I-I-I'll-k-kkill-you-I'll-k-kill-you-I'll-kill-you- I'll-kill-you-I'll-kil-

I-I-I'll-k-kkill-you-I'll-k-kill-you-I'll-kill-you- I'll-kill-you-I'll-kil-

Attached: tq1dzwgp7kh31.jpg (1125x2436, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J1c_dUVRvNs
dailymotion.com/video/x2dwnvb
youtube.com/watch?v=b4jRw6wHLGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do it, punk ass bitch.

Ok

If you wont touch me i'll rape you Shinji Ikari

Attached: asuka.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

Oh god, if only

*poke*

Asuka needs a hug.

Attached: cd2ea530beccd5d9b1ef0dfccad79ba2.jpg (480x751, 65K)

>chink cartoons

>the quintessential "masterpiece" anime is actually just a 5/10 teenage drama similar to something like Teen Wolf

I really hate anime faggots

Yea Forums is best girl board

Attached: asuka-langley-soryu.png (2792x4000, 1.11M)

imagine being this person

cursed mentality

>I really hate anime faggots

>is on Yea Forums

Attached: 1476922445827.gif (158x132, 27K)

You are the best Asuka. I love you!
My brothers!

Attached: 1558034675799.jpg (800x436, 54K)

youtube.com/watch?v=J1c_dUVRvNs

misato best grill

Attached: download (3).jpg (1731x2500, 884K)

It's a 7 due to the animation and editing alone. But yeah, I could kinda care less about the rest

>could kinda care less
I couldn't care less about your garbage opinion

>muh deconstruction of the hero
The characters are literally personifications of their respective problems, nothing more. The narrative is a bloated convoluted mess much like other acclaimed animes (looking at you Akira). The dialogue is dreadful but this could be a translation issue. The editing is interesting and the artwork is great.

7/10 is the best I can do

dumb people like eva, intelligent people love eva, it's the midwits who hate it.

>he couldn't understand it
ANNOED

Attached: 1493162751613.png (968x733, 206K)

>comparing eva's writing to akira's

Attached: 1525318845943.jpg (320x378, 27K)

Your writing is reminiscent of an underage redditor.

>animes

lol fuck off pleb

It's a doggy-dog world man.

>newfag retorts
Care to defend your glorious nippon anime m8?

>the characters are motivated and molded by the experiences with other characters in the show and have relatable problems. i prefer capeshit, 3/10

>newfag retorts
Care to defend your glorious nippon anime m8?
Shit you convinced me

>animes
>Akira
>could care less
>newfag
It is to laugh. Shoo little boy

Attached: asuka___misato_and_rei_by_chaosemperor971_dc9j2g2-pre.jpg (751x1063, 77K)

no one cares if you're too dumb for eva m8

So retarded, he posted it twice!

Yeah, and? They're perfectly one-dimensional, and the whole inside story-outside story characterization reads like freshman's first screenplay. The show has very little interesting to say, and when it attempts to it gets lost in a litany of hammy, convoluted metaphors.

I should repeat, I like Eva, but mostly for its editing.

also, nice strawman m8

Empty assertions with no examples or
>proof
Methinks you just dumb and nono what u sprache

Attached: 1563845223797.jpg (600x534, 265K)

>hey if i say all of these cliche platitudes it means its true

dailymotion.com/video/x2dwnvb

>you just dumb
The trips don't lie user

*GETS HER OUTSTRETCHED HAND CUT DOWN THE MIDDLE THEN THE REST OF HER BODY LITERALLY TORN TO SHREDS*

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A FEMALE CHARACTER MORE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT THAN ASUKA IN EOE

MAX HEROISM = UTTERLY REKT
SORRY GIRLS, SHINJI THE SHITLORD IS THE CHOSEN ONE

you are retarded. the character development in eva is unmatched in most media.

>tfw no cute redheaded BPD Asuka gf
Why even live. Do they even exist

Attached: giphy.gif (500x284, 700K)

Every character is given an oh-so-sad backstory, and every character has exactly one respective response to their trauma, ie, they're one-dimensional. As for ridiculous metaphors––AT fields.

>cliche platitudes
Couldn't have described Eva better myself
And you're the authority on "most media" I presume.

>Shinji comes to save the day
>finally his big heroic moment
>sees Unit 02's corpse
>screams like slaughtered calf
>blue screens of death for the majority of the rest of the film
The chosen one

it's literally a story about dealing with depression, loneliness, and personal tragedy. each personality trait of every character has a real and apparent reason for existing due to previous trauma and all of them are explored throughout the series/film. the entire premise of the show is the hedgehog's dilemma and the AT field is a perfect metaphor for the barriers people put up to protect themselves from others. i'm sorry you're 14 and haven't experienced any kind of personal trauma.

>he gets butthurt enough to insult others because they don't like his japanese cartoons
I understand perfectly well what the show is about and how it manages its themes via the characters, I'm saying it's poorly done. I think the hedgehog's dilemma is a corny platitude and I think the AT field is fucking stupid and the amount of investment put into such a shit metaphor is laughable.

Let's just agree to disagree m8.

If they were one dimensional they wouldn't have any detailed backstory or any repressed insecurities reflected (and in many cases refracted) in their behaviour. You do know what one dimensional means right? What dimensions are?
Characters having a sad backstory isn't even a problem.
Nothing wrong with AT Fields either as a metaphor.
If you're going to be an edgy contrarian you'll have to be more articulate than this.

