This is unironically the good guy in the movie

This is unironically the good guy in the movie.

Attached: avatar colonel miles.jpg (2700x1800, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Pandoran_Neural_Network
youtube.com/watch?v=HnqPMtoL7Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8Buy5b6DQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are silly.

F

Attached: 1422398879879.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

have yet to finish that film

Have you been watching a minute per month since it came out?

you retards keep begging for a movie where the villain wins

it came out 10 years ago user

due to finish it a day before the avatar 2 release date

This is what Americans believe. That whole movie is an allegory on the war against the sand people that goes on since 92. My gf is from Lebanon so fuck you burgers

>air is poisonous to humans
>all wildlife linked to the planet consciousness
>Planet is literally sentient
>entire planet filled with massive monsters
>despite this, humans are still by far the most dominant species on the planet
Didn’t know we were such chads

The environmental message is stronger.

he has a scar on his face, he can’t be the good guy!

it was an allegory for vietnam you retarded nigger lover

Muslims ruined Lebanon, learn some very recent history

Avatar 2 is gonna be retarded because the only sensible thing to do would be to fuck off and leave Pandora alone or go back and bombard it from orbit

>scorch planet
>mine lifeless husk of mcguffins

Attached: 1480371135634.gif (245x175, 1022K)

>tfw Avatar 2 ,3 and 4 are all about space boomers busting rocks in an irradiated hellscape

why not use drones?

same reason they used infantry in the first film

Infantry were required in the first film because of resistance from local wildlife - which is absent after violent hellscape & irradiation

>scorchplanet
>find out ecosystem you just destroyed was responsible for production of mcguffins and you now have only a finite supply left.

why not drone the wildlife

not as efficient as human population control efforts due to substandard ai

finite supply was all they were after in the first place

>"You've got a lot of guts, let's see what they look like!"

Best line in the film desu.

>tfw you master interstellar travel, learn to clone aliens and transplant your consciousness into their bodies like a meat gundam but never get the hang of programming a robot with a gun

They never did the research necessary to determine that.

agreed - its silly
however, that was the world as it existed in avatar

No, but he's the only entertaining character

No, they were there to take the supply they saw existed at the time they made their survey
They had no intention of seeing how it was made - only taking was they knew to be there at that moment.

how?

xenophobic Na'vi interrupted their mining operation, violating the NAP

>>"You've got some big nuts, let's see what they look like!"
pretty sure this is what he said
it was pretty homo

Which is stupid and short-sighted. And unethical because the unobtainium is necessary for the future of their own race. Therefore OPs assertion that the man in charge of the operation who is intelligent enough to know all of this but does not give a fuck because he is unwilling to compromise his ego is the "good guy" is false.

Unfortunately brainlets can't tell the difference.

The man in charge of the operation was the corporate golfer that never left the base. Did you even watch the film?

Attached: 52396657.jpg (480x480, 33K)

entertainment is the end goal of a blockbuster film, so is the character who provides it not the good guy?

I hope her whole family gets bombed by the white man. Die, race traitor.

all meming aside, when that guy fights someone twice his size at the end of the movie it's difficult not to root for him

Attached: exo.fight.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

You're being willfully obtuse. But what I said could also apply to the man you are referring to.

The things you mention have only tangential relationships. Freddy Krueger would be a "good guy" under your implication, which is absurd.

>The man hired to lead a security team and follow the orders of his corporate employer is the guy in charge of the operation.

Is the department manager not in charge of his department? You delegate, one guy isn't hands-on running the whole thing.

>he's not Freddypilled
The slasher is the protagonist of any slasher film

Exactly, and the guy in charge of security is in charge of security.

>muh dik
Go fuck yourself

Security team in name only. He's in charge of a military force waging war on an alien civilization. And yes, he does command "operation" in the field.

Every man has his own conscience to answer to. "I was just following orders" is not an excuse. In fact this is why Jake Sully is the "good guy" of Avatar.

99.99% of people who saw this movie instinctively understood all of the above by the way because it is the basic moral of the story.

Have you ever considered you are simply a contrarian shithead?

Israel, France, and Islamists are responsible for Lebanon's state

Human good, alien bad

This is the most redpilled take I've seen yet

>THE BAD GUY IS ACTUALLY THE GOOD GUY!!!!

Attached: 11036450_1614686978785544_704663782263639491024_n.jpg (256x256, 26K)

He was just following orders, and in doing so killing a hostile, deadly enemy to himself and his men.

As for the wisdom of mining all the macguffins, those decisions were above his pay grade.

