/wot/ - Wheel of Time General

You wot mate addition.

Attached: E6929512-EA3A-4D76-B7F5-5E672014DA83.jpg (1024x755, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-7hBZNsPnyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Amazon hates beauty.

Seems common these days to shove ugly people down the audience’s throat. I don’t know what their motive is. Is being ugly now part of the oppression stack or something like that?

Attached: BE094CCD-BBD7-440D-B8DA-1CC84FCD0146.jpg (992x1532, 229K)

>I don’t know what their motive is. Is being ugly now part of the oppression stack or something like that?

It could be, given the social influence wielded by screeching ham planets, but I suspect it's a lot more diabolical than that. Notice that it applies to things like art and architecture, which have nothing to do with people and thus lowering or destroying standards in those areas would do nothing to make ugly women get more sexual attention.

Take the classic Crucifix-in-urine as an example. Regardless of your religious views, it has zero or negative aesthetic value, and thus is a failure as art. Or the Black History Measure in Washington D.C., or any number of other things. Environmentalists focus on abstract temperature numbers rather than preserving lions, eagles, wildscapes, or any number of other beautiful things in nature.

I don't know why it's happening, but I know how to spot a trend.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (390x543, 56K)

how pozzed is the show gonna be?

Here's your main cast bri

Attached: wheel-of-time-cast-amazon-prime-video.jpg (670x377, 202K)

Rand and Mat are relentlessly handsome. I want to kiss them relentlessly.

Art isnt purely about aesthetic value

YES. IT. IS.

Wise Ones?

>when you realize shoehorning liberal propaganda / subtle conditioning will be forced into every piece of media from now on, so you probably won’t enjoy anything Hollywood makes for the rest of your life unless the pendulum swings back and liberals stop with their obsession with race and identity politics
Fuck it I guess, just enjoy the classics and spend time with your loved ones, entertainment is dead, it’s just been replaced with preachy liberal, white apologist nonsense

>look up wotmania because of these threads
>it died a decade ago

Attached: 1557455285092.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Any chance we could have an optimistic thread for once? What do you think they'll get right about the show? I bet the music will be good.

I want Rand-Mat bromance.

EXT. TWO RIVERS, SOMALIA

Behind a shining sun, MAT CAUTHON runs to RAND AL'THOR carrying a squealing badger.

MAT
Guess wh-

MAT is struck by a Trolloc arrow and regrettably dies.

People who think social commentary makes up for a lack of aesthetics belong in a woodchipper. It's entirely possible to do both at once (pic related), but that requires actual talent and effort, which goes against the foundation principal of Social Progress, which consists of exalting the Low over the High.

Attached: p070wbmx[1].jpg (624x351, 36K)

Unless they are completely retarded (they are), they should be able get the Two Rivers sets right since it’s just medieval farm villages with lots of trees which are inherently peak comfy.

Why you do this? ;_;

Nynaeve looks like the fucking Predator what the fuck.

>tugs afro

Threadly dose:

OFFICIAL WOT BREAST SIZE POWER RANKINGS – REVISED ver 2.3

1. Selucia
2. Setalle Anan
3. Halima
4. Graendal
5. Berelain sur Paendrag Paeron
6. Cyndane
7. Riselle
8. Sevanna
9. Morgase Trakand
10. Therava
11. Lanfear
12. Else Grinwell
13. Someryn
14. Elayne Trakand
15. Aviendha
16. Tylin Quintara Mitsobar
17. Birgitte Silverbow
18. Alanna Mosvani
19. Talaan din Gelyn
20. Melindhra
21. Verin Mathwin
22. (Betse Silvin) That Barmaid Mat dances with when he has the flashback of him being some minor lord dancing with a Sea Folk Wavemistress at a ball at the court of Shaemal right before the start of the Trolloc Wars.
23. Semirhage
24. Deira Bashere
25. Nynaeve al'Maera
26. Tigraine Mantear
27. Melaine
28. Romanda/Lelaine
29. Cadsuane Melaidhrin
30. Alliandre Maritha Kigarin
31. Mesaana
32. Eldrene ay Ellan ay Carlan

POWER GAP

47. Alviarin Freidhen
48. Pevara Tazanovni
49. Egeanin Tamarath
50. Suroth Sabelle Meldarath
51. Aludra
97. Mili Skane
98. Tylee Khirgan
99. Elmindreda Farshaw
100. Egwene al'Vere
101. Leanne Sharif
998. Siuan Sanche
999. Faile
1000. Moirane Damodred
1001. Elaida do Avriny a'Roihan
1002. Bair
1003. Moghedien
10,000,000. Tuon

Please discuss additions and rankings.

>tfw no thicc forsaken gf

Attached: Graendal.jpg (680x850, 246K)

at least mat looks kinda like what i always pictured him. and mat is best boy i hope he dances with all the girls in the show

Holy fuck Cads looks super fuckable GILF tier there, and fucking huge knockers. I bet she teases and jerks off little boys before she gentles them.

INT. MANDARB, OVER WEST SOMALIA

Inside the vehicle, LAN faces RAND, MAT, PERRIN, and EGEWENE, who are bound and hooded.

LAN
The flight plan I just filed with the Tower list me, Moraine Sedai here, and only three of you. First one to talk gets to stay on my horse.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 11K)

feel bad for rosamund being cast with a bunch of mongoloids. They are witchering WoT

Attached: 1560968982762.jpg (1366x2048, 266K)

Who the fuck would even watch the show?

