/147/

World Snooker Championship 2022

Attached: Snooker-World-Championship-stock-2.jpg (1280x720, 64.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Sessions/Tournament/14524/betfred-world-championship-2022
jigex.com/GGH3e
newstatesman.com/culture/2022/03/steven-bartletts-self-help-guide-to-helping-himself
amazon.com/Wisdom-Insecurity-Message-Age-Anxiety/dp/0307741206
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gwan ron

WHERE'S RONNIE AAAAAAAA. IS IT THE TABLE?!

Match schedule is here:

livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Sessions/Tournament/14524/betfred-world-championship-2022

first for anime

Posting half time slags

Attached: cedwx.jpg (740x925, 85.09K)

First for Michaela

Attached: Tabb.jpg (1496x1227, 224.07K)

First for werehawk.

Attached: 1642272055835.jpg (750x664, 34.4K)

GWAN RON

Also why isn't Hendry commentating? Shaun has nothing interesting to say...

Shhh, quiet, please.

Attached: desi_bonk.jpg (866x1074, 98.56K)

Pot the reds then screw back

damn we all forget riggins is his kryptonite

Lame

someone post jigsaw

Total GWANNER holocaust needed asap

Attached: 1572956103663.jpg (1280x800, 536.84K)

This tournament ive only just discovered the joy of snooked. I have it on telly and cant stop watching. So good

>John "Boa constrictor" Higgins

I'm starting to think all of us Irish posters are very similar because I also do songs but pretty sure I chatted to you about philosophy before, but I'm not that into perennialism, at least not at the moment lol

sorry I fucked the link

correct link:

jigex.com/GGH3e
jigex.com/GGH3e
jigex.com/GGH3e

>not puzzlel

Is Yea Forums the best website on the internet?

I was surprised to see another Mick talking about Evola. Maybe it's more a matter of internet autists all being the same person.

Autism will find a way

I wish she'd bonk me

I still remember pic related happening like it was yesterday.

Attached: irish snooker.jpg (746x440, 51.66K)

Might put a chicken pie in the oven.

Anime.

This is /147/ when our boys are taken from us, so it's obviously Yea Forums related.

Attached: 1651158101787.gif (740x416, 2.94M)

No, but it's ours. This is the year where I crossed the threshold of having spent half my life on this site.
Anime!

Attached: FO6I297aUAAgQDR.jpg (700x1026, 459.64K)

I just gwand myself due to this photo

>Mark Selby (ONE) is a PlotinusChad
There are such depths to snooker lore that it’s almost unfathomable.

I only really talk about Nietzsche, Sade and Spinoza, but yeah, I remember chatting to an eirebro about such topics before.
although the most interesting "philosophical" question for me now is whether Riggins made a Faustian pact that allowed him to continue playing but by losing the ability to win major finals.

I honestly think a good portion of Yea Forums posts here too lol. I've probably argued with a bunch of the people here about fucking Amor Fati or something lol.
My favourite anyway, it's a great place that filters away posers etc and has true autistic quality to discussion, here for example.
Takes me back to much happier times Austria, I got so drunk that night :( Bless you for saving it.

Its really strange how that works sometime. You think you're alone then all of a sudden you're surrounded with people with similar ideas. I blame the media for not accurately depicting their own countries

>Nietzsche
Yeah that was definitely me then lol. Nietzsche is (was anyway before I got too busy to read) my specialty, I've probably forgotten so much by now

Attached: terrible news.png (1280x720, 833.82K)

Following on from previous thread, can any philosophy bros recommend some stuff for me? My belief systems have collapsed and I'm very deterministic in my thinking but always drawn to esoteric shit which leads me nowhere but to confusion and nihilism. I need to try and reestablish some meaning in my life or I'm just going to go full neet and ldar for life.

Momento mori

Steven Bartlett on IG.

>how does one end up on Yea Forums at 50, I'm really curious about his story

Started some years ago . Read on the Guardian ( Independent? WPost? can't remember ) that this was the funniest and more dangerous place of the net.
So started... on Yea Forums ffs of all places. Got bored, gravitated towards Yea Forums since i like European comics (or if you prefer non-american cape shit), then /pol/ where I still stay for the news since mainstream media is shite and on Yea Forums come bcs of the snooker and the people here on /147/ can take jokes.