He was hired to protect the operation, and when it became clear that the local wildlife was hostile, his boss ordered him to eliminate the threat.

Is he supposed to care about some blue cat-monkeys? Nope.

Jake Sully = Benedict Arnold

You're basically confirming everything I just said: that he was a thick-headed racist profiteer who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Wrong.
His primary concern was the safety of his men and the those corporate employees involved in the mining operation.
Humans.
Brothers.

based. fuck zionist attack dog mutts

>He was just following orders
He ignored many clues that there was more going on on Pandora that would have been useful to the corporation he worked for, but he didn't give a shit. Deep down he really just enjoyed barking orders and playing General, and slowing down to do anthropology was not his style.

lmao you think he actually gave a shit about his men? We're talking about the actual movie character here user, not your headcanon idealized fanfic version of him.

>anthropology was not his style.
No shit.
He was a professional soldier.

>you think he actually gave a shit about his men
It was clearly the only thing he cared about.
He was a lifelong soldier/commander.

if anything its more a native american allegory fuck off your gf is a whore

So they should have brought more smallpox?

and firewater

Professional soldiers would have informed higher ups that there was more potential on Pandora than they realized, because they are in the business of making money through occupation, not shooting. And a long occupation and research mission would be just the assignment they like.

No, Quaritch actively liked wreaking havoc in a way that goes beyond the professional. But he was very good at it.

More potential?
Such as what?
They were that for some mineral.
That was it.

james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Pandoran_Neural_Network

Did YOU watch the movie?

idiot

Obviously, and that neural network was useless to humans.
The mineral which was worth billions per pound, on the other hand, was the only thing of value to bring home.

the blue people acted idiotic as you'd expect of a Jewish propaganda film, encouraging primitive peoples to throw their lives away
A better model would be the Jesuits who recorded native languages, making dictionaries and grammars, and taught them how to use their god given resources to preserve their culture.

>that neural network was useless to humans.
That is for R&D to determine, not soldiers.
RDA was mostly likely very pissed at the handling of the Pandora operation after the fact, beyond the loss of the unobtainium. New technologies like the neural network present opportunities for even further expansion that supersede the importance of simple mining efforts.

In this film the Jesuits were the science team that attempted to make friends with the natives.
However, they were unable to convince the natives to trade their important resource for the preservation of their culture.
Hence, warfare.

The mineral was not lost. It still exists right where it existed from the beginning of the story.
See also the previous discussion whereby the only intelligent action for the humans to secure that resource is to nuke the planet and mine the mineral from the lifeless husk.

How exactly would some conscious space plants be creating minerals

Head cannon.

>racist
>to aliens

>difficult not to root for him
lol no it isn't
fuck spaceniggers

I don't know. The RDA also doesn't know how the unobtainium is produced. Destroying the entire ecosystem of the moon where it is found in the highest concentration (only place the Avatar universe?) without investigation seems unwise.

brainlet post

yes. i agree.
but the reason why (in the story) the natives didn't agree to all this is because the Jewish producers want primitive peoples (who see Avatar) to act similarly
The ending of Avatar is so fucking dumb. I mean literallly why would the hispanic and the nerd throw their lives away for aliens. so dumb

Since the mineral is the fuel for their starships, it would seem doubtful that this small, recently discovered planet is the only known source.

But the goal in harvesting it is quite clear. Its rare, and highly useful and therefore its harvest is as much necessary as profitable.

>The ending of Avatar is so fucking dumb.
That much is true.
They should have never allowed any of the humans to escape.
And the moment they did so, the humans should have nuked the planet (post-credits scene).

Attached: 1545074630980.jpg (251x242, 18K)

It's the same message, and it's not just about America, it's about our whole species and the way we step on each other over resources with little thought given to sustainable solutions.

Its about efficient solutions.

That's what will happen, and that's when the first twist in the story will hit.

Pandora wasn't just a paradise, but one some even more advanced species built. They will play the role of God in this allegory. Guess who gets to play the serpent.

NPC post

>tfw you will never be col. miles "boy" and share his bed

Of course the humans will be cast as evil.
Why would that change from the first version of this leftist fantasy?

Attached: 1494894163995.jpg (600x600, 39K)

Unenlightened and evil aren't the same thing. Human civilization in Avatar is unenlightened. For all our technological advancement, we're still selfish, Darwinist, apparently puppets of faceless, psychopathic megacorps. The enlightened civilization is going to show up and bitch-slap us back to the Stone Age, and the sticks and rocks we're left with will be every bit as effective against them as our nukes and railguns.

