Why do people still take Bill Maher seriously in 2019?

Why do people still take Bill Maher seriously in 2019?

Attached: bill maher actually said this nonsense.jpg (768x960, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WGp-omDD3V0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rylands_Library_Papyrus_P52
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: v3keb8w1d3531.jpg (1024x768, 245K)

Bill Maher has some really kino segments, also only the mentally challenged follow a religious doctrine. youtu.be/WGp-omDD3V0

When Bill Maher is dying in a hospital he'll be surrounded by all his friends

>only the mentally challenged follow a religious doctrine

*tips fedora*

Most of these atheist critical thinkers don't read many books something tells me

Not an argument.

Neither is "only the mentally challenged follow a religious doctrine"

Attached: 6lzjfoi8gnb11.jpg (1419x1039, 721K)

Why would the being that created everything be obsessed with foreskin?

>/pol/ hates the jews
>sucks the dick of abrahamic religion at every turn
What did they mean by this? They know that Christianity is based upon shit written by dusty old jews thousands of years ago, right?

Either way, imagine believing that some sort of magical force field protects the 'word of God' from all interference and tampering, and that both the old and new testaments are some sort of pure texts that haven't been corrupted by greedy men trying to enhance their own prestige and power. You've gotta be an omega brainlet to believe that shit.

Attached: 1565905407545.png (1125x631, 315K)

He isn't. Only Jews still bother with that nonsense.

read The Book before posting bullshit next time.

>imagine believing that some sort of magical force field protects the 'word of God' from all interference and tampering, and that both the old and new testaments are some sort of pure texts that haven't been corrupted by greedy men trying to enhance their own prestige and power

We have manuscripts and the Textus Receptus.

>also only the mentally challenged follow a religious doctrine.

You mean like watching his show regularly?

>entire religion created by jews
>written by jews
>traditions are jewish in origin
>the bible says jews are god's chosen people

>haha guys only the jews still do that nonsense, we just follow everything else they created because they told us god did it
Ah yes, the "Textus Receptus", written by a guy in the sixteenth century. That totally validates the validity of Judaism and Christianity.

Just saying, man, all of this shit has come down through the ages, passing through literally THOUSANDS of people's hands. People, just like you and me -- just like the people that post on Yea Forums. Knowing what you know about how people are, about how disingenuous and dishonest they can be, how can you believe you're getting anything even remotely legitimate?

Attached: 1563401934406.gif (304x304, 3.94M)

Foreskin obsession is OG bible. Protestants have no more authority than mormons. And Catholics no more than fuckin zoroastrians and any other desert like cult than had a version of jesus. You're a bunch of sand nigger worshippers no matter how you rationalize it

But why does he care? Christians are blowing themselves up or flying planes into buildings. He’s just another atheist that wants everyone else to feel just as empty and scared as him.

You seriously only believe in god out of fear? I defend christianity, but people like you are pieces of shit.

()), i wonder why...

>getting this triggered over a meme

because back in the day people didn't shower regularly/clean their dicks often

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.

Everyone is empty and scared. It's the human condition. No matter what your coping mechanism is, we all are going to die and nobody knows where we go after life. I would rather challenge my mind and continue to learn and critically think till my dying breath because that seems like the most productive thing to do with this life i've been given. Giving up your free will to cling to a religious security blanket makes a person weak and dumb.

Attached: 02E619DD-EAD9-4FA3-875B-5B7D8C0B36DC.jpg (557x680, 96K)

Seek help, or dilate, whichever comes first

Lol when did this site turn into a den of pearl-clutching faggots?

Stop getting your insights on religion and philosophy from a Jewish comedian on HBO

>defending (((Bill Maher)))

Dilate, you mentally ill tranny

That was a great segment, I've always hated the combination of news and comedy, but what he said is true.
We have a serious mental health issue with men in America, mainly white men in America, and no one wants to talk about. I don't know why (well, I reckon being everyone's favourite punching bag for everything wrong in the world is one reason), but we seriously need to look at how men are raised by their parents, taught through school, and treated by society.

