Now that the dust has settled. What went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled. What went wrong?

Attached: szhTWi3.jpg (1000x1482, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ElLVEZc4n4I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wh8iJLTH2qg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pfeiffer’s suit wasn’t tight enough

Tim Burton

Nothing.

It’s still the best Batman movie by far.

Unironically the best Bat film so far

Cool style but a weak script. It was also too dark for the studios.

I wish we had gotten the sequel to this as well as Superman Lives with Nick Cage.

Nothing, it's a great film and one of the best capeshit films ever.

The problem was the studio (and by extension, the public) were expecting something like Batman '89, less dark and more kid-friendly. They didn't get that and so people hated it.

cringewoman and cringeguin

at least the first one has the joker and the batwing

Different drafts had this character straight up be Harvey Dent. They could avoid the weird legal/contract trouble with Billy Dee Williams by making a new character. This ends up an issue in Batman Forever. It still managed to balance its characters well. Batman, Catwoman, Penguin all got good screen time.

Really, it's a pretty dang good movie, which is only ruined by trying to follow it up.

Attached: ShreckWalken.jpg (299x310, 14K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ElLVEZc4n4I

The tone is all over the place. It goes from adult humour and grittiness to campy many times. Batman is also barely in the movie at all and the plot is a bit weak in spots

It was shit, but nowhere near as shit as pic related

Attached: Cancer.png (1000x1481, 2.06M)

The catsuit was so tight on Michelle Pfeiffer that she often had trouble hearing her own voice. Tim Burton had to tell her to lower her voice register, because she would often shout her dialogue instead of just saying it.

Attached: 1545380813992.gif (500x218, 658K)

This. Not enough Batman

as i said, not tight enough

>Forgot to green text.
As an act of contrition, have another Michelle.

Attached: 1558474916297.webm (1916x1080, 1.56M)

Literally nothing

>”dust has settled” = 27 years
It was concluded this movie was average when it was released? A movie for those of us kids born in the mid-late 80s to rent at the video store. Entertaining as a kid but unwatchable as an adult

So what if she farted in it?

Attached: 1510243430310.png (964x912, 551K)

gib psycho gf.

Attached: pfeiffer.jpg (702x918, 357K)

Burton didn’t want to do a sequel but ‘’89’ was such a hit the WB gave him complete control. So he made it a Burton movie.

It’s not bad it’s just not a Batman movie. Turning The Penguin into a Burton circus freak and giving Catwoman cat powers.

My biggest gripe with the movie is how wasted Keaton was. He is by far my favorite Batman but always got pushed to a side character over the villains

Audiences at the time weren't ready for the best Batman film.

The real question: catwoman or tied up ice princess qt?

Attached: 100547C2-B353-4B61-8056-EF89375D6DF7.jpg (480x270, 22K)

I can see that to a certain extent. Like when Bruce scratched the CD like a record.

>Dat snarl.

Attached: DrQpkcgVYAAJ06w.jpg (1000x1000, 111K)

that comfy christmas atmosphere
that black shiny ass
more like what went right

I use to play the NES game all the time when it came out.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wh8iJLTH2qg

This shit was the best

Nothing. It's the best solo Batman movie.

It was attacked by (((critics))) because it was secretly anti-semitic

>German artistic influences
>Child in a basket thrown in a river like Moses
>Child returns 33 years later (age of Christ at death)
>He grows up to be a hook nosed, fat, pale, bald guy wearing a fur coat and hates successful whites
>Long nosed villain tries to seize political control
>Long nosed villain wants to kill children
>Jew inspired villain is kicked out of his home city once his true ways are discovered
>Score based on Nazi music from Richard Wager
>Architecture based on "fascist architecture"

Even liberals said it was:
>In their article, the two Ivy League Jews charged that Batman Returns was anti-Semitic. The Penguin, they averred, “is not just a deformed man, half human, half-Arctic-beast. He is a Jew, down to his hooked nose, pale face and lust for herring.”

>Using “images and cultural stereotypes,” director Tim Burton “depicts the Penguin as one of the oldest cultural clichés: the Jew who is bitter, bent over and out for revenge, the Jew who is unathletic and seemingly unthreatening but who, in fact, wants to murder every firstborn child of the gentile community.”

>The message from Batman Returns is that all our ills arise from the work of some small but evil bunch of rich and powerful people who are different from us—not quite human, beasts, vermin—and are therefore after blood, wanting to kill our children and our God and the Christmas holiday

Attached: (((that nose))).jpg (640x360, 16K)

wtf i love Tim Burton now

the tomato soup was cold

not a damn thing. best live action batman movie ever made

I'd be curious to see how that would've turned out with Harvey Dent (Billy Dee Williams) in the role of Max Schrek

Then to see him play Two Face in a Burton 3rd film