Bad casting & clueless director = trash show. The writing, art direction, music, anything requiring even the slightest hint of craftsmanship will be bad. It won't be a good adaptation or a good show in itself, the writing staff are your standard diversity hires and people with 0 relevant experience getting jobs on the basis of cronyism and nepotism. There isn't a shred of talent or respect to be found.

All this announcement has done has made me want literally anything else.

>weaves Mask of Mirrors to blend in
>targets Moghedien
>clicks, sniffs, and tugs

Rand looks like Jesse Eisenberg. Like if he was a "Chad", but still Jesse. Holy shit this show is DOA. Rand is supposed to be like an Irish superchad.

Except she's too fucking tall to play Moraine so they didn't even get that right.

>Who the fuck would even watch the show?
I have the same question about the Sanderson books, but I guess it's just love. Love of the series makes me want to see how it's handled, even if I know it's going to be bad.

You know you can ruin perfect gorgeous idyllic scenes if you use the wrong filters.

eh, they can do some revere rdj trickery

Based.

When the owner of an IP gives the rights to a show producer, is it permanent or just for that one series? I want to buy the rights in the future and make a Clone Wars style version that is faithful to the first 6 books.

Attached: A669C594-AF1A-4EA2-A276-B639BB895BCF.jpg (1920x1200, 360K)

What's the best German Tier VIII Tank Destroyer?

Attached: Germany[1].jpg (1920x730, 121K)

We're in agreement that Sanderson is a pozzed Mormom cuck who should have never been given the series to finish.

its for however long the contract stipulates. It could be a year, it could be until 5 seasons are complete

Sanderson wasn't really that bad when he wasn't self-inserting his dumb OC. He writes like a dumb teenager sometimes but Jordan was way too fucking verbose and I was just glad we had something fast paced at the end.

It's still preferable to NO closure which we get with A Song Of Ice and Fire.

Or they can hire the relevant actor for the relevant role.

I wish I could be a casting director in the modern TV and film industry, you literally get paid to fail at your job.

Honestly who cares about her height except autists? It's a trivial point compared to everything else about her character and for those Rosamund is a great choice.

The rest of the casts are unknowns, like most of GoT were when it started, so who knows how they'll turn out.

I bet Cads and her giant breasteses were based on a crush RJ had on one of this older relatives or teachers.

Adulthood is realizing the real treasure of WoT is in the fabrics and small things characters notice.

And in the Aiel sweat tents full of busty wise ones and muscle Spearmaidens, and you're a soft wetlander tween.

you know I'd actually be fine if they were going to do Two Rivers as all fair/mixed black people with Rand standing out in particular because it's a homogeneous community but having it mixed up like this is fucking retarded

>Harriet hires a mormon
>Think there might be some hope
>In every single interview he espouses feminism
>He tweets all day long during the writing process
I wish she'd picked Orson Scott Card instead.

who would you cast as Moiraine? I think Rosamund will be pretty good in the role, at least she has some acting ability and range

This is now canon Cads to me, up she goes in the breast ranking. Guess only Rand interacted with her much of the Main 3, and we know how they each get different things to notice. Mat would have noticed her 300 year old One Power-perky H cups, but Rand that late in the books may have overlooked them completely.

>the real treasure of WoT is in the [...] small things characters notice
It's what makes re-reads fun.

Pretty sure Berelain had the biggest tits...though every passage with Selucia was just there for RJ to describe a nice rack.

FUCKING MASSACRING NYNAEVE

Attached: Nynaeve1.jpg (500x595, 55K)

>Honestly who cares about her height except autists?

Anyone who cares about integrity of characters. She's a short lady who would seem unimposing, but is actually an extremely powerful person. This creates an interesting contrast for how she's viewed by regular people, which is basically core to many of the themes of the book

Literally the same retarded justification that the casting staff have for every botched choice they make. The story fucking tells you she's short, find a short actress, Game of Thrones managed it.

Beralain doesn't, she just flaunts them the most to her advantage. She knows her looks and tits are political weapons.

Yea Forums's /wot/ tit ranker question: is there ANY basis to his claims? He seems to just post lists but doesn't ever provide evidence.

I don't think Selucia was well-endowed AT ALL, and I'll be happy if she's portrayed in the Amazon Prime adaptation with a B-cup or less.

>Rand "Tam is my real father"
>Tam *is black*

Thank you for posting this. Out of curiosity, is this considering

>Berelain sur Paendrag Paeron
So she canonically pleased the High Lords for money/independence, including Be'lal, right? That was why she stayed in the Stone over the winter.

The only people who obsess about height are those who know they're Not Allowed to talk about other aspects of casting.

Not really. His descriptive writing wasn't as good, and he butchered Mat, but the Sanderson books had the advantage of something called pacing, which Jordan was never good at and by CoT had totally forgotten about.

I'm willing to trade half-page dress descriptions for that.

JUSTICE FOR RISELLE. She needs a bump

Selucia's entire character is boiled down to Tuon's speaker and skilled bodyguard, hiding behind the facade of a massive titted handmaiden.

A slightly older light-skinned women who's shorter than average and can act. Hair colour doesn't matter since it can be died darker, and she doesn't have to be a dwarf or anything.

I feel like that's tremendously easy to pull off and yet they couldnt. It's not a good look.

I don't think using Game of Thrones as a good example of characters matching their book equivalent.

I bumped her up and Sevanna down in the latest revision. I think I need to add those two Aes Sedai Mat rescued from Ebou Dar.

>I don't think Selucia was well-endowed AT ALL

Pretty sure every time they describe Selucia from Mat's perspective it was about how big those tits where. Also, doesn't Tuon mention how small her tits are compared to Selucia.

nah setalle should be no1

definitely, hard to know exactly where they fit in but more the merrier

I was kind of hoping for this. Rand is the Irish superchad (inexplicably shirtless) and Tam is Morgan Freeman - Rand still takes several books/seasons to accept that he's adopted.