Ask what you want, I will reply as I can.

is that a persona 3: festival edition reference?

So 2 things:
-You are here forever is not a meme but the truth.
-Deleted all my troll/jokes/snooker folder to cut the addiction 3 weeks ago..

I’d recommend leaning into pessimism and discovering its paradoxical joy (Schopenhauer, Cieran, etc.). You could move on and embrace magical esotericism if you want more meaning.

>hazel mocking the bcc schedule

OUR GIRL

I'm just a tourist who comes for bigger tournaments or occasionally if i'm watching a ranking event on eurosport but I really do enjoy /147/. I hope us tourists don't ruin the vibe too much.

>So started... on Yea Forums ffs of all places
Until the 2016 US election started bringing people directly to /pol/, just about everyone came to Yea Forums first

my advice, before any reading, would be to see philosophers as toolkits for creative endeavours (writing, painting, whatever it is you do creatively) rather than systems of thought to reject or adhere to.
it's how it works better for me. you can still produce a beautiful life, or an "aesthetics of existence", so to speak, without being paranoid about overall meaning and purpose (I've been there, that's why I mention this).

Was going to post about that. Good news I suppose.

Attached: 1607671854664.webm (300x533, 2.93M)

>nearly 5% of the population of Britain was watching Selby win.
Read Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground and Crime and Punishment are pretty good at attacking Nihilsm, after that I'd try Nietzsche, he's THE anti-nihilist writer. If you're religious then a mix of Dosto and Kierkegaard is very good. My own advice though, find your passion and chase it, I'm doing that now and even having a general outline of a plan is very nice.
For me, it's when the snooks ends.

Attached: rigged.png (301x603, 279.25K)

kek, the lore mines are almost inexhaustible

Thank you for coming up with it (hope the happy times will come soon again)

Tractatus Ronnie O'Philosophicus :^)

I would treat her so wholesome, brehs.

Attached: 1638707502330.png (740x943, 993.09K)

Lmao

For me, and my peace of mind, it's the whole of eastern/asian traditions.

Attached: 371cc3f7aeb5152efeab2b1c4e6aa1b9.jpg (936x776, 161.5K)

>”please take your hands down”
marcel will NEVER say this to you

that's really interesting.
I'm also a huge fan of non-capeshit comics, especially Franco-Belgian bande dessinnée (I was actually born in Belgium).
my introduction to snooker happened in Ireland and the first match I watched was the Doherty-Hendry final (1997).

was someone goofing in the audience?

Attached: oldhiggybear.png (305x603, 315.15K)

Learn how to read properly first. Go to Yea Forums and have a look. It's a cesspit but there's some good guides here and there.

>Thank you for coming up with it (hope the happy times will come soon again)
Nothing will be as good as those comfy Marshall arena days lol

You have wife and kids?

Someone waving their hands.

This is a good take. As someone more political than creative I am using it to supplement my world view. You cannot go too deep or you will drive yourself crazy. I have heard this happening when people go too far down the eastern philosophy rabbit hole.

>Dosto and Kierkegaard
These are great recommendations but, fuck me, if you’re already struggling then they might push you over the edge! They attempt to tackle the hard problems but there’s no easy solutions in there.

>We will show an hour of snooker on BBC1, then switch to BBC4 for one frame, then iPlayer for another hour, then we will join DJ Steak Bake on BBC3 for some diverse commentary for the remainder

was reading about this freak on /brit/

>On his website he describes himself as being “widely considered one of Europe’s most talented and accomplished young entrepreneurs and philosophical thinkers”.
newstatesman.com/culture/2022/03/steven-bartletts-self-help-guide-to-helping-himself

>Franco-Belgian
There's a lot of good authors right now . Christophe Bec, Froideval, Xavier Dorison.

Highly recommendable.

Haha true, I think Dosto is very nice reading though, especially Notes From Underground, short and sweet and hits hard. White Nights is also a nice story about finding happiness and meaning even in failure.

