>IndyCar @ Barber
>NASCAR Xfinity @ Dover
>MotoGP @ Jerez
>Supercars @ Wanneroo
>DTM @ Algarve
>GT World Challenge Europe @ Brands Hatch
>Formula E @ Monaco

us.motorsport.com/all/schedule/2022/upcoming/

Attached: Barber-Motorsports-Park-NTT-Indycar-Series.jpg (4618x3079, 897.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raceday.watch/
youtube.com/watch?v=LT31sHjB4Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

forgot IMSA @ Laguna Seca.

Argentinebro says check this out too:
raceday.watch/

*wins barber near you*

Attached: will2.png (612x671, 575.84K)

when I see IndyCar @ Birmingham on the Motorsport.com schedule, I'm like
>what?
>oh, they mean Barber.
just call it Barber. nobody calls Laguna Seca Salinas or Monterey, for example.

/worldwide/ bros, it’s gonna happen for Daniel Suarez soon, I can feel it.

Attached: 2CD036EE-47D0-4FCA-9F69-92EEB5DC6CC6.jpg (922x502, 15.47K)

/tendies/ bros, it’s gonna happen for Tyler Reddick soon, I can feel it.

Attached: EBDA873F-BCB7-40FC-BF74-EABA5B6CB002.png (225x225, 2.57K)

/badass/ bros, an xfinity championship is gonna happen for Noah Gragson soon, I can feel it.

Not a sport

kill yourself

Imagine if Ty wrecks him in the playoffs… the kino.

Attached: Races.png (3006x1729, 278.15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LT31sHjB4Vk

Attached: 0tpwnwv24r331.jpg (1920x1080, 296.56K)

OP here.
shit, Cup is doing Dover too? motorsport.com said only Xfinity.
fuck this, from now on I'm going by Argentinabro's suggestion:
and like I said I forgot IMSA in the OP. that one I can't blame motorsport.com on.
sorry motor/sp/ortsmen, I tried.

i hate joey logano

Yeah, I pulled the calendars from Wikipedia pages, so the events are as accurate as that is
I check the raceday.watch site once in a while to confirm and copy over times.

I just wanted to try to get an OP up that covers most series before someone put an OP that only mentions one series (like last thread did)
these threads usually last awhile and there are many races in many series going on so it's shitty to have the OP just mention one series

I agree, when I bake a new thread, I copypasta the upcoming weekend from my spreadsheet as text, but it's in Excel on my machine, so I can't really share it like a Google doc. I also have all of my financial data on another sheet, so I'm definitely not sharing it.

I do not read the OP and anyone who does is platinum gay

maybe we all need to get organized and make an official motor/sp/ort OP copypasta/schedule.

are you the "shindycar" Canadian?

Rossi Posse bros... is this his weekend? or is he just waiting for the offseason to get the fuck out of Andretti Autosport?

Attached: ar.jpg (275x183, 8.25K)

How many more years can they milk this inexplicable sponsorship now that the series is technically finished for the first time since 2006.

Attached: c9dce9f62c793df718eddc415d080c4a.jpg (2516x1666, 833.31K)

they still have the pachinko machines

It's funny seeing left hand lever guards actually show up on pro race bikes now because of all the scooter brakes instead of them just being the realm of fucking weirdos.

Attached: 2022_jsb1000_rd2_18.jpg (2000x1333, 722.47K)

inb4 halo/aeroscreen for bikes

>Super GT - DTM regulations merge, sugoi, wunderbar, hai, jawhol!
>in just a few years DTM has given in to the SRO GT3 machine and reneged their obligations to the Japanese
>Super GT defiantly holds to the regulations which were agreed upon with the Germans for GT500, though GT300 is also GT3

even though it killed the mid-engine version of the GT500 NSX, which is a crime against automobiles, I applaud the Japanese for upholding their part of the obligations. unlike the Germans.

If he's moving to McLaren he'll want to win anything he can and get as high in the standings as possible to increase his worth in contract negotiations. McLaren's a step down no matter how you cut it.

agreed that Andretti to McLaren would be a lateral move, possibly a downgrade.
but would Rossi really move to a Chevrolet team? I thought he had personal sponsorship from Honda. maybe not as much as Sato, but still.
>you now remember Michael Andretti being wishy-washy on if his team was going to continue with Honda engines, which caused Takuma Sato, Honda 4 life, to nope the fuck out to a guaranteed Honda team in Rahal.

You misunderstand. MFJ just wanted a cheap fast GTish car and ITR was willing to license it to them in the vain hope it would pay off with the additional manufacturers DTM needed for long term viability in case one of the three German ones fucked off. Similarly when they did the crossover stuff ADAC was desperately praying it would lead to them entering DTM while even though he would always like some foreign entries in GT500 Bando was okay WOW COOL FOREIGN CAR to sell some tickets. The only place where the Germans let them down was falling years and years behind on switching to the same kind of engines which was itself because of their entrant crisis.

>MFJ
Damn it brain, JAF

seriously. look up Sato's career. he's been with Honda ever since his junior formula days, through his stint in F1, and all through his IndyCar career. he will not drive those baka gaijin powered cars. even the slightest hint of Andretti Autosport maybe switching to Chevy caused him to leave. even after winning his first Indy 500 with them. and then he went and won another Indy 500 with Honda again.

so that's just a long winded way of saying that the Japs are based and uphold the obligations that they agreed to while the Germans just go whatever way the wind blows in the fickle European motorsport landscape.

whatever your little illiterate heart wants buddy

am I wrong though?
the 2 series agreed on regulations, only 1 series is doing those regulations now. I don't give a shit about Euro series/Euro manufacturer politics. they agreed and then they broke that agreement.

