night once a month
>one friend picks up the other two, one buys alcohol, one buys food, the one guy hosts because he has biggest tv with surround sound
>each bring a movie
>usually watch 2 but sometimes get through all 4
>host friend gets fucking married and his girlfriend moves in with him
>she is now automatically invited to all movie nights
>is exactly the phone addicted stereotype
>is decent enough to take calls in the other room but comes back and asks what she missed
>gets pissed when you pause and try to tell her because she realizes how inconsiderate she is being

Fucking casuals.

I watch shows/youtube on one screen while I play vidya one main screen and browse sites on another one while also fiddling or playing a game on my phone and I still don't lose track of most plotlines.

You telling me I can't drink in my own fucking house?

It's a metaphor numbnuts. Yes, yes you can be an alcoholic in your own fucking house. But you're still pathetic.

I'm on my phone because you're not interesting and the things you want me to watch are absolute garbage. I don't make you watch things that make me say "okay it gets good in a minute" because I'm not a narcissistic asshole.

You can just say you don't like the thing you're watching without being a passive-aggressive little bitch about it. Or are you so afraid of confrontation you don't dare tell your friend you don't like his movie rec? You're a woman.

They needed a study to figure out what I've observed for years? Again?

>you don't work out everything that happens before you even watch the show

fucking amateur hour

Lol. I bet she also has her cellphone locked with a password so you can't "invade her privacy"

>ywn play WoW Classic with Cavill.

Attached: 1562646249715.jpg (924x571, 81K)

No one uses passwords these days.

It's all fingerprints.

Its comes from the mentality that TV/Film is mindless entertainment. My mum will leave the tv on shows that she actively despises and get angry when i turn it off or change the channel, because she uses it for background noise. In a similair way these people (I'd bet its mostly girls, kids and people on a break) aren't watching random shit on tv because they want to but because they got nothing better to do.

You set these same people in front of shows and movies that relate to there genuine interests and I'm sure most would be able to follow it.

'Course the problem with newer gens going foreward is that people will have a harder and harder time being an individual and actively enjoying ghings because they dont wanna seem lame or get caught liking the wrong thing.

Attached: EBXpl_WU4AIcgte.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

A thing only becomes true when the funny hats say it. Recently a woman got her PhD (!) in "communication science" for her thesis in which she "analyzed" (aka asked a bunch of people some questions) people's behavior on Tinder and concluded that the majority of guys on it don't get laid.

>gf wears gloves at all times so as not to leave fingerprints for you to dupe

That explains capeshit

That's all of non-STEM research fields.
Try to write your doctoral thesis about the way people communicate online about TV shows. Tell your doctoral advisor about different paradigms on different platforms and how you wanna adjust your approach to it. He immediatly goes like "BUT WE DON'T KNOW IF [PLATTFORM] MODS BAN PEOPLE FOR [X]" You can show a million examples but as long as not a single faggy researcher has written so in a book, it's not a valid premise. Those research projects always state the fucking obvious because these faggot overseers would doubt the existence of gravity if it wasn't for Isaac Newton.
>t. PhD student

Whatever. I was talking in general

My boomer parents don't even use cell phones and can barely follow even generic CBS shows these days. Hmmm.They might be getting senile.

and here I thought I wasted so much time getting a BS

actually, a friend is going for some kind of law related phd and it sounds like a whole bunch of bullshit

You can gank him with your mates while sippin beer and chilling on discord if you roll Alliance on his realm, sounds like a good time

In my experience it's more that boomer parents grew up with very straightforward plots in movies, tv shows, comics, etc. Even most classic literature follows one protagonist on a journey.
Modern TV however often has multiple perspectives, sometimes there isn't even a singular main character you could isolate. They are confused by it because it betrays every expectation they have about storytelling.

yo girl is a lesbo yo
based frogger
maybe ask for a 3sum with yo mama fool
worst version of beast boy out yo

It is. I only do this shit because the pay is pretty decent and I barely have to work. Went to trade school before uni and while it paid well, I couldn't stand being treated like a retard by a bunch of boomers who'd resort to arguments such as "I'm way older than you so I know better!"
PhD programs are fucking stupid outside of STEM. My ex did her PhD in pharmacy and that didn't have these stupid issues but you work yourself to the bone in such fields with 12h days.

