Is Mexico City safe...

Is Mexico City safe? Almost everyone who goes there calls it a mecca for food but I am skeptical of ever visiting Mexico in general.

Attached: IMG_20180925_162045.jpg (1000x1214, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjoZBii6tI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is Mexico City safe?
if it were safe why the fuck would they constantly come to america

Not for gringo americanos right now

Yes, all the cartel shit is on the border and even they leave the tourist spots alone.

Tourist spots are left alone because they're protected by security companies that are their own small armies.
Step off the resort and you'll be beheaded in a day

>Step off the resort and you'll be beheaded in a day
Is there really a need for this much hyperbole on a cooking board?

There is literally no reason to vacation to Mexico. If you want to desert go to Arizona or something.

If you want to go somewhere cheap go to Eastern Europe, much safer, nicer, and white.

Mexico is whiter than America

>Implying it's not dangerous to even go to Acapulco or cancun

hope you are not too attached to your head

it's a great city to go to if you want to catch a bullet in a drive by

no its not safe at all. they have tons of muggins there.

>Yea Forums - Television & Films
Best food in movies thread?

There's no Cenotes in either places

He's just trying to keep people safe.

For me, it's crab legs

If you're in San Diego, visiting Tijuana can be a fun little side trip.

It's safe if you speak spanish

Fair enough, if you really want to see a specific piece of natural beauty then fine. I get it, I really want to go to the plains and steppes on Mongolia for some reason before I die. Sometimes you get a hair up your ass to see something specific and nothing else will do.

If you just want a casual vacation, skip Mexico.

yeah, except for all the tourists that got killed by the bootleg booze they were serving at their hotel

get one of these bad boys OP if you go

Attached: Dinning 4.webm (956x480, 2.95M)

seriously everyone I've talked to that mentions going to mexico city has been or was nearly robbed usually at gun or knife point

Same. Everybody I know who has gone to Mexico, central or south America has some dodgy story.

>cooking board?
user...

I didn't get robbed but I did have a cop threaten to take me downtown until he made it very clear he was asking for $20 to fuck off.

>*muffled humanoid screams*
>*funky town starts playing*

Attached: 1550978815494.png (524x524, 627K)

How is that not robbing?

based dorilocoposter

Attached: 5YjYpra.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

you were robbed buddy.

which is more dangerous? Brazil or Mexico?

youtube.com/watch?v=kjoZBii6tI0
I just want to try good tacos and mexican food in general...why is everything so good hardest to get

Attached: sauce me bro.webm (456x574, 2.91M)

robbers are police most of the time

I went to the Yucatan last fall. Food was decent. Everyone tried to sell me drugs on the street. Probably won't go back. I can see why we need a wall now.

find a local mexican qt to take you places. it helps deter the thieves for some reason.

Attached: 184746645.webm (1920x796, 1.89M)

BR

Attached: huehuehue.jpg (1600x1071, 296K)

it's fine. it's dangerous in some ways (what describes is pretty normal) and there are some terrible areas, but you're not going to go there anyway. you're not going to get caught in a drive-by, you're not going to get beheaded, i've been here for 3 years and i've never been mugged, no one i know has ever been mugged either (not in mexico city at least, a friend did get mugged in acapulco but that place is a straight shithole).

it's not a great city though. i really dislike it and the rampant inequality is really hard to stomach. the line between social classes is incredibly exaggerated, and being white you often feel out of place in some parts of the city. but as far as safety? yeah you have to keep your wits about you, but it isn't mad max either.

The only place I would ever go in central/south America is Argentina or maybe Chile. The rest is utter shit and simply too dangerous to be worth going.

Nothing ever happened to me in that city but I didn't stay long because I was headed to some other destination in mexico. But I was told specifically not to stick my hands out the car window while there or they would rob you of watches or jewelry

where's the best place to go in mexico if you just want to enjoy the food and chillax?

Attached: c4PPV5Jh.jpg (500x381, 25K)

Peru

hahaha mexico is perfectly safe guys. Just don't walk anywhere alone at night, look poor or else you will be robbed, and expect the police to shake you down for money. Also you might be kidnapped and held ransom, but it's totally safe.

At least with the US it is very easy to stay safe, just stay away from black people and black neighborhoods. Mexico the entire country is a dangerous dump.

It's statistically safer to go to stores and restaurants in Mexico than the US.
About 9 million people are fine living there.