Their only real obligation was to allow a Japanese company to make local Dallara clones and they still do that.

redpill me on formula e

by the way, if everything is going to be GT3 cars now, please rename the class.
GT1 and GT2 are dead (once again, thanks to European arrogance)
so why call it GT3 when 1 and 2 don't exist?
just call it GT. or GT Pro for factory teams, GT Am for privateers.

GT3 is too strong a brand to throw it away and change the name.

they don't sound great because electric motors don't make cool sounds like internal combustion engines do.
but eventually they will be able to do a whole race without switching cars.
as far as the drivers, it's usually where F1 or IndyCar teams stick their drivers which aren't quite good enough/don't have enough funding in the hopes they develop skills/find more money.

so we are stuck with the legacy of failure baked into the name of the class forever. sounds about right.

>GT2

Have you at any point seen Porsche buyers giving a shit there hasn't been a 911 GT1 in 25 years.

fuggle

Attached: timthumb.php.jpg (1500x1000, 338.33K)

If were gonna cancel Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock, can we cancel Cale Yarborough or the Allisons for fighting each other at the 1979 Daytona 500?

They should split the Hypercar class in half. GT1 for road-going cars, LMP1 for purpose-built prototypes.

Attached: yarboroughallisonfight.jpg (580x326, 76.76K)

I don't hang out with Porsche buyers but I'm told they are similar to Chevrolet Corvette buyers, middle aged men with a midlife crisis.
also that car was the beginning of the end for GT1 and GT2.

Attached: porsche_911_gt1.jpg (2307x1538, 420.45K)

to be fair they kind of are already doing that, LMH vs LMDh.
we will see which is faster, with the inevitable BoP.
but as I understand it, LMH are the true "prototypes", LMDh are basically just LMP2 chassis with a different and more powerful and hybrid engine.

how much money do you want to blow on a custom chassis for Le Mans when the ACO will BoP you to hell and your competitors are running a bought chassis with their name slapped on it and will have the same speed and reliability as you?

TOOWOOMBA

you spend on hospitality and bringing schmoozers to the track if you a good bop

so motor racing is just a front for corporate schmoozing. great.
the era of "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" is over. the relevance of motor racing to road cars is over. as much as they try to shill the hybrid systems in various series, think about it.
who is the biggest automaker in the world? Toyota.
and what are their current sports cars available to the public?
>the GT86
AKA the Subaru BRZ.
>the "new" Supra
AKA the BMW G29 Z4.
if even the biggest automaker in the world is cheaping out and having to collaborate with other automakers to make sports cars at a profit, what does that say?

is the circuit in Toowoomba named after Will Power done yet?

Dallara makes the Super Formula chassis, I wasn't aware they were doing Super GT G500 too

Evafags aren't right in the head.
And i came do despise all of them.

How many thots did gragchad fuck after the xfinity race?

Attached: FF234E74-F0C6-414F-9260-468BDF3AC6BE.jpg (2048x1536, 778.42K)

Looks like a Ligier will be racing on Endurance Brasil too.

Attached: file.png (1386x892, 574.75K)

I don't think so but he has his own beer.

I still love Guintoli making a video with a 7 minute explanation of how they use the rear brake on a MotoGP bike like he's teaching you how to ride and then "yeah none of this fucking matters for anything else and I don't even use it on a superbike lmao". Mind you he's also encouraging another generation of people grenading motors on downshifts to win track days because muh engine braking so that's great.

There's the goofy Michelin tires in MotoGP that are really good on the back and not so great on the front as part of why they have to use so much rear brake now but you kind of get a sense of why MotoGP is so close now when a regular ass superbike can run very close to GP lap times and all the fucking weird shit they do dragstering them out (which also makes the rear brake more effective), meme aero, hardcore weight redistribution, ride height devices, mass dampers, carbon fork tubes, zillions of chassis revisions, etc. only make the most marginal gains. So even if you fuck up almost all of them like say, the satellite Yamahas you're still running in the same lap time brackets even if you're dead fucking last and the bike works with a completely different style of riding.

the most forgetable indycar champion

Attached: FRXt-BUXwAAPRe7.jpg (2048x1364, 207.83K)

Hes ganassi #1 driver now. Won't be forgettable when he has multiple

Gimmiky series but it's honestly pretty enjoyable, also has some good racing in its own right at times like how last year's Monaco ePrix was genuinely better then the Monaco Grand Prix. It also is getting better at a steady pace.

>but eventually they will be able to do a whole race without switching cars
user they stopped car switching years ago
>IndyCar and F1 teams stick their drivers
While it's certainly where drivers from those series go down, only Andretti and Mercedes (until the team ends this year) are in FE and also IndyCar or F1, though McLaren still seems interested so it would be odd to see them in all three open wheel series, and would make me wonder if they'd eventually start a Super Formula team if they did just to cover all the bases.

I wonder if Ford making modifications to the GT could allow them to run it under LMH rules and justify them making a "third" generation that they can actually sell at a profit given the resell market shows people are willing to spend over a million on those things used.