If god exists, why doesn't he ever do something to prove his existence?

If god exists, why doesn't he ever do something to prove his existence?

Attached: Groyper-an-illustration-of-Pepe-the-Frog-which-was-present-in-several-hateful-users.ppm.png (850x748, 52K)

just have faith

if god is real would he condemn me for smoking weed and drinking beer right now

>drinking beer

he turned water into wine nigger god loves booze

Nah

did the fag church tell you their god exists? they will say you are lost for not believing in the holy spirit (which is a sin god can't forgive a part of 6 unforgivable sins)

all the religions are too archaic to support modern thoughts and anything new is put into a cult and oppressed by the existing religions who won't change with time.

imagine having a constitution where no law can be removed or added.

>alcohol is a drug
does that mean I can do drugs as much as I want and god wont care?

aids

Attached: 1445144922644.jpg (960x719, 109K)

maybe

It was non-alcoholic wine you fuckhead. Back in the day wine could literally just mean grape juice.

He's shy

I've read the bible, and god kinda has a legitimate reason to not show his face.

>be several thousand years ago, maybe longer
>directly help moses and his people out of egypt with miracles that could never be faked (plagues, the red sea parting, making it rain food from the sky)
>how do these people thank him? By cursing his name and worshipping a golden calf

Frankly, why should God constantly have to validate his existence to the equivalent of spoiled brats? I'm afraid I have to side with him here. IF I did that for my people, and they spat in my face like that, I would've struck them all down in the most violent fashion possible, leaving just enough survivors to let the world know of my horrible vengeance. But thankfully God is far less prone to anger than I am.

Only humans need recognition, gods; with-matter-non-interacting, invisible, flying teapots, and spaghetti monsters can exist without humans believing in them. But you also can't prove shit, so it's immaterial.

Attached: i've-got-you-know-mr-bond.jpg (570x616, 123K)

do christians ever feel bad about stealing part of the jew bible, their god, their persecution complex, and saying that one of them was actually gods son?

>be omnipotent
>want a relationship that isnt forced
>if humans know 100% an omnipotent being exists they will have no choice but to submit
>leave it open so humans can choose to accept
>roll eyes when edge lords attempt to dismiss your unfathomable existence by snarking “muh old man with a wizard hat in the sky”

Bruh, what if god is real but he just sucks at his job, and is too shy to confront all the people who's lives he fucked up.

unironically this.

Every single thing, empty space, emotions, thoughts, all of it proves his existence, you just haven't thought it through.

Need proof of God? Check my godly digits

Attached: americanpsycho.jpg (1252x704, 123K)

jew have been fucking shit up since back then

he did..you're alive shit posting on a eskimo basket weaving forum and yet you haven't starved to death

The elect bane post

Attached: 8691760B-DB80-48FD-BFF0-A9DBD31123E3.jpg (716x768, 79K)

Is God some sort of parent? Why would an omnipotent, omnipresent being condemn you for anything?

Rethink your idea of God.

>leave it open so humans can choose to accept
Choose to accept what exactly? That there's an omnipotent being that they have to submit to? Does the ambiguity somehow reduce the need for submission, if one has faith that he exists?

He created the heavens and the earth

but if he's that ancient, wouldn't he be less prone to such human thinking and just not care?

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
Materialism is an absurd hypothesis. It's worth derisive laughter and nothing more. After we've recognized that the mind is fundamental, we can then recognize that our minds have a purpose. And when we consider what our minds were meant to observe, God asserts his ontological necessity.

Why would an omnipotent being want or even need a relationship?

God exists, but you should rethink your idea of him and your relationship to him.

Obviously it does faggot

the fedora is strong with this thread

Attached: oCOdRMo.png (500x375, 123K)

>you should
I’m goodie

>Gives you an unexplainable world, conscious and environment
>Dude, god do something

>atheism vs christianity thread
What is this? the 2000s?

Yo jokes so 2 thousand late nigga

HE'S CUTE

This user speaks the truth. If God proved his existence, would you believe him? No, you wouldn't. A week later you'd think to yourself, "did that really happen? I guess it was probably my imagination."

Sure, if you want a child's conception of God, be my guess.

omnipotence implies that he can prove his existence without doubt.

Inb4 fedoras harp on this.

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

He's proved it every single moment of your life. You're just blind to it

Have you ever met a really old person?
Their mind turns to soup well before their material body.
Hell my dad is only 50 and besides sleeping half the day, he spends more time wandering around looking for stuff he doesn't remember where he last put it than actually doing anything with the stuff he was looking for.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO WORSHIP THAT STATUE FOR IN-YOUR-FACE INSTANT GRATIFICATION!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WORSHIP ME FOR MY BONE-CHILLING, HEART WRENCHING, ATMOSPHERIC SLOW BURN REVELATIONS!!!!! FUCKING COWS I'M GOING TO MAKE YOUR ENTIRE SPECIES BECOME INDUSTRIALLY FARMED, I'M NEVER TALKING TO ANY OF YOU UNGRATEFUL ENTITLED MANCHILDREN EVER AGAIN!!!!

god really is a woman

latina woman? how thicc is god?