A BS is all I'd get these days if I could turn back time.

this

yea pretty much

Subhuman zoomer

Convenience? I didn't have a phone growing up and I was fine. It's not needed. It's a luxury, not something you need to have at all times.
I have a phone. I don't use it for calls, just a s a small tablet to store shit. I don't take itt out of the house because I have butterfingers. I've been using it for 7 years. You won't see me buying a new shitty phone every 6 months.

I just love when people get weirded out by my old-ass flip-phone.

What complex plots?

Is that... an old flip-phone, user?
Why are you racist like that!?

I can't pay attention to TV because it's so shit, mostly.

Not their fault TV shows are boring as fuck.

My gf is doing a PhD in oncology. You'd think it would be free of petty politics and bootlicking the foundations for money because, well, it's cancer research. But the competition is killing, you spend more time than you can imagine writing the perfect proposals and selling yourself to these cancer foundations, and on top of all of that she's working 12h days in the laboratory, and about 3 hours more when she gets home. And she's on stand-by 24/7 just in case the local hospital diagnosed a person with a tumor. Wherever she is, she then needs to hurry to the hospital to get the parents/patient to sign a paper saying they approve of donating a tiny bit of tissue to her research.

That's why I only watch old shit. Mostly pre-50s but anything before 2005 is usually fine. Post 2005 indie movies are okay too.

Because everything has to be like got where you have to read some wiki to get it but also the show itself is so full of boring ass filler just to pad it all out so they can make another season that the only way you can follow any of it is if you're so fucking autistic you're going to be writing articles in the aforementioned wiki. Like just write good stories and fuck all this fluff and world building and shit nobody has time or patience for.

Yeah, that whole kissing someone's ass to get your funding and endless writing of exposés is a given for all fields of research.
But yeah, all these fields even remotely health-related will kill you. I hope it won't kill your relationship, user. Sure happened to me.

>women and their fucking phone

*Women

>One need only watch the way they behave at a concert, the opera, or the play; the childish simplicity, for instance, with which they keep on chattering during the finest passages in the greatest masterpieces. If it is true that the Greeks forbade women to go to the play, they acted in a right way; for they would at any rate be able to hear something.

Attached: schopenhauer.jpg (833x500, 68K)

Good to know you don't know what convenience means. Maybe if you could bing that your life would be a improved

have sex

Based and Homopilled (suppository)

I'm still disappointed that I had to get rid of mine, because it was on the cdma network and this country retired it. Plus it was one of the first flip-phones available, so it was already old as hell.

Mostly disappointed because I liked to make fun of my siblings and friends for being immature clumsy fucks who broke/lost a phone every handful of months.

Based

Where have you heard that? I remember reading once he was quite the ladiesman while a young student (but can't find the source since) but he had a bastard son (who died in infancy) and frequently visited whorehouses while traveling.

who even does studies like these
and why

See: . Some commsi major then gets to call herself a PhD for doing absolutely irrelevant and easy work. They can then put her in the statistics saying more women than men are getting PhDs (and why that's a good thing).

This.

Attached: idontwatchtelevisionormoviesanymoreandjustpretendidotofitin.jpg (455x340, 43K)

>boomer talking shit when he just can't into multitasking

>Where have you heard that?
My ass, i'm just shitposting desu.

I’d like to struggle with that girl sitting on my face

I do. There's nothing convenient FOR ME about it. I don't take selfie or pictures. I hate talking on the phone. I prefer reading a book to reading on a phone. I plan my outings before going out so I never have to use google map on the go.

People even do it when they want you to watch something they liked, stepmum wanted to get me into son's of anarchy, 10 minutes in pulls out her fucking phone.

This isn't a suprise to anyone that have watched a movie with a girl. Constantly on the phone and when something is happening they ask "what's happening? why?"

Addict cope

watching SW with my phone-addicted dad:
Chewie: RAAAWWWW
Dad (taking his face off his phone): What did he say?

