I hate Resurrection as much as the next person (It's awful, get over it), but this thing is great

I hate Resurrection as much as the next person (It's awful, get over it), but this thing is great.

A true grotesque abomination.

Attached: NECA-Newborn-Alien-Figure-009-928x483.jpg (928x483, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MCoefVgW9w
youtube.com/watch?v=zwCWzGje8Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=4Jr9xtRhKto
youtu.be/6Z1v4FsU0Ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Agreed. Neca figures are indeed abominations.

Ressurection had a lot of great things in it.

It really didn't.
>Queen Aliens in captivity

People talk about Aliens shitting on Alien, but Resurrection shit on the whole series.

gib winonabot

>What the average American will look like in 50 years

And that's a good thing.

shut the fuck up reddit nigger

>get the quadrilogy
>watch all the bonus features because autism
>find out this thing had a giant erect penis but they chickened out and digitally removed it at the last second

Attached: scared.jpg (480x330, 64K)

Resurrection had that creepy scene with the abominable Ripley clones. That shit was kino even if the rest of the movie sucked.

any pics?

Color is wrong but the features are pretty spot on.

Resurrection was the origin of the 'grotesque abomination begs 'kill me'' trope, right

It did nothing wrong.

damn that would've been next level Giger shit. Pussies.

facts

The script was dumb because it was written by Joss Whedon but it had a nice look and was competently directed. The special effects were all great.

yeah

I unironically prefer Alien Resurrection over Alien 3

it's way more kino

It looks cool sure, but it has no reason to exist. The Queen Alien fucking Xeno-Ripley idea was absurd.

Why did Giger put cocks and vaginas on literally everything?

Attached: OiqvrtEA6Ix4BZKkDoIhLeeWRdtuxcpi4563HUhXNuw.png (571x720, 275K)

So was the creature able to reproduce with itself in theory?
I haven't seen the movie in a while and I can't even remember what the purpose for making a xeno human hybrid was.

He was a closeted Democrat

Sex is scary.

Is that Jazz?

He liked combining sex with horror.

Kind of like how some artists use religion+horror to get a reaction out of specific people. I was raised catholic and the exorcist is still unnerving as fuck for me, as is The Ninth Gate (which is also one of my favs)

The Fly was ten years earlier

The hybrid was unintentional.

The queen embryo that was taken out of cloned Ripley (how it's even possible?) had mixed up with human DNA and so it was able to have a womb and have a more human xenomorph.

It's all to messy, human birth is one of the most fragile things, it would simply put the queen in danger and it's xeno output would be severely reduced. A genetic dead end.

stop embarrassing yourself kiddo

>Ripley's DNA included all the DNA for the xenos
Pretty daft. Surely facehuggers don't do actual genetic modification while they're doing their job.
But her DNA also including memories was on the same level there.

I also wonder how 4 fits in with all the comics and games which show xenomorphs are found frequently in other places and hence wouldn't be something you needed to clone someone from a hundred years ago to get at.

Really didn’t need that vagina but otherwise yes

Resurrection was just Joss Whedon trying to figure out how to write Firefly years before writing Firefly.

The deleted scene with the joke about Weyland Yutani no longer existing because it was bought out by Wal-Mart is good for a chuckle, and young Winona in tight space outfits being a cute robot is always good, but ultimately the movie isn't that great and I'm pretty sure the majority of Alien fans consider it non-canon.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 83K)

The underwater scene was pretty fucking well done as well

based

This thread gave me the idea to watch Alien. I bought the first 3 films in a set years ago.I put the DVD on, and the first an only preview is for the 4 film set. Bastards.

OK, sure I'm going to get flamed here, but: I liked it. I genuinely don't understand why anyone didn't like it. What's so bad about this film?

downvoted

Attached: 1480430210001.png (292x551, 307K)

Same, I thought it was great. However it's also the only Alien film Ive ever seen other than prometheus

I'm pretty sure nobody will actually be able to come up with a good reason why they didn't like it. These things tend to become 'trendy', where everyone hates on a film without really knowing why, just because everyone else is doing it.

There were some criticisms of the science behind some of the DNA/genetic plot devices, but I don't really think those criticisms are fair, since questionable science crops up all the time in sci-fi, but nobody bats an eye about it.

this. i really enjoyed it.
they really should have had a new aliens movie coming out like every other year but the studios fucked up royally by being fucking mega gay

The first couple of Alien films were great. Third is utter shit. Resurrection was a nice return to form.