>he butchered Mat

I keep seeing WoT fans saying he butchered Mat. I read the series a couple of years ago and don't remember Mat being "butchered"...why do people say this just curious.

Game of Thrones is about as good an approximation as it gets. It's on the same level of Harry Potter or Lord of Rings, or even adaptations of shitty YA like Hunger Games or twilight. You're just being disingenuous

This WoT adaptation isn't even trying at all.

I doubt they'd even attempt the forced perspective, but Moiraine is supposed to be like 5' to 5'3".

and yet the pacing for knife of dreams was perfect, jordan admitted he fucked up with CoT, but he came back KOD was so fucking good, and then he died

>the Sanderson books had the advantage of something called pacing
Stop digestposting. Also, Knife of Dreams picked up the pace. Also, the publisher made the guy stretch out the books because they were so popular at the time. Also, the publisher's top editor was the author's wife.

PS: Brandon Sanderson did not read the notes.

I don't know why they do. I always thought any slight changes was Mat growing up some and accepting his role in the events to come.

I don't really know. Everyone seems to say that, and if I squint hard enough I can kind of see Mat becoming a meme version of himself, but Mat was always a meme. I wanted to offer a general concession to avoid arguing the point.

Honestly, 7-10 were so bad that the Sanderson books end up being better on the balance.

Things will be cut, here are my suggestions
>Morgrase storyline
>Faile
>Whitecloaks (these assholes were laughably obtuse)

One of the running gags in the books is that the characters perceive the looks of others based on their horniness level. For example in the early books young Rand thinks of almost every female he looks at as attractive and Mat never grows out of that. So you have to discount their opinions usually and when someone like even Lanfear makes note Avhiendas tits they must really be pleasantly plump.

mat was humorous because of the situations he got in and how he reacted, BS turned him into a pun machine, if youve ever read BS this is a standard chracter of his, lightsong in warbreaker, the MC in rekoners and about 1/2 the chracters in stormlight, its always cringy shit, you might notice the only time mat doesnt act like this is during the tower of genji and thats becuase RJ had already written that part

They'll probably cut Rand's harem. No Min.

BOWL OF WINDS

faile is needed to make perrin go apeshit but hopefully her parts are significantly reduced and just their to give perrin motivation for his actions

This. Mat was always reluctant and said smart things despite himself, but he turns into a quipper under Sanderson, and too self aware.

Min will be a trans trap and rand will slay his boipucci

That is fine...Min was a dumb plot device.

rand's harem will exist and min will be a boy

I still thought Mat making up storylines for different characters was funny.
>"You don't have an aunt."

Who should play Lanfear? She has to be a legit 10/10 with dark brown eyes pale skin and black hair. I think a young Monica Bellucci would have been perfect.

Attached: 1509208D-1ED0-456F-870F-95D62F6457CA.jpg (720x715, 54K)

Perrin's family being killed should be enough motivation...I don't need Faile acting absolutely insane.

anime is the only way to do a wot tv show

BS tier "funny" also he had talamanes smiling, WTF? BS even said 'i have trouble understanding Mat' and it showed

ruined by adding niggers

Scenes you want to see?
>“Mordeth,” Rand said. His eyes were locked to Toram Riatin and the skinny fellow. “His name is Padan Fain, and there are one hundred thousand golden crowns on his head.”
Caraline nearly dropped her goblet. “Queens have been ransomed for less. What did he do?”
“He ravaged my home because it was my home.” Rand’s face was frozen, his voice ice. “He brought Trollocs to kill my friends because they were my friends. He is a Darkfriend, and a dead man.”

Mordeth / Padan Fain...what a wasted opportunity.

Graendal's palace.

and one more time Fuck Brandon Sanderson

Was that BS? I feel like RJ basically dropped him...he didn't do anything after the Two Rivers accept troll around with Toram Riatin.

best girl got btfo

constant hints of him becoming a new dark one, the tortured fades the weird corrupt army he was gathering and then he gets Nothing Personalled because BS didnt know what to do with him

best girl ruined. burn it all abandon all hope

1. Mat blowing the Horn of Valera
2. Jain Fairstrider rescuing Olver
3. Mat dunking on Galad and Gwyen

Jennifer Connelly

Just for this, Lanfear will be a fat south american.

Galad ended up being more based than I thought hed be.

Galad was based AF at the end...glad he gets to snuggle up to those sweet sweet Berlain teddies.

>be Padan Fain
>make a bad decision once
>get turned into the Dark One's hound
>get corrupted by the other evil in the world too
>die meaninglessly and unacknowledged
Done with Ishyposting. I'm going to start Fainposting in a while.

>Tugs braid
>weave pulls out

RJ needed to take out the whole rescue Faile storyline and replace it with some Padan Fain development...I can't really blame BS on Fain, RJ didn't do a good job with him pre book 12.

Just remember only one holds the title of most cucked name starts with De ends with mandred

Galad confronting Eamon Valda about Morgase, and then killing him and taking his place, might be my favorite scene in the series. Yes, better than Dumai's Wells.

