/wot/ - Wheel of Time General

What changed need to be made from the books for the show to be good?

Attached: E3131F81-ED2D-4078-A03D-5F5C43929BB2.jpg (1920x1200, 374K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readandfindout.com/wheeloftime/messageboard/285742/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personally I would prefer they add a bunch of nudity, hardcore sex, incest, and frequent shocking main character deaths starting with Perrin and Faile.

Attached: 013A5584-A65E-4C20-A56D-2CBA693E5747.jpg (335x400, 46K)

This. But replace the incest with a different kind of degeneracy judt to be original. I recomend lesbians and cuckolding.

>tall Moiraine
dropped

I just hope the trollocs don't look too fake.

They are just men wearing animal masks anyway.

wheel of time is cringe

There's a 3% chance this is anything besides a dumpster fire
If leaks are right we'll at least get through book two apparently before it gets too cancelled, so we can at least see mat blow the horn of valere

They really need to condense a lot of shit. Book nine-12 could be three episodes

WoT is the answer to the question of "how can we make a fantasy series that's just the right combination of bland, inoffensive, and undemanding to sell in airport bookstores." I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a trilogy but the author got greedy and decided to milk it forever.

They should scrap the whole idea and adapt a fantasy novel that's actually good, of which there are plenty.

>but the author got greedy and decided to milk it forever.
au contraire mon fraire. It was the publisher.

They should focus entirely on the Aiel and make the wetlander stuff the backstory.

Attached: aviendha.jpg (1080x1080, 168K)

wrong

What do you think the budget will be for the battle where mat kills couladin
Or when darkhounds kill mat so Rand balefires them and brings him back to life

Delete the Sea Folk, they're just stupid.

Yeah. As much as I want to like them they don't do shit besides help show that literally everybody is waiting for the dragon. Might need to fluff out shara some more, it was kinda out of left field

Publisher:
>So you have a decent hit on your hands here, but I hear that you only planned for this to be a trilogy. Would you be cool totally selling out whatever artistic vision or integrity you may have, and instead pumping out sequels until you croak in exchange for a series of large checks?

Author:
>I'm totally down for that.

Yeah, I'm going with the author being greedy here.

>being new
I guess it can't be helped. Please try not to "correct" decade old memes.

I just want to see a live action dumais wells.
Remember bros, however shite this ends up, it doesn't change what's already been written : (

Pillowfriends, Maiden's kiss, Tylin, all the bare assed spanking and switching leaving welts, naked human furniture, Morgase is basically an overly ripe sex slave the entire series. If they show all that it will be edgier than GoT and Spartacus combined, but they won't because muh feminism.

The scene where one of the girls tries to drop a Sea Folk using the Power and he just executes a perfect dive was pretty kino. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Sea Folk titties, but I doubt that's happening even if they're included

Cut Perrin.

Reimagining Egewne as a Trolloc is a bold play, and I look forward to seeing how this affects the narrative.

Some turboautist detailed chapter by chapter every bad thing Egwene ever did and it really makes it seem like she was being set up as a villain.

If they cut the number of books by about 3 it would have been the perfect length. Otherwise I’m pretty satisfied with the series.

Link?

the last 3

I'd like to see this

Except that 4-6 and 11-14 were the best books.

I hope they do the costumes well (they won’t). That was a big part of why LotR and early GoT were so comfy.

I imagine the Aiel veils kind of ninja like and the Aes Sedai shawls as more colorful variations of Sheev’s hood.

Attached: AFD6FE47-EF62-45A4-82C3-DC0FFC79EE57.jpg (568x795, 49K)

Wait, don't Aes Sedai shawls just sit on their shoulders?

Rands harem is pure incels power fantasy cringe and is quite literally sexist by todays standards. That shit has got to go

You mean 3-6

>RJ bangs 2 chicks simultaneously irl, and they both know about the nature of the relationship
>he figures if he can manage that then a Savior figure should be able to +1

You're probably right but every cool pic of Moiraine I've seen has it covering her head.

Attached: Meddling Tar Valon Witch.jpg (215x215, 9K)

readandfindout.com/wheeloftime/messageboard/285742/

In addition to this people have speculated that her relationship with Rand mirrors Lanfear's with Lews Therin, and that Gawyn would become a Darkfriend because he's so buttblasted at Rand.