Nothing wrong with looking at some blue alien nuts.

>and the sticks and rocks we're left with will be every bit as effective against them as our nukes and railguns.
Because your faggy message would make for an entertaining movie?
Humans would put up a hell of a fight or even win, otherwise the movie doesn't serve it's function as a movie, to be entertaining.

>Because your faggy message would make for an entertaining movie?
The story is about an ideological clash between perpetual expansionism and strict sustainability, humanity loses because they stretch themselves too thin, endlessly kicking the recession can down the road and becoming completely dependent on resource extraction to keep their economy going, the rush to extract and exploit unobtainium results in them running into a fight completely unprepared.

This guy gets it. He also fucks.

Look up the wreck of the S.S. Central America. The behavior of the people on that boat can almost serve as a metaphor for our entire species. Nothing is of value if you're not even alive to value it.

So have you figured out a way that can translate into 2 and a half hours of moving pictures yet?
You have entirely missed the point. You can't make that a movie.

Yeah you can. I find your lack of imagination ... disturbing.

Except it's literally Dances With Wolves, and fuck South Park I had that opinion first.

>muh noble savages
>Muh evil technology
I can't believe such shit is being shilled here. Goes to show yet again that young millenials faggots who are the majority here still have their nostalgia goggles.

Based and anti-Kaczynskian

Witnessed

>ayylmaos come and annihilate humans for 2 hours after they fuck up their garden
>people think moviegoers would find this entertaining

well they didn't exactly master interstellar travel. The ship is literally two huge engines with bigger radiators pushing a tiny tin can full of frozen people, with another tin can for the 4-person crew. That sounds like just the modern age of space travel

Attached: Isv.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

Why don't I feel like watching this film again? I only watched it like once ever

>>learn to clone aliens and transplant your consciousness into their bodies like a meat gundam
Honestly whoever pioneered that tech could just make a killing on Earth (or other assumed colony planets) by renting GigaChad or SuperStacy meat suits for people pilot, payed by the hour.

Race traitor jake sully sends the filthy unwashed humans back to the “slums” because they’re not equipped to handle “natural beauty”
Disgusting movie
Wished the humans would napalm/Nuke the entire surface of the planet and put all the shitty faux indian natives in slave camps

based

They should pull a unit 731 on them.
Create clone hybrids to move in .

"General Lee, I have no division..."

Make a really strong firebase that can’t be overrun. Start systematically cleansing the forests, make it all barren, one little hill at a time. Focus on resource rich areas and good territory you can defend easily.
Anything else you destroy with nukes and rods of god.

>Humans return to Avatar
>The "ghost" of Grace Fulton returns
>She tries to reason with her people, warning us that we're risking our very existence as a species over shortsighted greed
>The humans write her off as some sort of Na'vi hocus pocus and proceed with their scorched earth campaign
>The Na'vi are forced underground
>Where the "roots" of all of Pandora intermingle
>They discover their origins
>The Forerunner species shows up, represented again by Grace
>she presents the Na'vi with a choice, explains that the power she wields is ultimately theirs to command should they decide to use it
>in their grief and rage, they tell her to wipe us out
>Grace then decimates the Earth's forces with power and serenity, literally untouchable with any weapon we possess
>The movie ends with the Na'vi mobilizing to bring the fight to us, ignoring Grace's counsel

See? This ain't hard.

check em

Na’vi can’t evolve or progress, or they’d have discovered medicine, fire metallurgy and so on.
Why they’d change now beats me. They are unwashed savages, unable to move past their instincts

No no no, you said
>The enlightened civilization is going to show up and bitch-slap us back to the Stone Age, and the sticks and rocks we're left with will be every bit as effective against them as our nukes and railguns.
Not to mention your proposal is literally just the plot of Avatar repeated

user don't spazz out
Mankind should be there to colonise it not to fuck it.
Just killing and containing the navis would be good.
Then mass production of hybrids to move the other people from earth.
Maybe create an analogous super AI like eiwa and just download as much human consciousness as possible from earth.
Human expansion beyond centaurs and earth will become feasible as total mass will reduce.

Why not? We did. We have absolutely no idea how long they've been sentient. Just a hundred thousand years ago, we were still in our caves. That's a literal eyeblink in the history of our planet, let alone the universe.

