/nfl/ general - Vegas here we come edition

HOU: Schefter: Texans exploring trade up from No. 13
JAC: PFT: Jags can't find trade partner for No. 1 pick
NYJ: Jets LT Becton ballooned to 400 pounds last season
CLG: Jets GM Joe Douglas 'smitten' with OT Ikem Ekwonu
NYG: Giants getting calls about a trade for No. 7 pick

Attached: NFL draft.jpg (2560x1440, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61KvqlqkC9M
youtube.com/watch?v=FEXCpLOd1NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the draft is stupid and overhyped

True for rd1 but day 3 is peak comfy

What exactly is the appeal? Even ESPN knows it's worthless and just pumps it full of human interest stories for normies and women

All anyone is saying is this is a shitty draft

just like in college recruiting, where it's usually the 3 and 4 star guys turn out to be better than the 5 star guys everyone got excited about, it's the same in the NFL where it's the guys nobody is getting exciting about that are the ones that usually become the All-Pros

for example, EDGE -- last nine All-Pro teams

#1 Myles Garrett (2017)
#1 Jadeveon Clowney (2014)
#1 Mario Williams (2006)
#2 Nick Bosa (2019)
#2 Von Miller (2011)
#3 Joey Bosa (2016)
#5 Khalil Mack (2014)

#11 JJ Watt
#13 Brandon Graham
#14 Robert Quinn
#20 Tamba Hali
#21 Chandler Jones
#24 Cam Jordan
#26 Whitney Mercilus
#30 TJ Watt
#30 Muhammad Wilkerson, TEM
>2nd Round
#34 DeMarcus Lawrence, BSU
#46 Connor Barwin, CIN
#50 Calais Campbell
>3rd Round
#70 Justin Houston
#72 Olivier Vernon
#88 Danielle Hunter
#100 Everson Griffen, USC
>4th Round
#106 Maxx Crosby, EMU
#103 Trey Hendrickson, FAU
#122 Za'Darius Smith, UK
#126 Elvis Dumervil, LOU
#138 Robert Mathis, SWAC
>5th Round
#175 Greg Hardy, OM
UDFA Shaquil Barrett, CSU
UDFA Cameron Wake

and look at CB -- last nine All-Pro teams

#5 Patrick Peterson
#5 Jalen Ramsey
#7 Joe Haden
#10 Stephon Gilmore

#14 Darrelle Revis
#14 Kyle Fuller
#16 A. J. Terrell, Clemson
#18 Marcus Peters, Washington
#18 Jaire Alexander, LOU
#20 Aqib Talib, Kansas
#25 Xavier Rhodes
#27 Tre'Davious White
#27 Byron Jones
>2nd Round
#38 Xavien Howard, BAY
#51 Trevon Diggs
#62 Casey Hayward, VAN
>4th Round
#104 Alterraun Verner, UCLA
>5th Round
#143 Josh Norman, CCU
#154 Richard Sherman
UDFA Brent Grimes D-II
UDFA Chris Harris Jr., Kansas
UDFA Malcolm Butler, D-II
UDFA A. J. Bouye, UCF
UDFA J. C. Jackson, Maryland

It's completely fucking random. Who is getting excited for this besides drunks and divorced dads?

Future DPOY

Attached: devin-lloyd.jpg (1200x900, 147.67K)

Only exists so losers can say "I told you!" about random guesses about amateur players they scouted through their tv screens

>It's completely fucking random. Who is getting excited for this besides drunks and divorced dads?

Attached: you.jpg (465x470, 19.12K)

cringe

Attached: CBrzUFZAlPWDGf7DwNcrzdPm9Vntv_YoGZTNcUP1y1c6-b_X2bX1gdA_I8V5dob5_6Rw9wffNl-k6q4Bgjg9SwK5.jpg (1080x1014, 213.45K)

Based

Attached: file.png (125x117, 20.41K)

>Only exists so losers can say "I told you!" about random guesses about amateur players they scouted through their tv screens

Attached: 1627109168831.jpg (427x570, 38.33K)

Thanks for sharing
*bends you over and punts your ass back to Hot Topic*

>saving thumbnails

Can we get a preemptive moment of silence for any team retarded enough to draft a QB today

>Thinking I save anything from Yea Forums

>it says here the Texans had the #32 ranked rushing attack last season
>wow
>yeah i haven't seen a russian attack that bad since the ukraine invasion

Attached: norm mcdon.jpg (1920x1080, 184.59K)

Are the kids at their mom's this weekend?

poast physique

>Giant's aren't picking up Daniel Jones' 5th year option
kek

okay fernando rodriguez

Attached: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg (600x600, 36.9K)

Eww dad no

Your own data shows most all pros come from the first round

>every nigger raised by a single mother trying to overcome racism and escape the ghetto sob story

And sleepy joe wants to give them 33 billion every few months. Do us a favor and nuke DC will you?

Kek. I can't wait to see how many fucking sob stories we get this draft.

Don't talk about Joe Burrow like that again.

Was a bad example, I believe. Edge rusher is the only position that is purely athletic and entirely can be measured with a stopwatch and yardstick

tonight's the night we got Deebo Samuel and Aidan Hutchinson

Attached: 1633663142030.png (400x500, 211.44K)

Please leave the big boy talk to the big boys; you'll have your time when you're older

Support Ukraine or else!

Attached: FDd8mAJXsAET9Ha.png (680x680, 68.25K)

or ickey and jermaine johnson

do not push your luck my friend. I know too much of what happens on these days

>NYG are not gonna pick Daniel Jones’s 5th year option
FUMBLES THE BALL AGAIN

Fuck off Ivan, no one cares about your existence except bugmen.