ATHEISTS CLAIM TO BE «FREE» —WHAT FREEDOM CAN HAVE ONE WHO RENEGES OF GOD?

ATHEISTS CLAIM TO BE «RATIONAL» —WHAT REASON CAN HAVE ONE WHO IS INSANE?

ATHEISTS ARE IMPAIRED BY THEIR OWN NESCIENCE, AND SLAVES TO THEIR OWN MALEVOLENCE.

Attached: SANTA CATALINA – FRANCISCO DE ZURBARÁN II.png (750x492, 693K)

Is existence not enough proof of God’s existence for you user?

Even if he proved his existence to you you still wouldn’t believe it, so for your doubt you receive confusion and riddles.

This the proof of God’s existence:
A man painted a painting and spent much time on it. He crafted the portrait, and he painted a tree. The branches varied, the leaves were many colors and he worked day and night to perfect this piece. Afterwards the man went to sign his name at the bottom of the portrait but as soon as he signed it, his name disappeared. So he signed his name again. The name disappeared again. Suddenly the portrait changed, slowly the branches became twisted and the leaves became smudged, the back ground scribbled. The man tried to fix it but the painting but it was ruined. After he tried to fix it many times he finally gave up on it and threw into the dumpster. Then the painting returned to it’s original picture and the signature at the bottom returned but by then it was emptied into the landfill and over time it disintegrated.

thank you

>using a tripcode
okay sweetie

if god is real then why he allow tripfags to exist?

Then why are mental institutions filled to the brim with people who had some moment of imaginary connection with one of thousands of ideas of a god and began to dwell on it for years to the point of hurting people in their circle of acquaintances who questioned their obsession?

>dude I am benevolent and kind
>also if you do not worship in me or believe in me you burn in the lake of fire for eternity
>also I will never give you a reason to believe in me lmao

Attached: 1563676648289.png (530x580, 315K)

i read this story and there's no reason for it to be false right?

must be in the grand plan or some shit

>fuck trip fags
>fuck atheists
>fuck fedoras
>fuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuck jannies

don't talk shit about jannies, if anything they are the true believers. after all it takes a lot of faith for a person to do these things FOR FREE

A child's innocence and a child's conception are two different things.

>do these things for free
Evidence that God exists and has a sense of humorous: he made jannies

If all we know about god comes from a few books, and people consider him real, why can't i believe Harry Potter and his magic are real?

>He thinks the mind is the brain
More materialist nonsense.

>Is existence not enough proof of God’s existence for you user?
No mere existence doesn't help understand the properties of a creator or how to garner favor and avoid wrath and there are multitudes of existing explanations for a creator that have conflicting inherent properties and causes of reward or punishment.

>raised devout christian
>used to pray every night and shit until like age 17
>eventually stopped because bible plotholes made no sense, God seemed immoral.
>in 20s start to hear voices that tell me they are demons
>pray to God to make them go away but nothing happens
>the demons aren't that bad
so why didn't God ever give me a sign while I was devout or when I was in crisis, but demons did? People always say "hurr you can feel God in everything" but that seems like delusional bullshit to me.

Attached: 1548732650507.gif (480x480, 1.02M)

because jk rowling keep opening her mouth
also wasn't that pretty much greek mythology?

I'm convinced, this proves the existence of one true God, Allah.

I didn't mention the brain at all, I mentioned functions of the mind that your automatically attribute to the brain because you understand the mind as a function of the brain.

what do the demons tell you?

inshallah brother

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.
> Jesus was not saying children will enter the kingdom bc they are innocent/good

probably post anime gifs on Yea Forums

Television & Film

Might be schizophrenia, seek medical help user

It is a riddle not a story

god is one of the most pervasive fictional characters referenced across every genre and time period of film and television

A lot of the time it's inane babble that I can't understand but they often give me advice and insight. Sometimes one of them gets nasty and berates me and tells me I should kill myself. They aren't always there, kind of come and go in waves. I see shadow people sometimes too.
I'm in touch with reality though, I'm not a rambling unintelligible crazy person or anything. I think schizos are probably in touch with a higher plane anyway but just can't control it.

Attached: 1503575350900.jpg (423x469, 22K)

Why this? Why that? So childish.

You still think God is some sort of external entity, how can an omnipotent, omnipresent being be external?

wtf no way i don't believe you god told me not to

Bible fags are as clueless as atheists.

Alright keep praying to your lord God, then you'll go to your heaven or whatever.

>doesn't put any effort into trying to find god
>hurr durr god doesn't exist

things don't just get handed to you

Then why use the term god which is always associated with an external deity rather than the term universe which better describes what you are trying to pass of as god and why call it a being if it does not exist with its own separate personhood?

Atheists are annoying but even their fedora's aren't as cringy as the forced edgelord CAPS LOCK in your post and that fucking name lol nigger you so gay.

