GRRM

The fat fuck is shitting himself because the books ending is the same as the television programs ending. Everyone hated it and now he has to rewrite everything

Attached: winds-of-winter-release-date-george-rr-martin-1166059.jpg (590x350, 45K)

The ending makes perfect sense though. It's just that Dabid ran with multiple seasons of their own OC then decided to jump back to the source material's ending at the last minute.

>jon killing danny makes sense
>bran becoming king makes sense
>littlefinger getting sliced like a retard makes sense
>jamie making a 360 turn makes sense

Jaime and Littlefinger were already ruined before this season, I imagine they have totally different endings in the books.

But Bran becoming King is George's plan from the beginning. And Jon killing Dany makes perfect sense, she's fucking crazy

he is a hack who got a high budget show you can make anything look good with enough money. Look at avengers and avatar no substance or storytelling all cgi and green screen nonsense.

Oh look at me im going to kill one of my main characters every season and use it as my main driving force.

>CGI BAD

>WAAAAAHHHHHH GIVE ME MY DWAGON BOOK >:(

grow up

Dude maybe it makes sense if Jaime doesnt get hit with a satellite plot beam to the brain like he does in the show

You're dying in a McDonalds bathroom, George

You made a list of bad things in the last 2 seasons and Arya killing the Night King didn't make the cut?

Night King doesn't exist in the books

Show Littlefinger and show Jaime were so far removed from their book incarnations I can't imagine either of them ending up where the show left them. Remember the show changed the little brother prophesy back in season 5, so Jaime's 360 was likely their doing.

The show just did a piss poor job explaining what a Kwisatz Haderach is in this universe and why he's going to be an efficient and effective ruler. What we needed was a scene of the 3eyeraven.exe logging into tree.net/northremembers and using his memory of the world to ferret out solutions to problems no one else could come up with. D&D didn't know how to write this character. Hell most people still call him Bran because fans didn't catch on to the fact that Bran the boy we knew who fell out of the window technically died in that cave when he downloaded 3eyeraven.exe and had his conciseness overwritten by a several-millennia-old collective mind.

And heavily alluded to with his rebirth and the Nissa Nissa prophesy but again the show fucked this up by making Arya Azor Ahai just to subvert your expectations.

The Azor Ahai/Nissa Nissa shit ain't happening. If it was supposed to happen, did D&D would have done it instead of turning Dany into Hitler.

Good. Fuck that jew.

he is in an awkward predicament because whatever ending he writes people are going to be upset one way or another

littlefinger will still be killed by sansa in the books
>I dreamt a maid (Sansa) at a wedding (Joffrey's) with serpents (poison) in her hair.
>Later I dreamt that same maid slaying a savage giant (LF's sigil is the Titan of Braavos) in a castle made of snow (Winterfell).
Also foreshadowed by Sweetrobin pretending that his doll is a giant and destroying Sansa's snow castle. She proceeds to rip the doll in two and sticks its head on a spike.

which main characters have been offed by GRRM? I can only think of
>Eddard
>Robb
>Robert
>Joffrey
>Tywin
>arguably Khal Drogo
>arguably Lysa
He doesn't kill that many characters

>The Azor Ahai/Nissa Nissa shit ain't happening.
Jon is already confirmed coming back in the books, George spoke many times about it and how disappointing it felt watching his big moment being shown first on TV rather than in his books. Dany's death at Jon's hands is again all but confirmed when he said the endings are going to be the same. He's said multiple interviews that he knows the story in broad strokes and he told them how it ends so bits like that are pretty immutable. Smaller details however like which secondary characters die along the way and in what manner that they arrive at those points are up in the air. He likes writing to a road trip that you know you're starting from point A and you're heading for point Z but where they stay on their third night during that trip isn't something they know. In this metaphor he's referring to things like Jon killing Dany as points that he's driving to but he doesn't entirely know how he's going to get there.

Azor Ahai/Nissa Nissa is happening, no bitching or moaning is going to change that. You can also pull up his quote about writing a book and leaving clues about how the butler did it, astute readers figured out roughly where this was all going based on these clues back in the early 2000s before the show even started airing. We were pretty sure R+L=J and someone (most likely Jon and/or Dany) was AA and AA was going to have to kill their love NN. We just didn't know who AA was and who NN was and in what way it was going to play out. Now the show has confirmed for us that Jon is our AA and Dany is his NN and GRRM is probably going to take a different road but he's ending this roadtrip in the same place according to all the interviews he's given on the topic and he's not going to change the destination just because people know where it's going now.

Robb dying was a mistake

>littlefinger will still be killed by sansa in the books
Yeah almost certainly, but what I was saying is show littlefinger was like a totally different character and the circumstances of his downfall at the hands of Sansa will probably completely different because in the books Sansa has taken a completely different path from that in the show and really the whole Sansa plot we got from Season 4 onward was entirely OC.

Jon is going to kill Dany because she's turning mad just like the series, the prophecy is a red herring and there will be no Nissa Nissa because PROPHECY = BAD

If the Azor Ahai thing was supposed to happen, why didn't D&D do it? The ending George wants is Jon stabbing Dany to protect his family--like the show did. I think it sucks, but the books won't be finished, so whatever.

>disappointing it felt watching his big moment being shown first on TV rather than in his books
THEN WRITE FASTER GODDAMMIT

>impressed that jon can kill insane and stupid dragon-obsessed wise girl
>impressed that the literal wizard becomes a ruler
>impressed that the guy who is always into cunning schemes got sliced by angered people
>360 turn
That genius... It's not the result, that angers people, it's the way we get there.

Why?

>The prophecy is going to happen
>But the prophecy is also a red herring
What? I don't know here you're getting the "PROPHECY = BAD" thing he likes to keep his prophecies pretty vague to keep people guessing but he pretty much always pays them off and it's usually the most obvious answer was the right one. The books have already paid off several of the house of the undying's prophetic visions and many of patchfaces's riddles. We know Jon is coming back, reborn and he will kill his love pretty and this solidly fits the prophecy.

>>jon killing danny makes sense
It does. But in the book it won't be becuase of a trail, but jon exiling himself out of shame.
>>bran becoming king makes sense
Not at all
>>littlefinger getting sliced like a retard makes sense
He will be betrayed by Sansa, who is unde little finger's ring
>>jamie making a 360 turn makes sense
It doesn't, and it won't be part of the books.

>impressed that the literal wizard becomes a ruler
Why would a preteen tree wizard, who worships the wrong gods and has no claim to the throne, be the obvious choice for king?

>If the Azor Ahai thing was supposed to happen, why didn't D&D do it?
To subvert your expectations, go watch the behind the episode where D&D explain their reasoning, it was something along the lines of "We always knew Jon was supposed to be the hero but it didn't feel right so we made it Arya instead at the last minute because the show is about surprises".

