Best Godzilla movie, prove me wrong

Best Godzilla movie, prove me wrong

Attached: godzilla 85.jpg (722x1106, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d8qmkEKFsCw&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't

Son of Godzilla exists

And it fucking sucks

It's my favorite Godzilla movie. I like that it's a movie about Godzilla becoming a father and overcoming his lonely existence. Most other movies are about Godzilla punching some monster and fucking off. I say give him a break.

Shin is GOAT
Hideaki Anno did good

Shin sucked

>his acting technique was revolutionary
What did they mean by this?

Godzilla 54 was the first use of suitmation

No, it wasn't

Gillman for the win

Non-plebian opinion coming through

Attached: 518v71d8-OL.jpg (349x500, 51K)

>Any Showa movie except 54
>Good

The patrician answer is 98. The acting may have not been the greatest but the film is highly underappreciated. I say that because the Creators of this film didn't want the typical God of destruction monster but wanted to create a creature that had a reason for it's actions. Beside it just stomping through a random city of some sort. In this film the creature learned and showed signs of intelligence without being overly human like expressive like the 2014 Godzilla. They tried to make it as realistic and animalistic as possible. And I think that is what everyone missed!

What the fuck

>King Kong vs. Godzilla
>Mothra vs. Godzilla
>Ghidorah
>Invasion of Astro-monster
>Anything with Mechagodzilla
>Destroy all monsters

I know Shin was your first Godzilla movie but kindly fuck off

Pleb

This but unironically, except the part where it's the best (it's better than half the japanese ones but it doesn't hold a candle to the really good ones)

98 fucking sucks, even All Monsters Attack is more enjoyable than that fucking abortion

It's my favorite

I agree with all of these except Ghidrah and Terror of Mechagodzilla, Ghidrah was fucking boring for 90% of it and the 10% of monster fighting doesn't make up for it and Terror of Mechagodzilla is an edgier retread of the first movie with one of the laziest monsters in the series.

Stop replying to bait.

I will never forgive Shin for bringing in so many retards to the community

This.
That's not Godzilla vs Destoroyah

>only 205 days until Godzilla vs Kong
>still no trailer
What gives?

Attached: gojirapepe.jpg (904x596, 169K)

But what's the most kino poster?

Attached: MV5BNDZlNDFhOTUtOTY5My00ZmM5LWFhYjAtMTcxMjc1ZDI2YjgyL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTMxMjgxMzA@._V1 (2055x2922, 1.27M)

Based Goji Poster. We'll get our ads soon lads.

>No legit good movie about Godzilla's comfy adventures into parenthood

I know it has no place in the current cinema landscape but i want an All Monsters Attack kind of lighthearted romp that's not hot garbage

>All Monsters Attack is hot garbage
I liked it. Ichiro dreams up a comfy Minilla adventure.

Attached: 1461390329698.jpg (800x1044, 152K)

I would also like a new lighthearted Godzilla movie. Kaiju tend to be miserable punching bags of edginess so a fun adventure would be a pleasant change.

All the Heisei posters were amazing

Attached: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.jpg (2060x2929, 1.43M)

Why is it with heisei that the better the movie, the less good the poster is?

Didn't it just finish shooting?

Gamera The Brave might be for you, it's a cute E.T- like story following a kid having baby-gamera as a pet

great movie

I know, it's also probably the best movie to introduce someone to the genre with

I wish that moguera was in a good movie

What did they mean by this

Attached: godzilla_vs_megalon[1].jpg (1899x2910, 1.22M)

Spacegodzilla was a good movie, though

The part where Jet Jaguar flies around and crashes into the Twin Towers hasn't aged very well

I can agree with that.

He is, and it's called the Mysterians, you plebe.

Attached: 4mysterianposter.jpg (1389x1080, 273K)

>ANNO DID GOOD
not even trying to hide it

Attached: ME GOOD YOU BAD.jpg (640x480, 33K)

oh shit

Is this one actually good? I have only heard of this one as the movie Mogura first appears in

>Reminder kids, never trust a jew!
Can't believe they got Raimi's unborn ghost to direct this movie

It's very good. It's still in the rough era of the 50's where Toho was getting their feel for doing genre stuff but it's Honda and it's a solid alien invasion pic. Maybe a little drawn-out in some of the battles, but the effects are great (for early Toho). Forewarning: Moguera is only in two scenes.