Based Berid bel was alpha just not up to par. I identify with Mr. Fain more. You'll see in the coming days

>Nignaeve

Fuck this gay earth

Thats bullshit, like saying RJ didn't do enough with The Slayer, the truth is BS was a huge Perrin fan and "didn't understand" Mat, so he spent a ridiculous amount of time building up Perrin and The Slayer and basically ignored Mat and Fain because of pure fanboyisim

>Virgin Demandred
>Chad Lews Therin

Dear Lews I wrote but you still ain't callin, I left my cell my pager and my hang out in tel aran rhiod at the bottom, I wrote 3 letters in autumn, you must not have got em, anyway fuck whats been up man? hows Ilyena? Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is Deman

RJ also spent way to much time with Perrin.

don't remind me, at least he made up for it with KoD a book almost entirely about Mat

apparently he modeled Faile after his wife so thats probably why Perrin gets so much content

The series sadly should have been 2-3 books longer...do properly deal with Fain and the Seanchan.

I know RJ wanted to deal with the Seanchan post WoT ending...but don't feel like I would have cared then.

I would've cared, still do, mats adventures as the prince of ravens would've been GOAT

>just enjoy the classics

Realisticly there are enough games, movies, TV series, books and anime to entertain anyone on a 200 year voyage to Sirius.

Attached: 500px-Canis_Major_constellation_map.svg.png (500x500, 120K)

I want a Kin outrigger. Wilders in general are pretty interesting. That crazy lady who mentored Cadsuane in New Spring was awesome

stop revealing what's happening

I would not be surprised if they go that route and use her fat appearance in book 4 as some kind of excuse. Someone like Amy Schumer or Lena Dunham because it would subvert expectations.

Wilders are cool, but the Kin is lame unless they were used in some white tower v. Elyana power struggle.

Kin as rejected AS who -- at least, some of them -- nevertheless have Talents which make up for their low power is neat.

There are a ton of shill style comments lately on plebbit saying they never liked the harem. They are definitely cutting it.

>tall moiraine
how could you care after this?

I hope so. The harem was really really awkward and bad writing.

Christ there are niggers and various browns aplenty in wheel of Time but they just have to shoehorn this shit into the white main cast. Might pirate to post memes with you guys but I'm 100% sure this is going to be pure fucking trash.

It’s going to be CW trash.

No it wasn't. The Aiel have a culture of multiple wives, just like the real-life ancient socieities they are based upon. Rand is basically King of the Aiel so of course he can have multiple wives. Also Rand is a self-insert for the young male reader, of course they want a harem.

>unweaves dick

Elayne went with it to easy...Min “subtly” didn’t like it but never brought it up.

>Modeled Failed after his wife

What a poor bastard. Isn't it his wife that insisted the fucking based horse die in the last book?

Aiel are Bedouin Zulu Irishmen, so yeah, harems, and harmonious if you get two good sister-wives. Imagine the fucking smell.

Sword fights and action in general doesn’t really look good in anime. It can be kino in 3D though.
youtu.be/-7hBZNsPnyg
This style would be perfect for all the Rand, Lan and Mat btfo of people scenes.

Bela died but in the post book encyclopedia it says Bela lives a quiet life after the last battle.

Moiraine is best girl

Of course it's gonna be trash, why do you think I spend so much time trying to turn these threads into breast discussions, because that's the only thing worth talking about now. That and I FUCKING HATE SHARANS. With Traveling you can go anywhere.

After it finished the material from Storm of Swords, GoT became an unraveling trainwreck of mixed metaphors.

Elayne had too much of the hots for him to care that much. Plus she had Avienda saying it was normal and pushing for it.

Min knew from the time she first met Rand she'd end up in a four-way so was simply resigned to it. Some times having premonition must suck.

I'm concerned that they'll make everything look like medieval fantasy when in reality it's closer to the mid 1700s.

Who killed him again? I remember he BTFO like 3 main characters before he went down but I forget who got the kill.

Forgetting Lan’s greatest kill

Lan after the two forgotten brothers

Lan.

Lan with the trick he taught Rand at the start of book 2. Got to give Jordan credit for planning ahead.

it helps fuglys have sex and make kids

whats not to love!

>I bet she teases and jerks off little boys before she gentles them.
Does this count as shota snuff?

Right, didn't he kill Egwene too before he fucked up that cuck Gawyn?

No, Egwene an hero's herself casting EX Super Special Anti-Balefire against Taim. Got flavo-fibed like the guy in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

That's not why they are changing it though. There's tons of shit in the books that was poorly written. They are changing this for the same reason they changed the main cast.

Not really. Hypergamy is damn near unbeatable, and you don't get higher status than the Dragon Reborn.

In a way, yes it does.

No it wasn’t. It took the characters a realistically long time to work through the complicated relationship, and Min, Elayne, and Aviendha has as much agency as Rand when it came to deciding on the marriage.

>Virgin Demandred
>Chad Dragon Reborn

>In the mood for a reread, haven't done it since the series finished the other day
>Six years ago

>I have won again, Lews Therin

Attached: happy__merchant-profile_image-c2db50a3e7140a92-300x300.png (300x300, 20K)

I like the idea of talented but inexperienced actors for the main cast, but goddamn, you do not want inexperienced writers to go with your inexperienced director and actors in your hundred million dollar franchise of the top 25 best selling book series of all time

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL OF TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
SAVE MY SOUL FIND A WAY
AND IF I FAIL, MAY IT ALL BE OVER
OH WHEEEEEEL OF TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

i believe she was based off his mother in law iirc
take that as you will

I knew they were going to witcher it, but looking at the cast they witchered it even more than they witchered the witcher.

It's supposed to be an extremely remote isolated village where even a visitor is super rare, yet you have four distinct regional haplogroups in then five main cast members alone.

Ah wel... there never was much hope, just a fools hope.