Rei a cute

Attached: 1550016768207.jpg (1171x1313, 197K)

>hurr i say its bad so its bad

fuck off underage lmao

Imagine being this person.

Rei is the best choice for Shinji. The reveal that she's a clone of his mom is just Anno projecting how little he knows about women.

>I'm saying it's poorly done.
You're not saying why other than
>guh I fink it derefore it be so
I mean you just called Schopenhauer fucking corny. Beyond laughable.

eva threads are eternal

Attached: 1548630574385.jpg (600x428, 43K)

>poorly done
>corny
>fucking stupid
>shit metaphor

What an objective analyses

Asuka best girl!

Based!!!

Attached: 1524006934660.jpg (1440x1080, 291K)

Guys don't leave me alone

anime is for faggots

This poster is 14

Fucking kill yourself you brainlet

go back to capeshit retard

so did she die when the drones btfo her or did she get ressurected at the end

both desu

Both. She died only a few minutes before instrumentality, which was apparently a short enough time for her to be incorporated into it.

Their backstories are an excuse for their characterization, which is exactly their respective repressed insecurities and nothing more. Fukunaga's Maniac suffered the exact same problem. They're not characters, they're personality disorders. Characters having a sad backstory isn't a problem, nor is it a credit. An inside story is literally what you learn day one in a screenplay class. I have no idea why people credit Eva with such incredible character backstories. Asuka's is so melodramatic and sentimental it borders on comedy. Yeah and there's nothing particularly great about AT fields as a metaphor either, is there? "Oh, the AT fields were inside of us all along." It's fucking dumb and frankly the show has very little otherwise interesting to say.

>backstories and personal trauma that motivate apparent insecurities isn't characterization

nigga you are 14

I love my cute mentally ill waifu

Attached: asuka-header.jpg (1400x700, 120K)

AND WHO DECIDES THE FATE OF THE WORLD HMMMM

HE IS
THE ONE

Attached: 1533691523211.jpg (550x518, 34K)

>screenplay class.
Fucking kek. You are too far gone my lad.

so whats the deal at the end when the world turns into soup
is humanity supposed crawl back out of the oceans again or what

Attached: asuka_couch.webm (1632x626, 2.89M)

I've given several reasons why I think the themes are the show are not executed well. And when you get around to reading Schopenhauer and Freud you'll realize they say a lot of corny shit and are not at infallible, and picking up some throwaway lines from those guys as the entire crux of your show means fuck all if the show is bad.
Let's see yours.
>strawman

>look at me i just namedropped an old philospher. Am i smart yet?

Attached: a8c52db91dc98c30c99715de33e49e71.png (310x326, 15K)

>the magic barrier protecting both the protagonists and their faceless enemies is actually a physical representation of the barriers one puts around oneself to shield from trauma caused by others while simultaneously shielding from genuine affection at the same time which ties directly into the theme layed out in episode 4 overarching throughout the whole series is boiled down to "Oh, the AT fields were inside us all along"

This maybe the dumbest post I've seen on this site

You haven't given any analysis or criticism other than your subjective underage opinion.

Attached: Crown.jpg (705x960, 83K)

>And when you get around to reading Schopenhauer and Freud
I know for an absolute fact you haven't read a line of them besides what you've possibly gleaned from wikipedia

So we can all agree that the whole show/movie was an allegory for Shinji's failed relationship with Asuka, right?

>themes are not executed well because I say so
>characters are bad and "one dimensional" because I say so
>Freud and Schopenhauer are corny because I say so
>the show is bad because I say so

only big brain takes from you

>>look at me i just namedropped an old philospher. Am i smart yet?

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

the hedgehog's dillema is literally Schopenhauer samefag

Apparently if someone's will is hard enough to achieve individuality inside the collective which is the LCL soup, then they can will themselves to come back.

It's just supposed to look cool. There's no deeper meaning to Evangelion. The idea that's true is a very old shitpost style where you basically assert the ridiculous and flood the thread with evidence for your theory, no matter how ridiculous the evidence is.

>show bad because i don't like
>saying go back to capeshit is a strawman

Attached: download.gif (480x561, 227K)

found another retard

I imagine you think that because you yourself would never. Frankly I would be embarrassed to say something like that myself.
How exactly is that not an effective reduction of that theme?

Cute!!!

Attached: SX3LAXH.png (714x1000, 343K)

live action when

on the count of one to potato, how much of a faggot am I for wanting to see a new take on EVA where Shinji and Asuka slowly fall for one another and heal one another's emotional issues through the powah of luv?

Based fight. The music was such a good choice.

Attached: O73lqYy.jpg (8016x2164, 709K)

Attached: bb.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Boring troll reply

>How exactly is that not an effective reduction of that theme?
Literal nonsense.

Attached: asuka_piloting.jpg (1024x724, 120K)

My wish-fullment desire for this is tempered by knowing it wouldn't be very good.

Best girl rises!

Attached: 1521300369876.jpg (278x278, 84K)

I'm waiting for 3.0 + 1.0 to make this happen.
I'm going to be so incredibly disappointed

Probably a big one, but I kind of want to see that too. It's probably a bad idea, though.