It’s the fault of their environment, the engineered perfection of their world. Since they have light sources they need no electricity. They don’t have to hunt animals, they’re all friends, they don’t need to domesticate animals, or appear to have any agriculture.
Because they slot in so perfectly; life is not a struggle, and therefore technological innovation can’t happen.
Jake won’t help them either

Yeah. I gave you the whole plot of a movie without even reaching that point. I could give you more. I could give you the Na'vi embarking on a genocide campaign while increadingly coming to question the righteousness of it, before ultimately deciding to show mercy and letting us start again, perhaps wiser for our past transgressions, laying aside our arrogance as a species and trying to find a better way, but at this point, I'd be remiss were I not to remind you that it's your deficit of imagination that prompted me to belabor my point in the first place.

Yeah, I'm going to return to my point that audiences wouldn't really like that.
They like a clearly defined good guy and a clearly defined bad guy.
You push it and you're going to get people hating it and entirely missing your intended message.

>the biggest treasure trove of biological stuff in the entire universe
>WAAH WE BURN IT DOWN TO MINE ROCKS HURR

There is a clearly-defined good guy - the Na'vi in general and Jake, Neytiri, and Grace in particular. You could even make the story be about them being outcasts as the Na'vi rally around some kind of strongman leader who's leading them down the same path we've already taken.

The Na'vi *do* hunt, though.

>the good guys are the ones exterminating your people, goyim
I really don't get how you aren't seeing the issue.

By not seeing it as a good thing, dumbass. It's the dark turn that many stories have to take in order to be compelling. If your monkey brain can't look at the Na'vi and see our own past, you're extremely limited in imagination. We show up. We wrong them. We treat them with our characteristic arrogance, and we pay for it. The Na'vi go to the brink in their grief and rage but pull back at the pivotal moment out of something we never demonstrated for them - compassion.

If you can't find resonance in that, maybe capeshit's more your speed.

>It's the dark turn
Audiences don't like that. They don't want to be confused. They don't want their morality questioned.
>If your monkey brain can't look at the Na'vi and see our own past, you're extremely limited in imagination. We show up. We wrong them. We treat them with our characteristic arrogance, and we pay for it
You don't have to keep trying to convince me. I understand it, I'm just identifying that it can't work for a movie. The first one only worked because we were still the colonizers. You move past that and lose your clear moral high ground then you're going to start making your audience uncomfortable.
Not like I care, I'm never going to watch any of those movies. I can't sympathize with aliens against my own species.

>interplanetary warfare
>legit examination of what's right and wrong
>intimations that you might be becoming the very dragon you're fighting

Yeah, just look at how poorly ESB is remembered.

What the fuck is esb

Cameron ship design is always so great.

>discussing a sci-fi story
>doesn't recognize The Empire Strikes Back's abbreviation

I'll take "Ways to Lose all Remaining Credibility" for 1000.

>By not seeing it as a good thing, dumbass
Lol, you would be carpet bombing them the secind the batteries in your iPhone 69SS would have to switch from Unobtanium batteries to Somewhatobtanium batteries.

>t. brainwashed consumer

I'd read another book. Unlike you, I predate the Information Age. Take my word for it, it really was a better time.

Agreed. I fucking love that thing.

/thread

Attached: Native_Germans.jpg (700x467, 89K)

cant believe it's the same actor

Attached: tombstone-1993-ike-clanton.jpg (599x357, 27K)

That legit blew my mind. Lang deserves more work than he gets. Way, way more. He completely disappeared inside Ike Clanton, voice and all. Even his body language is completely different.

youtube.com/watch?v=HnqPMtoL7Ng
Are we breaking the consciousness, tv?

The fire rises, brother.

>you can be a cute little loli in the future
We were born to early bros

he was a retard and ruined the entire human effort on Pandora and set his overlords back in an impossible to overestimate manner, lost the entire infrastructure and killed most of the workforce he was responsible for
sorry humanity, no Unobtainium for you because some faggot wanted to be a hardass
instead of having the steady supply, they lost quite literally EVERYTHING
and can't even TRY to come back for YEARS

Attached: taras_bulba.jpg (474x701, 49K)

>t. understands nothing about physics

Wow, native americans btfo

Attached: Pollution-Keep-America-Beautiful-Iron-Eyes-Cody.jpg (1238x697, 192K)

how is that doubtful
they took the long way to get there, with a different propulsion, found the mineral, and that allowed them to speed up in the interstellar travel

>>Muh evil technology
they litterally wouldn't have won without technology

I don't think man has yet to understand nature's...nature. It is simultaneously darwinist and yet simultaneously harmonious.

>at first I was like
>but then

Attached: image.png (677x382, 477K)

>chad unlimited energy mineral

>virgin useless hive mind

>earth needs the mineral to live
>aliens won’t even negotiating
>aliens spend free time attacking humans

>hurr humans are the baddies tho!