Given the escalating cost of actors, you need to start with people you can pay very little (in GoT, Blackwater ended up costing less than half of any s8 episode because of this), but I don't think writing quality is something there's any market for. Disney spends millions on their star wars movies and has yet to get good writers, and makes similar outlays on the MCU, and those films are very hit or miss.

I don't think good screenwriters command a premium or can be hired by paying a premium the way actors and directors are.

how would that make sense though?
rand stood out but not insanely so, more of a mild curiousity
> hmm i wonder which of these three are the dragon reborn birthed by a aiel from the waste
> tyrone the giant black blacksmith, tyreese the streetrat, or the white bitch with red hair
truly a mystery

Any difference in Rand's appearance was chalked up to having a Mom from outside the Two Rivers

>Rand "Tam is my real Father"
>Tam *Is Black*

And it's a big problem because almost no one dies, other than Moiraine for a few books.

Which means it was obviously relatively subtle - Rand is anglo-Irish, whereas the Duopotamians are Italians.

Severing was generally considered a death sentence. So yeah, it probably does.

the funny part is, they literally could have fucked with any of the other mai ncharacters exceot aviendha and it would have been fine ( annoying but fine)
min, lan, elayne, siuane, even thom could all have been of any race and it wouldnt change the story in any way, but they couldnt bear the thought of not having a poc on screen from moment one so they fucked with one of the only two groups who need to be a solid specific race. and since the other is the aiel who have to be redheaded irish gingers. and rand has to be related to them and therefore has to be a white ginger. then the two rivers folk have to be close enough to him that his difference is an oddity and not a shining beacon

i mean
> dark one we cant find the dragon reborn, we went into this village of black guys and theres this weird white kid but we just dont know which ones the dragon

Was Ishy a Merchant? His nose was hooked IIRC.

So what is getting cut...everything from book 8-11?

The whole thing just shows the way people running things are at this point. It's a hugely multicultural setting and many of the prominent characters are different races and by about episode three or four they would have been out of the little pseudo-welsh village but even the idea of a white cast for three or four episodes - all those horrible white faces - was just too horrifying to bear. Nope! Let's hit em with the diversity bat right now, even though it makes zero sense narritively or setting wise.

Fuck it. I just won't watch it.

Attached: 1565808653591.jpg (1024x1024, 676K)

>Hooked Nose
>Faile

Faile was a merchant.

>cutting the Whitecloaks
But the whitecloaks are awesome

Lol no, they could have been cool, but we laughably dumb.

How about the whole Aiel culture?
I’m sure a culture built on multiple wives and being racist as fuck to any ‘wetlander’ will survive SJW treatment... right?

WoT is openly feminist you stupid faggot.

Yes because they will only be racist to white people.

It's also not about shamelessly pushing a fucking agenda.

People who don’t like the harem didn’t understand the characters and are generally morons.

But the white people are black now.

the aiel are based off a matriachal culture, they will focus on that

this is true, the only person whos white they need to be nice to in the sourc material is rand. all the other whites are hated by them

Your assuming they’ll cast enough whities for this happen.

How many feminist stories have MCs with harems?

Yes how dare Sanderson not write some elaborate plot for a character that RJ didn't have a plan for.

They’ll cast the Aiel as middle easterners (they’ll justify rands looks via his mum) so them being racist to white Cairhienians won’t matter.

Hell, they could have cast Lan or Thom as a non-white actor and it would have made sense. Nobody would have cared that much. But nope, got to mess with the Emond Fielders even though it makes no fucking sense.

Did the director or whatever just walk into a bookstore and pick the first literally who fantasy series off the shelf of the sci fi/ fantasy section?

Lan will be Asian...Sheiner/Malkier is basically set up to have a lot of Asians.

you say harem but its not, they are not at his beck and call and refuse to see him at the same time as each other
they pass him around like a piece of candy and decide when and who he gets to spend time with,

hes also not given a choice on any of it and basically told he will be marrying all three of them despite his protests

its like a reverse harem, he gets three nagging wifes telling him what to do and when to do it

It's literally one of the biggest selling book series of all time.

I want him to be black..
purely for the ‘we waz kangz’ meme’s.

this is why i subscribe the the fan canon that hes mats polar opposite,
the book is all about duality. rand and mordeth
perrin and slayer
and mat and fain

basically it boils down to:
mat is the avatar of all things luck,
fain is the avatar of all things unlucky.

>RAND WON'T GIVE ME CAMYLEN ITS MINE

At least one. You should read it sometime. The first book is called "Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan. It features several strong female characters and functional matriarchal societies.

Which is fine. Tear, Cairhein, Shienar, and Malkier are all a mix of European and Asian influence, there’s really nothing wrong with racelifting those countries (as long as the Tarians still have puffy sleeves and look like Tercios).

i always tell people to fight through to book four.
the first two are really hard to judge the series off of because of the publisher screwiness but if your not invested by book four, you wont be

I hope to see some hot Domani slit in this.

Books 2 and 3 are still pretty good, although you are right that Jordan doesn’t properly find his feet until book 4. Book 1 is the only one that feels dated, but back in the day it was a fairly interesting play on the lord of the rings tropes.

Book 2 is the GOAT

>I win again Lews Therin

Ahh dammit, the Sa’Sara Faile was always banging about, has zero fucking chance of making of it on screen.

its "I have won again, Lews Therin" YOU ABSOLUTE RETARD, STOP MESSING UP THE QUOTE

still based, i feel there was a missed opportunity not fucking with the portal stones and the multiverse after book 2.

