Why are movie vampires not scary anymore?

Why are movie vampires not scary anymore?

Attached: orlok.jpg (386x600, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindred:_The_Embraced
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You grew up

They don't have an atmospheric bone-chilling slow burn.

>vampires
>ever scary

30 Days of Night was a good modern take

don't tell me that if you saw Count Orlok at night you wouldn't shit your pants. Even Count Dracula pales in comparison.

Society grew up

Because that would be antisemitic.

If I saw a regular human stranger in my house at night I'd shit my pants.

I have nightmares about Orlok. Haven't even seen the movie but just the pictures are scary enough. Some sleep paralysis meme or something but usually the dreams are him staring at me menacingly while I sleep. Usually in different corners and places of my room. There's something really unsettling about his design.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x512, 41K)

I miss the unromantic, brutal vamps of the 80’s. John Carpenters Vampires came close at times. Give me feral bloodsuckers that massacre groups of party bros.

T. Boomer

Attached: C94EF8D7-E865-41D1-9E81-27F800EF6C12.jpg (901x563, 53K)

Nosferatu!

Attached: hqdefault-6.jpg (480x360, 17K)

What we need is a Vampire the Masquerade series. If done right it would be PURE kino.

Attached: Vampire.gif (500x370, 1.95M)

I've never noticed before, but this scene from Nosferatu reminds me of a certain /pol/ meme

Attached: Shadow.gif (540x480, 3.54M)

Already happened. Haven't seen it so I can't attest to its quality.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindred:_The_Embraced

because vampires were really gays, and gays are upstanding, admirable citizens now

Hmmm, what could he mean by this..?

Attached: 1560602061359.png (801x801, 35K)

Jews have slowly been desensitizing us to the reality of their true form by subverting factual reports of their activities throughout history into an inverted pop culture caricature.

The real answer is people still remember Twilight you fucking idiots.

A series version of Anita Blake would be cool. I don’t know why it hasn’t been done yet.

bleh

Attached: 1565836400436.jpg (600x600, 37K)

I thought the vampires in The Witcher games were unsettling

we're too familiar with jews now, so they dont appear as scary

Vampires are shit-tier
>Needs permission to enter your house like a fucking beta
>Is killed by the sun, garlic, etc,

Now werewolves are something to really get behind. They're basically unpredictable and are almost never killed.

People are gradually coming to understand that monsters from reality are scarier than any fictional fairy tale creatures could possibly be.

Attached: 1540015354974.png (1783x1525, 658K)

Saturation killed vampires as a good horror device. We have way too many preconceptions about them now, they've been supernatural, physical, magic, viruses, the idea ran its course. It's a shame. I'd love a faithful adaptation of Dracula or something that borrows heavily from folklore.

Werewolves are shit now and we forgot why we were scared of them. Bipedal hybrids are boring, the only good ones are from Dog Soldiers.

Anne rice made vampires sexy
Twilight made vampires emo pussies

Here's my pitch for a vampire movie
>set in bumfuck, eastern europe
>igor and dmitri are two youths in a destitute ex-soviet concrete pile of a town
>decay, crime, alcoholism, the works
>the friends have gotten involved in a petty gang
>their initiation is to sneak into an old apartment block barely anyone lives in due to unsafe conditions
>it's all but condemned
>some weird old guy lives there, rumours abound that he was ex-KGB or some scientist, knew shit, did shit
>the gang leader, piotr, is a rough, violent young man who is especially touchy because his father died from recent gang violence
>they take their time sneaking through the block, they reach the floor where the old man lives
>they break in, and creep into the bedroom only to find the old man with a figure crouched on his chest
>they shine a light onto it
>it's piotr's dead father, mouth spilling blood
>the trio now have to deal with it trying to silence them
>they seek out all the old people in the town about what to do

vampires aren't real

While the antagonists were technically vampires, 30 Days of Night was more like a zombie movie than a vampire movie.

dios mio...

kikes are now hated

not feared

t. antisemite

people no longer understand the ideological background of dracula and even if they do the filmmakers cant and wont make films based on those views

Imagine being this obsessed with jews. See them literally everywhere you go

Switch it to two Americans working abroad and you have got yourself a deal
No studio gonna fund actual eastern european kino

Eh, at least Subspecies 5 is coming out. Not exactly scary, but definitely no pretty vamps.

Attached: DD96E634-7B2A-4F5A-87BA-0A33005C7BB7.gif (350x263, 1.79M)

>ideological background
What? Vlad the Impaler. Stoker himself said he came up with the idea for Count Dracula reading about Romanian history

>Neanderthals were nocturnal
this is the head cannon of one aussie autodidact playwright

>Anonymous (You)

Attached: polcels.jpg (1181x530, 117K)

this episode gives me nightmares just because of this part

I liked that one vampire story in one of the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark books where they describe the vamp staring through a window with a shrunken yellow face. Made me paranoid looking out at night when I was a kid.

Attached: window.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>Garlic shooter
that's awfully close to onions shooter

replace the middle one with fantano

this

Attached: SiREN (2016) I like you.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

I like how he sues the term “blood libel”, not knowing what libel means

cucked, id get angry and tackle a nigger idgaf if your some spooky clown cunt get the fuck out of my house i got work in the morning

I wonder who coined the term blood libel, (((really makes you think)))

because movies aren't scary anymore.

It's surprisingly decent.

because they suck

Honestly this motherfucker took a while for me to get over and he is still fucking creepy as shit.

Well youre wrong

Twilight vampires are scarier than 90% of all other vampires in media

I think people stopped seeing vampires as spooky? Now they're just kind of a stock villain. It's like "aliens", they're not scary unless you work for it.

If you watch Nosferatu or the 1931 Dracula, you can see their vampires being written and performed as inhuman, as if they're animals in the shape of a man. Orlock looking and moving like a fucking weirdo goes a long way towards making him a memorable, creepy bastard. Lugosi, the progenitor of the classic vampire, has some of that too. He's not as ugly, but he carries a skeevy, predatory vibe.

There are no more stories to tell with them. They have been romanticised, vilified, made in movies for kids/adults, turned into dystopia, everything. They are played out. There is only so many stories you can tell with them.

Unless someone reinvents them and makes a decent enough story they will go no where.

It's tired and been done too much. Salem's lot was one of the best.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 10K)