You have to be at least twelve to post here.

Get a life.

Th music is also the best thing of the movie

Get a sex and have it.

It’s much more campy than the other films with less pure horror or action. The cast is pretty camp as well; with Ron there.

Just letting you anons know. This thread made me download resurrection. Watching now.

Attached: 1565639906318.jpg (675x675, 164K)

I honestly like it too. But I think it has too do pretty much with the nostalgia factor.

The underwater scene is really kino tho. This is the only alien movie where you see the xenos swimming

Attached: 4259161943029126.jpg (480x270, 35K)

But that's exactly what they do. Different species spawn different aliens from the face hugger eggs.
It's why the alien at the end of Prometheus is different. It came from an engineer and not a human like the rest of the aliens that we had ever seen. Same with the alien/predator hybrid.

>The underwater scene is really kino tho. This is the only alien movie where you see the xenos swimming
this scene really split the fans when it came out.

Based

Also the scene when Ripley discovers her failed clones

It was actually a penis curling around into a vagina. I'm not kidding.

pretty much all of Giger's artwork was inspired by reproductive organs

>tfw Giger died by falling down a small set of stairs because he was old as fuck
Shame the studio shafted him so hard.

I can't stand it. It was done by the guy that did Delicatessen, City of Lost Children and Amelie. It's not kino, it's pretentious trash parading around as kino in off kilter colors. The hybrid is the best part of the film.

It's really not. Xenomorphs are by their nature already hybrids, so this is just stupid.

>young Winona in tight space outfits being a cute robot
essentially this

The babies differ depending on the host, but that doesn't mean the host itself gets altered in any way

Kek

>Queen Aliens in captivity
What's the fault with this? Bringing an alien back for study was the corporate goal since the first movie.

based and /toy/pilled

And is still the strongest of all xenomorphs ever produced. Strong enough to kill a queen in one strike, would decimate the predalien, and the neomorphs.

Funny how for all the things wrong with it Joss Whedon thinks it just needed more jokes. Because a fucking sci fi horror movie needs constant sitcom banter.

the best episode in the franchise

Whedon is poison.

i didnt read the thread and this might have been mentioned but someone once posted that that alien originally had weird genitals like a dick-pussy but they edited them out of the final movie. anyone know if thats true?alien/human hybrid dick-pussy

This thing and the clone scene were the last good things to come out of this franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=8MCoefVgW9w

>pops internally
>also externally

>It's all to messy, human birth is one of the most fragile things, it would simply put the queen in danger and it's xeno output would be severely reduced. A genetic dead end.

its creepy though.

Too campy and too joss whedonny. Remove the Joss whedon and im sure the camp fades away and you're left with a really cool movie. Unfotunately whedons fagottness is so large and reaches so far much of the movie is overshadowed. Tone is everything and whedon just completely fucks with it in this

I didn't like the cliché as fuck "merry band of rough-and-tumble mercenaries all with their own signature skillsets" aspect. It felt fantastically out of place in this franchise, especially as implemented. That trick-shot faggot took me completely out of the movie. I only watched the rest for cool xenomorph scenes/body horror.

What? They don't fuck buddy.

avp 2 had swimming aliens though that film blows.

The movie feels like a comedy. Joss Whedon cannot write a single character who isn't a fucking quipping retard and who wants that from an Aliens movie? There are some really nice scenes in the movie (the hybrid, the underwater part), but every time a character opens their mouth, it just takes you out of the setting and reminds you that Whedon is a hack.

fuck joss whedon
fuck this film
fuck the hybrid
fuck everything about it

theres only 3 alien films

Cringe and bluepilled.

>ITT:you can only have CORPORATE ARMY characters joke in Alien movies everyone *else* MUST be super cereal
if you're too dumb to let the movie do its thing and have to stop every three seconds to reeee about Whedon I'm gonna have to put you down as worthless capefag
listen closely and you may hear the approach of Alien 3 contrarians headed this way!

This alternative opening sequence for Resurrection summarizes perfectly the damage Cameron did to the franchise: youtube.com/watch?v=zwCWzGje8Ds

Those military guys, they do a lot of trick shots, do they?

For me, it's when Brett and Parker made those incredible trick shots against Lambert and Ash to solve that bonus situation.

At least some people have good tastes. Someone should make a petite short haired doll series already.

