What makes this movie so good?

What makes this movie so good?

Attached: spiderman2.jpg (817x978, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YEVW-UpPED4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RB8y-vSipg8
youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Real emotions, conflicts, and character development and not meme quipshit where Penis Parker drone strikes his classmate because they’re both inexplicably lusting after a hipster negress who doesn’t look like she showers

Brilliant but lazy

youtube.com/watch?v=YEVW-UpPED4

The score, it had a lot of heart, and it's kind of timeless. Like Christopher Reeve Supe movies it had a mix of current and golden age vibes.

Raimi's Spider-Man movies did everything right, the city, the old architecture, the suburbs, the interiors, the citizens, the atmosphere, the setting, the campiness, it all feels so comfy and timeless despite being unmistakably early 2000s, it's quintessential Spider-Man. 2 was just the purest form of that, untainted by finding its feet or executive meddling.

This lone shot from Homecoming is the only instance of the same magic being captured in a Spidey movie since.

Attached: 1565562487989.jpg (3840x2160, 2.18M)

>Raimi's Spider-Man movies did everything right

Attached: spiderman3.jpg (672x1000, 200K)

Read the rest of the post

best super hero movie

As with any good superhero movie, it focuses on the struggles of the main character. Modern MCU movies are just a group of people bantering and focusing on some common looming enemy, but the characters themselves aren't the driver of the conflict and they don't really have any personal stakes beyond surviving.

That's why the best MCU movies are Iron Man 1, GotG 1, Winter Soldier (and the first parts of Dr. Strange). Sure Endgame was built from the ground up and all the large setpieces work, but in the end they still just have to go stop the bad guy. Also Doc Ock was a 10/10 villain.

Butterfingers

They're not. They were inherently bad but Yea Forums hypes them up like they're God's child and such.

It feels honest.

I haven't seen it so I don't know

It just feels timeless and honest and earnest. I live in the third world and i was poor as a kid but i still could still relate with spiderman. He always tries to do the right thing even though his life is shit, MJ doesnt want him, his aunt May is going to lose her house, and he is so unsure of himself that he loses his powers. But despite his shitty life spiderman still does the right thing, and fights Doc Ock who was very well cast by the way, his actor did a kino job. All 3 spiderraimi films just have a lot of heart to them. Even spiderman 3 where you could feel the corporate meddling to include venom it was still a fun film. The MCU Spidertwink feels a bit hollow in comparison. Maybe it is because of my nostalgia glasses or whatever, but I'll always love the raimi films more.

Attached: iron man jr.jpg (650x373, 130K)

That was Sony's fault, not Raimi's. Besides, even if it's worse than the previous 2, SM3 still kicks the shit out of any Spiderman movie that came out after. 3 is still a solid 8/10 overall

Based third world user, hang in there m8.

Attached: doc ock sm2.jpg (740x1252, 372K)

Nostalgia
and the fact that new spiderman movies are shit

Raimi's movies were movies first, superhero stories second, they have a nice rounded, wholesome feel to them.

The TAS movies were made just to extend the license and are soulless corporate trash, and the MCU ones feel like extended TV show episodes and have no identity to speak of.

i've never seen endgame and never will

In case you guys haven't seen the extended fight in Spider-Man 2,
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RB8y-vSipg8
It's one of the best and a shame it was cut

peak capeshit, nothing compares

Holy shit.

Deepest lore.
shit like these, especially in the pre internet time where literally two or three people would have gotten the reference and wouldn't have blogs or twitter or shit to tell it to the normiesphere so some limp wristed faggot can make a jewtube video about it, just scream soul

D E E P L O R E
Seriously though, does Iron boy have anything that can compete with Raimis vision?

the hospital scene where it turned into a horror movie was epic lol
youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Spider Verse and the PS4 game were great.

SM3 is only fun to watch because of what a huge mess it is. If you're seriously grading it has a film, the second half knocks that score down to at least 6/10

MCU movies also feel that way because they all have the same color correction. Even the colorful movies like Ragnoarok and Guardians. The Raimi films use color to set the tone whereas modern MCU movies just want their stories set in the real world which makes them not as emotionally strong for the viewer.

The screaming women really add a lot of charm. In the new movies the extras don't even look scared.

I saw it when I was a kid.

Rose tinted glasses sure help a lot.

The part where dr. octopus says "throw me the idol I throw you the whip"

It’s definitely the nostalgia glasses, the twins has a great warmth and energy to him, he’s a sweet kid and all the hatred is coming from soulless people who don’t actually seem to be as honest and benign as they imply.

No knee grows

Or the women attractive.

Attached: 853cdf79-b825-406d-9c1e-454249b07eca.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

test

Neo Spider-Man movies don't even feel like speederman at all, they're iron Man/shoe horn iron Man and twink puppet

What are you testing for, breh

The colors still looked real without weird color grading.

Doc Ock.

kino. classic raimi

True, and not just color correction, but also angles, pacing, soundtrack, general tone of the story etc. As an extreme example, the Raindrops scene felt perfectly natural in the tone Raimi set, but anything even remotely similar would feel ridiculously out of place in the MCU.

Why does MCU Spidertwink want to be a hero? He had no Uncle Ben, Aunt May is brings black guys to the apartment, MJ is a homeless negro halfcast, his bully is shorter and uglier than him, Iron Man just gives him Iron Spider suit and takes it away because he doesn't deserve it???

It's mainly the racial commentary

>ywn swing in and save a qt3.14 from a super villain
>her milkers will never flop around in your face due to wind resistance.

Attached: 1524426590199.png (381x354, 251K)

>SM3 still kicks the shit out of any Spiderman movie that came out after. 3 is still a solid 8/10 overall
based and redpilled

nicely said. Though I have noticed that in the later MCU movies (namely the Infinity Wars movies), they are utilizing their musical motifs a lot more. Five years ago no one knew what the Avengers theme was, now I'm sure kids can sing it alongside the themes from Star Wars and others

fug

nothing since it's not good

These. It was a proper Spiderman film that made you feel for Peter struggling to manage all the aspects of his life.

>good acting
>Quips and comedy moments used sparingly. And in good places
>soundtrack
>the CGI effects and choreography. Better than most movies today. The Doc Oc/Spider-Man train battle is better than anything capeshit has produced.
>very good acting
>Spider-man is Spider-Man, not Tony Stark's errand boy
>the cinematography
>the story is marvelous for a superhero movie. All acts are structured soundly and you never get bored at any parto f the movie
>the stakes are portrayed as real. Unlike Marvel movies where Iron Man will quip a thousand times in a middle of an Earth destroying battle, in this you do get the feel that every battle Spidey has is decisive for the future of his city. Or when it comes to internal battles - to himself.
>great supporting cast

The Raimi trilogy and the first two Blade movies are the only superhero movies done right. Blade less so because it's hardly a superhero movie, more like a vampire movie.

Based villain

Attached: e62dad739f04569d1332439254c9a40c--marvel-villains-marvel-characters.jpg (236x373, 25K)

>What makes this movie so good?
Dr.Octopus

Attached: 1553754691548.jpg (1500x1072, 267K)