Pic related one of my faves

Attached: Crime and punishment.png (500x775, 352.06K)

>I would treat her so wholesome, brehs.
I wonder if she’s aware of how many wholesome laps are available to her beyond the swamp of Youtube video commenters (and /147/ lewdposters).

Steak Bake b2b with Steve Davis set when?

good jigging all round

Attached: animal.png (635x892, 963.46K)

I go through phases with reading (like most things). At the end of last year I started reading Houllebecq and some other stuff and was obsessed with Yea Forums for a while. Then the desire to read just leaves me and I don't read for months. Its a weird trait I have, I lose all interest in things for long periods of time. I read some Gurdjieff/Ouspensky recently. Ultimately, a complete waste of time I think.

No, sometimes i think i miss that. But on the other hand i think i missed a ton of stress, perhaps divorce and financial problems as I see in cousins and co-workers.
So i do well in terms of money for a poor country like us and even for European terms.

I strongly suspect that John Virgo has recently been charged with the offence of driving without due care and attention.

Attached: riggied.png (337x603, 279.86K)

Schopenhauer is my favourite writer and I thoroughly recommend The World as Will and Representation, both volumes.

my advice watch some snooker, have a wank over hazel and chill the fuck out

>Learn how to read properly first.
?

I know Froideval.
will check the others, thanks.

GWAN RONNEH

I still find it strange that there's a few of us with the same niche taste in music

Top lel
>”You’re getting fuck all!”, Raskolnikov impressed upon the landlady.

Wish we could turn back time

lel

:3 :3 :3 yes, the lap :3

Attached: 1607337562257.jpg (800x366, 41.52K)

All I know of Schopenhauer is from Yea Forums memes about him kicking some bitch down the stairs. Can pessimism be empowering? I don't want to go over the edge.

Have you ever heard of the wisdom of insecurity by Alan Watts? That was my first ever philosophy book 15 or so years ago. It came to me at a tough time . People have a lot to say about Alan Watts but that book is really good and may be what you need? Its short and not really that demanding

amazon.com/Wisdom-Insecurity-Message-Age-Anxiety/dp/0307741206

Attached: alanwatts.jpg (680x790, 81.44K)

GWAN RPMMIE

I like this trend

Attached: white_nights.jpg (800x1224, 126.91K)

kek

>sitting down for the 2 seconds it takes the ref to clean a ball

bellend

How may frames they playing tonight?

within pessimism, Cioran is also pretty based, you might want to check him out.
another madlad.

Attached: CAE6622E-73F5-4988-906A-34435964E226.png (500x775, 424.91K)

/pol/ is very fast reporting anything, if you discount trolling and shills and acts as a counter-part for the mainstream media that goes full extreme-left sjw. Both me and other guys in real life thinks this new left has forgotten the working people. It was not like this 20 years ago.

He gives you a metaphysical explanation of why life feels like constant suffering (which is very similar to the buddhist theory of the same but more obviously philosophical rather than religious) and then tells you where to find joy (without the asceticism you find in the buddhist response to the problem). Worth dipping your toes at least.

4+4

Based Ronnie making a comeback

The Autechre, drum and bass/dubstep, Boris/Sunn brO)))s are some of my fav regulars.

Attached: oblomov.jpg (800x1224, 123.07K)

You want religion, not philosophy.
Though if you specifically want to read about "establishing meaning" then J. L. Austin should prove interesting.

lel

Attached: stoner.jpg (800x1224, 113.07K)

>J. L. Austin
PEAK ‘tism-kino(‘How to do Things with Words’ is one of the finest pieces of 20th C philosophy). Although it can’t see how it would help with existential struggles.

I will enquire further, thanks. I have been drawn to Buddhism in the past, went on a meditation retreat years ago.

Best place to start? I will admit that I probably lack the intellect and patience for very dense stuff.

Here we are, all the lads.

>Thomas Bernhard - The Loser

Attached: 1650315723740.jpg (652x709, 147.48K)

Business idea: Airport scanners on the arena doors to prevent phones being brought in

Name of the cute girl with big glasses?