Attached: asuka_by_kr0npr1nz-d8ctdv5.jpg (900x900, 680K)

Fuck I love you guys. Based.

Attached: 1565059640056.jpg (680x510, 48K)

That's how opinions work m8. I've given reasons why I don't care all that much for the Eva narrative, and you all have rejected them on the very basis that they're my opinions and not empirical fucking proof or something. Also, I said that Freud and Schops have said a lot of corny shit, which they absolutely have, not that they themselves were wholly corny.
Again, that's how opinions work m8. Do you have any? And assuming I'm a "capeshit" fan because I don't love to death Eva is a strawman. Also the dichotomy you're presenting is fucking hilarious.

Don't you weebs have your own board for these cartoons

Where to get asuka gf?

Attached: 15650741251910.jpg (1333x2000, 221K)

Yeah, me too.

This. So much this.

>I imagine you think that because you yourself would never. Frankly I would be embarrassed to say something like that myself.
Are you drunk. I know you've never read them because anyone who has read Schopenhauer and Freud probably has more intelligence to call them corny. Feel free to prove me wrong. What else exactly in Schopenhauer did you find corny and in what book?

the only piece of eva that is "meaningless" is the religious symbolism according to Gainax employees, but to write off an entire piece of art as open to interpretation as Eva is a repudiation of the subjectivity of art itself. even the religious symbolism put in to look cool can be interpreted as meaningful. this is lazy thinking.

kek

ITS A TV SHOW AND MOVIE! YOU CAN'T TELL US WHAT TO DO! IT'S ON NETFLIX!

Psych ward

Attached: evangelion-evangelion-3-you-can-not-redo-asuka-langley-sohryu-wallpaper-preview.jpg (728x410, 73K)

Fuck off.

Attached: 1563496962662.jpg (3321x4500, 2.29M)

your entire criticism of the show is so shallow I don't know why I'm wasting my time replying to you lol

Probably don't make appeals to continental philosophy and then admit you've never actually read any, in the future.
Ok m8. It's ok if we don't agree.

Attached: 249839235834.png (434x327, 55K)

nigga you are the biggest psued lmao

It's pretty simple. It's about human relationships. The main conclusion of the story is about humans learning to live with each other, representated by Shinji and best girl Asuka.
At the end, Shinji is trying to kill Asuka and Asuka for the first time, decides to act genuinely caring with him. Shinji stops and starts crying, Asuka says how disgusting, because Shinji jerked off while she was in coma and also to portrait the love and conflict relationship between those two and humans in general.
BRAVO ANNO.

Attached: 1559791406406.png (1200x1586, 2.28M)

samefag

There is a difference between opinions and facts
An opinion: I personally dislike Eva because I find it boring and can't connect to the characters
A fact: you, user, are a massive retard

shinji saved humanity by giving them the choice to come back, eventually people will start emerging from instrumentality and rebuild society and rebuild suggests this is exactly what happened

>if I keep making sophist arguments i'll be right

Evas and angels have AT fields that are products of their souls. Humans apparently have baby AT fields that cause small, invisible seperate; ego. The ideas put forward by EVA really aren't terrible in a scifi setting.

So prove to me there's some hidden meaning within Evangelion then.

there are quite literally hundreds of hours of analysis on YouTube and thousands of articles you can look up yourself babby

Its not just that we don't agree, what you wrote was completely incoherent.

the meaning isn't hidden it's right fucking there. it's literally right there in the show. the show has themes. are you fucking retarded? the show bashes you over the head with it. did you fail the third grade?

lmao nope
you're just a faggot

>rebuild suggests this is exactly what happened

Attached: 1564684374715.gif (720x405, 291K)

meaning is subjective to what the individual gains from the experience. if you got nothing out of eva it's meaningless to you, the same cannot be said for the vast majority of viewers judging by the wealth of analysis available online and the popularity of the series.

>merely reading Schops and Freud makes you some great intellectual that doesn't use words like corny
I called Eva's take on the hedgehog dilemma corny, and continued to use the word merely for continuity's sake. It's not a major theme in either Schopenhauer or Freud's work.
Feel free to stop. This is probably my last post. I'm really not interested in a shit flinging contest.

Attached: stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

cope samefag

Sorry, but if Anno wrote something so profound and all of that analysis isn't just quackery then you should be able to summarize the correct theory in a few brief statements.

Attached: D5zy2mjX4AAESQ2.jpg (579x950, 102K)

>It's a newfag pretends to dislike something alot of people like to feel special episode.

Attached: 79465.jpg (225x350, 26K)

Right back at you senpai

Attached: kCFm2Hi.jpg (800x1119, 122K)

>the correct theory

nigga do you even know what interpretation means

people like this make me realize the matrix was a documentary

Are you really so afraid to say that your view is right that you won't do it?

>I called Eva's take on the hedgehog dilemma corny
Nope you called specifically called both Schopenhauer and Freud writers of "corny shit." What was it about them that you found corny? Be specific now bab, I know you've read them deeply.

evangelion can be summarized in one sentence: it's worth connecting with others, even if it's painful

>it's a zoomers just watched EVA recently and wanna discuss it thread
If you're still seriously discussing this show or debating who's the best girl that's a perfect indicator you're the most new of all newfags

my view is my interpretation. it is "right" to no one but me. that is the nature of art.

