/147/ - World Snooker Championship 2022 FINAL

Jedd Drumpf vs Rpmmie O’Sulkivan
Best of 35 Frames

First Session (8 frames) Sunday 13.00
Second Session (9 frames) Sunday 19.00
Third Session (8 frames) Monday 13.00
Fourth Session (10 frames) Monday 19.00

Attached: 1E28D403-36EB-4F5F-9721-E197BC5C3DEC.jpg (900x600, 53.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kqCCt9p46fk
archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/108042667/#108045776
youtube.com/watch?v=BgG_tbLhNHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Luv me snooker

>tfw you post a song and the last thread ends
I'm going Dotty if you know what I mean

Fuck Ronnie

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 1.09M)

Desi

SHALL be enjoying a slow cooked lamb shank and whole bottle of pinot noir with the evening session

I wonder what you did to upset this thread's OP. It was a good song, too. Have a pseudo-(You) for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kqCCt9p46fk

Memes on hold. Before we start what is the last match of this years tournament, I want to hear your thoughts.
1.) Do you think snooker is dying out? If so how can it be saved, if at all. Post legitimate business ideas here.
2.) Would you ever want to see the World's leave The Cruce?
3.) If you are knew to 147, stick around! I can honestly say some of the nicest people online I have ever met are in these threads.
4.) Lastly, what is your favourite /147/ memory? Mine has to be The 3 new threads at once.
Have a good sunday boys.

About an hour til the snooker... what the fuck am I going to do for an hour

answer my QUESTIONS, JERK

1) No. Snooker is fine.
2) It's a tradition, but there have been other traditions and we got rid of those and everything was fine. I support Neil Robertson's suggestion of having a separate building for "Table 2" matches in the early rounds.
3) I've been here for years.
4) I have so many that it's hard to pick just one. The Mark Selby Morning Glory song was a particular highlight.

Maybe I would have done if you hadn't been rude about it

>1.) Do you think snooker is dying out? If so how can it be saved, if at all. Post legitimate business ideas here.
Not necessarily dying out, but it feels like it's stagnated over the last few years. The emergence of Yan & Tong is good for the game as a whole, but more players from the mid- to lower-end of the top 16 need to step up and start regularly competing for tournament wins for the sport to really flourish again
>2.) Would you ever want to see the World's leave The Cruce?
No, it's nice to retain a bit of history
>3.) If you are knew to 147, stick around! I can honestly say some of the nicest people online I have ever met are in these threads.
True facts
>4.) Lastly, what is your favourite /147/ memory? Mine has to be The 3 new threads at once.
The user spamming McGill to a coke dealer is one thing that always makes me chuckle

1) No, but there's too many shitty tournaments with short matches, there needs to be more tournaments with multiple session matches before the final, it's hard to get overly invested in best of 7 matches. I've mentioned it before but I think the British Open could be made more interesting by linking it to the English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Ireland Opens, with the top 16 players overall from those tournaments going into the British Open.
2) No, it just wouldn't be the same, it would be like having the Masters in golf somewhere other than Augusta.
4) Just whenever /147/ supplements my enjoyment of the snooker, but the gods of snooker post from earlier this season was far and away my favourite post

Attached: 1651403386497.png (1080x1760, 510.59K)

>Sending a drug dealer texts at 2am asking if he had any McGill Pills.

what will you be scranning later?

Attached: 8FDD6AEA-4B2C-4AC8-B8C5-0C0D094F9E70.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

>The user spamming McGill to a coke dealer is one thing that always makes me chuckle
kek when was this?

1.) The highest level of snooker is in a better position than it's been at any point this side of the millennium, and there's a lot of investment going into the next generation, so elite young talents are getting the facilities they need to develop. I suppose the issue is that less and less people play it casually, did we hear "this knowledgeable crucible crowd" once this year? I don't really know how to fix that. the main street is fucking dead which is a bigger problem than snooker. if no one's going into town then everywhere's fucked, never mind snooker halls.
2.) Definitely not. I posted it last night, but I think the next step for snooker is a truly big Chinese tournament. Hopefully when the China Open comes back it comes back with a proper longform structure and major prizepool.
3.) I've been popping in for big tournaments for what feels like a decade, can't remember exactly the first tournament I watched with Yea Forums, but I think I'll remain a tourist. Might show up for the Northern Ireland Open and the like if I'm watching it on Eurosport.
4.) "Ken here"-user in general.

