AMERICAN FOOTBALL OF MEXICO

Wildcard week edition
Liga de expansion sub edition

Wild card games

>Gallos negros @ Mexicas
Estadio Palillo, México city, saturday April 30, 12 pm central time

Mexicas are the clear favorite, gallos despite being the current champions (condors) rebranded has had a shitty season and it's only in the playoffs because 6 out of 7 teams would get a pass kek

>Reyes @ Raptors
FES Acatlán, Naucalpan, Estado de México, sunday may 1, 4 pm central time

Reyes had a Rocky start to the season but rose in the last few weeks and now looks like a serios contender beating easily the number 2 seed fundidores in their last regular season Match, Raptors had been consistent all thru out the season are the only team that pulled an upset on dinos the absolute favorites to win tazón México, this Match should be good although estado de México refs had Made some dubious calls on the behalf of raptors because the eternal chilango rural is a natural born thief

LIGA DE EXPANSION

as some of You that had been following this threads know there is a second pro football league in México created by people that split from LFA, the F A M that kickoffs today, in all regards this league has come short compared to LFA but theyve only played one full season so who knows maybe theyll redeem themselves this time around, key difference is that this league is more reliant on gringos allowing for 15 in the roster

>Chihuahua Caudillos (something like chieftains, it's a reference to pancho Villa) @ Monterrey Parrilleros (grillers)
Estadio Banorte, Monterrey, Friday april 29, 8pm central time

Hey remember Trent Richardson former AAF Star with the birgminham iron (and with an NFL carreer....we will not get into)? Welp he plays for Chihuahua now, Monterrey got some auburn QB named Jeremy Lamar Johnson

As always NFL/CFL/USFL/CFB and anything else football related is allowed and encouraged itt

Attached: FB_IMG_1651254986253.jpg (1080x719, 81.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PI1VraxX6fA
youtu.be/-pDIm9gxvLw
youtu.be/_5AkUi_0VS0
youtube.com/watch?v=pujh9tzv16E
youtu.be/CqfMO2qPTgU
fb.watch/cIjCT_GB1k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hey remember Trent Richardson former AAF Star with the birgminham iron (and with an NFL carreer....we will not get into)? Welp he plays for Chihuahua now,
Good god man, has any athlete ever fallen harder than this?

Ronaldinho playing for Queretaro FC and preetty much all the european former stars retiring in MLS/China/some arab cunt (but at least they making bank)

Those are all top division organizations where you still get paid way more than 99% of people on the planet. Playing handegg in Mexico is Longest Yard-tier.

I mean it could be worse hes at least playing, but yeah its a huhe fall from college Star in the biggest NCAA program, to the biggest draft bust in NFL history, to the CFL, to the AAF, and now to the SECOND DIVISION of pro football in mexico

>Playing handegg in Mexico is Longest Yard-tier.

It's doing good and growing, but yeah still a long way to go

I'm not hating, but for a player of his stature it's unreal that this is where he would wind up. Also, again not hating, but I've been to Chihuahua...poor guy couldn't at least get Cabo or Cancun? Guess it beats Juarez lol.

Who will the wildcard winners face in the playoffs next?

Been to Chihuahua aswell, it's a dump, literally any city (sans Juárez) in either league is better, don't know what his housing sittuation is like, i follow some reyes players on insta and for their posts at least they are living nicely in luxury apartaments in one of the most costly areas in Guadalajara and it seems the team helps them fly in some family members for certain games, doubt theres anything close to it in Chihuahua but hopefully is at least comparatively better than the rest of the city kek

Highest seed goes against number 2 (fundiores) lowest seed against number one (dinos)

>stature it's unreal that this is where he would wind up

Can't argue that, i know a few of the players in both leagues have some NFL experience but it's been only "was in trainning camp, never Made it Even to the bench on regular season", same with a couple of mexicans, most of the imports come from small d2/d3 programs, some from juco, some may had played D1 at some point but where never Big time players, some had been in the spreng league, european leagues or arena in the US, i would say for those LFA is actually a step up in their career, Richardson is the only outlier kek

Bump

Heres last weeks fundidores @ reyes games highlights

youtu.be/PI1VraxX6fA

And the rushing yarda leaders

Attached: FB_IMG_1651262608371.jpg (1080x1350, 193.19K)

It's falling faster than other days

Top ten plays of week 7

youtu.be/-pDIm9gxvLw

Sack leaders

Attached: FB_IMG_1651270262251.jpg (1080x1350, 183.6K)

Shit teams

Nah

Top recievers , and highlights of gallos at raptors

youtu.be/_5AkUi_0VS0

Attached: FB_IMG_1651272542505.jpg (1080x1350, 196.91K)

Attached: manziel.jpg (768x432, 49.76K)

What is Johnny football doing this days?, Just being a Texas richfag and calling it a day?

plays in a league that's on twitch, offshoot of
youtube.com/watch?v=pujh9tzv16E

Did some Googling

>People online calls the plays
>Power ups
>The names

Goddamn thats the zoomest meme shit Ive ever heard of

F A M Game starting

youtu.be/CqfMO2qPTgU

Lets see how it goes

Attached: images (20).jpg (679x452, 36.76K)

Trent Richardson got the ball

His debut in México was...a los of 5 yards

senpai > lfa

I hope for more collegue games. Mine are fun to watch.