Boring troll reply

i'm sorry you're 14 and don't understand what subjectivity means.

Attached: Sunrise.jpg (1064x751, 113K)

Autism

From here on out I'l prefix all my arguments with the works "I personally" like I'm writing a 4th grade book analysis of Nancy fucking Drew, just so that you autists don't get your feelings hurt.
Meanwhile you can keep doing whatever it is that you're doing to wonderful effect.
Yeah I get that but there's so much more that Eva could have done with that and didn't. Maybe it's smart enough to know the hedgehog's dilemma, but ultimately has nothing to say about it.
It's perfectly coherent if you know what the words exactly, reduction, and theme mean.

There's nothing to discuss all anime "discussion" is a ploy to post and argue about waifus

everyone turning into LCL at the end is just a visual representation of separate people ceasing to exist. literally turning into one giant soup where people can't keep secrets from each other and can't hurt and be hurt anymore, where human relationships can't exist. shinji, and the show itself, rejects this. again: you're a brainlet if you couldn't get this

Has any artist ever tried to do a take on what Asuka would look like as an Adult?

your posts make me physically ill

>but ultimately has nothing to say about it.
Absolutely fucking stupid beyond all forms of comprehension. Thought you were ending your brainlet tirade with the last post

>It's perfectly coherent if you know what the words exactly, reduction, and theme mean
They mean roughly nothing when you put them together in the context that you did.

>i'm done posting
>proceeds to reply to 4 posts while saying absolutely nothing

Attached: 1550634201893.jpg (850x1000, 417K)

>I'm writing a 4th grade book analysis of Nancy fucking Drew,
This is the level that your 'analysis' is at though.

Can someone please post pics of that sexy cosplay girl? I don't watch the anime or know who this character is but I always click these threads anyways to check out those pictures.

Eva is such a great pleb filter goddamn

Mari is objectively worst girl

based

You mean Shiro? She's pretty sexy.

Attached: 1554620727048.jpg (1441x2160, 804K)

Attached: 1523510449549.jpg (576x432, 23K)

Ooh
Ooohhoohoooo

Yup. That's the one.

She has literally one emotion/facial expression. At least one dimensional characters have at least two emotional states. She is literally a zero dimensional character.

I didn't get much out of the thread as a whole but I like that.

Attached: asuka sees what you did there.gif (498x372, 1.59M)

Based, Mari is fanservice for brainlets

Imagine to kiss her pusy

Attached: an6q9rq3fi731.jpg (640x960, 285K)

you're a brainlet for thinking you needed to post this

as long as you stuck to monochrome art she'd look like misato with asuka's hair
arr rook same

I understand what Anno was going for and it could have been kino but she's just so monumentally boring

Based user trigerring anime incels. You are right on everything you said, Evangelion is fine but it is EXTREMELY overrated, and the reason is that spergs that are detached from reality think it's le deep

It explores the "hedgehogs dilemma" in about as much depth as any medium, short of some novels I'm sure. I mean, yes, that particular theme is heavy handed and obvious to an educated, older individual, who might end upsay "This is stupid, they just keep showing the same character traits over and over!". I think that's the point though, in EVAs case, that many people don't have sudden revelations or growth, even if they understand their traumas and shortcomings. EVA connects enormously with youths going through puberty and have any of these characters traits. I think it's why it's legacy is so strong.

Yes, I said they wrote some corny shit, again, for continuity purposes. You brought them up. I find Schops' appeals to physics corny, and thus his readings of Hegel suffer. I find pretty much every late Freud work incredibly corny, see the Elektra complex. In Theory of Dreams I think he probably relies on schematics far too much for what was and is a very abstract notion of unconsciousness, and frankly his evidence and interpretations of many of his patients and friends dreams seem to conform to HIS wishes, ironically enough. I think it's corny that he dismisses evidence as marginal that doesn't fit his hypotheses. I love Freud and have read much of his work. He was brilliant. He also said some dumb shit. Schops too, but I've studied him far less than Freud. It really doesn't matter, because like I said, the hedgehog dilemma is a very small matter in both of their work.

WHAT'S THE MATTER user
TOO DEEP FOR YOU?

Attached: (「・ω・)「.png (300x300, 128K)

shut the fuck up zoomer

This is now a Shirogane thread

Attached: 125.jpg (2368x3548, 3.9M)

Attached: EA6CzbxWsAAuchi_1.gif (656x368, 2.47M)

yes kurisu we are stupid

Fuck this stupid fucking character so much.
Literally the Poochie of Eva

>took 25 minutes to google a reply to anonymous posters on a chinese image board

holy shit lmao

Yes but exploring a theme about as well as any other medium isn't exactly glowing praise, is it?

more like a fuck if you catch my drift

Here's the good version of that. I hate that they added all the long black pauses, whatever

Attached: assuka30_tn7i4virn.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

>thinking that reading a book is some otherwordly feat

t. Eva fan

todavĂ­a no es viernes de ahorcar rucas jaja

>Yeah I get that but there's so much more that Eva could have done with that and didn't.
This is typical shit criticism. Know your place you disgusting pedestrian. For all the creative writing classes you've took, you are not a creator. You're supposed to judge something based on what it is, not some imaginary version. I mean, you can have your own imaginary version, but if it plays a role in your critique, you're beyond fucked.
>Maybe it's smart enough to know the hedgehog's dilemma, but ultimately has nothing to say about it.
What should it have to say about a fucking metaphor? Jesus Christ.
Hurting and disappointing others are a common motif throughout the series that touches on most of the main characters.
The dilemma is not just there to shoehorn personality traits (which is not), it's integral to the AT field and the resolution of the series.
What else could you possibly want you fucking pseud.