This, my wife has a PhD in agricultural nutrition and I get to come along for all the conferences, 90% of the dinner conversations are about politics, there is always some dumb cunt diversity hire going on about muh evil orange man and many uncomfortable faces around them who clearly don't give a shit or support trump who can't say anything because the Uni heads are jewish women.
Worst part is we aren't even american's and the conferences aren't even in America.

It does back up what we all already knew - normals never cared about the plot, they just wanted to cheerlead their favorite 'team'.

>Not paying attention to something makes it harder for you to remember things about it.

Ya don't say.

I've dated two PhD candidates, one was doing research for the NSF and the other was doing research about the Mexican film industry. I can confirm that my ex who was working for the NSF was surrounded by men and my ex who was sitting on her ass watching movies in Spanish was surrounded by women and men who were only in a PhD program because their professors wanted to keep them from being deported. This is at an AAU school.

this

ive also read scriptwriting textbooks too and that shit is so formulaic i can always immediately tell when act 1 ends, when we're about to reach the inciting incident, etc, and no modern movies or television is likeable enough to ignore the formula

Attached: StoryDiamondMASTER-KEY.001.jpg (540x756, 129K)

literally me

>watch kino
>start googling what else lead actors and actresses were in
>start checking out the wikifeet pages of my waifus of that movie/show
>don't know wtf is going on in the movie anymore

I'm assuming you're from the US?

As someone from another country that is almost cashless by now, the US is gonna reach this point eventually and you'll have to get one. Admittedly that does indeed not change what you said since it won't be from convenience but rather from necessity that you get a smartphone.

kek

I doubt you have the self awareness to speak with truth, and you're just saying something you think sounds reasonable.

>doctoral thesis about the way people communicate online about TV shows
good to see the next generation has their priorities straight

Attached: 1551999769630.gif (250x204, 1.3M)

>complex plots on tv
AAHAHAHAHAHAAOOOHAHAHAHAHAH!!

It's your problem for not watching kino stuff alone.

Do you also play kino games like Uncharted and Mass Effect while talkign to your buddies?

> the pay is pretty decent
Here you barely get minimal wage and that is still only enough to die basically. Not the main reason I'll stop at my masters though (wasted too much time doing my BSc and I want to get some money now). Doing physics btw.

Women can't even pay attention to plots without phones. They constantly ask obvious shit like

>Who is that?
>Why did he do that?
>What's happening?
>Where did he go?

I swear it's only women who do that, never seen a guy ask these questions 5 minutes into a movie

though that kid was going down on the girl from the thumbnail lol

I work 20h a week now and earn as much as I did before with a trade school diploma working 40h a week.

Eh could be worse, at least she's trying. She's a lot better than most women.

and redpilled

not to normalfags, they get so god damn offended. people take a swing at you when you say metallica fucking sucks and sold out 40 years before they were born. they wrap their pride up in their tastes and take offense when you don't like it.

or since cellular telephones came out people carry them everywhere and always want to show you "this funny picture i just saw!!!". if you don't get that ten times a day you're a shut in or don't live on earth.

get laid nerd. btw i was here before you

Or the TV shows suck.

Attached: 1421913655191.jpg (249x238, 23K)

The fluoride stare is when people are trying to disengage from you while you talk about race realism, how based trump is and your conspiracy theories in work.

Or conversely they want to escape your fantasies of creating a super race by forcibly breeding blonde women with refugees and communism.

It's much worse when you explain something and after a few days the same question comes up again because she has already forgotten about it. You explain it again, telling yourself to not argue about whether or not this was already discussed, and after a week the same fucking question comes up. Do women have no ability to memorize information?

maybe if the shows were good people wouldn't be bored and play with their phones

That's what debit cards are for you lard ass.
>nooooooo but you need teh use teh phonez for everythingz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That will, quiet literally, never happen.

Movies are no good either, those have girls in them too. I wish there was an entire genre dedicated to not casting women in any role at all. The only thing I have are some sketch comedy groups, and even some women sneak into some bits.