The prophecy is AA kills Nissa Nissa so he can get Lightbringer and kill the Others. Jon is killing his Nissa Nissa because she went batshit insane, not to get a cool fire sword

That's what thay must have showen in tv-series but completely failed and that's why we hate them. Savvy?

He has no one to blame but himself. Books should've been finished a long time ago.

But if Nissa Nissa/Dany blows up KL before the Others threat is realized, it could work out.

>rewrite
That would presuppose that anything had been written in the first place, which we both know there was not.

I am asking about the books, not the show.
That's far too controversial an ending to both characters. Azor Ahai would have been a far less hated outcome than the Mad Queen Dany outcome. Predictable still, but less hated.

>Bran king
>sense

kys

Because it's obvious that all kings who was "rightful" to claim the throne, epically failed and showed how miserable and insene they are. And the boy is not a boy anymore, he most show the he is a collective megamind, that made his best defending the continent from the evul indeadand now when the undead are defeated can work for the common good.

Again things aren't going to line up 100% perfectly with how the show did it, and events might shift positions, but Jon comes back and Jon kills Dany to save the world, probably not changing. We don't have a Night King to kill that will magically end the Walker threat in the books either so how that plot resolves may be quite a deal different in the books. Will he pull out a cool fire sword and battle the Night King in the book, almost certainly not, but he might pay that off in some other way that the show didn't bother with.

>Someone in an abusive relationship going back to that relationship doesn't make sense
Are you retarded?

IMO this is what will be the same and what will be different if we ever get the book ending:

100% In the books
-Dany burns King's Landing
-Jon kills Dany
-Bran becomes king

Could go either way:
-Jaime/Brienne story
-Littlefinger dying by Sansa

Definitely not in the books:
-Cersei controlling KL at the end (she's most likely going back to Casterly Rock in the books)
-Everything that's already been changed for the show

no she's not, she was just heart-broken

Sansa becoming Queen In The North is probably fanfiction, too. If not, GRRM is an even bigger fucking idiot.

It's disgusting how entitled these pricks are
Glad they ain't getting their closure

>stark king of seven kingdoms
>lol we don't want to be part of the seven
>even though we own all of them now
FANTASTIC WRITING

Yeah it doesn't work like that, you can't force creativity on a schedule

I think gurm genuinely has no idea what to do with the Others, which is why dabid weren't even going loosely off of an outline

It's not like he has to panic, his production on books has been so slow he's got plenty of space to plot a different ending if he so desires. In fact, because he has access to the entire cast of characters from the books, unlike DnD who cut 75% of the named characters out entirely, he has a multitude of options, up to and including Dany getting knifed by someone not Jon Snow (Young Griff would be a better Targ ruler anyway) and reestablishing the Dragon on the Throne instead of that limp-dick Bran who was playing favorites before he even took the seat.

Young Griff hasn't ruled a goddamn thing, so you are talking out of your ass. He was literally invented to be killed by Daenerys.

>literal wizard becomes a ruler
Westeros hates wargs
>South hates Old Gods
>Bran has never been south and is dead as far as anyone knows
>Bran will have no Chikdren or other greenseers to do any magic with like in the old days so he can do nothing like breaking land or flooding
>is a cripple
>elective monarchies are bloodier and more corrupt than hereditary
>what's his tax policy?
>deus ex cripple
Fuck off George

Daenerys hasn't exactly been stellar at ruling anything she's tried to, and Griff has had Conington teaching him all the ins and outs of leadership, as well as unblemished-by-Viserys actual history of his lineage. If a Targ were to assume the Throne, he's who I'd pick over "I can't even put down a slave uprising without a holocaust" horsefucker Dany.

Griff hasn't ruled a thing. You have nothing to base your argument off of besides him being taught how to rule. Many kings were taught how to rule. That didn't make them good kings.

You have no frame of reference whatsoever.

I'll take inexperience over bad. You would too if you weren't a waifufag,

>literally invented to be killed by Daenerys.
This. George is working backwards. He wants Dany to go mad so he fucks everything up possible to make it happen up to and including creating a retarded character and plot so she looks bad and snaps. He also wants Stark supremacy so he makes every black and white for them and things go right on their behalf like their enemies being the worst people possible, everyone being loyal getting their hands dirty so Starks don't have to do anything bad, all of them having great teachers for their RPG like disciplines, each having friends in the other kingdoms who can be or are important there so the election at the end is in Stark favor. George is a hack

He's a reckless brat and his education is just a makeshift version of what literally any Westerosi lord would receive

How do you figure?

Faggot, you literally changed your argument from "fAegon would be a better ruler than Jon" to "fAegon would be a better ruler than Dany" mid argument. And you still have provided zero proof that fAegon would be a good ruler whatsoever.

Why are you even bothering with this? fAegon is a plot device. He was introduced 5 books in so Dany could have believable opposition in Westeros. He's not going to rule long, if he does get the throne.

All I want is a happy end for Brienne and Jaime.
Everyone else can die for all I care.

Jaime is 99.9% dead as fuck.

The only one having a happy romance ending is Sam Tarly

Daenerys is literally going cuckoo because she's shitting herself starving and hallucinating after of course George is having Quaithe mindtuck her in her dreams and Dany having dragon dreams meanwhile George tells us that prophecy is tricky but makes Dany obsessed by purposely forcefeeding them to her.

Stark enemies include Ramsay who hunts women, rapes them, skins them, has them fuck dogs. Roosecwho let's Ramsay do these things and who killed a beloved Stark protagonist and is a rapist flayer himself. Lannisters, one of whom is a narcissist, the other who broke vows and had bastard incest kids who went on to fuck the Starks up, and an ugly imp who wants to rape Sansa. Freys, enough said. Littlefinger who orchestrated the war. And minor enemies like Karstarks who have a man planning to let his kin die, rape a girl then kill her later. Boltons need to use a fake Arya and will never be beloved while the Northern conspiracy fights to free the place in the Stark name. Stoeheart will kill the freys at a wedding. Cersei is ruining things. Karstarks now loyal. Arya is friends with Gendry, Sznsa is close to Robin, Jon to Sam. Arya has Faceless men, Bran Bloodraven, Sansa littlefinger, Jon Aemon/Jeor/Ned, all have Theon. Deck is stacked

Jaimie might be redeemed. Brienne is too dumb to survive.

Bran is the protagonist. The PoV of chapter 1 of A Game of Thrones is Bran.

will the actor lose weight now that his career is- now that GoT is over?

>Bran is the protagonist.
ASOIAF has 7 main protagonists, user.

Bran is not the protagonist no matter how many times you want to lie about this. Also, becoming king in the end doesn't make him the protagonist. He's notoriously boring and the most of the plot has nothing to do with him.

Starks generally are the protagonists, bran just wins for a tweest

And he has three Starks ahead of him in that regard.