Yeah nah, fuck you idiot

I don't remember the plot too well, but was it really the most sensible thing to go to war with the natives? Couldn't they just have gotten the unobtanium a more political way?

>repeat the ending of Avatar 1
Boring

How do the Navi get into space?

>profiteer
What about 'Earth needs this resource to survive' do you not get?

no this is the good girl of the movie

Attached: 2018-01-21-1058-26.webm (1280x720, 885K)

No, it's about the genocide of the American Indians, and a rip-off of Pocahontas.

Nobody cares enough about sand people to make a movie about them.

If I had to bet, I'd say a combination of our tech and a cache of the forerunner species' tech they discover.

>he said, attempting to win an argument while typing on a computer
>uncaring that he is supporting the exploitation of third world nations for their precious minerals

Haha ironic faggot

I've been solar for a decade.

any route that doesn't protect, help, love or is otherwise nice to the na'vi is wrong.

Attached: neytiri3_by_boris_dyatlov-db602k2.jpg (1300x1044, 442K)

Nature should be in charge. Being a Na'vi would be way more awesome than being a wagie debt slave in our world, even in the future.

>My gf is from Lebanon
How does it feel to take Moshe's sloppy seconds?

Attached: 1566025483840.png (605x381, 187K)

>Couldn't they just have gotten the unobtanium a more political way?
The mining colony was corporate, not state. They didn't have the legal authority to negotiate politically

Mega cringe

makes the irony even worse

what generation cells?

The only thing he could not built was a way to speak with another realm without leaving his own. Funny.

???

Navi

Attached: RTX2070vsRX5700XTvsRTX2070Super1080benchmarks.png (936x607, 30K)

Surely it would have had permission to act like one of the East India Companies? Seems weird that they weren't allowed to use diplomacy when there's nothing anybody could do about it.

they were getting the unobtainium the whole time, the conflict was entirely unwarranted
they just wanted to speed up the rate, it's said that the blueniggers were sitting on the largest deposit around

2009 called they want their HOT TAKES back

It's Pocahontas in space with CGI, you fucking retard

What did he mean by that?

Jacob
>to supplant, circumvent, assail, overreach
Sully
>to soil, stain, or tarnish.
>to mar the purity or luster of; defile:

Dito.
Guess we just grew older and cannot stomach the green bullshit anymore.
I hate Jimbo is wasting his time on part two of Blue Space-Greta instead of properly building out the Alita franchise.

You retarded souless transhumanist commies are even worse than actual trannies.
AND even gayer.

He was also unrecognizable in Manhunter.

>Nature should be in charge. Being a Na'vi would be way more awesome than being a wagie debt slave in our world, even in the future.
I remember when this movie came out they were unironically trying to force this meme as if there were actually autismals who were obsessed with Avatar. In truth, the worldbuilding was completely shallow and uninteresting (outside of the visuals) and the film has had zero cultural impact.

um sweetie, he can't be good, he's white, a man and straight.

>Avatar
>wasting thoughts and letters on it
Top kek.

Ridley Scott > James Cameron

No shit. He was defending his race and planet. The crippled faggot who doomed his own race to fuck a blue animal is scum. Cameron should be lynched

>They were unable to convince the natives
They didn't even fucking try. The whole conflict of the movie is centered around a miscommunication, Jake was brought in so that he could be the Liaison between the Natives and the Humans, the science team did fuck-all towards establishing communication and decided learning their culture is more important than keeping both peoples alive. Meanwhile, Jake did fuck-all and decided to pursue blue pussy. Both the Tribe and the Corporation did nothing wrong, because either side had no idea what each other wanted.

At no point was the importance of the rocks mentioned by Sigourney and her team to the tribe, who given their culture and outlook, would most likely have cooperated better if they had known the humans needed it to survive. Likewise, the importance of the trees and spiritual ecosystem was never mentioned to the corporation until they saw no other option than to blow it up because of the lack of cooperation from the science team.

>commits genocide for corporate interests
No wonder Americans love him

>t. Alien savage

>He was defending his race and planet
...and the navi weren't?

They are animals, subhuman savages. The real people need the resources.