Are we talking about Mari or Rei?

I would rail Shiro so hard bros

B o t h

Attached: A - B_h3wr9dnivx.jpg (2000x1333, 194K)

Is Shinji’s mom conscious in the Eva? Why the fuck does she roar so much?

BOOM

CASHGRAB FAGGOTRY
SHE IS A LITERAL AS IN LITERAL WHORE

KARASUUUUUUU

youtube.com/watch?v=b4jRw6wHLGw

>lying on a chinese imageboard

Bros

Attached: 4.jpg (1001x1500, 367K)

>Elektra complex
That was Jung you moron. Freud never thought there was such a thing. Lover of Freud indeed.

Everything else you've written is deliberately vague though props to you for giving it a try.

where has the hedgehog's dilemma been portrayed to a better effect than eva?

BROS.

Attached: 247.jpg (937x1250, 276K)

She has to protect her boi; also salty at father; also soul trapped in EVA.

Also how did Gendo put Shinji’s mom’s soul inside of it?

>tfw mommy will never eat you

why must i live

Attached: 7.jpg (900x600, 325K)

keep going i'm gonna cum

Sometimes I wake up at night just thinking about how much I hate Mari. Mari is either a sign that man is predestined towards evil or that man should never have been given free will in the first place. I hate Mari more than any other iota in the universe.

Attached: no thanks.png (841x619, 620K)

Weebs are so pathetic that they can never appreciate any meaningful messages unless it has fan service distracting their cum riddled brains.
>DUDE its deep because they're fighting these things called angels and asuka has a few panties shots
Every thread never goes beyond blatant waifu faggotry, good luck talking about the plot to EoE without hundreds of some spunk monks going "ACSHUALLY ASUKA IS BEST GIRL"

Holy shit, all these weebs are sneething so hard

She's wearing too much makeup here, but fugg

By the way, come visit our thread on /hr/

Attached: 15657553118533-edit.jpg (1622x2434, 1.99M)

Why is Yui mad at Gendo?

the absolute state of weebs
how sad

I'm judging based on what it is––not great. The themes of Eva have been around forever and done far better. I'm not performing an analysis, I'm giving my opinion. The mere fact that it represents the hedgehogs dilemma does not blow me away.
>not a creator
Couple films on NoBudge and I've AD'd on several indie productions. Not everyone here is a neet.

While never explained scientifically, it was an 'accident'. She wanted to test to experiment to activate EVA or something, accident occurs. Gendos motivation changes from that point foward from helping his wifes research to trying to reunite with her.

Where have they been done better

based Anno for triggering the waifufags

Fuck I knew something like that happened but was hoping it was autistically in-depth

i want to sniff that ass

EoE did this in the 90's tho

This. Pls. I hope the last rebuild asukas character does a 360 and starts being nice to shinji again

If the last two (?) episodes are in Shinji’s head, at what point does he “wake up” in EOE?

So much stupidity in just one post.

Probably because he's a shit father, using her son as a tool to reunite with her. She can see all the mental trauma Shinji has gone through I'm sure, and how much of it relates to Gendo.

You've not read Theory of Dreams so you really don't know what you're talking about. Jung was in dialogue with Freud. He didn't come upon that notion himself.

ALL OF YOU: Why the fuck would you want to watch the Rebuilds when EOE was the perfect ending?

they're alternate endings

he's the grown up version of shinji's negative attributes

>Couple films on NoBudge
Kek talk about achievements

No one cares

wtf? mari in EoE?

DESPITE ALL THE META PSYCHOBABLE AND FANWANK ITS LITERALLY JUST
MALE LEAD SAVES THE WORLD AND GETS THE GIRL

VERY PROBLEMATIC I MUST SAY

SOMETHING A CAVEMAN LIKE DONALD DRUMPF WOULD WATCH
GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT AND GRAB EM BY THE FUCKING PUSSY

Animefaggots eternally btfo'd

Attached: 1561718411233.jpg (574x81, 19K)

give one example of eva's theme being done better

I'm proud of them

Because they exist. They're deeply flawed, but they're still interesting to watch.

Attached: 15.jpg (1000x1498, 715K)

eoe was aimed at waifufags

Where have eva's themes been done better?

See I can’t watch the rebuilds because I’m afraid they’ll muddy my perception of the original series

I'll freely admit I've never read Theory of Dreams but neither have you because no such book exists. Do you mean the Interpretation of Dreams? I have it on my shelf somewhere could you point to the passage where Freud mentions the Electra Complex?

it's also a manga website

>>the quintessential "masterpiece" anime is actually just a 5/10 teenage drama similar to something like Teen Wolf
kys, brainlet.

Post them

Who the Fuck would ever want to pilot an Eva? It’s a fucking horrorshow every time someone steps into one.