>Sorry, please continue
die

Attached: 1478661659795.jpg (600x549, 144K)

They're just stupid, user. You probably know a lot of spoiled princesses who get to be stupid by default, but it's not just women.
t. retard father who is constantly asking what's going on and who's that in the visual media he has been paying undivided attention to since it started (and some other anons ITT with similar tales)

What's going on in this thread?

NPC's

I don't appeal to authority.

She'll call you a fucking asshole but will get over it so long as you aren't a total dick.

Start calling these niggers out on this behavior.

I hate the invention of smartphones. They have ruined the population in general but women are especially bad. Ever other minute that fucking thing comes out and I'm with you there, it's not like I see my gf chatting with some Chad on the side or something. Its always some fucking coupon app, some shopping deals, some generic instagram posts whatever. It's such an endless assault on your senses and time by banalities that drowns out any genuine moments. I sometimes feel like I'll eventually have to go live in a buddhist temple or out in the woods alone with my dog to escape what has become our modern reality. My gf is a very, very smart person but spents almost her entire time looking at stupid shit she'll forget a minute later.

I'm familiar with something similar to this. A woman will make a statement, maybe an accusation even (you always do x, why aren't you doing y etc). When asked to substantiate their claims they have nothing and act like YOU are the strident cunt for arguing the point. Like you are some sort of weirdo for demanding arguments and are boring them with your inability to let it go when they brought the topic up in the first place.

The people with whom I watch movies don't have this problem, but last night I got kind of mad because they all picked up their phones the instant the film ended. Only one person discussed it with me, the others were catching up on their lost hour and a half of phone time.

Based. Phone got stolen three months ago and I haven't replaced it. It feels like there is so much more freedom when people can't reach you whenever they want.

Question: what do people actually do on their phones whilst watching something? Texting? Browsing social media (instagram, facebook, etc)? Other?

so you don't have a job and are trying to brag
that's weird

I only do this when I'm having an argument with someone on here and cannot let it go

>he wants his boss to call him whenever he wants just to tell you to work faster
Good goy.

Watching something better because what you put on sucks

>I'm not a shut in for staring at my good screen all my life, you are!
You definitely lack self awareness

It’s a fear of missing out phenomenon that is entirely responsible for Netflix’s success. People don’t actually enjoy the shows, they just don’t want to be able to say they’ve seen the same shows as everyone else.

You misunderstanding what I said isn't the same as an argument you fucking idiot.

I understand you better than you do, sweetie. Now go play some candy crush, or browse ifunny and calm down

thought he played alliance though?

It's funny because I'm the exact opposite. Anytime someone likes bringing up the latest meme show, I like going out of my way to tell them I've never seen the show and I don't plan on doing so. Usually drives them up a wall.

>implying
None of my bosses has ever called me when I wasn't on work hours.

Want to know how I know you have a penis

This is exactly how I felt. It's like being shackled to a post where anyone can demand things of you whenever they want if you use it "properly". Now if there's a call from someone I don't want to answer, I just let it ring until it hangs up by itself. I used to think that was rude, but you shouldn't be forced to stop and give time to everyone whenever. It's your right not to.

yesterday I was watching to live and die in la and i was trying to piss in a bottle while laying down and ended up pissing a little on my bed and i lost a few minutes of the film here and there by trying to clean it with my jerk off paper etc

was not a a good experience but I really liked the film. what other friedkien kinos should I watch? already seen exorcist and killer joe which was sweet as SHIT

>bitching about smartphones ruining women while you yourself waste away your life shitposting on an Ukrainian cave painting forum

cringe
please have sex

One of them fucks up the dating and social dynamic, the other is a way to pass time and vent. I'll let you guess which one is which since you're so smart.

I'm also too smart for writers, I always know what the plot will be.

I'm not like those sheep either, I'm always aware of my surroundings while everyone else is mindlessly thumbing their phone.

Normal people don't watch media to absorb it outside of talking points to confirm biases. It's why going to the movies is associated so heavily with dating.

You do the go on forums too often to stay kept up with all the retards to stay in that group. Not different at all

Why yes I do fuck women. How did you know?