Based, fuck those blue space Mexicans

that's a bunch of bullshit

did them jannies change the way threads get bumped?
I'm seeing threads stay up longer now. This one has been up overnight

awh bro if only everything was free and provided by the government we'd be so enlightened

well, yes
that's how post scarcity works

Because the blues arent people, they're fucking animals. If people need a resource to survive but a bunch of monkeys who worship rocks don't want to give it up, you kill the monkeys.

you're replying to me and I agree with everything you said
movie was just Jewish garbage meant to encourage racial conflict. In other words, if some African tribe strikes oil, Avatar propaganda makes it more likely they'll kill whitey than contract with a company to take the oil out.

this, he does anything his jewish overlords asks of him, of course amerimutts are going to sympathize with him

first you have to create a post-scarcity society

we're getting there

based and antiniggerpilled.

Would have gotten there by now if we didn't spend 65% of our federal budget on welfare.

society will collapse before we get the star trek handouts

No he's not.

>that goes on since 92
lmao, it already started with the first iranian war

You’re missing the point. The humans’ way of life is unsustainable. They don’t *need* the unobtainium, they just want it, because it’s unthinkable to them to live any other way than they’re living. They’re already getting the mineral, but that’s not enough for them. It’s always about “more, faster, easier” even when that means completely destroying the things the Na’vi hold sacred. What do you think that conversation would look like:

>Hey, you guys mind if we bulldoze these trees you live in and commune with the spirits of your loved ones through so we can mine a rock that is utterly worthless to you and your way of life?
>Yeah, sure thing, mate.

The humans recognize this eventuality, so they’re already looking to pull an end-around on them. They’re sneering about Na’vi’s savage lifestyle while invading and taking out of all balance with what’s sustainable, and all without a single shred of self-awareness.

>even when that means completely destroying the things the Na’vi hold sacred
Who gives a fuck though? That's like giving a shit what prairie niggers think about a sacred field in the middle of nowhere.

>having the mentality of a crackhead

Now imagine those “prairie niggers” had real “magic” and were able to commune with animals and their prairie, could mobilize the land itself to attack you. Would you maybe start caring about what they want then, dumbass?

massive cope

>This is unironically the good guy in the movie.
I agree, but mostly because the SecOps were way cooler than the Navi

Attached: PRESENTavatar-128.jpg (1600x691, 613K)

t. manlet

Anprims on suicide watch

>"every living thing that crawls, flies or squats in the mud wants to kill you"
>forest is peaceful outside a few scripted encounters

only for certain races or with the "na'vi way of life" buff

Whenever I look at this picture I get a kind of nostalgic feeling. Not for the movie itself, although I do enjoy Avatar. It's the culmination of the blue tint, metal buildings, military, and while not in the picture, knowing jungle is just outside. It just seems like home.

>Why not? We did. We have absolutely no idea how long they've been sentient.
You have absolutely no idea why we did in the first place, clearly or it would be obvious to you as hints at

Our capacity for abstract thought predates our use of primitive technology by literal ages of the earth.

what's your point?

That your argument that we evolved because of our need for technology holds no water at all.

Nigger, are you a scientologist? Abstract thinking is not a "technology".

Attached: navi women.jpg (4620x1388, 1.44M)

Well dependa what school of thought you belong to. Earth is where it is. Anyway we know where the story has to go. If unobtanium isn that valuable Earth will return with bigger guns.

Will the pandorans industrialised and militaries to defend themselves? They fall into the same trap. We know they will push a deuz sex and the planet will defend them from the human military. Just more overtly in the sequel.

Correct. The capacity for thought only allows technology to develop, you utter fucking brainlet.

>carbon and water
>treasure trove

what *clap* is *clap* your *clap* point *clap*? The capacity for a thing is not the thing itself you maniac. Because niggers or the navi have/had the "capacity" for abstract thought and thus the capacity for technological development, does not mean they did have or could have had technological development? What the fuck are you even arguing? They were blue niggers just like brown niggers. They didn't have technology and there are hard, sensible reasons for that that do not require us to go full pseud and start babbling about "capacity for abstract thought" as if it's directly relevant.

Attached: empire_5.jpg (800x450, 42K)

You know who’ll still be around after all us “advanced” societies have killed ourselves? Hunter-gatherers. You act as if there are literally no drawbacks to the way we’re handling “progress.”

Oh, and please do yourself a favor and never do that embarrassing “clap” shit ever again. What a fantastic faggot you’re making of yourself.

literally what/who are you arguing with? You are not tracking. Are you on drugs? These are just random pot musings.

I *clap* do *clap* not *clap* answer *clap* to *clap* you *clap* only *clap* call *clap* out *clap* your *clap* gay *clap* bullshit

Attached: d82a5c03fd2465cbd5662b560add08f76dcb66d9fbe3946e960a1b8b9694a3af.png (1077x1271, 954K)

You’re too stupid to even follow a discussion, so you’re worth my nor anyone else’s time, whether you’re actually retarded or think you’re just pretending to be.