I really don't get the foaming-at-the-mouth hate for Resurrection. Alien up until AvP was one of the few franchises where each film had a very distinct feel to it thanks to different directors.

It's really unfortunate that the most vocal Alien fans are the type of retards who get excited about new buster designs instead of the style and atmosphere of each new installment

I like how it's face is essentially a xenomorph without the visor obscuring the human like skull underneath.

it's just niggas who want to watch the same thing over and over and over again
this movie was cool, but they are upset because it's different from the first one, spewing some nonsense about horror and shit
he cat is out of the box since the first movie, the enigmatic monster is revealed and killed some defenseless space truckers, move on

>tfw you dilate

Based user, I fucking love the soundtrack for AR

They all just ignore Resurrection

Kek underage faggot detected

Most of the comics and the games are pretty bad though as far writing goes.

It's a glass cannon, strong as fuck, but zero durability, and the mind of a literal child.
If that thing hadn't have left the Auriga to chase Ripley, the xenos would have tore it to pieces.

What the fuck even is this post?

That's not an alien, it's a piece of shit.

Damn, discord trannies look like THAT?

This ass shot is pure kino

Attached: ass.jpg (720x480, 28K)

Oh yeah, has nothing to do with aesthetics and composition.

Attached: 1551306210642.jpg (600x407, 50K)

>human xenomorph

You should read Whedon's script for Wonder Woman. What a nightmare... He talks more about feet and "badass" girls than Wonder Woman.

Attached: Daisy Ridley (4).png (640x640, 781K)

>It's a glass cannon, strong as fuck, but zero durability

Kinda makes sense, that thing actually has muscles but the tradeoff was no exoskeleton.

Yes

Is that the fabled femenine penis?

Attached: xenomorph.jpg (592x795, 113K)

Yeah the way I took it was that the hybrid was basically a mule, a freak spin-off from two separate species that was sterile and a genetic dead-end

smug ayy

It was a newborn, normal xenos can't do shit when they are born, imagine what this would grow up into.

YO LIL DONY

unless it's covenant, where they can fuck your shit up immediately

>the xenos would have tore it to pieces.
They would kiss it's ass.

what are some other memorable butt shots aside from this?

confirmed. i read the thread after posting and hybrid xeno dick-pussy discussion began a few posts in. i wonder what reviews would be like if they didnt edit it out.

I felt bad for that thing screaming as it was sucked out into space.

This. I saw it at the movies with my mum.

i guess thats what made it so creepy that it was somewhere in between a violent alien and a human baby. also that it saw ripley as its mother so her killing it was like infanticide.

>aliens are a metaphor for rape
>alien/human hybrid is metaphor for abortion
deep

go fuck yourself

So the perfect bio-weapon. A perfect organism that cannot start a massive parasitic infestation. Literally what WY would of wanted the whole time.

Jesus, Raimi.

It'd a great monster if it wasn't inferior to the xenomorph in seemingly every way
In it's own movie it'd be horrifying, but the juxtaposition between it and the established monsters make it baffling. How the fuck is this spastic retard supposed to be a perfect fusion of xenomorph and human, what the fuck does it gain?

Clever girl

it honestly doesn't look like an abomination, I feel like they failed to make it disgusting at all.

Effects were really good to bad the storyline sucked ass.

Hnnng

Alien had actors and you can say to actors "Okay they're coming off a lunch break and have to get the lander ready to go, but these two think thios one is a bossy faggot. He's going to ask them how things are going and they are going to react."

These days there's no time for that, some line producer with a clipboard just preps them in makeup with words sketched out in a meeting the night before. That's why Predator has most of the awesome quotes of the 20th century and The Predator has none.

right

But dude! Mom jokes ROFLMAO!!

>aliens are black

racist.

It was never supposed to be perfect. the scientists fucked up the cloning and didn't get the results they wanted

>what the fuck does it gain?

benis

The thing is that would never happen. Space has zero vacuum, not negative vacuum. It would have just gotten stuck to the hole and had freezer burn at that part of its body.

Attached: 1566203171117.png (1600x1200, 1.29M)

>racist astronauts building a wall to keep black space out

>Covenants xenos are metaphor for mutts

It was an abortion meme.

>warehouse sized room pressurized
>pizza sized hole in wall to space
yeah that would be a blue dolphin scene.

The tiny nose ruins the design for me. Makes it look kinda retarded especially when it starts sniffing like a dog.

Resurrection is not amazing but it's still much better than people give it credit for.