I hope they redo the lightcloaks. It was just grating after a while, they were always wrong in every way possible in every scene they were ever in. Literally no redeeming qualities at all, and Jordan just shat on them

they were right about the tower being chock full of darkfriends

wut

Attached: Moiraine.jpg (790x474, 81K)

that's not really a good point when they are also full of them lmao.

there was carridin. was valda a df or just an asshole? also a bunch of them got corrupted by fain not the dark one

What scene is this supposed to be? When she fought Lanfear I thought it was Lanfear using the magical bracelet but I haven’t read these in forever.

was that thing angreal, or sa'angreal?

book covers bit weird, dunno what kind of object Moiraines angreal was
"borrowing" sa'angreal would not have been allowed without massive political shitstorm, so she basically borrowed the most powerful angreal available which was close enough to some weaker sangreals, iirc

forgot about byar, but... also... was he a darkfriend, or just an asshole?

Angreal
The tuatha'an, also. Doesn't take nine books of hippies being eaten by trollocs to make a point

>OwO come here wittle boy the Dark One wishes to tawk
>Tam: RUN RAND RUN!

Attached: scawy trollock.jpg (736x1104, 167K)

More young and handsome main characters.

will they just hire local furries to play trollocs?

STOP GIVING RAFE IDEAS

every Aes Sedai has a different one with no standard design/shade with exception that its their ajah colour. no reason why some wouldn't be

>you see Rand we're not like the other Two Rivers folk
>that's why we always lived apart from them on the farm
>you think they're your friends Rand but watch your back
>an Aybara did your mother in and those Cauthon fellows are all jews
>take my sword boy, you'll need it
>you're not like them and they know it
>we're not like them

Attached: Tam.jpg (1366x753, 118K)

>where ma bitch at

Attached: perrin_aybara.jpg (800x1000, 198K)

>Perrin heads back to the Two Rivers after an arduous adventure
>Realizes you can't go home again
>Gets mad about it
>Becomes king
Perrin is underrated

whenever he isn't talking or thinking about Faile he's great

Change or get rid of the ogier. They aren't that interesting and would be impossible to film.

Maybe makee them shorter or something like 6ft+

Just make them men with long ears, that should be fine

Them being tall wasn't that important to the story anyway. Maybe they could use less make up and focus on getting them good actors.

then they're just elves and not pacified ogres

every person that runs into them thinks they are trollocks first also for the last battle you need them to be as big/bigger than trollocks otherwise the final battle gardening wont be satisfying

Changes need to be made somewhere. You can't have Loial on screen for half a season if he's 10ft tall. Just make them hairy with tufted ears.

Loial is narrator. His only scenes are POV. Hire me Amazon

the tricks they used for LotR shouldn't be that expensive, worst case scenario actor on stilts

We all know the Woke of Time is gonna be trash, the writer is a dyed in the wool SJW. It's a shame, I wanted to like the books but even the "good" ones have a glacial pace, and all the characters are invincible Mary Sues. The fact that you know they're never in any real danger ruins the suspension of disbelief

Hobbits were almost always paired up with other hobbits so they could talk with each other without camera tricks. Didn't they use child actors in some shots too? You can't do that as easy with one huge guy and stilts will look unnatural.

Have them be wild haired men with funny ears. Maybe they'll cast Asians as ogier to buck stereotypes.

But were they really important enough as anything except the Ways, which were mostly relevant as the backstory for Composite Fain, to justify including?

This is great. Not sure why.

>We wuz Manetheren 'n shieet
>Ayo where ma bitch Hopper at?

Tai'shar manetheren indeed.

The White Tower was like 20-25% black. Taim had locked down the Black Tower and was actively brainwashing people and couldn't get those kind of numbers. It seems like a miracle that they didn't stage a coup and overthrow the Tower by main force and turn Tar Valon into a Darkfriend Stronghold, but the Black Ajah is probably afflicted with the standard Aes Sedai aversion do actually doing anything.

I like how you're quoting multiple people trying to portray yourself as some sort of knowledgeable arbiter of WoT. It's cute. Keep trying!

You also need a technically skilled director to make that kind of thing look good and judging by the cast so far they don't have the budged for that.