He can't possibly be as retarded in the books as in the show. He just sits there and every episode, his face gets wider and wider.

that's what I mean, it's clear from the beginning the Starks are the protagonists, and the only reason bran in particular wins is so they can say DIDN'T EXPECT THAT DID YOU

What really lessened my boner in season 8 was the teleporting. Army of the living is in Winterfell aaaaaaaaaand NOW! They're in KL.

Emperor Tyrion would have been more fitting.

>just passed the trident
>will be at King's landing in two days
LMAO

113 speaking role characters with no conclusion.

How did Arya match Walder Frey's height and voice when she masqueraded as him?

MAGIC

Isn't Tyrion, like Varys, actively trying to cause chaos in Westeros?

Someone has to.

I don't think he gives a single fuck what people think. He's already got more money than he can spent for the remaining 19 months of his life.
He sold his artistic integrity and hasn't looked back once.
It's a shame, because some of his earlier work in sci fi was absolutely titanic.

Attached: 1561912453360.jpg (494x449, 300K)

And what did she know about Freys' tax policy?

No matter how much people here REEE & RAGE, GRRM will still have his millions, and that's a good thing. Eat yourself to death, George. You've earned it.

>THE AMERICAN TOLKIEN

>implying he gives a shit
>implying he's written the book (much less re-write it)
>implying he ever will

George is busy with burgers and hookers. No time to satisfy angry incels.

This and this He doesn't care, he will never finish it, and the series will get Dune'd when he dies.

If those events were developed properly and not rushed, yes.

Yeah WTF happened to the actor's face? I know bong genes are cruel but his face ended up looking like a robot wearing a skin suit.

Tolkien finished his stories.

No way can Bran King "develop" properly and make sense in that world

No, wasting Jon's role on Kit Harrington instead of giving it to someone who could act and had charisma like Richard Madden was the mistake.

The books are casual trash to begin with so who cares? It's not like he's gonna suddenly make them good just because the show happened to suck. The tv show's end was as he intended it, the producers from the show sat down with him and he told them how he had the ending planned and the producers of the show made it happen. I still can't understand why everyone even liked the show until the final season when large parts of the books weren't even in the show. Oh well fuck it, at least actual good books out there that are too hard for casual readers won't be fucked up and turned into trash dramas geared toward twenty something women who are addicted to facebook

It’s not the ending that sucks, it’s how they got us there. GRRM has enough different plot threads going that he can take the characters through events that justify the ending we saw without feeling rushed and out of left field.

I mean, that sort of sums up most of the show really. It was like there was no golden middleway between the actors. Either they were incredible, like Lena Headey, or absolute straight off the street untrained garbage like Kit Harrington or the Sansa girl.

>Harry Lloyd was almost Jon instead of Viserys
Fuck

Bran being King sucks dick.

Yeah, from the bullshit we saw from in the show. We have no idea where his character is going in the story, not to mention that D&D blew up the populist/reform subplot literally seasons earlier, so Samwell suggesting elections out of fucking nowhere felt retarded as fuck.

>ending that sucks
1. Trips of faggotry. 2. elective monarch Bran the preteen cripple is complete and utter bullshit, please tell me how it would make sense in a way that doesn't break that world or shit George has said and criticized

>Yeah, from the bullshit we saw from in the show.
No, Bran being elected King is nonsense. Period. Stop trying to justify an ending that is poorly conceived and never coming out.

>no credible claim whatsoever to the throne since not a drop of Targaryen blood
>first action is to allow the Norf to secede for no good reason
>can't even have children
Bran being King works only if the other realms want to weaken the King as a power so he can only be a glorified, useless figurehead.

What makes you think there will *be* a king and a line of succession by the end of the books? For all we know, the monarchy will become heads of state like Britain has and the actual ruling will be done by a parliament. Remember, this is all ultimately a fantasy version of the War of the Roses.

I don't understand how a guy like him - old, fat, no children - can be greedy for more money.

What's he gonna do with it?

I can get the likes of De Niro turning absolute hack to get ever more money to pass on to his autistic mutt children (assuming their mom doesn't piss it all away) but what possible need and motivation does the likes of GRRM have?

Yup and it's been said infinite times before but almost all the genuinely capable actors were in roles that got killed off fairly early.

Even if GRRM had finished the books, and Dabid hadn't turned out to be such UTTER hacks in later seasons, it would still have seen a huge drop in quality simply due to the retarded actors left standing.

What’s wrong with it? He can see the past present and future, why wouldn’t he use it to pursue power?

>What makes you think there will *be* a king and a line of succession by the end of the books?
The ending of the show, which D&D got from GRRM. Have fun with the absolute denial that you are in.
>B-BU-BUT IT WON'T END THE SAME WAY!
kek. Of course, it won't. But Bran being King is definitely GRRM's invention.

>It’s not about the money. It’s about sending a message.

GRRM gave us a tale with a lot of promise, then handed it off to unimaginative Hollywood hacks knowing that given the opportunity, they could and absolutely would fuck it all up. He can milk that for years and then drop his actual conclusion as a motherfucking thesis statement on how Hollywood needs to learn to respect the writer.

Attached: A24E96DC-D1C7-431B-BE59-CEDDA46B1B85.jpg (1024x769, 120K)

>What’s wrong with it? He can see the past present and future, why wouldn’t he use it to pursue power?
>story about "human heart in conflict"
>solution is a surveillance state ruled by a tree wizard
BRAVO GEORGE

I can actually see that happening in the books. GRRM is a really cringe feminist with 80s conceptions of female empowerment. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Aryas journey eventually meant she kills the ASOIAF version of sauron.

What if the ending was “Bran will be leader and there will no longer be an Iron Throne?” What if braindead hacks didn’t see any way for that to happen but the laziest, most unimaginative way? What if the office of Hand of the King evolves into a role like a Prime Minister?

I’m wondering why GRRM even chose for Bran to be king? It makes more sense for him to be the next three eyed crow. There’s zero foreshadowing for Bran being king and his story has nothing to do with the iron throne.

>monarchy will become heads of state like Britain has and the actual ruling will be done by a parliament.
Yeah, I'm sure the kingsd9ms will suddenly transition to a fucking parliament. Lord knows how they all get along so well and how these wars just bring everyone together peacefully to help each other out and govern.

>War of the Roses
You mean that thing where a foreigner with dubious claim sailed over with an army conquered, married the heir and became king then lessened the power of nobles? That's Dany as Henry and Jon as Elizabeth, that's what's not gonna happen

Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

I agree he should have at least completed it before the boom of the internet age. Now that his work has been read by a wider audience there is more thorough critique of his universe

What the fuck do you think the White Walkers are for in the story? They’re a unifying threat. They’re the looming threat that renders all the petty internal bickering irrelevant. D&D fucked that up all to hell too, especially in how they let Sersei get away with being a duplicitous bitch with literally no direct consequences of it. Absurdly, they very nearly let her prove herself right, then obviously realized what they’d done by plot-armoring the fuck out of the one remaining dragon.