Only god could fathom this amount of seething

>religion forced on people for hundreds of years
>some people finally call out the bullshit
>EDGY! CRINGE! BURN IN HELL!

Of course you did, dumbass, you said your dad's really old, weak mind and bla bla bla. Be honest when you argue.

This is why people tire of fedora atheists and materialists. You want to prove that you're really smart but you're not tho. Disproving bearded sky daddy judging God is easy ass, nursery school level shit. You guys think it's some amazing feat.

Disproving God God. Now you faggots can't do that at all. The sad thing is you guys are too dumb to realize you can't disprove it. So you continue in your smug arrogance and materialist nonsense.

If the sky opened up and angels descended upon the earth right this moment it wouldn't prove shit. Anything perceived "out there" could easily be a trick of some kind, an illusion, hallucination, whatever. The only way to know something genuinely is to experience it directly, not through some sensory filter but through the experience of BEING that thing, whatever it is. Anything less can't be trusted as absolute truth. So, only by knowing yourself can you know God, because God is not separate from you, not some external phenomenon to be observed through the divide of whatever medium you think exists between you. This is why seekers are always encouraged to look within themselves, because that's where knowing occurs - in the fundamental essence of your being; awareness itself.

>some people
Yeah, the founding fathers and the first amendment

I am agnostic :)

Dilate

Saying God = universe means you haven't got it yet. How can a universe exist if there is no being that perceives that universe?

Of course, but its a pretty low level of seething, it's like whatever, do what you want since you don't want to contemplate.

Everything is within God. The highest level of seething and the lowest.

what kind of agnostic?

anyone with an iq above 80 is

It’s obvious from my replies I have contemplated, we just have come to different conclusions.

No, I specifically implied he wasn't even really that old yet, I didn't call his mind weak, just something that changed drastically over time because it is not some fundamental core property of a person, and I only talked of abstract cognitive abilities of the mind, you were the one that made the connection to the brain because you understand you were being insincere about the fundamental existence of the mind and you yourself see the mind as something based on the material body specifically the brain.

The universe is filled with at least trillions of beings on this planet alone.

What precludes a universe from being able to perceiving itself?

>u can't prove he doesn't exist
>"god I'm about to stab this person in the neck"
>stab
>lol it was gods will

Here's the thing. You can call whatever spirits or entities to yourself. Or you can not call them. You can live as a strict materialist or you can even be an animist and talk to plants. All of those things can be done, it all depends on your mental commitments (meaning your current beliefs about reality). It's all changeable. The difficulty in changing again depends on the make-up of your commitments.

Where does it all arise from? Yourself. They do not exist independently. I personally wouldn't call on spirits because it's like talking to random strangers, some are ok, some are assholes, the difference is spirits can bother you anytime. Meanwhile with human strangers you can just stay in your house if you don't want to be bothered.

So if you don't want spirits, expect nothing to appear and ignore them if they do appear, gradually, they will appear less and less and eventually your commitments will change and you won't see them anymore.

What perceives those trillions?

How do you know rocks exist? Did the rock perceive itself or did you perceive it?

Here's your proof.

Attached: dubsofgod.jpg (695x1120, 202K)

When you put it that way, the jews look like a bunch of fucking retards

? But the world is explainable. Eventually.

I call you a materialist, you call me a materialist, what a waste of time.

>You looking at your dad
>Your dad
Where is the "mind" in this scenario. You can think about that if you want to. That's it from me to you.

I haven’t finished reading the Bible but one thing you should know about God is that he is easily jealous. Like literally no other thing to worship, people, for some reason, forget this, a lot, and it becomes a source of pain and suffering most of the time. I’ll name a few
>Solomon worshipping other gods once he hits peak, especially when he said he’ll only worship him and make a fuckhueg temple for him
>Literally anyone worshipping Baal
>the golden calf
If you wanna read about some kino go read the book of Judges. It’s literally about some chosen ones by God to help whiny Jews when they’re done whining and turning their backs on him. The shit they do is crazy. One guy killed hundreds of people with a jawbone. It also features my favorite story in the Bible, that left handed dude with that fucking big dagger that he stabs a king with.

Attached: 731D9059-C8E2-444B-A95C-F9844601AA36.jpg (263x301, 38K)

Everything else around them.

Rock is a very general term there are thousands of rock types that interact with their surroundings in very different ways, some rocks are bursting with various forms of life such as bugs and bacteria and are indistinguishable from the life they contain, but I am not a type of rock, so I don't know a rock's perception.

Do you think you are a god is that why you imply that you make rocks exist through your various methods of perceiving them?

old testament is pure action fantasy kino

You are the one who originally connecting the mind to the material brain, so you by definition are a materialist when it comes to the mind.

>Where is the "mind" in this scenario.
In the cognitive abilities, environmental awareness, and conscious behaviors of my dad that described.

I think no part of the bible condemns specifically getting high. God forbid eating specif animals on specific dates tho.