Attached: giga.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

Coping mechanism found plus a splash of addiction

>Yea Forums does not fuck up dating and social dynamics
lmao what?

wow a truly enlightened centrist

>Henry Cavill is actually a patrician
Well damn.

yeah im sure the 2 threads I visit a day are the same. lel get fucked.

Stop lying you coping retard.

This. That person you replied to lies to themselves and Unironically keeps themselves in a safespace bubble

>watch a movie with a women
>she either asks 6,000,000 questions and complains about how boring it is or scrolls through twitter and remains relatively silent

Take your pick.

No one believes your two thread bs. But if you want to lie to yourself , i wont argue that you need to stop doing that because you would just lie it away anyways

>Usually drives them up a wall.
come on do a greentext

they destroyed my general bro... I just come to tv to shittalk now.

The smartphone and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

>not paying attention is considered multitasking by zoomers
What dumbass generation you faggots turned out to be.

No you weren't.

This was already happening before smartphones were a thing.

Social media fucks up women in far great ways then some virgin does shitposting in a basement you massive retard.

CRINGE

Imagine believing this.

very based

Imagine having an ax wound between your legs.

How do I get hair like that?

>get high t
>start to go bald
>never brush your hair

>going on annual leave
>know an important job is coming up and a woman at work is going to have to do it in my place while I'm away
>walk her through the process before I leave
>have her also write down all the steps required to do it
Guess who I got a phone call from first thing in the morning while I was away?

>They get physically upset with me

Post a story of someone getting physically upset that you don't own a phone, because honestly people shrug it off when I tell them I don't have a phone

seethe boomer

shut the fuck up cumbrain

>struggling with Yea Forums plots

More like most shows are too long for their own good. Very few shows deserve a full hour per episode and those that do rarely need more than 16 episodes AT THE VERY MOST to tell their story if the writers actually had a story they wanted to tell from the get go.

>i'm retarded
Stop posting.
There are uniroincally two types of people today, those who are so insanely boring that they only sit infront of the tv or browse their phone while ignoring the people around them.
Have you ever been to a 2019 party? These people are incapable of doing anything fun. Normalniggers are actually mentally ill, the spergs who live around here are the only ones outside doing things and talking to people.

This only happens when I watch something boring.

Once you know a writer's politics, especially if they're fanatical Leftists, you can pretty much accurately predict where the plot is going the majority of the time because they will never ever sacrifice their politics and what they personally believe for the sake of the characters or storytelling. This is why I hate GURM. His fantasy novels are terrible, he will never have his Left-leaning politics be discredited in an ancient setting that clearly won't entertain such thoughts if it's supposed to be "realistic" to its tone and setting.

Based retard

I can't say that I don't dual screen, but I do it with shows that I don't have a particular interest in but will get a rough understanding of the situation. Very few films/shows grab me. The last show that made me actually sit down and watch the episodes was Z Nation and the 3rd(4th?) season changed all that by having 90% of the episodes be filler. It had some fun episodes, but a lot of them were largely 'what is the fucking point?'. This is the issue with shows.

Shows either will be dumb as fuck or simplifed to a degree that people can understand (LAST WEEK ON X) that they become largely filler. Or they're not and are over by 1-3 seasons. Very few ''''complex'''' shows get past three seasons. Shows like GoT are major outliers but everybody wants one. Or The Walking Dead.

>GURM
whom?

>spents almost her entire time looking at stupid shit she'll forget a minute later.
Well, you're here. If you ask me, you two were made for each other

Makes sense. I've seen this happen many times. Sit down with someone because you want to share with them some important film; it's their first time watching it, and then they miss 1/2 of it and never figure out the plot.

Same thing happens with one person I know who will put on a movie, and then walk out of the room a dozen times while it is running.

Aside from losing the plot, you also lose the emotional arc of the film. So, when you reach a scene that is an emotional culmination of everything that has happened up to that point, it is lost on you because you were never emotionally involved in the characters.

INV CAVILL LAYER PLZ

Yes, because the latest celebrity gossip, tutorials on makeup, posting selfies, farming attention and money from soiboys, and trying to hook up with Chad, are the same as posting on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

why is your gf trying to fuck chad, bro? that seems a bit cucked

He nearly missed his Superman audition because he was too busy playing WoW.