Last years worlds.
user just rocked up into the thread the next morning and posted it casually.
>Spent last night sending mcgill memes to a drug dealer.
none of us believed it, but he sent us the screenshots and all,some dodgy fucker getting vexed at these pictures of a ginger snooker player. Somebody might still have them, or even the user is her somewhere. I spoke to him during the UK champs.

doesn't look ace desu
not had a battered sausage for a while because they're pure death but I do fucking love one when smashed

>old enough to join the World Seniors
>stay on the main tour instead
>fightback in the semi final of the World Championship to a decider
>tells those who want shorter matches to fuck off and suggested abolishing best of 5 or 7 frame matches instead.
>gets a kebab on the way home with his family
Willo is based as fuck and you can't change my mind.

i've just found it, the story unfolds from here
archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/108042667/#108045776

>Ronnie O’Sullivan has just revealed on Eurosport he is mic’d up for his Netflix documentary and has been whilst playing throughout the tournament!

>my mate just asked if I'm free for a beer this evening

Attached: 1651404146448.webm (853x488, 797.23K)

keked

Attached: 1619970041154.jpg (1080x2143, 472.83K)

Lel forgot about this

Absolutely beautiful, user.

>For Polebro, this song is
lel, devilish.

>with short matches
The best Bazza can offer you is more bo3 matches :^)

Attached: 1614353738887.jpg (1080x1080, 113.25K)

Classic Simpsons episode on C4 before loopytime

Ronnie -3.5 is my tip for the match @ 6/4.

Fludd Dump

Thank you for this suggestion

Americanisation of snooker a la DtS effect inbound

lads in dunk as ruck wheb is theb snoojer

Prediction 18:12 for Trump
Ronnie is too old to play 4 Sessions in two days at his best

shut your mouth

looks lush mate wish I could get it here but these slit-eyed fucks can neither make sausages nor chips

so that's why he's been acting a bit this tourney, so they have some funny japes for the doc, that's what the arse wet seat was all about

Barry Pinches Michaela Tabb's arse and Dechawat Poomjaeng came in and said they call me mister poombastic and then his eyes flew out of his head like awooga and then Shaun Murphy ate everyone and then Ronnie said you are one jumbo cunt shaun and Shone accused him of bringing the game into disrepute but then alex higgins said I am still dead and jimmy white oh yes jimmy white he was going to murder ronnie but steven maguire told him not ti and jimmy said fine and wiped maguires bum for him because he is too fat to reach around he was like i cant fucking believe this and Shan Malfoy passed away of a Pulmonary Edema but Paul Hunter voted for him to lose his place on the tour and Barry Hearn actually said this you can look this up he said "Mike Hallet? You'll Love it!" so if you are suck muggy and you read this get well soon jumbo cunt and barry pinches michael tabbs arse

I made a pot of Chili. Also my electric kettle broke, and I had to heat up the water for my caffeinated beverage of choice in the microwave like some sort of Slessor.

The homage on the collage is on the bottom left corner, by the way.

40th for Desi

Attached: Desi butt.png (1444x776, 1.62M)

>AND THAT'S A NICE CENTURY BREAK BY JOHN HIGGINS SPONSORED BY COCA COLA AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR SOME COMMERCIALS STAY TUNED

>Prediction 18:12 for Trump
Good call. No idea why people think Ronnie has a chance against The Boy.

Do NOT lewd Desi!!!

s-sniff

youtube.com/watch?v=BgG_tbLhNHo
>the cope and seethe in these comments.

>A Higgins match not sponsored by BetMGM, DraftKings and BetOnline.ag
Hmm

Is /147/ rooting for Le Garçon today?

I'm rooting for la fusée

>RADZI FUCKING CHINYANGANYA

He looks like a butler in slippers

1.) It's certainly going to get more niche in the general sense. It's hard to say how the actual state of the sport is. Let's just hope the CCP don't want to buy the whole thing.
2.) No, l like it and don't see a good enough reason to change the venue, but I also wouldn't lament for it they did.
3.) I concur.
4.) I said this before, but I am a great enjoyer of the time after the final has ended and people slowly drop out. I also really enjoyed The Handshake and the McGoat - Koiren match overall. I will always laugh at Koiren_potting_the_kubol.webm until the day I die.

Is there any sportsman in any sport who's been as consistently dominant for as long as Ronnie has been in Snooker?

Fred Davis

Nigger

Reminder that Fred Davis actually played against Ronnie in the 1992 Grand Prix qualifiers.

Big fat sanctimonious fake nasty bastard Murphy DIIIIIIEEEEEEEE

Good post

you mean Joe Davis la

>dominant
>ronny
What the fuck are you on
He’s the opposite of that

Phil Taylor

That's crazy. Fred looks to have been about 12 years younger than this brother.

Attached: taylor.gif (320x240, 1.75M)

Ooh, good shout

GWAN HENDRY