"But Orgrim is much more based, in many many ways."

>"But Orgrim is much more based, in many many ways."

youtube.com/watch?v=emZUeNhQnvg#t=35s

Are actors starting to pick up on our slang?

Attached: Warcraft-Orgrim-2.jpg (819x1024, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4iUNn0yEc&ab_channel=BearAlMighty
youtube.com/watch?v=GKDK-L8Q6SU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of the biggest mistakes this godawful movie made was making Durotan the orc protagonist instead of Orgrim, who is actually the protagonist in the Warcraft 1 game. Durotan should have been nothing but a plot device to get killed off early on to give Orgrim motivation to go against Blackhand and Gul'dan.

The thing is the movie didn't even cover the entire Warcraft 1 game. I respect them for trying to take it slow instead of trying to cram in even more material and making the movie even worse, but they were far too ambitious to think they'd be able to fund multiple 160 million dollar films for a single game. Even if this had performed well enough to justify a sequel, can you imagine how many years it would take them to get to fan favorite characters like Illidan? Attempting to adapt Warcraft into a live action movie franchise was doomed from the start. It should be a TV series, even though that will mean a lower budget.

"Much more bass" as in fundamental, to the roots.

Besides, "based" isn't our slang, it comes from the hiphop community. Stands for "Bitches And Sex Every Day".

So he's trying to say Orgrim is fish-like?

No, he's saying that he's a chilli and sea bass kinda guy

Durotan was retroactively a much larger part. The biggest mistake was making the orcs have "good guys"

>"based"
>our slang
Yes, I'm positive that actors visit Reddit.

Yikes

>The biggest mistake was making the orcs have "good guys"
The biggest mistake was being faithful to the game and not making it a black and white conflict like every generic fantasy movie out there?

>The Doomhamer has the Frostwolf insignia on it before Thrall was even born

big yikes

>our

I found a post in the archives earlier, maybe you could explain to me what this means.
>lmao excuse me, blizzard... orgrim wouldn't wear gloves you fucking retards. he uses his hand grip to burn into the throat handle of his weapon. fucking retards are ruining this once beautiful lore. as soon as draenei went to horde, i tore my posters off my wall. fucking idiots.

>implying they would ever pass on jerking off the father of Metzen's self insert

>They're gonna make a warcraft movie
>well that could be a lot things, they need to focus down on one story and not get too distracted with so many details
>it's about orcs vs humans
>perfect, that conflict was just between humans and orcs, in one of the human kingdoms, pretty straight forward with the orcs coming through the portal, but with the interesting element of medivh into the mix
>they're adding flying dalaran before it flies to not confuse the WoW audience, way bigger focus on the frostwolves, new father son relationship of lothar, handguns in the first war which didn't appear until the 3rd war, they also made orcs ogre sized so you can't take any interaction between orcs and human seriously in wc1 the orcs got btfo by human knights when they first met but in the movie they pick horses up and throws them

I just found out that Metzen is Thrall's voice actor earlier and I have to say he does a really good job considering he's not a professional voice actor.

The Draenei don't join the horde in any canon but I think AU Draenor ones do start genociding Orcs in current WoW which might be what he's talking about. No idea what the first part is about

That's why it's kind of ironic that the common criticism of the movie is "It doesn't make any sense to outsiders." Yeah, I wouldn't say it makes much sense to WC fans, either. Someone who has never played a Warcraft game is actually MORE likely to understand what is going on in this movie.

you mean lil B's slang.

CLASSIC... HOME

In the earlier games they didn't really have the funds to hire voice actors, so they just took the best they had within the company.

Battlecruiser from starcraft was metzen:
youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4iUNn0yEc&ab_channel=BearAlMighty
King Leoric from diablo 1 was also metzen at like 3:24:
youtube.com/watch?v=GKDK-L8Q6SU

For Starcraft 2 I remember them having a panel with their new voice actress for Kerrigan who was from some successful tv show at the time, and it was apparently a big deal but I thought it was really a waste.

Imagine caring about a single line of story written by anyone even tangentially related to Blizzard after 2007 LOL

>he's not a professional voice actor
He is though. He has been for years.