Yeah shes just a carbon cutout waifu. Maybe she'll get fleshed out in the next rebuild lol

They didn't for me. They're completely distinct in my head. Even the characters seem like separate, parallel universe versions of each other.

Attached: 1556566457817.jpg (1000x1500, 641K)

>gets the girl

not really

Attached: 387.jpg (1000x1498, 603K)

Interpretation of Dreams, yeah. He anticipates the Elektra Complex several times, most particularly in the chapter on Infantile sources and Symbolism in dreams, I think. The words Elektra Complex are not used in the book, but if you have the Strachey translation it's in the footnotes several times.

McCabe & Mrs. Miller

Brap

Attached: 6.jpg (1442x2160, 1.51M)

Based

You and I both know that's an awful idea.

No one WANTS to, but if you don't you die anyway, and everyone you care about dies, and the world ends.
It's like that scene in Deer Hunter where they have to keep taking chances playing Russian roulette to even have a chance at survival.

Kek

Attached: 731.jpg (486x409, 45K)

BRAP BRAP

Attached: 13.jpg (1620x2160, 1.18M)

BRAAAP

Attached: 15628485480230-edit.jpg (1000x1499, 983K)

>McCabe & Mrs. Miller

that's a big stretch chief

EXCEPT YES REALLY

MARI'S ROBOT IS THE UGLIEST THING EVER DESIGNED

SADAMOTO MUST HAVE CAUGHT BRAIN CANCER

Attached: Eva-08C_Front.png (781x1245, 870K)

Attached: 4.jpg (1000x1500, 633K)

Asuka did (for attention)
Kensuke did too probably because it's a giant robot

It deconstructs a different genre and doesn't namedrop the dilemma directly, but it has very similar themes.

So does Kurosawa's Pulse.

>I'm judging based on what it is
Then why even mention the show could've done things so much better?
>The themes of Eva have been around forever
How is this even a critique? Unoriginal = bad?
Is Crime and Punishment a bad book because it's an old premise? Is Lord of the Rings bad because Homer had perfected the epic formula 2000 years earlier?
>done far better
(Cool examples). Comparative criticism comes very easy to me too, but it's just dumb. If you can't trace the influences, it literally means nothing.
>Rembrandt painted one apple so much better than Cezanne, therefore Cezanne is nothing special.
So deep!!

Tbqh, it just sounds like you're another assblasted pseud who heard so much about NGE they expected some perfect fucking masterpiece or whatever and felt underwhelmed. You guys come and go, but this shit's been discussed for 25 years.

>been done
In his shitty indie movies, dude. Obviously.

based-based-based-based-based-based-

Because you aren't proud of them?

I don't know what the fuck they're thinking with 3.0+1.0. It seems like they're just doubling down on all the insane action-driven incoherence of 3.0.

Attached: 14.jpg (1500x1001, 742K)

More content. Plus does something's different

What are some sentences that instantly tell you that someone didn't get Eva?

>EoE had a sad ending

ching chong fling flong dong

BASED NGL

CHINESE CARTOONS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I discussed how the metaphor wasn't incredibly novel because so many of you presented it as if it were. The show is bad for the several reasons otherwise that I gave forever ago. I just don't like it m8. I don't know why that's breaking your fucking heart.

Attached: 1564373470608.webm (320x240, 87K)

Done posting shiro, come join our (slow) thread on /hr/ for updates and more stuff . There's a torrent of all her pre-May Patreon content out there. She also has threads on 2ch.hk's /fd/ board that frequently get new stuff first.

Attached: 119.jpg (1001x1500, 537K)

>the good, the bad and the ugly
From right to left as we go by japanese convention

i thought you were done posting 30 minutes ago, pseud

Because I don't want to be linked to what's perceived as an alt-right bastion if one of my films is ever picked up for distribution.

Freud focuses mostly on penis envy in relation to female sexual development. Zeroing on the Electra Complex (which, again, Freud rejected) for a "corny" idea of his is completely bizarre. What else have you read by Freud

Obviously I changed my mind, weeb

seething

>one of my films is ever picked up for distribution.
Don't worry, that's never going to happen.

Shinji is a lucky man

Attached: picturemessage_uvglddtj.xwq-1.png (1024x756, 368K)

based

I know this is going to sound retarded, but why didn’t God intervene in any of this? Why did he let his creations run wild?

I have red hair and BPD but I'm ugly and a guy and my name isn't asuka

Attached: Snapchat-905545490.jpg (1080x1920, 376K)

Samefag or just dense?

>>>>>God

Attached: 517.jpg (248x233, 9K)

>BPD
>guy
Yikes

Let's address this case by case.
Rei was created and raised to pilot the Eva. She literally has no other objective in life until she meets Shinji, other than to keep breathing and pilot the Eva.
Asuka was raised with a laser focus, her mother was one of the creators of the Evas to the neglect of her daughter. This gave Asuka a complex that reached traumatic levels when she saw her mother, driven insane by having half of her soul ripped out of her, commit suicide believing she was taking Asuka with her, all on the day she'd finally activated an Eva.
She then spends the next 10 years in this frame of mind, that she has no purpose in life but to pilot Eva and kill Angels.
Then some nobody climbs into a cockpit, activates an Eva and kills an angel in the span of about 10 minutes. That this is possible is a personal insult to her and everything she's ever done or stood for. And then she meets him and he's a skinny, meek, quiet boy that doesn't even really want to pilot an Eva, his dad just told him to do it.
And Shinji. He saw his mother get turned into Tang when he was 4, then spent the next ten years neglected by his father until a letter arrives with an address to go to and the words "I have a use for you".
Then when he's shown this ten story demon engine and told to climb in so the world doesn't die with no further explanation, a broken girl that can barely stand is dragged out, still in a hospital bed and told she'll do it if he won't.
A few angels later, he gets a hint of what he's been wanting his whole life, a bit of recognition from Gendo before it all goes to hell when he gets cocky.