The paradigm of Yea Forums is changing due to dumb teenagers influx and the older posters leaving because of work and just having more responsibilities. The teens are still in their naive and stupid phase and when they get blown out by an older poster with more logic they lash out because they are dumb.

>white men
>when a good chunk of those were kikes
>when the lions share of violence is done by niggers and spics
Bad b8.

Just because a comedian says something widely known, doesn't change it from fact to fiction.

The NT is anti-jew.

>no argument
>memes

Attached: 30E42E93-2631-447B-8FE5-58611E2EC560.jpg (680x383, 16K)

By that logic, all those Hollywood clowns who told people not to vote for Trump and lied about moving to Canada if he got elected are fucking Aristotle.

> nooo it’s the nonwhites who are based we’re actually cucks
lmao, state of you

Have sex

Nah you're gay and I'm probably older than you. Go to church

>jesus walked on water and shiet
>he turn da water to wine!!!
>an den he cum back alive after he is kill!!!!!!!11!

Imagine actually believing in this clownshoe nonsense.

He's not naming gang violence and criminal violence, he's talking about mass shooting massacres by mentally ill people which are disproportionately white men.

I'm 32.

I don't give two shits about Bill Maher, I'm talking about Yea Forums
>n-no you can't insult Christianity this is an outrage
This site is so obsessed with being contrarian they have began to larp as butthurt christian traditionalists. It's hilarious.

I agree, having faith in the Big Bang theory and the Theory of Evolution is nothing to be proud of.

So old and still having the mind of a teenage degenerate?

Have sex

Have sex, my g-o-o-d-m-a-n. Have it and have it well.

>having a rational and logical mind
>y you are j just a degenerate
Dude you are dumb as fuck, it's ok you will grow over time.

Nothing rational or logical about being an aimless hedonistic degenerate my friend.

have sex

What's your deal with the word degenerate? It's such an empty statement, i almost feel bad for you because you seem to have no mind of your own. You just absorbed the buzzwords from this site and parrot it out of ignorance. I can only hope you are larping for replies. Excuse me while i go roll up a blunt and enjoy my day off.

Attached: American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg (590x322, 212K)

Dilate and be sure to get plenty of sleep tonight

>DUDE

Attached: F48BEBA1-70C0-4BB1-AB2B-98DA311B3539.jpg (777x656, 79K)

Christfags are hilarious. Imagine being afraid to jerk off because you think supernatural forces will see it and be angry with you. That's /x/-tier schizo behaviour.

Based cumbrain

FIRST thing that comes to his mind is beating his monkey. Amazing. They've got you good.

I never understood this hatred for relligion. If it makes people be better towards themselves and others and helps them cope with what they've been dealt in life, what's the problem?

>If it makes people be better towards themselves and others

if that was the case it wouldn't be a problem.

It also turns people into murderous zombies as well as pedos. Escapism isn't suppose to be a core characteristic of a human being.

>kill the baby in the womb
>spread AIDS
Yeah dude FUCK religion. Atheism is the true benevolence.

Do you also believe supernatural forces will be angry with you if you have sex outside marriage?

Certain relligions and sects sure. But christians are more charitable than atheists, for example.

t. dumb zoomer

Based Jake Skywalker

red cross and blue shield are also pretty charitable. That doesn't mean you should go around attempting to strike fear into people with fiction.

Check this 5

Only the mentally i'll and dumb follow religious doctrine.
The only reason why anyone is sad is because they have a chemical inbalance, if you take your SSRIs you can also become as smart as me.
For some reason though if i stop using them i start questioning my existence and why i do all the things i do lmao i guess i should just read more of Richard Dawkins books. I trust in science if your child is a bit too active at a young age pump him full of amphetamines, does he have a headache then put him on opioids.
Yes abortions are very good and cool it's not murder i'm just actively making sure that my child isn't alive.
50% divorce rate? That's because god is dumb and people are realizing that it's not smart to be married, read The God Delusion.
What do you mean i'm not supposed to take the Bible literally, i'm creatively bankrupt and sub

Who is actually doing that? Bill maher etc going around south shitting on peoples beliefs is far worse than someone preaching the word of god.