If you haven't noticed, we are currently engaged in what could at least loosely be called a discussion about a societal issue. It's not the world but it's definitely better than looking at products on instagram.

Sounds like soi projection.

Goddamnit how based can one man be

Can he be any more chad?

Attached: you'll never be henry cavill and make girls do this.webm (1100x850, 1.77M)

>kino games like Uncharted and Mass Effect
lmao

No, I think he's hit the theoretical Chad ceiling.

Yes, that is the joke he made. That's exactly his point. Learn what context is, dicknuts.

Read that again. A little slower this time.

By the time user finds himself here his dating and social dynamics have already been fucked up. This entire site is a containment board, a way to keep damaged freaks from being unleashed onto the general populace. Meanwhile Instahoe and Snapthot actively turn generations of women into even vapider cunts.

I have hair like that and let me tell you it fucking sucks.

I felt this in my fingers. I felt it in my bones.

I only do this when I'm watching something I've already seen

this is true of millenials for sure but boomers also cannot watch anything with a complex plot for different reasons. The only shit they can enjoy is rigidly formulaic shows that are just the same exact thing for 100+ episodes.
For example if you show a boomer a crime show that isn't some CSI killer of the week bullshit where everything gets neatly solved at the end of 45 minutes they will not be able to stay invested. Adult scooby doo mysteries is all they know now and any police or crime show that isn't that is "too weird" or "boring"

I usually read the plot on Wikipedia while I'm watching it so I don't miss out. Then when it comes to 20 minutes left I'll read the ending before it happens so I understand and there's no surprises

Well, take TWD for instance. That series has been basically meandering between locations and set pieces while waiting for the next batch of character deaths for the past few seasons. Actively watching and getting absorbed in the barebones plot that will not resolve the main conflict or impact the story in any meaningful way is pointless when the only thing anyone talks about is character deaths or fakeouts of said deaths. Who could blame people for getting bored during that shit?

Then you have shows that chicks like such has How to Get Away With Murder which is a bunch of pseud shit that makes no fucking sense anyway so why would you even watch it, let alone actively absorb the plot?

I relate to this because I drink too much. I can only watch sitcoms, nothing with a continuous plot or I will drop the show.

grrm

it's probably a very biased study, considering most attempts at writing a complex plot completely ignore pacing and narrative
of course people are going to get distracted if they have the chance to do it

i dont get it

>complex plots
What?

I got a gf after finding Yea Forums. What do you say about that, faggot?

It's like a MENSA meeting in here.

Attached: 1554974078208.png (959x1024, 753K)

It means when an hour long TV show dedicates 45 minutes of run time to characters sitting around and talking about how the plot happened and why.

>that hair
>those opinions
based as fuck

>don't criticize women!!!!
>dumb incels
every. fucking. time.

Bunp

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I say congratulations and try not to choke on "her" feminine penis

OLD MEDIA IS DEAD
LONG LIVE THE ERA OF INTERSTITAL MESSAGING APP SPONSORED CONTENT

That's how normies watch anything. It's like how most of them loved game of thrones but couldn't name more than 2 characters.

cope harder, nigger.

if i wanted a complex plot I'd read the superior medium that is literature

white knight in orbit here

no one here are saying incels are better than women though, they are at the same level of stupidity

Honestly this. Take Star Wars for example - one of the simplest, most laid out to bare plot lines in any franchise ever, and yet people don't know 95% of the shit about the actual plot. Actually, most people I talk to know about Han and Leia but seem fuzzy about Luke. Look, I sound like a fag here, but it's just crazy to me to hear people say they don't know what's going on when they attack the death star for example. These are also people that say SW is their favorite movie franchise.

I thought normiefags hated Season 8?

My roommate does the same, he takes the phone everywhere. I've seen him wake up, shuffle out of bed, eyes still squinting and has his phone three inches from his face.

>another delusional luke baby.
everyone sane hates that twink.

