Americans support a different NFL team every year

Americans support a different NFL team every year

Attached: pepepepe.jpg (969x872, 125.56K)

>imagine your childhood team leaving your city because of tax reasons

Nope, I only switched teams once in my life. Same for MLB.

There are a lot of bandwagoners, but the NFL has a lot of parity also, so you see different teams every year in the spotlight.

Why yes, I support whoever goes to the 'bowl and wins every year. How did you know?

Yep I was a Bengals fan last year before it was cool but gonna move off them now they're too popular. Things happen, people come and go.

Browns for life since '65. FUck off.

i support all 4 teams from the city i grew up in and where my family is from
now ive lived in a different city for 10+ years and 3 of the 4 teams here are in different conferences from my hometown teams so i can support both because they rarely play each other

of course we do retard. the same team can't win every year

>team
You mean franchises.

whom are you quoting

Thats one time too many

those aren't mutually exclusive at all

I was a saints and raiders fan growing up but dropped the saints when they got good. Then I was a packers fan when they won with Farve cause my dad was a packers fan but I had to drop them after Aaron Rodgers became such a faggot. Then I was a jaguars fan when they had Jalen Ramsey and went to the AFCCG but dropped them when they got Trevor Lawrence

Dont you have a local club?

I have supported the Detroit Lions every year for the last 30 years

Attached: 1301495959407.png (720x540, 676.02K)

No the st Louis cardinals picked up and moved to Arizona and now I'm in Florida and the dolphins suck

Whats the level of uproar when a club moves? I can imagine people went to that club since they were kids. My local club moving would make me fucking sad, ive visited since i was 2 years old

>'65
Hello gramps

Last time there was a back to back championship was in 2004, NFL isnt like euro footy where it's always the same 1 or 2 teams rapping everyone else, not Even with the patriots dinasty dominance

I’ve been a rams fan since I was born, you can suck my dick from the back

I used to wear a Steven Jackson jersey to school and get made fun of
I remember giving Fitzmagic his first start. Marc Bulger, Kyle Booker, Sam Bradford, Steve Spagnuolo, Scott Linehan, Donnie Avery, Amendola, Klopfenstein, Jeff Fisher, Robert Quinn, Leonard little

I don’t

Attached: 06333362-356E-4E64-8035-FD915983A401.jpg (900x675, 102.82K)

every euro on this board sure do spend a lot of time thinking about americans

it's always bad, but sometimes poorly-supported teams with no history don't get too much ire. There have been a few instances where it caused a shitstorm, though.

It's actually true because the roster turnover in American sports is so high. It's not uncommon for half the team to be players who weren't with the franchise the previous year. Baseball is the worst for this because teams with no chance of winning will trade their best players to the Yankees every August in exchange for hot prospects

Its strange to me that the fans couldnt block such a move

we only have one pro team like that. it's pretty sad

Its because in the US they don't have clubs they have franchises

It's shitty teams in shitty towns with fans who obviously don't support the team so it's usually not that big of a deal and the city usually gets a new team. St Louis got the rams. The colts left then Baltimore got the ravens from Cleveland. The browns left then they got a new browns. The only one I would be really pissed about is if I lived in Oakland and lost the raiders and they might lose the A's

What does "support" even mean in this context?
Like psychically sending them your Ki?

that's not really true

the good part about having the freedom that comes with being american is you can support any team you want and its completely legal. its literally written in the constitution

Attached: teams.png (1167x585, 332.43K)

But whats the point of a team as a concept if it isnt tied to a city? How do you build fan support, culture and attendance

Winning solves everything

Yeah but winning some games doesnt create songs, culture and atmosphere. That takes dozens of years

is this true? I'm learning more things about America from people that have never lived here every day! maybe it's an immigrant and zoomer thing. None of my friends or I have ever changed teams

That kind of shit makes you an outcast where I live

>He'll never understand the historical, non-profit and community based college sports following
Why do you guys not follow leagues with zero corporation franchises pretending to be teams? Why does your soccer leagues have corporation franchises?

80 percent of fans don't go to the games. It's better on tv and fans are spread out all over the country. There are no songs or chants like European football. It's you and your wife or friends getting drunk then going home. Maybe a little shit talking if you see someone in an opposing jersey but that's about it.

You shouldn't be allowed to follow the NFL.

I would never trust anything to a guy like you because you clearly dont have a strong father figure.

>College Athletics
hahahagjklaghskl;agsdhkl;hkaeryw

Broomfield reporting in

I would call non fan owned soccer teams franchises
And yes that means the all of the EPL
Club would means that fans are part of the decision making process or at the very least are represented at these organisations through some kind of membership
But when you have a team owner who calls thr shots and all you do is buy a season ticket then you're not supporting your local 'club' but your local sports franchise
Most yuro soccer teams are franchises unless fan owned. Period

Here’s the thing, most NFL fans only watch on TV because tickets are fucking expensive. Most NBA fans are zoomers who only watch highlights. Most MLB fans are about die of dementia. And last but not least, NHL fans are mentally ill Canadians who have brain damage from weed. It’s grim

Pulling for a shitty team sucks especially when you know it's because a billionaire owner and his hand-picked dipshit executives directly resulted in them sucking. Of course I'm going to pull for a winner instead.

>Of course I'm going to pull for another billionaire owner.

I've been a Browns fan all my life

Bandwagon fans in every sport do that.

No I don’t

>Why do you guys not follow leagues with zero corporation franchises pretending to be teams? Why does your soccer leagues have corporation franchises?

>College football

look just because bama isnt paying Rashawn and Jamal dosent make it any less corporate as any other sports league out there, NCAA is just ptetending it isnt but cmon it's huge fucking bussines, all the fucking bowl games are names after corporations

the only thing traditional in american college sports is having a bunch of negros working for free to make Massa rich kek

That's right. I support billionaires who win.

>the only thing traditional in american college sports is having a bunch of negros working for free
Free tuition
Free room
Free meals (often in their own premium cafeteria)
Free healthcare
Free personal training (often in their own premium workout facilities)
Free apparel & shoes
Free legal aid
Free tutoring
Plus the other intangible benefits of being a football player. I'd rather do it "for free" and enjoy the benefits of being someone important in campus than spend years paying back loans, that's for sure

>the only thing traditional in american college sports is having a bunch of negros working for free to make Massa rich
are you implying this isn't based?

Rooting for anyone but your home team or team you grew up rooting for makes you a huge faggot. You're with that team for life, through the good and bad. You don't get to just switch. I was 4 years old the last time the Mariners went to the playoffs, and they are still my team for life.

>Being devoted to losers
I can understand sticking with a team for a few years but if they're shit for over a generation like the Mariners, supporting them only makes things worse

The yank spirit represented in a post

I didn't support the old Nintendo ownership that never cared about winning, but that wasn't enough to make me jump ship to another team. I guess it helps as being from Seattle, we don't really have another nearby time you could be a fan of instead

I will always support my Denver Buncos

Attached: 1627074727319.png (767x1024, 627.32K)

I will always support my Atlanta Flacons

Attached: Capture(8).jpg (900x1200, 246.88K)

kys

>Why come my team don't get better? I support them no matter what