>Rand starts burning letters and every noble in Cairhein assumes he’s an Andoran prince and spy on a secret mission
>it’s not actually far from truth

I always thought it was a plot device that was dropped. the seanchan had some tame animals from those other worlds. how did they get them? do the seanchan have settlements on other worlds in other dimensions? would have been nifty to find out

sure, but so what, it's complete crap first person perspective garbage

it's like making a film out of a woman's dime novel from a truck strop

REEEEEE

i do like how early rand just kind of fell ass backwards into where he needed to be

maybe the outrider novels would have told us

but i think jordan just realized how op that shit was. and let it alone

besides they were insanely hard to use, even for rand who is the strongest channeler. and once traveling was reintroduced they were kind of pointless as a plot device

The wheel weaves as the wheel wills

>stop liking things i dont like
yells angry internet man for the ninth time this week

Redpills me on Shara. Demondreds adventures over there sound like they couldve been kino

wasnt that the place where male channelers were intentionally kept retarded, and just used as fucktoys until they turned 21, then given a knife to the neck? sounds comfy to me

Wakanda...basically

theres a canonical short story about it

its like evil wasteland, where the aiel are corrupted, the male channelers are cast out ot go spit in sightblinders eye and get taken there and turned

beside that theres not much known except its an evil place where growing up you had to carry an knife on you and hope you werent bent over a barrel daily or eaten

She'll probably be good as Moraine but even Moraine showed some human emotions beyond stern.

I'm hoping this shitshow will be Amazon's sacrifice on the alter of intersectionalist wokeness so that they don't have to poz the LotR show.

Graendal kidnaps their rulers and it becomes chaos. Demandred sets up shop there, and for once in his life out performs LTT, but he’s still too much of a bitter beta to let it go and enjoy his new life.

This is the Luke I am your father of fantasy.

Nah, Shara’s east of the Aiel Wastes. The Town, where the turner male channeler Aiel are is in the blight.

I think you are confusing Shara with the Blight senpai.

One of the biggest flaws with this series is that Jordan dropped most of the fantasy adventure and metaphysical stuff, which he is pretty great at, and tried to replace it with political and psychological stuff, which he is terrible at.

>tfw we will never get dumais well kino
>tfw we will never get rand having a breakdown on dragonmount kino
>tfw we will never get accurate ethnic casting

Fuck this shit so hard man

It's all we can hope for at this point. Honestly this forced diversity killed this show before it even started, for me anyway.

All our hopes rest on LotR. They only person cast so far is a white girl.

>DO THIS TEST CLAD ONLY IN THE LIGHT.
>RUN TO RHUIDEAN, NAKED.
>AWAY FROM SHORE? ALRIGHT, TOPLESS TIME.
>MEETING OF THE HALL OF SITTERS? LOOK AT MY TITS, I'M A WOMAN.
>AIEL SWEAT TENTS, THIS IS HOW WE BOND YOU FUCKING WETLANDER, NOW DRINK MY SWEAT FROM MY CLEAVAGE.
>GRAENDAL SITS ON A THRONE OF NAKED ACROBATS.
>GAISHAIN GOTTA WEAR THESE THIN ASS ROBES.
>SEANCHAN SERVANTS WEAR EVEN THINNER ROBES.
>DOMANI ASS ON DISPLAY ALL DAY EVERY DAY, HOT BROWN BIG BOOTY.

What else am I missing for casual nudity?

As much as I love WoT, it's a needed sacrifice to keep LotR, even a barely connected in-name-only show, pure. I'm just glad they will never have the Silmarillion.

Not nudity exactly, but one of the countries had a circle exposed in the bosom of their dresses. Sometimes that kind of shit is even lewder than actual nudity somehow.

Also the Japanese baths Rand got embarrassed at when he visited Shienar.

LotR is going to be pozzed hard as fuck m8, don't get your hopes up.

Was that Altara? Mostly and Ebou Dar thing for their knives?

I always figured some of the Seanchan creatures were types of shadowspawn they tamed after defeating the armies of the night. That would explain why grolm were in the world where the trollocs won the trolloc wars.

The LOTR show is going to fanfiction, why does anyone have hope for it knowing that?

This could be a tipping point if they try this. Some autistic billionaire LotR nerd like Peter Thiel might go Hulk Hogan on them.

Skimming was dropped even harder once we got Traveling. Once you get to book 3 I don't think normies will catch on: there's no sudden twists or horrendous betrayals, it just becomes like pure fantasy battle anime. That intrigue and hook isn't there, and there's a very distinct line between good and evil because magic and God is real.

Perrin/Young Bull, Luc/Isam?

Only because of how much money they are spending on it. For them to spend that much, I assume they care enough not to alienate the fan base. On the other hand Disney did exactly that with Start Wars so who knows.

Underrated

Why did it take ten fucking books to resolve that d list villain

Demandred had the hooked nose I believe.

>Rand beheads a traveling merchant and her entire guard and manipulates their headless bodies to bow down to him
>Perrin kills Lanfear after she repeatedly helps him
>Mat becomes the head of a slave empire
Is good and evil really that clear in this series?

fucking hell...

Neat concept but I wish the writing energy had been spent on Mr. Fain instead.

I don't like the casting for Perrin, Nyn and Egwene, but I was mentally prepared for blackwashing from the start so it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm also worried because the showrunner really doesn't feel like someone who actually understands the series, no matter how much they'll try to claim that, but I'm hoping that there are enough people around him to reign him in when he tries to go full retard. I'll decide whether to lose hope or not when they start dropping pictures of the cast in character, because that really shows a lot about the production. I'll also wait until we get something concrete about these "changes" he intends to do, because so far it has been very vague and just lip service to reddit SJWs.