Normalfags are like dogs, they need the sounds from the tv so they think they aren't alone

>tv is on
>nobody is in the room
>turn it off
>my mom and sister rush in from the opposite side of the house
>WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU user TURN IT BACK ON AT ONCE

Literally every normalfag I lived with turned the tv on when they got home, and didn't even watch it

>normie friend always has phone in hand during movies
>talk to him about black mirror episode we both watched
>ask him why he hated the episode
>idk I wasn't really paying attention so I didn't understand the ending
I wish I could be as retarded as some of these people

Sadly you are spot on with your take on boomers. The amount of crime shows and crime novels my mother consumes is just absurd and for some reason it never gets boring to her. I suspect the appeal to the boomer mind is that you have a violent act to set the story off (at the same time it's the safest and most easily digestible kind of "thrill" or "suspense" so the boomer isn't too far out of his comfort zone) which is neatly resolved at the end with no questions remaining, chaos has been defeated and order is restored. The characters are defined almost entirely by their narrative function (police/victim/killer) and pose no unwelcome invitation to reflect on them on any deeper level.

There's never a fascinating character, not even a clever resolution to the pseudo mystery of who the killer is because it's always just a new piece of evidence getting discovered, results from the lab or sheer accident. In a way it's completely arbitrary if the killer turns out to be person A and person B was a red herring or vice versa because the solution is not intrinsically tied to the narrative itself.

I mean take movies like Prisoners or Seven. On the surface level they have similar plots to crime shows but there is so much more going on in regards to cinematography, symbolism, emotional weight, characters etc.

>watch movie with bf
>he keeps checking his phone
>he tells me he is "checking his (you)s"
>mfw

Attached: 1564240929208.png (621x595, 237K)

>This explains why GoT received so much praise, nobody fucking watched it
It started to suck ass somewhere around season 5, which is when more normies started watching it.

>watch Kill Bill v1 few weeks ago
>roomie loves it obsessed with the violence
>put on Kill Bill v2 few days ago
>who is that, why does she want to kill Bill, is Bill her dad, ew she just kissed her dad
>starts playing on his phone
>get to the scene where Kiddo is sneaking up on Budd and swings open the door and he shoots her
>he looks up from the phone "shouldn't there be a hole in the door?"
>turned it off and went to my room

Attached: 1566332107636.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

This, why can't western crime shows be as interesting as Phoenix Wright or Dangan ronpa?

This. I hate smartphones. I remember when they started to become popular ( I was the last one on my friends group who got one) and we went to the pub and everyone was just staring at their phones and stayed completely silent. Later that evening i had to grab my friend from his shirt and pull him back from front of a car. Coffee breaks used to be so much fun at work when people talked and joked around. Nowdays everyone just fucking stares at their phone and if you try to talk something you only get " huh.... yeah"

Damn, sounds like you're just a boring person who can't keep people invested. My mates and I hardly ever take out our phones when we're at the pub. And I rarely ever notice people doing this when I'm talking to them.

Well lucky you. The first story was years ago and it has tuned down a bit but should i allways be the one in a group of 5+ friends and 10+ coworkers to put up a show and dance when they dont even talk to each other ?

Attached: proles.jpg (1821x212, 94K)

>Ever had this happen to you? A girl asks you something
i unironically haven't conversed with any woman in over 3 years

Things that never happened

Hey I was in that thread

Based

Attached: 1545253295045s.jpg (165x250, 6K)

I don't even know if 95% of the board knows where the term kino came from.

>watching tv
just kill yourself already

Nice cope, incel

no she will respect you more
she will leave you if you're her bitch
only a small percentage find that convenient enough to suffer being with a faggot

sounds like the shows fault for not holding their attention

you first 35yo virgin

No

Don't lie. You don't have a phone because nobody calls you or text you.

And these people are doctors, lawyers, cops, politicians...

Have sex.

If you don’t have a phone, then how are you posting this..?

How could they?

I never have gotten into Metallica either. They have few songs i like but anything outside of those i just don't care.

Cruising is edgy but good.

>she's probably browsing based Cavill's account and imagining what it would be like dating a chad
The only people who think Cavill is hot are Yea Forums homos