Paraguay and Uruguay are based

>At least with the US it is very easy to stay safe, just stay away from black people and black neighborhoods
As long as you don't go to stores, schools, churches, movie theaters, night clubs, festivals then the U.S. is perfectly safe.

not him but I had a good time in Matzalan

Mexico City is indistinguishable from Los Angeles and as safe as LA. The cartel violence happens mainly in the north.

No.

I live in El Paso, heard stories about women being kidnapped at night in Juarez so they tell teenagers not to go out at night.

Those are exaggerated claims, the only people who believe there is serious danger outside of poor black areas are foreigners and dumb Americans who are glued to their phones.

Stay around white areas and the murder rate is the same as those ultra safe nordic european countries.

>Juarez
Juarez is a different beast than Mexico City.

just get a fucking air bnb in la condesa or la roma like literally every single foodie tourist does and hang out there. the area is really nice (condesa is a little bit too commercial at this point, but they're both pleasant neighborhoods with tree-lined streets and parks and fountains) and there's enough food there to keep you occupied. you'll probably take the time one day to go to centro historico which has its charm but is always incredibly crowded and has some sketchy areas. if you have any rich friends you'll probably end up in polanco at some point too.

if you want to go to a safe but less noticeably touristy than condesa-roma you can walk around la juarez. if you want to take a long trip out go to the south side of the city at coyoacan and san angel where all the old money lives.

>Stay around white areas
They're more dangerous than blacks and hispanics at this point. One wrong joke and who knows how that person would react.

poor bait

Mexican food is poor people food. I don't mean that as an insult.

It is basic college form food with fresh ingredients. Think of high level cooking like beef wellingtons, croissants, cakes, etc.

Now compare that to tacos and burritos. Pure unaltered ingredients wrapped or bundled with other unaltered ingredients. That's it.

t.never been to the US

Television & Film

>mecca for food
That explains the explosive diarrhea

t. never seen a triggered white person
I live in Texas, doofus. Seems like you're the sheltered child here.

no

do mexicans actually eat this?

Attached: 1557517173941.jpg (1300x650, 46K)

it's safe if you don't act like a retard showing your money to everyone or go around asking for drugs, I heard you can get top notch cheap cunny in Acapulco too

desserts are reddit

where at? I want to kick your ass

so what? sushi is just rice with raw fish, and pizza is just baked dough with tomato sauce

Peru is shit and you'll get mugged easily

Burritos aren't real mexican food. If you go to Mexico City you'll actually have a hard time finding burritos.

White gun crime rate (this includes mass shootings) is 1.4, the same as Belgium

Over half of violent crimes occur in 3 specific urban centres.
If you avoid these three specific parts of three specific cities you are reducing the chance of anything happening to you to a similar rate as places like Denmark and Norway

Thank you for proving my point.

There's more than just tacos, right? Mexican seafood is pretty expensive

but i'm black?

This. Nothing wrong with it, I like the taste of chilies and carnitas and rice and beans with fresh salsas and sauces. Problem is the falvor profile of Mexican/Southwestern food is pretty one dimensional.

On the other hand, I could eat French food (objectively the best food in the world) everyday for the rest of my life and be happy. I would get tired of Mexican after 3 months.

>Television & Film

>Texas
>making excuses for beaners

Insecure spic or mixed person.

>objectively the best food in the world
you should come to asia sometimes, especially china, vietnam and thailand

They just fry the whole fish and nothing else.

>w-were totally docile I swear
Fuck no, I'm not making that mistake twice.

French food is limited. Some of the best food in the world like Chinese, Mexican and Thai have intermingled with various cultures that have a bit of everything.

Which places?

Thank you, somebody else who gets it.

What are the three places?

>doesn't know about raw seafood.

I can't wait to go to those places.

Vietnam or Thailand (leaning towards Vietnam, I've heard it is better overall) is at the top of my list for a vacation. Second only to and Eastern European tour including Hungary/Poland/Czech Republic.

>asian food better than french
asian food can be pretty good but it doesn't come close to good french cooking

Attached: 1563460979962.jpg (685x842, 69K)

Vietnamese food is one of the best

Just go to tourist areas and don't be a fucking cunt and you'll be fine.

I'd never eat raw food served to me by a Hispanic. That's literally a death wish

Mexican and French cuisine was already objectively voted the best food in the world. I fail to see what you personally gain from discrediting Mexican food for no reason.

vietnamese food is easier on the stomach in my opinion