>even the "good" ones have a glacial pace
Just skimmed Path of Daggers, my least favorite book, and found a bunch of great passages. RJ was an excellent writer, I don't care what anyone says

thought gandalf was taller than humans too, he's 5'11. i still say stilts would work fine or do what ever they're going to do with trollocks(hopefully not make them human size)

There's no way they will be able to do even 5% of the supernatural elements of the books justice. This should have been animated, it's the only chance it has of being both faithful to the books and good.

I need to see a CG draghkar for personal fetish purposes

>Perrin chasing Slayer through a thousand dreams as the world ends
Literally how

green screen, they'll probably make the dream world all hazy anyway

Budget estimate of flickerflickerflickerflicker?

Fuck it's been too long. Book two? Or is that later

teleporting to the waste? thats book 4

>all Mary Sues!
>Rand constantly fucks up, gets captured, and goes insane

>Rand gets limb removed
>Perrin has the worst gf of all time
>Mat has the second worst and also gets raped
Every time I hear Mary Sue/Gary Stu invoked against this series I just laugh

This is fucking great, thanks.

ALSO fuck Rafe and fuck this show.

>and cuckolding
You people ruin every thread.

Most of the Battle at Cairhein is off screen in the book. Only a couple of skirmishes of Mats are shown and his fight with Coulidain is just a flashback.

the difference is when a male is a Mary Sue he's typically punished and earns his successes, unlike females where the world dose just bend over backwards for them as they stumble from victory to victory for example Egwene who fails up at every opportunity increasing her power along the way

>of which there are many
Such as?

not him but
prince of nothing
book of the new sun

>muh subtext
please re-read wheel of time

Egwene spends quite a bit of time training under the Aiel who are super harsh and then winds up basically being tortured by Elaida loyalists in the White Tower. Did you even read the books?

are you going to deliver or what

>fucked from the onset thanks to woke writers fucking with story elements and dogshit diversity casting

Attached: keks in vuvuzela.jpg (500x433, 29K)

Was posted earlier already, readandfindout.com or something scroll up you light blinded milk drinker.

>want to be mad that moiraine isn't a midget
>can't bring myself to care since rosamund pike is a GOAT tier actress and the only thing that can save this show

Attached: miranda frost.jpg (620x827, 64K)

Josha Rand is relentlessly handsome. I want to kiss him relentlessly.

>3-6
2 was the best in the whole series: I have won again Lew Therin, the darkfriend redemption arc, sheathing the sword, Lanfear and Padin Fain back when they were still scary.

2 was excellent...Reallly dropped the ball on Lanfear post book 5.

She would make a perfect Siuan Sanche. Not pretty, doll like, and aristocratic enough for Moiraine.

On the other hand she can probably do a good job conveying the feeling in the first book that she might be dangerous to the Emonds Fielders if they don't serve her purpose.

Cheers mate. When I was reading the books I was really surprised that one person close to Rand wasn’t really one of the Forsaken.

Yeah that was one of the strange and kind of disappointing things about the books. The Age of Legends was full of people betraying the light and all kinds of tragedy but in the current story no major characters turn and almost nobody dies until the very end. Sapped most of the tension out of the series.

>or do what ever they're going to do with trollocks

I'm betting CGI. Doing trollocs properly

You could make it a trippy dream-sequence type thing and save some money on high-resolution visuals. The bigger issue is doing that sort of hyper-condensed narrative sequence visually; it would either take forever to show everything and lose a lot of it's impact, or end up as some kind of corny monologue.

Book 2, teleporting to Falme.

>Every time I hear Mary Sue/Gary Stu invoked against this series I just laugh
It's really worse than that, at least regarding Rand, who has claw for pretty much everything he gets except the loyalty of (most of) the Aiel.

Don't forget Rand and Aviendha conducting their bombardment from the tower. For that scene to work, they have to be able to see most of the battle from there. It's far enough that most of it could be CG, but still something, especially given that if you don't show the scope of the battle there or somewhere else, the battle loses a lot of impact.

I'm not sure 'May Sue' is the right description for Egwene. 'Insufferable Cunt' probably describes her better, though you can make a case for 'psychopath'.

That said, if you want to argue that she's a Sue, I'd start with
>Hey, want to be Amyerlin?