Shhhh you don't have to worry about anything, the football draft is on. Look at the football draft. Big ideas are scary, just look at the draft and boo the evil commissioner

Cold cuts for whoever drafts Ekwonu. Also I hope he wears 44 in the NFL

linemen still have to wear numbers from 50 to 79

Is the draft today?

Attached: peak american genetics.jpg (1300x900, 183.22K)

everyone has been saying it's lacking in cream at the top, lacking in the super stars. With QB, there's no Alabama, Ohio State or Clemson QB to hype. But they've all been saying this draft is a great one besides that. For example, last night I was listening to one of NBC's analysts who said he had at least 80 guys with 2nd Round grades, meaning you add the 15-20 with first round grades (which is normal for any year) to the 80 with second round grades, you've got 2nd Round grades or higher on everyone in the Top 100, so the whole second round this year is going to be lower first-early second round talent and the whole 3rd Round is going to be second round talent. And this echos what everyone has been saying. Another analyst said it's going to go all the way down to the UDFA, that this will be one of the best UDFA classes ever

What happened to get this draft all swole was Covid, I mean hell now even Washington Post published an article on it today
>In a normal year, NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah studies about 350 players in the run-up to the NFL draft. But this year, he surpassed 400 — “pretty easily,” he said — in large part because of the number of players who received an extra year of college eligibility during the coronavirus pandemic.
>Like many analysts, Jeremiah believes the 2022 draft will be relatively flush with talent through the last pick of the seventh round (No. 262) and into the undrafted free agent market.

Attached: draft deep wp.jpg (1133x583, 119.31K)

i dont think if the lions took willis at 32 it would be a big deal

this night at 2 am

I know right instead we need to draft a QB who played at a mid major school and lost to garbage teams

danke

willis to the giants? sit for a year while danny dimes fucks around

>Another analyst said it's going to go all the way down to the UDFA, that this will be one of the best UDFA classes ever

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 579.39K)

Desmond Ridder is the most overhyped QB in this draft and any team trading up for him thinking he's the next Russell Wilson is kidding themselves

Laughing at every team that drafts a QB not named Matt Corral tonight

Laughing at every team that drafts anyone tonight.

This. Trade that shit away and sign proven talent. We're in the nu-NFL

>The buzz about the depth in the 2022 draft, which begins Thursday at 8 p.m., started a full year earlier. In last year’s draft, for example, the Baltimore Ravens made their last selection in the fifth round and traded away picks to stockpile for this year, which Eric DeCosta, the team’s general manager, told reporters would have a “deeper talent pool.”
>In the past few months, the full scope of that depth has started to come into focus. Chicago Bears Coach Matt Eberflus told the Cris Collinsworth podcast that he expected the team to find three starters with their three picks inside 71. Martin Mayhew, the Washington Commanders’ general manager, said he expected to find starters as far back as the fifth.
>“There’s just a lot of really good, talented players in that middle that haven’t been there in the past,” Mayhew said.
>The depth was so obvious that even Matt Groh, the new director of player personnel for the famously tight-lipped New England Patriots, admitted to reporters, “There is good depth.”
>“Look at all the picks Baltimore has in the third and fourth rounds [seven total],” one general manager told Peter King of NBC Sports. “Those picks are absolute gold. They are going to have a great draft. Five years from now, that will be the story to look back on.”

>Overall, analysts believe the lack of top-end talent is severe. Jeremiah suggested there were as many as 10 prospects from last year’s draft who would be considered for the No. 1 pick ahead of anyone this year. But analysts also see the deepest positions in this draft as edge rusher, offensive line, wide receiver, cornerback and maybe safety.

Attached: deep draft wp 2.jpg (777x1025, 292.27K)

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=61KvqlqkC9M
who /readytocommit/ for a franchise player here?

Attached: tariq.jpg (1588x1894, 1.09M)

give me all your small school captains with elite athleticism. Preferebly has had or has a season ending injury.

Attached: Ballard'd.jpg (823x661, 65.89K)

Laughing at every team tonight.

Would you not laugh at a team that trades all their picks for Deebo?

rip

>be jaguars
>be on the clock for the #1 overall pick since the end of the ‘21 regular season
>fuck it up anyway

Attached: 6DE6C173-A9D9-449B-A281-D627F99D5A89.jpg (1400x1400, 184.13K)

Weak sauce

youtube.com/watch?v=FEXCpLOd1NE

Attached: punished.png (1200x1200, 1.61M)

if they end up taking walker, fuck em

Does anyone take Mel Kiper Jr seriously anymore or are NPCs still eating his shit up?

>you're in here

>Neal and sauce for the Giants
Please

Attached: url(10).gif (392x400, 1.13M)

The funny thing is they're literally guaranteed to fuck it up because there is no one in this class worthy of the #1 overall pick. The only way they DON'T fuck it up is if they trade down.

No more fumbles, maybe you didn’t hear

Sauce is going to the Jets they have to play Diggs or Hill 4x a year and need to bring back the Island

I think they're going to pick J Johnson

Hopefully we can take Thibs then
I might start crying

they’re gonna take Ekwonu, trade away becton and neglect edge and corner

Jets oline wasn't bad last year

the beat says otherwise and they aren’t pleased with becton being fat, plus they lost Moses. Watch them take ekwonu. I’m so confident that they’ll take ekwonu instead of sauce or KT or even stingley