Yes, but dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wind. Did you know that there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the beach? That pretty much means I win the debate. You are dismissed.

Attached: tumblr_og62jwHID21s96rjlo1_540.jpg (540x800, 87K)

Only an incel wouldn't like the guys that turn a space shuttle into a gunship.

Attached: gunturretA.jpg (1600x854, 230K)

I wish they had focused more on the humans, shit was cash. make it unapologetic human propaganda so it can still be sold as satire/criticism to the bleeding hearts out there

Mate, I know several engineers in person that would in fact commit genocide for a room temperature superconductor

Look, dipshit. The point is that if our civilization can’t get by without continually kicking the can down the road to future generations and sucking resources dry, whether they’re ours or someone else’s, then we fucked up somewhere. Our whole journey of progress was a pipe dream and for all our Cadillac brains are capable of envisioning, we’d have ultimately been better off never leaving the caves, and our much-vaunted superiority over “primitive” cultures was all just arrogance to begin with. Is that fucking clear enough a statement of the point for you?

Cameron's brother

Attached: cameron4.png (916x590, 856K)

what bothers me about that shuttle is: why the fuck did they stay within range of the flying beasts
why not go a kilometer higher where the pterosaur things can't go then drop the bombs from there on
it's not like they can shoot it out of the sky while it's falling
or heck, they can reach orbit, fuck bombs, just drop some heavy things onto that tree on a sub-orbital trajectory

also means that the Na'vi are still fucked, they can't touch humans in space at all, and if Earth really is dying then eventually someone is going to figure out
A: its us or them
B: nudging an asteroid towards their moon costs surprisingly little fuel if done optimally

Oh no, this poor thing thinks every satire is a “dogwhistle”

>if

Attached: a0f5d15a4fda32af237fc4b8e248a5f0811d32e2c880806ca06662794ccaa8a2.jpg (900x642, 108K)

>why not go a kilometer higher where the pterosaur things can't go then drop the bombs from there on
because it was done by hand and that makes it very hard to hit.

Point taken.

it's a bigass tree, shouldn't be that hard to hit it
and the whole 'just drop crap on a sub-orbital trajectory' still stands

yep that's why:
>55:17
youtube.com/watch?v=_Y8Buy5b6DQ

>fuck america
>says my lebanese gf living in america

Attached: 1521118781507.png (600x388, 86K)

smallpox blankets are a myth, just think about it for two seconds.

he didn't say that she lives in america

>and the whole 'just drop crap on a sub-orbital trajectory' still stands
no because they didn't have the tools to do that

Fucking awesome.

are you just trying to pick a fight?

Attached: 1543479135596.jpg (342x316, 20K)

Now I see why it takes him so long to make these movies. It definitely pays off

they have the means to reach orbit, so they also have the means to get something on a sub-orbital trajectory
think about this for a moment

they have two space shuttles and probably exactly enough fuel to get them to the spaceships and back. That's it

>so they also have the means to get something on a sub-orbital trajectory
Why? All they had access to were pallets of mine explosives, that had to be pushed out of the cargo bay by hand. No way to launch them on a sub-orbital trajectory.

Neytiri is...

Attached: Neytiri_7349.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Too pure for this world.

they had the means to create fuel on the planet as the interstellar ship didn't bring fuel with it due to weight concerns
why in gods name would you need to drop explosives? It's a sub-orbital trajectory, rocks become a moderately powerful bomb at that speed

>It's a sub-orbital trajectory
They didn't have the ability to launch whatever they wanted. They had their shuttles and that's it.

Attached: neytiri_by_boris_dyatlov-db5bv82.jpg (929x1600, 496K)

you get the shuttle on a sub-orbital trajectory
while in space, you push something out of the shuttle
said object is now on a sub-orbital trajectory

Ultimately, the answer to your question is “arrogance and overconfidence.” They didn’t do any of those things because they saw no need. They thought they could just swagger their big ole swinging dick of a cargo plane up in there and only be facing minimal resistance from a bunch of savages who worship trees and believe in magical tree spirits. Except that shit turned out to be real. Your question is tantamount to asking why Custer didn’t dig in in a defensible position and send for cannonry.

What do you fit in the shuttle that will both survive re-entry and be damaging enough, and how do you do it accurately enough within the week timeframe they had?

okay, good point, still means that the Na'Vi could be in for a rough awakening if the Humans decide they really want themselves some unobtanium

That’s precisely what I think we’re getting in the sequels.