>Yea Forums invented Based
No sweety, you're actually stealing from Blacks again. In this case Lil B.

It was made a meme here you seething nigger.

I don't think Yea Forums was using Based way back in 2009, based retard.

Attached: based urban dictionary.jpg (601x426, 25K)

Nobody here uses it with this nigger definition you drooling subhuman.

Everyone loved the third game and story of Arthas. Why didn't they make it about him? Todays kids haven't even played the older games. Warcraft lore is a mess these days.

Attached: c84ljl3uop331.png (900x506, 494K)

>Nobody here uses it with this nigger definition
How do you define Based?

It just became upvote of Yea Forums, really nothing to be proud of.

Close.
>“Based means being yourself. Not being scared of what people think about you. Not being afraid to do what you wanna do. Being positive. When I was younger, based was a negative term that meant like dopehead, or basehead. People used to make fun of me. They was like, ‘You’re based.’ They’d use it as a negative. And what I did was turn that negative into a positive. I started embracing it like, ‘Yeah, I’m based.’ I made it mine. I embedded it in my head. Based is positive.”
t. Lil B the BasedGod
How it got here I have no idea.

I'm not proud of it, just educating a nigger who got lost on his way to worldstarhiphop.

That description is kind of accurate to how it's used on Yea Forums, except many people are bad at identifying based and call posts that are cringe "based."

>Educating a nigger on memes
Based Retard

Based nigger adopting Yea Forums language thinking it will fit in.

Please stop using the n-word, we don't welcome racism around here.

I'm playing an orc next Monday and there is nothing you can do about it.

Because the story of arthas is harder to tell, it includes more factions and characters and requires more context

this

Cringe

Most people who consider thselves modern Warcraft fans haven't actually played the first two games

Not that I can blame them. 1 and 2 should have been much higher priorities for remakes than 3

newfag

Not necessarily. Warcraft 3 wasn't difficult to follow even without having played the first two games. It was where I started and I didn't find myself handicapped by a lack of previous knowledge.

cringe

He meant "base". "Orgrim is much more base" i.e simple, brutish.

Attached: 1536369432255.jpg (641x491, 43K)

Remaking 1 and 2 would have required some pretty significant overhauls, where the 3 remake you can tell is clearly in the same engine but with better graphics. On top of 3 just plain being more popular as you mentioned. I see why they prioritized it.

Either way, at least they released 1 and 2 on GOG, which means that they have been fixed to function properly on modern computers, so a true gamer has no excuse not to play them.

That's because you played a video game of wc3 and didn't watch a movie of wc3.
Movies have way less time to show you what is going on.

Not if you entirely write out the orcs and elves and focus purely on the Arthas storyline. Blizzard would of course never do that, because they have a hardon for their generic noble savages, but the Arthas storyline is reasonably self-contained.

I think you'd get roughly a film's length if you cut out all the time spent building bases, armies and attack+moving towards the objective

wow that is incredibly based

Durotan is based you cuck

Ironic, since Gul'dan fucks his wife.

>Not if you entirely write out the orcs and elves and focus purely on the Arthas storyline. Blizzard would of course never do that, because they have a hardon for their generic noble savages, but the Arthas storyline is reasonably self-contained.
Yeah you could start there if you cut a lot of stuff.
I don't think you could cut orcs completely to properly show Arthas, I think the early interactions with them and the lessons of Uther are important, I think you need some of them there, but you can maybe gloss over them. Elves could be cut.
They prefer to add rather than cut though, which was shown with how they treated a movie based on warcraft 1.
I really think it was a perfect starting point when it came to a warcraft movie, but they couldn't pace themselves and had to throw in extra unneeded shit.

It's the same problem as The Hobbit really. There was easily enough content in the book to make it two movies instead of just one, no denying that. But they got greedy and had to pad it out with way too much extra stuff when it would have been enough of a struggle to adapt faithfully as-is. Same deal with Warcraft, except they got overconfident and did it before they even knew if they'd be able to get a sequel greenlit. And so now we have a movie that ends as if it's expecting more, but no sequel will materialize.

Bro stop having cringe orc cuck fantasies you're embarrassing me in front of the female draenei

Attached: 1549247618592.jpg (1500x1364, 915K)