MASH - M*A*S*H

Let's try to get a MASH thread going

Attached: 1552548543692.jpg (718x540, 137K)

>pic
if they aired this today, all the americans would make it about politics, half of them saying it's propaganda for race mixing, and the other half saying it's good propaganda for race mixing

Anyone here who saw the episode with blake's death when it aired? What was it like? And more importantly why did they do it?

I wonder why landwhales haven't declared this show problematic yet. Is it because it's not on shitflix?

>the episode with blake's death
what

>all the americans would make it about politics

it was all about politics , it was an anti-war anti-intervention series that aired during vietnam.

americans would make it about identity politics.

the episode where he's decommissioned and flies home but the plane is shot down over the pacific

Started watching this show when I had the flu last year. It's really comfy and actually very funny. Winchester is my nigga.

America has changed a lot since then. Back then leftists were against war , now they are against white men and heterosexuality.

>aired during vietnam
damn, didnt realize it started that early

But Winchester is the most boring character. Literally just a good guy

>Back then leftists were against war , now they are against white men and heterosexuality.
see, you just did it, you just did the american thing of pretending everyone who is not on your side is the same and believes what the tiny loud minority if the other side believe.

>see, you just did it, you just did the american thing of pretending everyone who is not on your side is the same and believes what the tiny loud minority if the other side believe.
do you not see the irony in this post?

Suggestions for newfriends
>watch the movie first
>then watch the series in order but skip the finale

Attached: bewbs.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

it's not irony because that is exactly what you did and that both sides in your shit tier country do the same.

Based

>skip the finale
why?
also I didn't even know there was a movie, and I'm in the middle of season 2 now for the second time watching the series (though I don't remember much of it, so it's like watching it for the first time)

Hawkeye is immature. BJ is an annoying faggot. Now what?

The April Fools Day episode is top notch.

Oh shit, I've mixed up BJ and Winchester. Sorry, yeah, Winchester is based, BJ is the boring good guy

The film is superior to the series and the finale is notoriously bad

Attached: mash-3.jpg (1330x748, 302K)

>The film is superior
then it would actually make sense to watch the series before watching the movie.

Spoiler that shit, you cunts.

It was a complete shock. A friend who wasn't that into the show called me up right after and was freaking out. As to why...I'm too lazy to look it up, but I imagine it had to do with money and egos, just like all such events when a regular character gets dropped for no apparent reason.

You forgot
>watch it without the abysmal laugh track

>irony
So it's true that Americans can't into irony. I thought it was just a meme.

>spoiler a show that's been off the air for 35 years

The absolute state of zoomers

>I'm too lazy to look it up, but I imagine it had to do with money and egos
I'm not too lazy "In 1975 Stevenson decided to leave the show. Loretta Swit said it was because he was tired of being in an ensemble and wanted to be “number one.” (This is also confirmed by MASH writer Ken Levine) The departure would take place the last episode of the third season."

The actor wanted to leave the show.

>Korean War show
>aired during Vietnam

One, the movie is better.

The first couple of seasons were good, as an ensemble show. But then it became "ALL HAWKEYE ALL THE TIME", and got too fucking preachy. That, and they started cutting the budget back and the number of people on the screen started dwindling. The stories started getting silly early on, as the doctors drafted for korea only served a year, but the actors visibly aged 11 years over the course of the show. Loretta Swit especially, she started the show in her 30's and ended in her 40's. The sheer volume of things the characters went through couldn't happen in a year, it's too much.

But it's just a TV show, so who really cares, anyway.

It would make sense to skip the TV show and watch the movie. It has some of the greats in it - Donald Sutherland, Tom Skerritt, Elliot Gould, Robert Duvall, and Sally Kellerman, who is 10000000 times hotter than Loretta Swit.

Yeah, that didn't happen. I was around then, nobody under 40 really cared about MASH at that point, the show was lame. Stop trying to attach yourself to the story for attention.

>nobody under 40 really cared about MASH at that point, the show was lame
>"The series premiered in the US on September 17, 1972, and ended on February 28, 1983, with the finale, showcased as a television film, titled "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen", becoming the most-watched and highest-rated single television episode in US television history at the time, with a record-breaking 125 million viewers"
being this wrong

>Anonymous
>attach yourself to the story for attention
uh-huh