>The fat fuck is shitting himself because the books ending is the same as the television programs ending
How can that be the case when the books don't have an ending, never have, never will.

>plot-armoring the fuck out of the one remaining dragon.
They removed the armor from Rhaegal. His death was absurdly retarded.

Attached: 1564371521945.jpg (640x531, 77K)

>Walkers will totally unite all these kingdoms most of which have never seen nor will they see the army of the dead then they'll all decide to govern together because war means countries merge that were just fighting each other become one in a feudal system
Fuck off, there are several explicit examples of this not happening in Westeros. And lol didn't George say dark lord shit was played out? Lol just unite against this dark lord and get peace bro

Fucking saved.

>>jon killing danny makes sense
i've been waiting for this for years
but arya, not sam if they didn't want jon, killing the night king? that made sense to you?

GRRM's Tolkien-loving ass has always said that his favourite part of LOTR was the Scouring of the Shire, which is "the major threat is gone but we're still in danger". In ASOIAF they will defeat the Others but Dany will burn KL and Jon will kill her anyway. If he followed the War of the Roses, Jon and Dany would have gotten married.

Honestly, George R. R. Martin is extremely lucky he was able to see the audience reaction. If he'd just ended the book series that way, without the disaster that was the show finale, it would've severely limited his legacy. Now he has an opportunity to come up with something better.

>i've been waiting for this for years
Why? To fill the Azor Ahai prophecy or because you just don't like Dany? I don't buy into George's bitter cuck philosophy.

Attached: 1561315428953.png (549x398, 327K)

>the major threat is gone but we're still in danger
>lol so let's make that threat be even bigger than the other one, be the same kind of threat (kill everyone/convert them) and have it attack a place most of these protagonist characters have never been or cared for
Bravo George

I fucking called it a thousand times. He didn't say shit until he saw how the audience reacted. He played it safe, the fat, spineless cowardly fuck. He waited to see if people hated it, and surely he comes out of his shell to say something like "nah, dog, my ending's completely diffo", whilst if people had praised it he would've said "yeah, that's p much what I was going for, too". Fucking useless piece of shit.

Attached: 1353751922997.jpg (389x388, 22K)

because she was obviously turning into her father, and it would be more tragically romantic or whatever if jon was the one to kill her

He won't . He's been trying to write this ending since 1991 through the books becoming seven instead of 3, no timeskip, wars have changed, better books have come out, internet is popular, readers aren't stupid and populace is more woke. He's not letting go or changing now

Yes, because Jon needs two tragic romances in one fucking story, while becoming a kinslayer on top of that. What's the message with him having to kill Dany that he didn't get with Ygritte?

>tfw you read all about George’s love life
Lol, what a beta. No wonder all his works are filled with unrequited love and love triangles. Motherfucker must have been crying when writing Jorah

How can he be shitting himself, the way the show ended was the way he wanted it to end, he gave the showrunners notes to that effect? The guy is too much of a hack to change direction so close to the final curtain, he just doesn't have that speed of imagination.

Lol wot? He said as recently as just before episode one of this season that the endings will be the same. Most recently he's said they'll be the same but he has more secondary characters readers are interested in and called the fandom toxic for their reactions to the show

Catelyn

This does make sense and is actually a decent ending. Bran becoming king is retarded though. The others were all 100% Dabid originals.

>wasted 8 years on a promising supernatural/horror/fantasy series only for it to end in a complete disaster

Attached: 1520438268528.png (791x614, 713K)

Imagine thinking a man who is almost fucking 80 years old even has the capability of finishing the books

it's over, they're never coming out

You read the books, right? You realize that the Wall is more than a physical barrier, right? The dead only rising at the command of the White Walkers is something that the show introduced. For all we know, breaching the Wall will make the dead start spontaneously rising all over Westeros as part of the Long Night. In the books, there is no “Dark Lord.” You can thank the show for that cliché, too. All we know of the Others is that they’re a wholly different species, some sort of freaky Ice Elves.

Hey, at least you didn't waste 23 years on it.

I don't care what he does now, I'll always love him for normalising incest :)

I can see the god/blood raven king ending happening, but only if it's played up as ominous.

Do you want to fuck your sister or your aunt, user?

>As for the king, the new Grand Maester went on, “Aegon shows little interest in his wife, or any other girl. He does not ride or hunt or joust, but neither does he enjoy sedentary pursuits such as reading, dancing, or singing. Though his wits seem sound enough, he never initiates a conversation, and when spoken to his answers are so curt one would think the very act of talking was painful to him. He has no friends save for the bastard boy Gaemon Palehair, and seldom sleeps through the night. During the hour of the wolf he can oft be found standing by a window, gazing up at the stars, but when I presented him with Archmaester Lyman’s Kingdoms of the Sky, he showed no interest. Aegon seldom smiles and never laughs, but neither does he display any outward signs of anger or fear, save in regards to dragons, the very mention of which sends him into a rare rage. Orwyle was wont to call His Grace calm and self-possessed; I say the boy is dead inside. He walks the halls of the Red Keep like a ghost. Brothers, I must be frank. I fear for our king, and for the kingdom.”
>tfw

Attached: aegoniii.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>I'm the man who killed jamie Lannister XDXDXD
>Autistically refuses to close his eyes during his death
Can this guy be any more of a faggot?

sort of, there were some aspects that weren't finished, but he at least finished his main material before publishing all the side stories and mythology.

Mom, sister, aunt, cousin

>rising at the command of the White Walkers is something that the show introduced
Lol sure sounds like cope. And if the dead spontaneously rose everywhere in Westeros, they'd all die.all the wars they've had in recent years and years before that plus no one being prepared for undead out of nowhere means there can't even be any unity. Face it, Others are led by a dark lord and are shallow. Freaky ice elves we still know dick about 5 books in, too late to care and just like Dany they're just a threat. George isn't even sure if they have a culture

Who even cares about the Throne desu.
I just want more based Dunk and Egg

Attached: images (50).jpg (355x502, 21K)

So he was autistic? Why are the Targaryens the only Great House with these types of problem leaders while House Stark has competent people going back 8,000 years

based asperger

look faggots, we got to see Meli's nearly perfect tits (3 cup sizes bigger would have been perfect) with her perfect. tiny pink nipples and nothing can ever undo that, so be thankful that the universe was kind enough to give us something

Attached: 1565032744586.jpg (1275x1742, 1.05M)

>implying that's still Bran
>implying it isn't Bloodraven fused with the collective consciousness of the children of the forest
>implying they didn't get the last laugh over men by being their king

Same reason George had the Lannisters win early on: author fiat.

Too much family drama, he saw his uncle feed his mom to a dragon

Yeah I need to see if dunk manages to lose his virginity before he gets a white cloak

Correct. There would be armies of the dead all over the Riverlands and the North. At this point, I should probably remind you that the First Men shared a burial tradition with the Wildlings. They burn their dead. The Starks are the only exception.