Holy fuck that's based.

only if you are a non traitor human

Attached: clanleaderoftheeasternsea_ta_eanaunil.jpg (1412x2500, 1.03M)

this might be the cringeist thing ive read all year

did you miss ?

user...

im choosing to believe that was satire

you realise all the money made on unobtanium goes straight into a jews pocket right?

The sequel has the entire potential to sum up James Cameron’s career.
>Underwater scenes
>Guns
>Banter
>Technology
>Anti-establishment
>Epic
>Fish
>Dystopia

The way the final battle is shot is a masterclass. Superhero films should learn from it.

They would have had to sink billions into creating the technology to get to the planet and bring machines/people/supplies there over decades. The unobtanium would have had to revolutionize earth if they were willing to risk so much money over such a long period of time to get it. I think they mention in the movie that they can't even contact earth from the planet or that it takes years to do. What is wrong with the Jews profiting from such a huge investment if at the same time earth benefits from the new technology? Jews and Arabs profit off of oil but we still get to use it to drive cars and create electricity

The real Pocahontas died early. You’ve been drinking the Disney Kool Aid to long

Based and Nietzschepilled

Wrong.

Rip and tear!

Retards, he's just doing his job, he is amoral. The only moralists are the alien-lovers, everyone else doesn't give a shit they're just mercenaries. Corporate footsoldiers like in the real world. Shit like is progressivist propaganda. Framing a hellscape Earth requiring more resources to continue its endless growth, denial of reality and inevitable decay into extinction, as somehow the will of this so-called 'humanity'. Imagine someone kills your family and then frames the killing as progress, as humanity's will and imperative. That's essentially what progressivism runs off.

He’d be a great Cable

But they had to do it in the shuttles because the region was scrambling their equipment. The floating rocks made missions difficult. That's why they flew in and didn't use an ICBM or something.

here you go user, enjoy!

Attached: 1521743143765.png (924x508, 503K)

James Cameron is a visual genius

Attached: 1563877455147.jpg (482x386, 119K)

>they can't even contact earth from the planet or that it takes years to do
well they're a few light years away so it takes double that to get response

he campaigned for it I think

>$237 million budget
>CG artist draws his battle scars OVER his hair.

Attached: Capture.png (604x210, 20K)

>want to rape other habitated planets
Yeah. Very nice guy.

tl;dr. Long live to aliens!

they filmed it in like 2005. The technology to put the scars under the hair didn't exist back then

might makes right

so the na'vi are in the right then?

No, that's pretty much spot-on. That's the difference in perspectives between the humans and the Na'vi. They're all about balance and harmony. The humans are all about taking with no thought to giving back.

>he had at least 11 years to write a good script but didn't

It's almost 2020, FUCK.

Attached: download.jpg (418x420, 30K)

he's old enough to play his Mr. Puckett character convincingly without any makeup

that was beautiful

I've never watched avatar but whenever I see this pic, I get the sudden urge to conquer worlds and exterminate niggers

what is telecomunications?

>Implying you would give a fuck which people your country raped as long as you got your autism bucks.

Can you comunicate with different realms through telecomunications, retard?

Based

>killing a race for some minerals.
>good guy

pick one.

Define realm?
if you wanted to talk to your ancestors you could always create an AI of them before they die essentially creating a ghost in a machine.

That's talking with an AI not with a person, not your ancestor not with another realm. Fucking retard.

define 'another realm' you pseudo intellectual prick

As not from this plane.

>the only thing he couldn't build was a way to communicate with this thing I just made up

>some random retard thought himself smart when he thought he caught someone in a gotcha moment
The more you post the more retarded you look. I made up the different planes? Did I made up heaven? Did I made up hell? Did I made up the concept of different realms? Stop, you retard.

2d > 3d as per usual

The planet mind thing wasn't a different realm. It was a living organism that other organisms on the planet evolved to communicate with.

The movie never goes into detail about it. For all we know the tree could be a portal to another plane.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

He's certainly the most compelling character in a movie full of cardboard cutout tropes with lines.

The fact that yourn opinion is shit and, along with your situation, has nothing to do with the movie, if the US fighting in the middle east wasn't to benefit jews, I'd be all about that region being an open season hot zone for every branch with no ROEs

Colonel Miles “live in a tree, you’ll be hearing from me” Quaritch?

may be niggers, but space ones
you terrestrial faggot ape

no, you kill them, dumbass

>all this bullshit

If they did it that way the Na'vi would lose