There is nothing to fear if you know the Truth.

Guess who's the #1 charity in the world?
That's right, the fucking church. Eat shit, fedora.

Attached: Screenshot_20190808-011344_Instagram.jpg (1392x1584, 1017K)

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

It's because they don't count the mass shootings in downtown detroit and chicago. If you use the definition of "mass shooting" black people still take the fucking cake by a long shot. It's just not reported on because no one fucking cares if niggers shoot each other in record numbers. It just isn't news.

They are also known for being the largest group of child abusers on the planet. They have a good resume.

Religious people tend to have low IQ and you just demonstrated that by your retarded attempt at an argument

>the largest group of child abusers on the planet
That's Hollywood

It's also the world's largest nest of paedophiles.
There would be half as much starving poor in need of charity if the Pope told them it was ok to use contraception and they didn't have to multiply like rabbits.

Wouldn't be

Yep as we can see from this thread. When you challenge the religious they deteriorate into seething faggots and rage incoherently.

Why should't we just kill all the poor all the NEETs? Why is killing the people who don't contribute anything bad?

Just the Bible. It's the only book you need to read to become an atheist, I mean, if you can think critically that is.

No I believe every human is inherently a sinner. But we are also capable of seeing our mistakes and feeling remorse. And that's the power of Christ. He will ALWAYS forgive.

How about the novel idea of not sticking it in if you don't want children?

I'm up for killing NEETs.

Many churches encourage their followers to go forth and multiply because it increases their congregation.

>heh, I find your religion and beliefs laughable, but what would Jesus think of you and your actions?

Attached: 1564903276290.png (798x666, 367K)

*Tips*

Even if you don't agree with someone you can still call them out for being morally inconsistent and hypocritical.

Except not always like if you blaspheme.

I don't believe that. Peter lied about not believing in Jesus Christ three times and he still got forgiven. I believe Jesus forgives no matter what, as long as you feel remorse.

You're joking.

I'm pretty sure it happens because fedoras know that they are in the wrong so they try to guilt religious people into doing what they want them to do. It's a very typical atheist strategy.

Where is your morality without relligion?

Yeah it's pretty morally inconsistent to advocate for human rights while killing babies.

Nihilistic hedonism is the best way. Why do you want to live life like a slave to fairy tales based on the possibility you might go to heaven.

I've heard many times that if you blaspheme the holy spirit this is unforgivable in the eyes of God.

Because hedonism doesn't actually lead to happiness it's completely pointless

A man infinitely smarter than Maher once said, "Regardless of whether God exists, it is in the best interest of all to act as if He did." This is what short-sighted idiots like Bill miss while huffing their own farts: belief in a Higher Power, faith in something greater than ourselves, is also a belief in absolutes. In their absence, you descend into moral relativism that is ultimately indefensible.

Depends on the report. Some people say the US has more mass shootings than days in the year, which is true when you define mass shooting by 4 people since it includes all the gun violence from gangs and in inner cities.
When you define it as massacres where mentally ill people attempt to kill as many random people as possible, then it is an extreme rare problem, but still a problem nonetheless considering the US has 3-5 a year (I'm just guessing those numbers). Those types of events are what he is talking about, they are overly committed by white men and it's these events that always bring up the gun debate over and over again.
As to why they are white men, well, people don't consider the problems of white men since they're always assumed to have it better than anyone else, and they're always seen as the punching bag of society and by the media. They've flown under the radar for a long time and now we are beginning to realise there is a problem on our hands.
I also think the societal revolution we've gone through recently has had some negative effects that people just don't want to bring up for fear of being called sexist. Perhaps breaking up gender roles was not the best idea? Controversial, I know, but there's a reason we've held them since the dawn of man. Our society has changed so drastically and so rapidly we've yet to see the actual consequences of it. Of course the short term benefits are drastic, but there may be long term problems that have yet to arise.
I'm not saying it's inherently bad and we shouldn't have liberated women, but just that we need to give it plenty of more time before we can call it "the right move". Attacking people that have problems or question the idea sexist isn't helping either. Just my $0.02.
>It just isn't news.
It's sad but it's true, we're so complacent with gun violence in America it's sad, only the really big events get any news time.