Ultimately, only Dorn would enjoy any measure of real safety.

Same here.
And it's funny because I saw writers in my country with tons of kids but with artistic integrity. They would never shit on their work to leave some money for their descendants.

It’s just fun to pick on GRRM, I never read the books but listened to them on audio while working, I quit at book 3 because it was so boring. I could care less if he ever releases them because they are shit stories anyway

>read Fire and Blood
>every character is a rehash or espy of someone in ASOIAF
>even the names are similar
George is a repetitive retard

You speak truth.

North sends men out to die in winter. Gotta be thousands over all these years plus they have barrowlands so clearly they don't follow the same burning instinct as Wildlings

So the point of Daenerys is that if you have a mad father you are fated to succumb to madness no matter what? Sounds like nihilistic trash to me, exactly what a beta incel would write because "the world is shit and I don't have sex"

>muh Disney ending

Most literary masterpieces have a "Disney ending" unless they're Russian or the unhappy ending serves a major thematic purpose.

How do White Walkers work anyway? People called the wight hunt plot retarded--I won't deny that--because all the Night's Watch had to do was kill somebody, put them in the ice cells, and wait for them to turn into a wight, buy is that true? How does a dead body turn into a wight? Is it intentional on White Walkers' parts, or does it simply occur naturally?

Attached: 1563502552462.jpg (1081x537, 313K)

>So the point of Daenerys is that if you have a mad father you are fated to succumb to madness no matter what?
what?
no?
when did i say that
i'm talking about her actions and choices, and her reasoning for them

We don't know. Jon is trying to research that in the books.

in season 1 and 2 anyone that died became an ice zombie, but in season 3 and beyond they had to be raised by the night king himself because the plot demanded it

>Jon is already confirmed coming back in the books, George spoke many times about it and how disappointing it felt watching his big moment being shown first on TV rather than in his books.
You're forgetting that in the book death actually changes a person greatly. Yes, Jon will be back, everyone knew that even before the first season of the show. What matters is what he turns into after he comes back. I can almost definitely assure you that it won't be the same old Jon Snow.
>Dany's death at Jon's hands is again all but confirmed when he said the endings are going to be the same.
Even if the point is "Jon kills Dany", again - it will be probably vastly different to how it was in the show. Jon might become evil and kill her. He might kill her to stop the Others. Her going full Stalin and Jon being "a dun wan et" is highly unlikely to happen.

I don't see how, for example, the Others would just die in a single episode without doing anything. I also don't see how Cersei would be alive till the end of the books or Jaime going full cuck mode for her. Or Euron... oh please. I also do not see how Bran will become king unless he goes full Aizen "All according to keikaku" Sosuke.

With every REEE, george grows fatter and richer.

I'm just talking about the whole story. What is the point of Daenerys if she ends up like that?

Here's a quick summary for those just joining the thread:
>show ending bad
>book ending will be different
>books will never come out
>repeat

The Night King wasn't even introduced in season 3, so I don't know how that's true.

I'm reading this entire thread aloud with a whiny babby voice. It's very satisfying.

>I can almost definitely assure you that it won't be the same old Jon Snow
Not that user and only responding to this but Jon will totally be the same. George has given him a loophole in the form of warging into Ghost, plus ice cells to preserve his body unlike Cat. And while burning someone with King's blood hasn't been used before to bring someone back, if it happens that's even more power to bring Jon back practically the same. At worst a little more like ghost who's not wild anyway and with the connection to the Old Gods and Bran he will probably be fine

>ice cells

The book will end the same as the show, the only difference will be that you're fully aware that the true villain, Bloodraven, won and stole the throne, and that Euron Greyjoy is his herald.

Not one for drama, are you.

Cat is not the only one who gets fucked up. Beric, as well. He says that every time he dies he feels less human. The whole "death changes a man" shtick is evident throughout all the books and lore. There's no way Jon is the same as he was in the show. Ffs, book Jon is not even the same as show Jon even before getting stabbed.

Because in spite of an occasional appeal to moral ambiguity, A Song of Ice and Fire is very much a story of good guys vs bad guys.

>A Song of Ice and Fire is very much a story of good guys vs bad guys.
who are the good and bad guys?

Book Jon definitely wouldn't give a shit about incest (that's not even incest, by Westerosi standards) like show Jon did. D&D turned him into a cuck.

I really hate how GRRM is dealing with ASOIAF because it's the greedy way. It's not the lazy route with him saying he's tired and too old, or the coward way of just hiding and never discussing the books again. He could just lie and say he's suffering with a writer's block or dementia, but he decided to live of his fame and make money attaching his name to dozens of "projects". He's producing 5 or 6 shows, editing 3 series of books and comics, talking about football and cinema in his shit blog, giving interviews every month, he's the lead consultant of a game...he's doing all this instead of just work in The Winds of Winter.
I used to be angry, then I was sad, now I'm just disgusted by him and the books. If the author doesn't care enough about his work, I won't care either and I won't read or watch anything from him.

>dies
>is brought back from the dead with blood magic
>HI EVERYBODY! I'M PERFECTLY FINE. LETS GO SAVE THE WORLD!
thanks, D&D

Beric got brought back several times and his mind/soul were gone plus one of those deaths involved head injury too. Jon's mind will be in Ghost preserved and easier to pull back and only needs to be brought back once

>good guys
Starks
>bad guys
Stark enemies

Starks = good
Anyone who doesn't support Starks = bad
By the end they'll all bend the knee or George will destroy them

I don't know about you guys but my expectations sure were subverted! lol

>Everyone hated it
Cope, seethe, dial 8 and kys yourself

>Clash of Kings
>Two Arya chapters before the Red Wedding
>Last line of the chapter
>"I'm taking you to your bloody brother Arya"
>One Arya chapter before the Red Wedding
>Last line of the chapter
>"We're almost at the bloody wedding"
(Yes those are paraphrased, the essence of it was that the two chapters before they got to the wedding both ended with foreshadowing it by using "bloody")

This is literally your own headcanon though. There is really no confirmation at all that he warged into Ghost. That's just speculation. Jon will also be dead for a lot longer than Beric who usually gets revived in seconds.

Fat fuck hack always looks like he is about to play with his toy train set

>This is literally your own headcanon
Could've said the same about R+L=J once. George created this loophole and even made it obvious by making Jon a powerful warg, saying Ghost, a second life fit for a king, that vision of a man then a wolf then a man again, etc. Face it, Jon will be just fine, George is a hypocrite when it comes to the starks aka his Sue and Stu protagonists, that's all

Starks are not really good, per se. They're just honourable. Eddard decapitated an innocent man who had valuable information about the White Walkers because "muh honor". He plunged the realm into war by his actions which I wouldn't say was all that good. Robb betrayed the Frey's for his own personal gains. And Jon planned on campaigning against the Boltons by breaking all of his vows and using the Wildings and the Night's Watch to attack a kingdom.

