I liked the movie. But so many people hate it. Why? Just not as good as Alien and Aliens? Didn't live up to your hype?

I liked the movie. But so many people hate it. Why? Just not as good as Alien and Aliens? Didn't live up to your hype?

Attached: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (259x384, 14K)

It was a pretty enjoyable "theater experience" Covenant was too to an extent, though that one was much worse than prometheus

It’s a decent sci fi film with some interesting ideas that were set up to be further explored in the sequel but everyone wanted to see the Alien so they made Covenant which ruined Alien and Prometheus retroactively.

I love rocks

It's was great IMO

It doesn't tie into the first 4 Alien films well, but if you watch this and Covenant on their own back-to-back, it's pretty watchable. The ending with the Decon which looks very similar to what would eventually become a Xenomorph being born with raindrop playing in the credits is a memorable ending.

I liked it too but it was forgettable. I watched it twice and didnt really think about it after.

I watched this before ever watching Alien movies and I think it was pretty good.

The ending was the best part. I remember the audience cheering when he was born.

Attached: Deacon_prometheusmovie_still.jpg (947x510, 268K)

There's a very vocal portion of the fanbase that hates anything that isn't Aliens 2, they're why Covenant focused on getting muh xenomorphs back straight away instead of continuing the great sci-fi story that Prometheus laid out.

It's full of plot holes

The characters were all unrealistically retards

The production was really great but that's about it.

>It's full of plot holes
Name some

Aren't you tired to be a fucking contrarian, start this thread over and over, and being BTFO every time?
You resemble the 2049 hate-obsessed retard.

This

The xenomorph sculpture in the cave before the were even created

Attached: IlluminatiWatcherDotCom-Prometheus8.jpg (797x450, 36K)

really makes me think.

If you watch it keeping in mind that the robot guy is the real main character then its actually a pretty cool story imo

That's a deacon: pointed skull, no tubes on the face

People are faggots. Other than the forced blacked scene and guy pearces horrendous aging makeup, I really liked it. At least it was original in some ways and tried to expand upon the mythology. I assume fags disliked it because it didn't match their headcanon.

>expand upon the mythology
Too bad everything they added was boring, stupid or dropped afterwards.

Even if it's a deacon, how can it exist at that point if the facehugger that creates the deacon it comes out of a human?

You don't need that convoluted process, just direct exposure to the bioweapon will do it