Why the fuck isn't diving a penalty in soccer??

Literally ruins this dumb sport and makes it inaccessible to the largest market on the planet.

If the NHL can do it why can't you dweebs figure it out?

>In the National Hockey League (NHL), any player called for diving will receive a 2-minute minor penalty for the infraction. Players who dive, as well as the coaches of the diving players, may also be additionally fined or cited by the league as supplemental discipline for diving.

Attached: Arjen-Robben-Dive-Mexico.jpg (599x438, 63.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7hjII1vXDc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait a minute....

That wasnt a dive. The mexican stomped on his foot. It was theatralic, but not a dive.

This just begs the question of how you actually know when someone's diving which, apparently, can't be figured out even with VAR

If the refs weren't shit and gave pens without having to have an over the top demonstration that the player had been fouled people would dive less

They should hire some NHL referees. They can spot it happening much faster and while skating backwards.

And if they can't catch it during games, fine them afterward. It's a disgrace.

Fine. Being a fucking pussy faggot shouldn't warrant a penalty, I guess.

No era btw

I mean it is, the ref can give you a yellow card. The problem is most 'dives' aren't really dives, there is contact that is a foul and should be awarded a free kick / penalty or whatever but unless you go down the referee will never give it even if they have seen it, so when a player is fouled they feel the need to go down even if it wouldn't have actually knocked them to the ground.

There are obviously some actual just pure dives where there is 0 contact but most of the time that isn't the case. Like look at Salah, he never got decisions so now when he feels he is fouled he throws his arms in the air, shouts and goes to ground. Not even in a deceptive way like he is faking injury just more of a "look, look, I'm being fouled - why won't you call it way".

I think while full on dives are one thing most 'dives' aren't going to be cut out until referees start calling fouls when the player stays on their feet

I feel if they wouold treat real dives much harsher, players would behave better in general. Andreas Möller once got a two game suspension for an obvious dive, which led to a penalty. But that was a one time thing. They should do that much more often.

The concept of "incidental contact" is totally foreign to the sport, it's ridiculous.

yeah that too in cases where it is clear absoultely nothing has touched them and they are faking injury

This. They could easily review plays after a match and hand down discipline that way. There's no reason they can't fix simulation, they just don't fucking want to.

It's not that bad. I only just started giving it a chance and there is a lot more contact than I thought. I mean, they do act like queens when they think it will draw a penalty, but the countries that produce good soccer players are incidentally the same ones that have abandoned masculinity.

it is a foul, and it is a dive

It's cause the ref's are lazy and unless a player exaggerates a foul then the referee won't call it
Unfortunately it's the way the game is run

exactly, it blows my mind how euros are fine with how things are. if a guy dives with no contact it should be -1 point foe their team in the table and a 3 game suspension

they can't even fucking recognize it. pathetic. anyone who's played competitive soccer knows you can draw these fouls with minimal contact. there's no way you can call what happened to robben a foul. he's a veteran and i commend him for tricking the stupid fucking ref, but it was not a foul. simple as.

youtube.com/watch?v=y7hjII1vXDc

Well, in general people want to keep things as they are. It wasnt necaessary for over 100 years to do that, so there is always resistance to such measures.
Football as opposed to american sports isnt run by a single person.

A clear foul. Even clearer than I rememberd it.

I fucking hate Mexico and love the Dutch if I'm being honest. Doesn't make it a foul, sorry bro.
that type of contact happens every weekend in every league in the world and it's never a foul. he was "looking for it." it's cynical and anti-competitive. he deserved a booking.

>Football as opposed to american sports isnt run by a single person.
You have no idea how our leagues are run and how rule changes are implemented Fritz.

>not a foul

Attached: Bein stellen.jpg (400x400, 22.48K)

Sup Klinsmann

Cool story, Pancho.

robben was out of control and had tapped the ball to a place where he could never get it again, it may as well have been going out of bounds. he was looking for the penalty and you're only lying to yourself.

Because if they did stop the flopping people would realize how boring the show they're watching is. Soccer is not and will never be a sport, seethe all you want about that fact yuros.

Marcue is clearly tripping Robbens legs. End of story.