In comparison, Tywin is a lot more brutal to his enemies, but good to his allies and not really a bad guy. He is more like the "end justifies the means". Tyrion and Jaime are more of a good guys in the end than even Jon is.

Based tismo dragonslayer

Jon warging into Ghost is simply headcanon which no basis. These are Robb's last words:

>""Yes. Robb, get up. Get up and walk out, please, please. Save yourself... if not for me, for Jeyne."

>"Jeyne?" Robb grabbed the edge of the table and forced himself to stand. "Mother," he said, "Grey Wind..."

>"Go to him. Now. Robb, walk out of here."

>Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger’s hilt and wrenched it free. In the cold night air the wound was smoking. "Ghost," he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold...

Is Robb also not dead and warged into Grey Wind? No. The dogs are part of them, a very valuable part and that's why both Jon and Robb think about them in their last moments. But as far as warging into Ghost, there is no evidence of that whatsoever.

>Starks are not really good, per se.
Relative to everybody else in the setting, yes they are good.

Eddard beheaded a Night's Watch deserter. Said deserter was not innocent of deserting the Night's Watch.

Grey Wind is fucking dead and a popular theory is that Robb died twice, so I don't know what that is supposed to prove.

>not really good, per se.
Yes they are. Ruled for 8,000 years and only people easily identified as bad guys hate them or want to bring them down.. they alsohave all the good traits you'd need in a family, love each other to the point Georgehas to create Sansa to have some drama, each specializes in a different subject or matter. They're made to be sympathetic to the reader and have more POVs than any other family and make up 3, now 4 of the main characters we're watching for a generational saga according to George, as in it was Arya, Jon, Bran, Tyrion and Dany now it includes sansa

>Good Guys:
Samwell Tarly, Brandon, Ned, Sansa, and Robb Stark, Jojen and Meera Reed, Gerion and Genna Lannister
>Bad Guys:
Ramsay Snow, Bloodraven, Euron Greyjoy

Everyone else is morally ambiguous.

>feudal lordfamily that rules over peasants who live in shit, are good

Attached: 1445692816133s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

He's laid the tracks and foreshadowing. Why do you think the second life fit for a king is a thing. And once his successor let's someone use his notes to write TWOW, you'll have people creaming their pants at how Jon being in ghost then getting back to his own body means Robb was in Grey Wind but died and how that was foreshadowing for Jon and great writing. It's obvious

Relative to everybody else, yes. You sound like season 8 Varys.

Samwell stole his father's heirloom and betrayed the trust of the Citadel.

>book ends with characters dropped from the show winning

I don't think there's a better timeline than the one where the cool whine aunt Genna Lannister and her bumbling Frey husband take the Iron Throne.

Attached: Genna2_Lady_Rae.jpg (993x1239, 252K)

Daenerys was the last great chance to fix that. They called her Aegon I with tits but she was really Aegon V with tits and dragons

>Compared to Stalin, yes, Hitler is good.

>Relative to everybody else in the setting, yes they are good.
Martells, Tyrells, Tullys. These are the houses that, as a whole, are equally as good or even better than than the Starks.
But the Stark history is actually extremely bloody. They've only mellowed out recently. It's said that the old Stark men were cold blooded assholes ruling with an iron fist. The POV's don't really matter.

Is Arya a good person? She's a straight up psychopath. Is Sansa a good person? She basically sold out her family to be with her Prince Charming. Jon is also not a good person, at least in the books. He does a lot of questionable things and by the end he goes full Julius Caesar on everyone. Bran will probably change a lot in the upcoming books and Rickon is irrelevant. If he goes older, I'd imagine he'd be more like Joffrey than Robb. You only think they are good because, as you said, they have a lot more POV chapters and you see the world through their eyes. But are they really better than Tyrion, Jaime, Cersei and Tywin? Tywin and Cersei are major assholes, it's true, but Tywin is not a bad guy. He just does whatever is required to preserve his family and the realm.

Remember. It was during Tywin's reign that the Seven Kingdoms were at peace and the most profitable for peasants. I would pick Tywin over Eddard for King any day.

Pretty sure there was evidence of Jon having wolf dreams in the books. It is implied that all of the Starks have warging powers with their dire wolves.

Not in the books, but it doesn't matter because he did it for a morally good reason as Valyrian steel is needed for fighting the Others.

Yfw you'll never get to suck on Genna Lannister's thick milky breasts while she berates you for being a weak male Frey

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 68K)

It doesn't matter. Everybody is compared to the setting they are in. That's medieval fantasy for you.

>he goes full Julius Caesar on everyone.
elab

bran becoming king is part of an overall larger scheme by the children of the forest

A heartless computer is the best ruler.
wft, george?!

>"We're gonna cross the Rubicon, bros, and nail the Northern traitors heads on the walls of Winterfell. I urge you all to come, but I won't deprive you of the choice to refuse (heh)".
>gets stabbed

Which directly contradicts George's "human heart in conflict" bullshit. What are The Children's tax policy?

>Martells, Tyrells, Tullys. These are the houses that, as a whole, are equally as good or even better than than the Starks.
And have far less focus combined than the Starks. Arya is also not a psycopath in the books.

>Arya is also not a psycopath in the books.
>"Yes I do inhabit my characters. Some of the time, I'm a dwarf. Some of the time I'm an incredibly hot chick riding a dragon. Some of the time I'm a psychopathic 10 year old girl, killing people and slitting their throats."

>Sansa
You wanna know what she did? She poisoned a little boy, you know, just, as a move

Attached: tumblr_msh7uwgWfM1qcxd4qo1_1280.png (720x404, 191K)

Yeah, but the showrunners didn't indicate that at all. In the books it's kind of implied by the visual imagery of the Three-eyed Raven's throne that he's a prisoner/slave of the children, and Bran is his successor as the childrens' mind-slave. But in the show we got a hokey dialogue about Bran being the memory of humanity or some shit. I actually think Season 6 has been unfairly criticized (Arya killing the Night King was fine, Dany going yandere was fine, Jon killing her was fine) but Bran becoming king wasn't explained well.

Olenna poisoned Geoffrey, who is a youth.

>but Bran becoming king wasn't explained well.
Actually, it would have been kino if they went fully with it and Bran said something like "all according to plan" at the end.

you're mixing seasons

>Olenna
>good guy

In the show. We're not talking about the show.