That's why they pilot Evangelion. Because the only kind of person that would climb into one has to be broken inside, in one way or another.

The only one approaching normal that was a pilot was Toji, and he did it for money and a bit of revenge for nearly killing his sister.
Kensuke wanted it because he's a nerd and thinks it's a giant robot, but never got the chance.

Attached: __ayanami_rei_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_gino0808__sample-5a06bce61a (849x1202, 216K)

THERE IS NO HEDGEHOGS DILEMMA

YOU FUCKING STAB THAT BITCH WITH YOUR QUILLS THEN STAB HER WITH YOUR DICK

ITS HOW THEY LIKE IT THE SLUTS

Which SEELE member is the coolest?

Attached: F2CC19F1-ED53-4243-AC2B-2B8E811E12A5.png (948x1920, 1.83M)

Dilate (after transitioning)

The angels aren't angels of Christianity.
They're aliens.
There are youtube videos that explain the lore of the show.

God's in His Heaven. All's Right with the World.

Yui's dad.

neither. just an amused non-weeb passing by

Wait, so God doesn’t exist in the Eva universe?

the wandering jew, of course

>those noses

And rivalrous relations with the mother, and replacement-fantasies, and many other things as well that directly lead to the Elektra Complex, whether he rejected it or not. I said the Electra Complex for simplicities sake, because googling it inevitably leads one to Freud and some of the things I disagreed with. Most of his letters with Fleiss, all the additions of Interpretation of Dreams, Examples of Oeddipus Dreams, Analysis of a case of Hysteria, his essay on jokes. Not a whole lot of his later stuff, I admit.

Why would he? The series takes place in Japan, and the "Angels" are aliens. There's a whole backstory about how an advanced alien civilization put the black and white moons on Earth and created all the Angels including humanity, IIRC. The Christian imagery is window dressing.

Maybe I’m heartless but I still wouldn’t do it even after the zero guilt trip, would book it out of there and never look back.

Seele is connected with a lot of Jewish imagery, I wonder what Anno was trying to say?

Whoa whoa whoa wait, they’re ALIENS??? Wtf this entire time I thought they were supernatural beings.

Rei guilt trip*

DONT WORRY GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE

sorry what does it mean "window dressing", I am not speak English well

Well that's the crux of the matter, isn't it?
You're not Shinji.

Attached: 1301267085397.jpg (350x559, 66K)

The entire series is connected with Judeo-Christian imagery, brainlet. Anno knows nothing of western religions, they just chose Christian imagery because it would seem exotic to a Japanese audience.

Nah bruh they aliens. AFAIK humanity could have been like them (and almost was when Rei combined everyone during EoE), but we chose to split into separate beings.

I mean the Christian imagery is basically meaningless. Japanese people think of Christianity as some mystical, exotic religion, so Anno chose a bunch of Christian imagery to make the Angels seem mystical. There's no deeper meaning to it

Well WTF does that mean? I’ve spent so long thinking the seeds were cast down from fucking heaven, not ALIENS.

They used the biblical themes because they thought it sounded cool, allegedly.
This is thrown into some debate because a lot of the names and set ups are too appropriate for coincidence.

thank you for explanation, I understand now

Dense

she's literally the asuka version of rei (a clone of asuka's mother.

hahahahahahaha fuck you

I can't believe people feel anything for her what horrible cunt, got a huge hard on when she was being ripped to pieces

>SINGLE HANDEDLY FIGHTS THE ULTIMATE BATTLE OF HUMANITY
>BETA
UM NO SWEETY

GOD CREATED THE ALIENS ITS FINE

You're welcome senpai

I feel bad for you

Attached: qe89xg8vdbc21.jpg (708x1000, 85K)

bro...anime is cringe bro...

based and redheadpilled

Attached: 59 Marc Goldfinger.jpg (1600x1066, 180K)

I agree, but when you consider this, what else is appropriate?
Also, further proof that Rei is best girl.

Attached: 1301267031635.jpg (702x649, 72K)

Wait so why the fuck do they explode into crosses then? Oh god I’ve been watching this show wrong for YEARS.

#
>I find pretty much every late Freud work incredibly corny
>Not a whole lot of his later stuff, I admit.
The LARP reveals itself

The reason for the latter is the former, sherlock.

LCL is literal primordial soup, stated in the series

it's literally impossible for your interpretation to be wrong friend. don't let the intentions of some creators burst your bubble.

THE ALIENS ARE CHOOSING MYTHOLOGICAL FORMS THAT WE CAN RELATE TO

WHEN GOD MADE THE ALIENS HE MADE THEM SMART

Amime fags btfo by this based post

Rebuild fucktards, everyone

I want muh happy ending and epic ACTION ACTION ACTION

That bit is probably just because it looks neat.
Watch the series, learn a bit of Kaballah, then watch it again.
If you start soon, you should be ready by the time the next movie comes out.