Attached: betty.jpg (810x559, 144K)

>zero vacuum
>negative vacuum
is this bait?

Attached: giphy.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

Captain Elgyn

>a blue dolphin scene.
a byford dolphin?

Certainly better than all the latest Alien movies put together.

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about lmfao

Is this Winona?
Too perky for Sigourney
Mommy either way

this is an outrage. reparations cant come soon enough.

kim flowers

I could never truly hate Resurrection because prime Noni with that haircut makes me go harder than diamonds.

no time?
script? lol who has a finished, polished, script before filming these days?
ghostbusters 2016 was 100% on-the-spot improv comedy. they had all the time in world and everyone thinks its fine to wing it

it's michael wincott

which one was resurrection again?
who can even remember at this point

Ripley gets cloned, joins up with Ron Perlman and a gang of dudes who have a Winona Ryder sexbot and they fight cloned aliens and Ripley bangs a alien or someshit I don't know.

>he remembers anything from avp 2

>I hate Resurrection as much as the next person (It's awful, get over it)
I like the theatrical version, absolutely dread the special cut, joss whedon sucks as a writer.

>this thing is great. A true grotesque abomination.
It's great in how unsettling it is, between its grotesque shape and human expressions.

The first 30 minutes are really neat, then it kinda devolves into your average b monster movie, plus whedon's unorganic story structure of "and then". It feels more like a comic book adaptation than an alien film. The underwater sequence is sick, they almost killed a few actors there.

Yeah. You don't know how to feel about it right at that moment

You just know Whedon intended this as Ripley's parting shot.

>negative vacuum

Attached: retard.jpg (884x800, 68K)

My biggest issue with it is that this dude dies too early.
Such a waste of a character. His voice is so cool

Attached: 91f549a7b8e374bee77d3f8b3a9b94ff.jpg (500x235, 17K)

Pleb detected. Best bang for your buck ratio outta any /toy/.
>but muh QC issues
Don't handle them like a nigger and they won't break on you.

this was always my biggest gripe as well, michael wincott was kino actor, criminally underused in general

Thirded. Great villain in the Crow and in general.

I thought that was Amy Schumer

is there some pic of the model somewhere without the CGI nonsense

The rest of the movie was pretty good but once the hybrid shows up, it gets really stupid.The sepia colored ship looked gorgeous though.

Isn't that giant crack on her belly supposed to be her pussy?

Attached: a-alien-9-l.jpg (329x500, 30K)

It's obvious that they killed him out of nowhere to remove the authority figure of the betty's crew and make things more messy for the rest.

This is the future the liberals want.

The issue is not that he dies. They could have killed him later in the movie but instead the left the less interesting characters through most of the movie

There are so many memorable things from this movie and yet people still say it sucked. Just look at all the great moments mentioned itt

youtube.com/watch?v=4Jr9xtRhKto

>and young Winona in tight space outfits being a cute robot is always good
Yes

general perez was pretty kino

90's monster films were all kino whether they were good or bad. They all have that characteristic comfy feel from that decade.

The practical effects for this movie were pretty great. You gotta appreciate that at least.
If they would have made this movie today they would have go full cgi with the newborn.

Attached: 26839_c.jpg (1200x675, 256K)

A movie can have a lot of cool individual parts but that doesn't mean they'll come together into a cohesive whole.

>ywn work in a practical effects studio in the 90's

I liked Ron Pearlman in this, but that's about it. Alien films were pointless at this point in the series. The real Ripley and all the characters people knew were all dead.

Why the fuck wasn’t that dude able to shake the alien off his foot?

everything after Alien is schlock
Resurrection was simply aware that it was schlock

lol why did they let the french make that film?

Isolation could be a great film. They should do that.

Was it kino?
youtu.be/6Z1v4FsU0Ow

I liked Alien 4.

For me.. 1>4>2>3

See KotM and Endgame.

Any ranking that puts the original first can't be that bad.

figures inaccurate as fuk to the design in the movie

loved the movie, since i saw it in theatres. I get it, it's not fitting the series, but in itself it's a great 90s sci-fi movie and the score is fucking great, too.

What he meant was, the spaceship isn't pressurised to high atmospheric values. You can put your hand on a tube connected to a vacuum pump and it does nothing.

Not gonna lie. It is rather distracting and a bit too obvious. Better it was taken out. I don't want my xenomorphs to have meat swinging about.