Play isnt looking bad, but the broadcast Quality isnt very good, and is not like LFA is supreme

don't mean to be rude, but having american QB make it a better game
even in the CFL it's rare for a canadian QB

búhos got raped by tecos Tecos and auténticos are fucking cheyenes

fb.watch/cIjCT_GB1k/

Attached: FB_IMG_1651283240732.jpg (720x720, 54.27K)

Idk, theres some gringo QBs in both leagues and some are good some not so much

kek, caught by the wordfilter

TOUCHDOWN

I like how monterrey is running all these 4 receiver sets, your other league is more running heavy which with 4 downs is pretty boring

What was that tackle at the end? It looks like the receiver was pushed into the endzone.

Seems like it, welcome back hadn seen You in the threads lately

Deffinetly has improved since their last season, hope the mismabagement dosent kill it and who knows maybe someday well have a merger

Brosdcast still ass tho, the ONEFA Game is better Also has more people in the stands being played in the same city, Parrilleros need to up their marketing game

>but the broadcast Quality isnt very good
The broadcast package is better, with an actual updating down and distance indicator.
Not sure if more recent LFA games have gotten that, though.

FÁM(ilia)

Attached: fam.jpg (640x360, 38.04K)

Good thing they finally turned on the stadium mic, seems like a minor thing but it does makes a difference

What are the chances Telewisa picks this up and replaces LMB/LMP?

>with an actual updating down and distance indicator.

It has it (and it aint fucking up like in week one) , i meant they had less campera angles and no stadium sound

All things consideres yeah i'm likeing what im seeing, Guess the american football of México threads Will continue after tazón México

Bad punt for the Caudillos...
By the way, Mexibro, is there a nice list of current teams and logos somewhere?

how much do tickets cost?
is the stadium in a good location?

stadiums are like 5k people lol. an american football league wont become popular here until televisa or azteca picks it up and airs it for free.

>no stadium sound
The commentators' mics are bad enough that they pick up some of the stadium audio, so this isn't 100% true

Each team sets prices , this Game where 150 pesos wich is like 8 dollars, Even considering income disparities it's a kinda cheap ticket, i pay 250 for reyes games

Im not from Monterrey so idk where exactly the stadium is but is the Home of tec de Monterrey a private school so i Guess it's in a high income área?

In each leagues social media

good
cfl should give you guys a couple teams and then you can watch that instead

Attached: rob-ford-cfl.jpg (720x566, 369.11K)

Forgot pic

Estadio Banorte is 10k, Monterrey hasnt been good at filling it (fundidores play there aswell) Guadalajara, Tijuana and Saltillo have the Best entrances

Didnt knew tele abierta had lmb/lmp, indont watch baseball, not happening yet tho, maybe multimedios (they already has LFA and senpai games)

Attached: Screenshot_20220429-210743.png (1080x2340, 795.44K)

>field is mildly uneven
SOVL

>until televisa or azteca picks it up and airs it for free.

Hopefully Hank rohn make it happen

did the announcer just say 'roughriders'?

stop stealing our logos

Attached: renegades.gif (345x220, 8.95K)

>7 doing pushups on the field while a Caudillo is injured
based, that would've been called taunting in the NFL

Didnt heard it, i don't quite get why they needed some bandit.for a team called the fucking GRILLERS but ok

caudillos is strongmen, what does parrilleros mean?

Grillers. As in barbeque grillers, they're pretty smoky.

Grillers, literally, parrilla is grill in spanish, the North in general and Monterrey specifically have an unhealty fixiation on charcoal grilled meat

Shits good not gonna like, specially from sonora but is like a weirdlt huge part of their identiry

If this is to become a pro league here, how many teams would they need?
>CDMX with 3 teams
>Monterrey with 2 teams
>Guadalajara with 2 teams
>Saltillo with 1 team
>Tijuana with 1 team
>Juarez with 1 team
>Tampico with 1 team
>Queretaro with 1 team

12 is good but they still need a major tv chain to pick it up in order to get the sport to grow to at least baseball levels. it'll never hit football levels with if it hits baseball levels that would allow a lot of b-tier cfl/c-tier nfl players to come.

Needs a Veracruz team senpai.

veracruz is an american football state? always thought they were 50% football, 40% baseball and 10% basketball.

Put a team in Acapulco so I can pretend that I'm distantly related to them.

Xalapa, Veracruz and Coatzacoalcos have collegue teams and some independent. I know because I lived in those cities.

>Franco Harris
That's nice, any excuse to see the Immaculate Reception again is a good excuse.

That was an amazing clean helmet forced fumble. If the Caudillos can take advantage of the field position, this could turn into a close game.

Is not México city/Puebla/nuevo león , but yeah it has a decent football culture, is prolly bigger than Guadalajaras wich can support teams for being a Big ass city , puerto is Big aswell, it's probablly the only place in the south that could have a team other than Cancún