I honestly feel like forcing diversity into LotR might be something we would see real world repercussions over. Like unironically I feel like it would be profaning something sacred for some people.

Imagine being told you need to direct this shit, here's 15 books. Honestly, a lot of the little pieces click together better on second and third read throughs, but I'm going to bet he fucking Audible'd it.

Sanderson also made Mat borderline illiterate when he wrote the letter to Elayne when the Two Rivers folk were actually fairly well educated and well read. Apparently it's just peak comedy when a lovable rogue acts like a fucking retard whenever he tries to be proper, nevermind the fact that Mat is probably the most eloquent and knowledgeable of shit like noble customs and mannerisms of the characters after getting the memories.

This would be a dream come true if you were an actual fan of the series instead of someone who looks at it like "hmm, I can finally FIX the problematic elements of the books hehehehe".

That's going to be the worst. Seeing black and spic elves. At least with WoT you can justify some casting choices because it's already a very diverse world, they just wouldn't wait until we get out of Emond's Field before they forced it. Make Lan black, make Thom, make Min, but Emond's Field didn't have to become a multicultural melting pot, and it doesn't make sense anyway. They've been cut off for hundreds of years with barely any newcomers, who would be white Andorans for the most part, they're pretty inbred.

And shit, the Two Rivers becomes diversified anyway after all of those refugees cross over the mountains. Actually, that shit was hilarious. "TILED FUCKING ROOFS?"

I'm black. My mom read me The Hobbit when I was young, it's my first memory. She told me it was an ancient tale of England. I would legitimately get upset if someone decided to brown Bilbo.

Daily reminder that they need to get Hendricks for Graendal or we riot.

>The only people who obsess about height are those who know they're Not Allowed to talk about other aspects of casting.
What? In Rosamund's case the height is the only thing they got wrong so it's a given it's going to be what gets criticized.

Personally I think that an animated series like the Castlevania adaptation would be the best for WoT. Maybe make it a joint project with a japanese studio, since WoT is practically anime anyway.

Yeah, if he can remember how to properly dance, some of those past generals were likely poets and authors like a lot of commanders of antiquity. Mat should be the most knowledgeable person on the planet, not just for tactics.

WoT is egalitarian you retarded nigger.

Trips of absolute truth.

>Mat should be the most knowledgeable person on the planet, not just for tactics.
Probably not about everything, but definitely about stuff like high society and different cultures. Generals were not just some common countryfolk (for the most part).

>WoT is practically anime anyway.
You don’t say?

Attached: 591587AE-6709-4965-8F9F-DE101FAF01E7.jpg (663x462, 72K)

Literally every time someone describes Selucia's appearance it's about how fucking massive her knockers are.

At least he admitted to failing writing Mat iirc

So the Two Rivers basically never sees outsiders. Even if a dark as night Sharan came in and married, all of those dark genes would dispersed out and diluted over generations. So either the Two Rivers is isolated or it's not. It makes sense for Baerlon to be a bit mixed, maybe even Taren Ferry, no one is going further down that road unless they have legitimate business in the other three villages. Remember, this is the kind of village where only the richest man owns one clock.

>Better to try understanding the sun than a woman
What did he mean by this?

Maybe they just don’t believe in race mixing man use your imagination and get woke.

Wasn't that just admitting to a small fault to mask larger faults?

>min will be a boy
Calling it now, some retards are going to claim she's trans because she's a tomboy who doesn't like dresses.

>rand and mordeth
Mordeth was Fain, did you mean Moridin?

You’re probably joking but people ask for this to make the harem more “fair” or some shit.

wont their assholes be blown out when shes forced to wear a dress while hiding in the tower? or her changing to more feminine clothing to try and impress rand

Erith will be male. They're aliens bro why do you care?

>the moment when he declares himself as the brother of the Dragon Reborn

Attached: excite.jpg (451x263, 17K)

Moridin means death in the Old Tongue, so is Mordeth the SSJ version?

On the diversity, the one way to get past the diversity casting, Manetheren may have been fairly diverse to begin with. But that was like 2000 years before the books start. Breaking - 1000 years pass - Trolloc Wars - 1000 years pass - Artur Hawking's Empire - 1000 years pass - Current Day.

I guess Artur Hawking would be black.

Imagine how their kids will look

>Q: If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
>A: He kept trying to get better at it.
Why was RJ so based?

Even if you run with that angle you still run into the issue that two river folk have a distinct look, and Rand doesn’t look like that (although he’s not so different that Tam couldn’t be his father). Diversity casting only works if you ignore that elephant in the room

I bet they'll ever fuck up when they NEED to do diversity casting, like getting an Indian for Leane or a Vietnamese for Siuan.

padan fain had the hook nose, was a literal merchant...

More like Wheel of Niggers amirite?

>I've done dark things in service to the Light [...] and likely will again
- Byar

There are degrees of dickery, sure. But no trolloc is ever going to open a book store, and Rand isn't going to eat a baby past book 12