No problem. Let me know anytime you need more schooling in your sports or our sports.

If you had said stepping on his foot was where the foul occurred you would have a point. But since you said tripping, I can tell you're completely full of shit and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Well, explain it to me. I believe its totally different than how world football is organized

>Schumacher was clearly playing the ball bro

we didn't incinerate enough of you.

Clearly putting his foot infront of Robben

Attached: MarquezRobben.jpg (1200x1200, 143.3K)

In the NFL, for instance, there is a single commissioner, but he is not responsible for things like rule changes. There are several levels, beginning with a Competition Committee made up of a rotating group of owners, front office executives and head coaches. After getting through the CC, the rules are voted on by the owners. For a new rule to be adopted, 75% of owners must approve of it.

>putting a front in front of someone is a foul

Perhaps you should read the LotG.

OK, still much smaller than world football

I don't see how the NFL is any different than the IFAB.

You can card them for unsportsmanlike conduct. Refs just don't, because you can't fix the matches without picking and choosing which dives you want to whistle on or not

I agree with you, and you can get a card if its too obvious. The argument against it is the game just devolves into grass hockey, with players hitting eachother all the time. Portugal - Netherlands wcup 2006 (i think) is a good example of this.

>putting your leg infront of a player isnt a foul
Have a good night, I have better things to do than wasting my time

Holy kek theres a wiki article about the game
>The Battle of Nuremberg (Portuguese: Batalha de Nuremberga, Dutch: Slag van Neurenberg; also known as the Massacre of Nuremberg) is the nickname of a football match played in the round of 16 of the 2006 FIFA World Cup between Portugal and the Netherlands at the Frankenstadion in Nuremberg on 25 June 2006.[3] Russian referee Valentin Ivanov issued a FIFA World Cup record four red cards and 16 yellow cards, setting a new record for cards shown at any FIFA-administered international tournament

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nuremberg_(2006_FIFA_World_Cup)

This, Robben did nothing wrong

You know what i mean, referees in southern leagues mark fouls way more than in the premiere league and i think thats why their games are much more fluid

>it's the baiting leaf again
Literally stay away, yanks are already bad enough, stick with your "masculine" hockey

Well, to be fair, the English dictate all your rules. American sport isn't under the jackboot of a foreign colonizer.

>Obvious b8 we luv our dogshit absence of sportsmanship m8

Explains, why its such a mess. Their refs are usually the worst

>muh sportsmanship
Doesn't win you trophies

Passive acceptance. How European.

era, to be fair and honest

This.

Robben shouldn’t have to do a 360 no look spin to avoid collision; seeing as the spic never contacted the ball, thus, no tackle no touch. Robben a has clear right to continue on his path without interference. The spic impediment counts as a foul. Robben sold it because refs suck.

If you watch the video, tis even clearer: Marquez is hitting him with his leg. Its a clear foul. Even much clearer from that camrea angle than I remembered.

As bad as Football refs can be, nothing compares to the absolute clown show that is college basketball referring.

Yeah I was watching the match on break, a break room full of Mexicans kek. They did NOT like my opinion on the foul to put it lightly.

I’m pretty sure diving in the box is a yellow card. I like how productive this board is

I feel you

Actual diving is extremely rare nowadays. Most of the times players are just exaggerating contact that does exist. Which is necessary because there are so many subtle illegal moves you can do that the ref cannot consistently see from a distance, and while doing one of those moves isn't gonna break someone's legs, keep doing those to one guy and he will get swollen ankles by 60 minute mark, and he will likely injure himself at that point because his muscle memory is all fucked up by the pain.

This and when you’ve been fouled 23 times in the first half with no call you have no other recourse than to sell it. BUT, you can clearly see people selling it on the first contact of the match.

The bigger problem than diving is the acting hurt. This is indefensible. It wastes time and makes the sport look like it’s played busy pussies.

But the referee was on top of it and the punishments were handed down appropriately. Referee can't control the players, he can only apply the rules.

"Diving" isn't a technical term within the sport. It's called simulation, and...

>Most of the times players are just exaggerating contact that does exist.

Is exactly what simulation is.

A collision is not a foul. And "impediment" as you say was only an indirect foul at the time iirc.