At least Bran's development was gradual if horribly undramatic

>Arya killing the Night King was fine
No, it wasn't.
>Dany going yandere was fine
No, it wasn't. Marriage suddenly doesn't exist in Westeros and Jon forgets that Starks practiced incest? Kek.
>Jon killing her was fine
Tainted for reasons stated above.

he's a hack but he's not that bad

at least dani got sexy as hitlerfu

>actually extremely bloody
But never portrayed as bad. Hard men for a hard time. Whereas House now fighting to conquer or other families conquering in the past are bad or were fucked up and can't rule unlike muh 8,000 years. Can you even name an incompetent Stark king? Can't even count Robb because predicting the red wedding and breaking guest right is impossible as a character in that world since doing that is unthinkable. Starks have no equivalent to Aerys, to Aegon IV, to Maegor, to Baelor, where's the crazy Stark sacrificing anyone and everyone to a weirwood? Starks even have a bigger hall and castle than the Red Keep but only the Red Keep is attacked for opulence and a monument to conquering.

Arya does fucked up things, but sympathetically since she's a child who's lost so much and wants family back but you know she's safe and will find them again. Sansa is poisoning her cousin but oh she's lost so much but is compassionate and smart. Jon kills people who won't follow him but oh he has to to save everyone against the dead.

Tywin's legacy is shit because he inspires no loyalty and love after and his children are failures, the Starks kids are RPG characters and we're following them in how they become successes and North still loves them and wants to fight for them unless the House is into flaying and bestiality

>I'm an incredibly hot chick riding a dragon
She's 14 fucking years old. george is a pedophile, why do people love this guy?

hes mentioned like hes going to come up later though for sure. if he dosent come up then maybe martin's not a hack

in middleages sex at 14 is normal

No it wasn't and this is George describing Dany in her own words, not the words of a book character. He's a pedo

It happened, but it wasn't the norm.

>Can you even name an incompetent Stark king?
All of them. The North is one of the weakest kingdoms and incredibly isolated. Actually, the only good king these guys must have had was Rickard Stark who actually did try to establish alliances and increase the North's power and influence, even though he fucked up at the end.

middle ages. first period=sexytime

fukkin screen shotted my dude, well done

Attached: Capture.png (1230x105, 13K)

The whole "Dany becomes the mad queen and needs to be killed" would have been fine
IF and only IF we had gotten a season dedicated to her slow but steady descend into madness

That wasn't the point he made.

>he fucked up at the end.
elab

>Wants pedo creep jorah to get a happy ending as 1000th lord commander hanging out with Jon after he kills Dany and her unborn child
>Wants Tyrion to get a happy ending as hand after he manipulates her into being violent and Jon kills her for it to "fix his mistakes"
FUCKING DIE

Attached: 75c2ba97-4c9f-4abf-818e-4ed068c51686-screen-shot-2017-06-21-at-123107-pm-1.png (970x546, 482K)

>absolutely titanic
how fitting

why was season 7&8 rushed so?

No

Attached: D52vk9mXsAAI1_N.jpg (799x749, 47K)

No, it literally wasn't. They didn't even used to get married until late teens. They weren't retards you know, they know a period doesn't mean birth is easy and won't kill you in fact they knew it meant being that young and pregnant was more likely to kill you

Well, basically he created a series of alliances that put the North as the foremost power. He was Ned's dad. But when Lyanna got kidnapped, he went to King's Landing for explanation, underestimated Aerys' madness and paid the ultimate price for it. That's why the North had a good position relatively wise at the start of AGOT - due to his actions. The North was otherwise a weak kingdom pretty much overshadowed by the Lannisters, Tyrells, Martells and the Vale. Stronger than the Iron Islands, but relatively on the same level as the Tully's.

>weakest kingdoms and incredibly isolated.
Yet more stable while being larger, and Starks are more loved and followed for still to be clarified reasons. What was Ned's tax policy for example?

I wouldnt say it was a waste but i get the sentiment, we all love ned stark and live with his ghost, robb was his shadow and died as ned would have, we all pay for the sins of those that come before us. being to righteous is the most sinful of all.

He should write it exactly like the show and watch his faggot fandom who's caused him nothing but aggravation a shit ton of butthurt

the north is bigger than the other kingdoms combo

Would George put "Come at me bro, v2" on the books?

Attached: 1558830113652.jpg (1242x1595, 324K)

deep

>Yet more stable while being larger, and Starks are more loved and followed for still to be clarified reasons
Bruh, how are they more stable when the Stark children are on the run and the Boltons are in charge? What makes the Starks special, in a way, is that they've amassed a great deal of loyalty throughout their years as rulers and that will save them in the end. Unlike the Lannisters with their greed and short term gains that will ultimately cause the collapse of the dynasty. But that's not good rulership. Yes, they hold the loyalty of their vassals and as a dynasty they will survive and the Lannisters will crumble, but for the average peasant? It's better to live in the Westerlands than in the North, Lannisters or no Lannisters.

But it's a frozen tundra with no economy and few men. It's like saying you prefer to live in Russia than Denmark because Russia is millions times bigger.

LMFAO
MFAO
FAO
AO
O

What am I looking at?

Tywin isn't greedy. his actions and movements are timely and decisive.

>15 million per episode
Game of Thrones -Season 7 Episode 6 Beyond The Wall script

Attached: image0.png (862x341, 30K)

>But that's not good rulership
It is when that's the land you're given. Sure it might also be better to live in the Reach where the weather is better and food is plentiful but the North is a frozen wasteland and they've ruled it successfully for thousands of years and Boltons are too evil to hold onto power because George favors the Starks so much. imagine the dilemma if Ramsay wasn't fucked up and had it in him to be a good Warden. Where in that five year timeskip he managed to greatly aid the North, revolutionized some shit including trade with Essos and the South and that's who the Starks needed to take down, but no sirree, Dany has to face that and go crazy while Starks get clear antagonist bad guys

white pages light up the screen too much. do you have an inverted version?

what does the north have to trade with essos?

And out of all of those characters, only Eddard is a POV character.

Catelyn is resurrected in the books.

Season 7 was not 15 million an episode. Also, that's from Battle of The Bastards, is it not?

I blame twitter for turning everyone into a fucking fag and making them unprofessional

Attached: 1444437391539.gif (250x200, 1.51M)

King Bran actually makes perfect sense... In the books... There has been a fan theory knocking around for years that states as much.

>PROPHECY = BAD
I got prophecy bad from the books, but as the sentiments of the completely fallible characters, the whole theme of the books is "the little folk care not if the lords play their game of thrones, just as the lords care not as the gods play their game of thrones." you zoom in enough and a grain of sand looks like a pebble which looks like a stone, which looks like a boulder which looks like a mountain. of course the characters think prophecy bad, but you as the reader shouldn't. don't miss the forest for the trees.

>King Bran actually makes perfect sense
No, it does not, for reasons already stated in this thread.
The scripts are truly a masterpiece in storytelling.

Attached: Screenshot_20190802-164219_Drive.jpg (1080x2220, 927K)

summarize said theory

i'm im a dark room and these pages are too bright. post negatives pls

Trees. Bravos needs wood

Turn down your brightness, you tard.