Same but I don't believe it. I interpret the bible my own way like everyone should.

You absolute fucking faggots. Bill Maher screeching that Drumph will become a dictator and that we should mindlessly accept whatever stooge the DNC offers us is the real scandal, but him correctly identifying religion as a con is what gets more (you)s. Contrarian fucks. The only hell I can imagine is having to somehow monitor this board, in all its baited glory, for free.

kek that bottom panel is gold

Why did god invent dirt and then invent parts of our body that are able to get dirty?
Couldn't he have just constructed the rules of physics of our universe so such things weren't possible?

>don't question us, look at how much charity we do!
sure is an enlightened doctrine you have there, built on logic and reason.

Explain to me with logic and reason why we don't kill cripples and other people who cant or wont contribute?

If you weren't aware, the earliest copies of New Testament manuscripts date to within the lifetime of direct eye-witnesses to Jesus. Some of the gospels date to within 30 years of the crucifixion.

And before you tip your fedora into orbit, yeah, that's really close for historical stuff considering that for Alexander the great, for example, the earliest manuscripts we have about him are from like 250 years after his death.

The whole "passed down over the years" thing doesn't hold water when we have accounts that are basically contemporary.

Because of our humanity?
Are you one of those memists that thinks compassion or ethics are only possible due to religion?
I just find it ironic, since Christianity also says you can be a complete slut or murderer or thief and have it all washed away if you say sorry.

You have to actually feel remorse, you can't fake that

>Escapism isn't suppose to be a core characteristic of a human being.

If that were the case, religions, both defunct as well as extant, wouldn't predate science, technology, and even philosophy by tens(if not hundreds) of thousands of years.

it's easy to feel remorse after you've done something wrong

Where does our humanity come from?

genetic fallacy, my fedora friend

Well then God will forgive

Ethics are innate and are expanded upon the more complicated a society gets and the more thought that thereby needs to go into them.
It starts with you needing to preserve yourself, to survive.
Then you need to protect your mate and the children they provide, survival of your genes.
Then the tribe agrees not to harm each other in order to improve for everyone, they can't just be murdering or stealing from each other.
The tribe becomes a town, becomes cities, states, nations.
At this point patriotism takes hold, you can still dehumanize other countries and fight ugly wars because they're not one of you.
And then humanitarianism expands into believing every human being is included. You also have arguments of the now theoretical and complicated morality, such as whether it's better to save more people at any cost, etc.

There is no super-natural addition required, it's all a natural consequence.
That's why animals are capable of primitive versions of just what we've described.

>The whole "passed down over the years" thing doesn't hold water when we have accounts that are basically contemporary.
t. retard

old testament is assembled after new and most of the texts are clearly heavily corrupted

not even the EARLIEST fragments of the bible are within 30 years of the crucifixion you lying fuck, the earliest we have is this scrap of shit from the year 200ad en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rylands_Library_Papyrus_P52

science has always been there. Science is literally the world and reality around us. Humanity had to catch up to science to record and document it.

Hearing one sentence from a comedian and agreeing with it is not something I'd call a philosophy.

That still doesn't explain why we don't kill or at the very least leave people who cant contribute behind without offering help. That's how it used to be when we were godless hunters gatherers. You broke your leg as the camp was about to move? Tough shit.