Attached: 1295282768568.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

best post i've seen all day, well done

Attached: 1565886791929.jpg (908x912, 237K)

Ah yes, the myth of the computer virus, and the translucent octahedron, and the 4 dimensional subspace portal.
My favorite bedtime stories.

Attached: 1295747954501.jpg (772x900, 541K)

>grrrr how dare people use fiction as escapism and not a way to cement themselves in their own pessimistic worldviews!

>hasn't read most of his later work
>somehow is qualified to say 'pretty much every late Freud work' is corny
Massive retard ahoy. Post your shit films

I don't watch anime that much, but one of my pet peeves is starting to be the series ending in some esoteric dream-like sequence. It's both amazing because of the art, and frustrating because it kind of shits of everything you've been through. Like in eva, they fight all these angels and one of the last sequences is some angel nightmare in space with them stabbing themselves in the heart. Other series I've noticed doing this is Hellsing Ultimate Ova, the third Berserk movie, and now I'm afraid that Attack on Titan will end in a similar fashion. That all the struggle and fighting will end with the writers doing some back flip mental gymnastics to give us an artsy esoteric imagery ending that you need to watch youtube videos to fully understand, instead of a real ending.

Brainlet

>the third Berserk movie
Well that's completely irrelevant because Berserk is still ongoing. You reached volume 9 or 10 of a series that's reached 40 volumes and still going.
Now watch End of Evangelion to see the proper conclusion to the story.

Attached: 1560034718158.jpg (1077x1053, 84K)

*pretty much every late Freud work I've read
Enjoy your semantics

Attached: 1548550211355.png (1200x800, 891K)

>discussed how the metaphor wasn't incredibly novel because so many
Me no likey metaphor is hardly a discussion retard

Here's a rare one.

Attached: 1482636336235.png (1200x800, 138K)

>missing out a key word
>semantics
Enjoy the hole in your brain. Shit films please, I'm dying to see your craft in action

And the consequence of me omitting those two words is... what exactly?

Every other series does that. Fuck off with your action garbage from the one series that goes deeper. Rebuild is more like Transformers than what the original was

can you shut the fuck up already

I need to fuck Asuka

Attached: ZcPRgXc.jpg (453x700, 201K)

Stop replying to me

i've just been lurking but you're adding nothing to the thread while being a massive cunt

The meaning of the sentence changing entirely. Are you so impaired in basic comprehension you cannot recognize the difference between
>Freud's late work is bad
>What I've read of Freud's late work is bad
The former purports to speak with a authority about Freud's late work. The latter is just a LARPing moron talking shit from a narrow field of view.

Shit films while the thread still lives.

Yeah and we've cleared up that I misspoke, so now, what is the consequence? Why is it a problem now? Are you just being pedantic?

Just defending myself from the Evangelion defense force m8

we know you're lying its ok

you're really bad at it

oh fuck yes

Attached: image1_2.jpg (960x1280, 81K)

Fuck it, the threads about to die anyways. I've been larping this entire thread and haven't actually read any Freud.

Nah you're stupid, symbolism always has a reason.

>mispoke
Yeah sure. You're a stupid cunt. Can we agree on that?

This imposter isn't me

This imposter isn't me

Shut up yes it is

IMAGINE I QUOTED EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD AND THEN SAID

>ALL ME

The fact that reading a few books is so beyond you that you'd doubt a stranger telling you he's done so is fucking hilarious to me.

The truth will out

no u

This imposter isn't me

You haven't read them though. Been caught out in your lies again and again.

You're right. I'm also a discord tranny,

This imposter isn't me

This imposter isn't me. I would never be so weak in my retorts.

SHUT UP

Whatever you say m8.

This imposter is most certainly me

This imposter isn't me m8. I would never be so weak in my retorts.

It's settled then, you're an idiot with no taste, your films are shit and you've never read Freud in your life.

BACK TO THE KEY TAKEAWAY OF ALL THIS

EVA IS ALIENS

BUT GOD CREATED ALIENS

THIS IS WHY THERES CROSSES

Listen m8 I've read Schopenhauer, I know what I'm talking about, I know a corny little imposter when I see one.

I also drink cum out of a big gulp using a silly straw

This thread really got bogged down in inane arguments.

That's kind of the definition of 'symbolism', but does imagery always need to have a deeper reason? The Christian visuals had a reason - to make the Angels seem more mystical to Japanese viewers - but there's no evidence or reason to think that Anno was making a comment on or even knew anything about Christianity.
tl;dr you're a fucking moron.k

Attached: jy22rll0bue31.jpg (1095x1600, 420K)

Kek make your mind up retard

>I also drink cum out of a big gulp using a silly straw
This imposter is me

>This thread really got bogged down in inane arguments.
Blame cornyposter

I'm gay and I accept that m8. I'm bleaching my asshole tomorrow and wearing a buttplug foxtail when I pick up my antidepressants at Walmart.

I AM IMPERSONATING THIS IMPOSTER

I'm just getting bored of arguing with you is all. You've probably nothing going on in your life but this argument.

kek

This imposter isn't me. I would never be so corny in my retorts.