I'm glad the books are never coming out. He can't hurt her anymore or use her for his pedo fapfic

Attached: 1565579033129.jpg (932x1242, 133K)

Jon killing Dany can make sense. Just not the way the show did it

Attached: El....jpg (1137x640, 50K)

Will Stannis lose the Winterfell battle in the books?

> Here's an army amassed over a thousand years, lead by undead snowbros and a dude who can cast mass raise dead in the middle of battle, also a dragon
> Army is defeated at the first city
And this is 7 seasons of the unifying threat. Then again this also comes down to D&D-s dumb "We always wanted 73 episodes" idea. How do you even come up with a random number like 73?

He won't get his revenge fantasy and fans can come up with their own ending. Everything is right in the world.

Attached: 1565176779466.jpg (300x600, 56K)

WOW will com out but not ADOS

If I remember correctly, it was something about the Arthurian Legend of the Fisher King, a cripped or maimed king whose health is reflected in the realm he rules. Bran gets crippled and Westesros turns to shit, as he "heals" and becomes the Three Eyed Raven, the realm is "fixed" with him as King.

Google "Bran Fisher King" if you want to read more.

B-but she loves him

Attached: 1564344497230.webm (1080x1920, 3M)

Very well. You are dismissed.

For god's sake we're in 20-fucking-19, why the hell are people still writing scripts like novels with prose and flowery phrasing and shit? This is fucking basic film school shit, you're told when you start out to not fucking do this

Attached: 1566189761032.jpg (257x241, 10K)

no it doesn't
he's a crippled northerner who follows the old gods and has a power the majority of northerners wouldn't believe in let alone southerners. His family has no claims to the throne and he most likely is incapable of having heirs

>Bran makes sense cause there's a fan theory
There's a fan theory for fucking everything

See

No.

That does not address the multiple grievances already stated in this thread.

This is closer to R+L=J than Varys is a Mermaid.

Because retarded script writers believe they are going to be the next Tolkien. Just look at GRRM.

people seem to not understand that Eddard was mostly raised by Jon Arryn and his sense of honor comes from him, it's neither a Stark nor a northern trait
the Northerners are rough around the edges

I'm not saying the show did it right or whatever. I'm saying it might be the same ending in the books but actually explained properly.

He could warg into the dragons and impose his will on everyone. And he can also get dirt on anyone in the country and blackmail them to support him.

no it isn't, it's based on external context
in-world Bran becoming King makes absolutely no sense. Why would the whole of the continent accept a Northern king? he has absolutely zero claim to anything outside of the North and maybe the Riverlands

but Tolkien doesn't have good prose

Again, that does not explain the multiple grievances already stated in this thread. Said grievances do not solely apply to the show.

this but unironically

There's [spoilers]theoretically[/spoilers] two books to make it make sense dude.

>He could warg into the dragons
[Citation Needed]
>and impose his will on everyone.
"The human heart in conflict."

There's been fan theories for years upon fucking years that Qhorin Halfhand was/is Arthur Dayne and his ranging party was some sort of conspiracy. There's fan theories that Mance is Rhaegar. It doesn't mean shit, clearly. The show absolutely butchered any semblence of intrigue or mystery that the books held.

That theory is based on a magical legend of a head buried in the ground. There's no actual buildup for Bran being king in the books and it being believable is impossible

that is unironically not an argument

That would make sense if things were hunky dory before he got pushed, except they weren't and George wrote a whole backstory about that

How will his story end then?

>What we needed was a scene of the 3eyeraven.exe logging into tree.net/northremembers

congrats user you're the first poster on this site that's made me feel physical disgust

>GRRM is an even bigger fucking idiot.
He is

Attached: 1557082307395.jpg (734x766, 149K)

>also get dirt on anyone in the country and blackmail them to support him.
2hich he can't use with no army or money. Lol random peasant number 867 I know you raped peasant 904328 so stop this uprising or I tell someone to write it down and send a raven to everyone

So far that she has two conflicting personalities, mother of dragons (represting her violent nature) and "meesa", mother of slaves (representing her peaceful, merciful side)
In Meereen she tries to repress her mother of dragons side, locking her dragons up, but she ultimately fails, shown by drogon attacking the arena when she's at her breaking point, stressed out after having to make compromise after compromise to appease people and keep the peace

Except it is, in a sense of the latter two books may lead into events that are already hinted at and foreshadowed in ways most have not caught onto yet.

The Fisher King theory states Bran ends up as an omnipotent God-King of Westeros in an oblique reference to obscure Arthurian mythology, hinted at in various ways within the books.

The show has Bran become the omnipotent God-King of Westeros due to bad/rushed/poorly thought out writing.

The theory predates the show's ending by about four years, maybe longer.

Don't be mad if it turns out to be true.

you seem so invested in this theory that you're pointing to the possibility of evidence for it in books that haven't been published yet

Oh yeah, and Dany going mad and burning down King's Landing has also been speculated for years as well.

Still does not explain how a preteen, warg, tree wizard would be elected King, despite having zero claim to the throne, or why an elective monarchy is a good thing.

I'm speculating its possibility of being true. If it turns out to be false I don't care.

If George dies before he finishes them though, this is the best we've got.

The difference is that Dumb and Dumber decided to rush through everything. This fat ass would at least have it make sense and wouldn’t kill off Stannis.

Yeah I lost all faith with George when I read that shitty essay and then he confirmed it was all true. She's bipolar cause she fucks daario, she's mad now after shitting herself in a field for a couple weeks, and she wasn't conciliatory enough with slavers who've been at it for thousands of years. Meanwhile there isn't a single slave character she has to deal with even though they're 90% of the population, so it's basically a pro slavery book

Well the show attempted to explain the latter by the fact that "Daenerys wanted to "break the wheel" and she was right (given her side technically won) so lets elect kings instead of them chosen by birthright."

You DO realise a 360 turn would just end up him facing the same way... right?

Plus the hypocritical writing using it as a metaphor for Iraq or something, meanwhile he's fine writing smut with a 14 year old girl and it's fine cause muh medieval morality

>She's bipolar cause she fucks daario
mad incel

>implying he's writing anything

>The dwarf shally pay his debts to my sons not with gold, but with blood
>My king, the wildfire warheads are primed and ready, do we have your permission to launch?

Attached: 62984526234.jpg (2000x1334, 398K)

Yeah, George definetly is

I wouldn't mind if they ended the same. The book can add so much more detail and shit as to how it all happens. the show was just shit because most of what needed to be shown didn't happen except for the conclusion

New thread where? I ran out of GRRM images.

I dont read scripts, but why are they using flowery prose? Shouldn't it be a matter of fact checklist of what needs to happen and how?

no, the point is to set the scene, that's where the phrase comes from

>human heart at conflict with itself
>lol black and white choices bro who do you want to be, sweetest person they've ever met or twisted fucking psychopath
George is a hack

NEW

Having the entire enemy force wiped out or rendered non-threatening the moment their king/leader dies is retarded and lazy for for any story more serious than a 1930s musical