>Moguera is only in two scenes.
Man, why do people rarely give a shit about Mogura? Same with Baragon. Why are they so unpopular?

Where can I find a torrent for this? Rutracker and RARBG aren't giving me anything

Because they are weird looking.
Japan likes weird, cute things.

I love those two

Fucked if I know. I just have everything on DVD.

There's a pretty big 70-something kaiju movie torrent floating around and i'm sure it includes The Mysterians, just download the one file and enjoy.

I can't say if it's in japanese or english, tho.

I love this goofy-looking motherfucker but his only Godzilla appearance is in the shittiest movie in the franchise. Kinda wish they reused him in a better movie or something.

Attached: Gabara_Kaiju_Guide.jpg (600x601, 88K)

I always had an idea to make a sequel to Godzilla's Revenge where Ichiro is in his early twenties and invents some sci-fi gadget to bring dreams into reality and Gabara is like a Freddy Kreuger-type being that materializes into reality and hatches in the city in a grotesque egg kind of like Russel Crowe in Virtuosity.

If you mean the original version, yes. Much as it was cool that Raymond Burr came back for the American version the stupid American "humor" and editing the movie to make it look like the Russians were trying to launch the missile ruined it.

The suit they used for Return is honestly pretty bleh. The shoulders are practically nonexistent and the eyes are too big and have too much white showing. And his canines are way too long, the same problem he had in Godzilla's Counterattack.

Attached: need coffee, keep away.jpg (1410x999, 356K)

>That filename
kek

>his canines are way too long
That's how they're supposed to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8qmkEKFsCw&t

Love this guy's Godzilla comparison/evolution videos.

It finished shooting before KOTM even was released

Yeah, his eyes are too big and cartoony. His mouth should have hard more of a snarl, with some upper body mass he lacks here. He looks too much like a mascot here, and less of a monster.

>remake Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster
>make one of the three Earth monsters side with Ghidorah so he can keep the other one out of the right so the majority of the movie is Godzilla alone against Ghidorah
Such a wasted opportunity.

Attached: merlin_155267454_f76dbae3-4568-4047-97fb-3cade7f4c132-articleLarge.jpg (600x263, 9K)

OP I profoundly love 85 but Biollante is better.

> Godzilla vs Biollante
> Gamera 3
> Gamera 2
> Godzilla 1985 (American version specifically)
> GMK
Gap...
> Godzilla vs Destroyah
> Godzilla King of the Monsters (2019)
> Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2
> Godzilla 2000 (American version specifically)

>>King Kong vs. Godzilla
Bro I strongly agree with Mothra vs and Terror of Mech but KKvsG sucks and is the worst G film after Revenge.
> Fuckawful Kong suit.
> Awful Godzilla suit with oversized hands/spines/eyes.
> Bad sets/tanks (minus the castle at the end)
> Characters are slapstick-ish and weird.
Only good scene is the Octopus attack.

I found it pretty boring on my last viewing of it but it was still decent.

Nah that suit was great.
The lower spinal placement was really good and the head/mouth is great. The eyes are too large but it's only a problem from the front. From the side they look good.

Attached: 34 - wUps6p1.jpg (2132x1548, 962K)

The cybot for comparison.

Attached: 35 - AqKnQVc.jpg (1172x1198, 209K)

I dunno, it's cool that they were trying for the Showa look but it just didn't work this time. The design from Biollante onward was far better for the Heisei series.

Attached: gigantic-series-godzilla-vs-biollante-godzilla-1989-square-enix.jpg (864x576, 67K)

>Gatekeeping
Have sex, weeb.

This is probably the worst one and that's only if you look to hard and long at Godzilla's face

Attached: liwyaqnio0931.jpg (720x1280, 183K)

I'm too busy laughing at Mothra's gigantic birdlike feet.

Attached: ehjgzejkny831.jpg (1536x2732, 809K)

>it's cool that they were trying for the Showa look
What the hell are you talking about? It's vastly more fearsome and menacing then any showa suit.
The head shape was way more like the later Heisei suits then any showa head.

>King Ghidorah was originally going to have three different colors for his gravity beams as shown by test footage, which the poster art was based on
>decided to keep them gold, but Mecha-King Ghidorah's robot head references this with its mouth laser's colors changing constantly

G84's head looks like Mothra vs Godzilla's head.

Attached: c5cf1-mothravsgodzilla1.png (1280x544, 638K)

>Only seen the original 1954 and KotM
lol I'm basically a godzilla buff right