>implying Narg isn't a bestselling author now

“A Child of my command charges another of the Children with abusing a female relative of his, and claims the right of Trial Beneath the Light, which by law you must grant or deny.”
“A strange request, my son,” Asunawa said [...] “It was usually the accused who asked to give the judgment to swords, and I believe usually when he knew the evidence would convict him. In any case, Trial Beneath the Light has not been invoked for nearly four hundred years. Give me the accused’s name, and I will deal with the matter quietly.” His tone turned chill as a sunless cavern in winter, though his eyes still burned. “We are among strangers, and we cannot allow them to know that one of the Children is capable of such a thing.”
“The request was directed to me, Asunawa,” Valda snapped. His glare might as well have been open hatred. Perhaps it was just dislike of the other man’s breaking in. Flipping one side of his cloak over his shoulder to bare his ring-quilloned sword, he rested his hand on the long hilt and drew himself up. Always one for the grand gesture, Valda raised his voice so that even people inside probably heard him, and declaimed rather than merely spoke.
“I believe many of our old ways should be revived, and that law still stands. It will always stand, as written of old. The Light grants justice because the Light is justice. Inform your man he may issue his challenge, Trom, and face the one he accuses sword-to-sword. If that one tries to refuse, I declare that he has acknowledged his guilt and order him hanged on the spot, his belongings and rank forfeit to his accuser as the law states. I have spoken.” That with another scowl for the High Inquisitor. Maybe there really was hatred there.
Trom bowed formally once more. “You have informed him yourself, my Lord Captain Commander. ”

i loved the children. galad becoming their boss was boss in itself

Whitecloaks are always right, darkfriends are everywhere.

>Galad accuses him
>Questioner thugs try to step in
>every Child starts drawing their swords

They will not cut the opressive inquisitive nazis, especially now that they hava a BRAVESTUNNING Perrin to go against them. They will cut their redemption for sure but it's unlikely the shitshow will get that far.

>Valda accepts Galad's challenge then holds his helmet out for minutes before someone takes it
Sorry for liveblogging my KoD prologue reread but some of this is really funny

>“Why? [...] That would be against the law.”
>It was very hard not to sigh again.
Okay, I'll stop here

Rereading from the start myself, there is so much more nonsense than I remember. I'm starting to go cross-eyed reading about tanchico, and I'm only one book into that story

>doing a reread starting from anything but The Great Hunt
amateur detected

I'm on book 4, holy shit even this book is four hundred pages longer than it needs to be

Stepper is best horse. Swallow should have died instead of Bela.

>Elayne can’t wear a veil properly because she’s a stuck up princess
>Nynaeve constantly making herself angry because she’s terrified of the Black Ajah and it’s the only way she can channel.
>Doman, Thom and Julian constantly trying to one up each other
>Nynaeve decking Moggy in the face with a piece of pottery
Tanchico was actually Kino.

>A fucking Mercedes-Benz

Great post, friend.

>Egeanin talking about the blood
>Nynaeve making herself angry
>Elayne being a fucking retard

Amazon shows are great! There's nothing to worry about.

Min best girl
Elayne best slut
Aviendha best wife

Where is this image from?

>Elayne best slut
Wait, what?

she fucks herself on a table using a terangreal dildo

If we can have anyone, Audrey Hepburn is the clear choice

while unconscious
that's problematic

when? i dont remember this

t. elayne

What kind of OC would you guys want to see in future threads? T. Drawfag with a major in lewds and minor in shitposts.

Anything involving Lews Therin Chadamon and Barid Beta Medar

So I guess I'll do a virgin vs. chad of those two later.

Chad DO vs the virgin Creator. The Dark One's jokes are funny as shit.

Might be a bit difficult to make this one work or be funny. How would you even represent them in the pic? They're both primordial concepts instead of persons with a humanoid body. Also, what would you write about them? The Creator has a single line in the entire series and for the most part just isn't involved.

Same voice spoke in all caps throughout the series according to Sanderson, but I don't know how reliable he is since he didn't read... aw, I don't even care to go there

The creator only spoke during tarwin's gap, didn't he? The rest of the all caps lines were the DO.

>Child Bornhald, what makes you sure that this Aybara is a Darkfriend?
>"just look at his facial features and skin, Sir"
>"By the Light, we will a send a full legion of Whitecloaks right away to arrest him"

Based chadren of the light.

>reincarnates Balthy as a hot woman
>reincarnates Lanfear as a slightly less powerful girl with the Old Tongue name "last chance"
>fucks with Ishamael nonstop
>has an endgame encounter with the Dragon Reborn and the result is reality continues so he can keep playing
The Dark One is hilarious

Ugly people are unironically the most oppressed class. There is no greater privilege than beauty.

>They've been cut off for hundreds of years

A thousand. They have literally been isolated for a THOUSAND years.

So long that the entire village was so genetically similar that Rand is completely self conscious and obsessed over slight differences like his hair and eye color.

Oh wow guess what now Perrin is BLACK and Egwene looks like an abbo.

So much for the plot or any respect for the setting. Just fucking stupid.

Attached: 1539413222623.png (492x653, 152K)

I made the mistake to go and see if reddit is as bad as expected and they are unironically downvoting everyone to hell who dares to point this out, even if they make it clear that the issue is not race but the fact that none of them look similar to each other. They are so fucking pussywhipped they will defend every single decision the production makes no matter how stupid.

I've kept making reddit accounts. Usually once per month or more. Over the course of a decade. It's so much fun.

Are you a masochist?

I accumulate reddit accounts to deploy them later. I have an arsenal now. In answer to your question, I'm more similar to RJ than what you asked about.

But you'll have to keep posting with them all or otherwise those trannies will just call you an alt account and dismiss whatever you say. That's the masochistic part. How can you bear posting on that shithole?

I post maybe once a year. I'm just getting started on this project, friend.

>call you an alt account and dismiss whatever you say.
Samefag here. Having old accounts makes this impossible btw

And then they call you an alt because you post so rarely and dismiss your post outright.

See They'll just claim you made the account a long time ago for "disguising" yourself and your actual account is some alt-right nazi.

The trick is, when deploying an account, to post to irrelevant subreddits beforehand to mask your behavior.

I've never been caught.

And that's what I personally couldn't deal with because I'm not a masochist.

Check and win.